Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 06:21:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  the Bon Jovi thread
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the Bon Jovi thread  (Read 212167 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #420 on: August 18, 2005, 11:13:21 PM »

Where have u been hiding? get your ass back on the board regularly.

Bon Jovi are having a huge kick off mattman, Im not sure if its in the Bon Jovi thread or not
but they are the first band to play at New York's Nokia Theater and its gonna be simulcasted on Aol.com and u can purchase a ticket and watch it at all Regal Cinemas which Im gonna do but it cost 16 bucks to go

U get to see a behind the scenes look at them making the album plus a concert, so its gonna be awesome

that event takes place on MOnday September 19th, After the concert Ill go on over at midnight to walmart or somewhere and pick up the CD.

I cant wait!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
BP
Rocker

Every time i think i'm out, they pull me back in

« Reply #421 on: August 18, 2005, 11:39:16 PM »

Where have u been hiding? get your ass back on the board regularly.

I'm strapped for time to post & then keep up with post's. We got cd.com back online & other things keeping my time right now. So for sanity sake I have to limit myself  Grin - I'm around. -BP

POPmetal
« Reply #422 on: August 19, 2005, 01:49:23 AM »

also they are re-releasing Slippery When Wet as a dual Disc and the backside will be in 5.1 surround and it will include videos of Prayer,Bad Name,Wanted,Never Say Goodbye and Wild In the Streets.

That sounds cool! When does it come out? They should do it for all their albums.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #423 on: August 19, 2005, 04:03:13 AM »

They are releasing it the same day as the new record

i am excited as fuck, Ill buy em both! then the tour and since Im in the fan club I will get front row seats

any bon jovi fan should look into that

its only 10 bucks a year for the Record label fan site which u get the password and presale before tix go up to the public

on Jon Bon Jovi's site which is 35 bucks a year u get seating right on the fucking stage and u get chances to go on fan club trips and meet Jon and stuff.

Im gonna join his site before the tour so I can sit my ass at the side of the stage!

Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #424 on: August 19, 2005, 01:40:02 PM »

September they are having a launch concert where u can buy tickets to your local Regal Cinemas and watch it

on Oprah Winfrey's website they are having a contest where u email in someone who is a huge bon jovi fan and why they are the biggest Jon Bon Jovi fan and that person gets to go on Oprah and meet him

someone please email me in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also they are re-releasing Slippery When Wet as a dual Disc and the backside will be in 5.1 surround and it will include videos of Prayer,Bad Name,Wanted,Never Say Goodbye and Wild In the Streets.

OK... D, how's this:

Dear Oprah:

Please bring my friend D on your show to meet Jon bon Jovi.  He is Jon's biggest fan.  He even has a poster of Jon on his ceiling and... well, what he does while looking at that poster... I probably shouldn't mention, becuase it's not very polite.  D's biggest dream in life is to give Jon a rimjob. 

Since I've heard that Jon is gay, he'd probably really appreciate a rimjob, so you should really hook these two up.

Cheesy
POPmetal
« Reply #425 on: August 19, 2005, 02:27:56 PM »

They are releasing it the same day as the new record

i am excited as fuck, Ill buy em both! then the tour and since Im in the fan club I will get front row seats

any bon jovi fan should look into that

its only 10 bucks a year for the Record label fan site which u get the password and presale before tix go up to the public

on Jon Bon Jovi's site which is 35 bucks a year u get seating right on the fucking stage and u get chances to go on fan club trips and meet Jon and stuff.

Im gonna join his site before the tour so I can sit my ass at the side of the stage!

Sweet! It that the backstagejbj.com site? I'd love to be on the stage.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #426 on: August 19, 2005, 02:53:28 PM »

Yeah www.backstagewithjbj.com

35 bucks a year

im gonna join as soon as tour dates are released.

let me tell u this though

U only get 1 ticket

so if u plan on taking a friend, they have to be on the site as well for u to get 2 tickets.

thats the only downfall with that.

still though, U get some kick ass opportunities

they had a fan club thing in NJ a month ago, and fans got to hear the CD, have a Q and A with Jon and everyone got his autograph and got to meet him face to face.

it lasted like 8 hours

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #427 on: August 26, 2005, 08:32:46 AM »

Well, looks like BonJovi's releasing a new one:

http://bonjovi.aeglive.com/

New York, NY and Los Angeles, CA - August 17, 2005 - BON JOVI will be the first band ever to perform at the Nokia Theatre Times Square when they celebrate the release of their new Island Records album, HAVE A NICE DAY, during a live, multi-media launch event on September 19th at 9:00pm (ET). The BON JOVI: HAVE A NICE DAY
LAUNCH will instantly reach millions of fans across the country, courtesy of the band's partnership with Network LIVE - a newly formed joint venture between America Online, XM Satellite Radio and AEG.

