Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 07:36:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  the Bon Jovi thread
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the Bon Jovi thread  (Read 212198 times)
POPmetal
« Reply #400 on: August 09, 2005, 05:24:16 PM »

I think some of the problem with the new stuff is mainly going to be the fact that Shanks produced it . the guy can turna song that would be great into just something that is okay.

Actually, I'm concerned about Shanks too. I'm not too familiar with him, but I know he's done stuff like Michelle Branch, which is exactly the type of mediocre, boring music I can't stand. I think the title track came out great, so that's a good sign, but I can't wait to hear how the rest of the album turned out.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #401 on: August 09, 2005, 05:26:42 PM »

I think some of the problem with the new stuff is mainly going to be the fact that Shanks produced it . the guy can turna song that would be great into just something that is okay.

Actually, I'm concerned about Shanks too. I'm not too familiar with him, but I know he's done stuff like Michelle Branch, which is exactly the type of mediocre, boring music I can't stand. I think the title track came out great, so that's a good sign, but I can't wait to hear how the rest of the album turned out.

Michelle probem was Shanks, she has some songs that are good but shanks really fucked them up.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #402 on: August 09, 2005, 05:44:43 PM »

U heard right Tied Up

The song isnt one of my favorites, Jon's part is good but the music is not my favorite

Here is my problem with Bon Jovi now Estranged?

Last Man Standing is a song bitching about how the music industry has went to shit and against these teen pop/rock bastards and american Idol and other gay stuff like that.

SO what do they do?

First Richie plays a song with the American Karaoke dude and now Bon Jovi have a song that fucking sounds like that shit.

I am pissed off today since Ive woke up and thought about it some more

Its my pure fanboy unconditional love for the band that allows me to even give that song a chance.

coolness... I've changed my signature to reflect D's cheese experience gone moldy.    hihi
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #403 on: August 09, 2005, 06:52:26 PM »

By the way, your site is really cool! Keep up the good work ok

Thankx  beer

Lots of things on the way, with new album and everything ok

As for the producers, I never liked what Luke Ebbin has done with the band. If only they could get Bob Rock back, at least just for one kickass album Roll Eyes

But I still think that in a way they've moved forward with Shanks. Seems to me that the band is looking for something fresh after "Bounce" & TLFR. They're going a lot more out of the Bon Jovi tracks the last 4 years, wich is a good thing. As long as they keep looking and searching it's fine with me. Shit, even new GN'R songs have a drum loop tech sound... It's 2005 Wink

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #404 on: August 09, 2005, 08:52:38 PM »

All Im saying is, U cant sing songs raging against the Shitty music industry and raging against the Teen idols and the American Idols
and then go and have your guitarist play with one and then record songs that sound like Backstreet/Nsync and Britney

This is Bon Jovi and Jon use to always say how 'this aint a boy band this is a man band" but they go and record a boy band song.

Im disappointed.

Also HAND will be the first ever Bon Jovi record that label execs made them go back in the studio and redo songs.

that isnt a good sign.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
POPmetal
« Reply #405 on: August 09, 2005, 09:21:05 PM »

I think you're a little late to the "slam Bon Jovi for being too pop" bandwagon. The closest they ever came to recording a "boy band" song was It's My Life. Unbreakable has a much bigger guitar solo and a much heavier riff than IML. It's the quintessential pop metal song for the 21st century (like YOu give Love A Bad Name was the quintessential pop metal song for the 20th century) but it's still got the metal in it. It's not clean pop like IML which actually has a shorter guitar solo than the BSB's Larger Than Life. Yet, you've stuck with Bon Jovi through IML and even gloat about their big comeback with Crush (which was based mostly on the success of IML). But now you're all worked up about a kick ass rocker song (which isn't even on the album, but a bonus track)?just because it's got a little pop production on it. This doesn't make sense.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2005, 09:25:11 PM by POPmetal » Logged
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #406 on: August 09, 2005, 09:24:31 PM »

Hey, lighten up on D.   It's my job to trash on him, not yours!    hihi

He was just blinded by his brainwashed blind obsession with bon jovi, and I've been working on him using subliminal tactics to save him from this brainwashing.  He is now coming out of it... slowly, slowly... and maybe it's a little late, but better late than never.   ok
SLCPUNK
« Reply #407 on: August 09, 2005, 10:33:17 PM »

NOW ... I KNOW that D is just waiting on pins and needles for my opinion about this song...  hihi

On a scale of one to  five... I give it five pukes.  puke puke puke puke puke

And I thought that  "You Give Love A Bad Name" was cheesy.   And just like cheese... it would appear that Jon gets molder as he ages. 

That's a big hunk of cheese.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #408 on: August 10, 2005, 03:46:50 AM »

Also HAND will be the first ever Bon Jovi record that label execs made them go back in the studio and redo songs.

That's what has been written a few weeks ago, just because Jon hasn't showed up at L.A. Reid's birthday party. Then came all the crap about he and the band being mad at each other, then came the crap about Bon Jovi forced to go back to the studio to rework the songs. Now, knowing JBJ's strong (and sometimes difficult) character, do you really think someone would tell him "hey pall, this is crap, go and work some more ?)

Truth is that the band came up to their record label with the "HAND" album at the same time they we're putting the Box Set together.

This album was recorded during summer 2004, and the guys always said that they were not completely happy with some of the tracks. They've reworked some and recorded some new stuffs too.

Guess it's just the way they want to go. But I absolutely agree with you D : given the fact that they're always slaming pop idols and crap like that, I was fuckin' mad to see Richie selling himself playing with that Bo Bice (wich by the way is a real punk I think)

But I just can't stand the fact that you guys are comparing the band with those BSB, Spears & Co. shitheads  no
"Unbreakable" is just an amazing rock anthem. A great guitar riff, a great solo, some strong lyrics and a powerfull chorus smoking

Plus I'd like to quote POPmetal's post peace

I think you're a little late to the "slam Bon Jovi for being too pop" bandwagon. The closest they ever came to recording a "boy band" song was It's My Life. Unbreakable has a much bigger guitar solo and a much heavier riff than IML. It's the quintessential pop metal song for the 21st century (like YOu give Love A Bad Name was the quintessential pop metal song for the 20th century) but it's still got the metal in it. It's not clean pop like IML which actually has a shorter guitar solo than the BSB's Larger Than Life. Yet, you've stuck with Bon Jovi through IML and even gloat about their big comeback with Crush (which was based mostly on the success of IML). But now you're all worked up about a kick ass rocker song (which isn't even on the album, but a bonus track) just because it's got a little pop production on it. This doesn't make sense.

+ 1  ok

Couldn't do it better. It's all there man beer

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #409 on: August 10, 2005, 04:07:25 PM »

Unbreakable sounds like

Backstreet Boys Larger than Life, Britney's Stronger combined

now I am a bon jovi freak, i defend everything they do, but dude I cant defend that.

honestly, I cant

POPmetal
« Reply #410 on: August 10, 2005, 04:56:50 PM »

People also said One Wild Night sounded like a Rikki Martin song. It seems like you just now discovered Bon Jovi is a pop rock/metal band that uses pop producers. It's nothing new actually. If you look back at their history, many of their big hits were co-written with the likes of Desmond Child, including You Give Love a Bad Name