An exclusive, insider segment that explores the creative process behind HAVE A NICE DAY will precede the live performance on September 19th. Network LIVE will beam the event to AOL.com visitors and XM Satellite Radio subscribers, while the show is simulcast live in High Definition and 5.1 audio to more than 100 Regal, United Artists, Edwards, and Georgia Theatre Company movie screens in 50 U.S. markets.

"This band is about two things - the music and the fans," says front man Jon Bon Jovi. "This team we're working with has given us the opportunity to share new music with our fans on every imaginable level - in person, on the radio, online and in theatres across the country."

Atleast, somebody's releasing something....  Wink

Fuck 'Em All.
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #428 on: August 28, 2005, 02:13:37 PM »

iv always liked bon jovi, seen them 3 times so far, they always put on a good show

richie is a really underated guitarist
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #429 on: August 28, 2005, 02:18:45 PM »

richie is a really underated guitarist

Totally agree.  Richie is an excellent player.  So many of those guys from that era are very underrated.  Guys like Tracii Guns, George Lynch, Snake Sabo...those guys can really play.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #430 on: August 28, 2005, 03:03:33 PM »

Richie would be a FAR better player if he wasn't playing CHEESE!
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #431 on: August 28, 2005, 07:37:13 PM »

Behold the power of cheese.? Tied Up you're just not paying attention.? You may think Jovi's lyrics are cheese (I disagree), but Richie's playing damn sure isn't cheese.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #432 on: August 29, 2005, 01:44:30 AM »

Go over to www.bonjovi.com click on discography, select the album "Have A Nice Day" and u can listen to45 second snippets of each song.

they sound very promising.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2005, 02:10:38 AM by D? » Logged

NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #433 on: August 29, 2005, 10:40:57 AM »

I especially like "Last Man Standing", "I Am", "Novocaine", "Complicated"

and the great riff of "I Want To Be Loved" => Damn that talk-box sounds pretty cool !

Can't wait to get this album yes

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
POPmetal
« Reply #434 on: September 04, 2005, 03:46:35 AM »

Yeah, it seems really cool.? (I still didn't like any of the songs more than Unbreakable though)

iTunes has it for pre-order
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPreorder?id=79298981
if you pre-order it, you get a digital booklet and a bonus track "Dirty Little Secret"

I got U2's How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb like that, but I was disappointed with iTunes' digital booklets. You can't even look at it in iTunes. It's just a PDF file and it doesn't go from page 1 to last page, instead it's made in an oder for printing. Also, if you don't have a giant screen, you have to zoom in and scroll around in order to read it.

I think I'll buy this for the bonus track though. Does anyone know what Dirty Little Secret sounds like?
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #435 on: September 04, 2005, 06:00:07 PM »

Does anyone know what Dirty Little Secret sounds like?

Like This ok

Dirty Little Secret Sample

You can find samples of all th songs here, and they're far more better than the ones on the official band's website peace

Also, I has been said that John Shanks is not the only producer. Jon & Richie have worked with Rick Parashar too on 4 tracks from "Have A Nice Day".

The man has worked with Pearl Jam and Alice In Chains.

Can't wait anymore for the album and the tour smoking

D => I've got my backstage card too, hope to be somewhere near the stage for the 2005-2006 tour hihi

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
POPmetal
« Reply #436 on: September 04, 2005, 06:09:46 PM »

Sweet! thanks estranged?

I like it! Looks like i'll get the CD and pre-order from iTunes for the bonus track.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #437 on: September 04, 2005, 06:23:38 PM »

Im just gona buy the Digipack at Best buy and download dirty little secret

I am excited as fuck about that concert as on the Regal Cinemas

I havent joined Backstage with Jon Bon Jovi but Im going to before they start touring.

POPmetal
« Reply #438 on: September 04, 2005, 06:34:36 PM »

Im just gona buy the Digipack at Best buy and download dirty little secret

What's the skinny on the digipack, does it have any extras?

Also, does anyone know if there will be a DualDisk version of the album?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2005, 06:42:29 PM by POPmetal » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #439 on: September 05, 2005, 12:44:55 AM »

Sorry my apologies I meant Dual Disc

its gonna have behind the scenes of the HAND video PLUS THE BIGGIE

4 songs from the Borgata boxset concert on DVD*which I have the whole concert on DVD* but still a must see if u havent watched them perform "Miss 4th of July*

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: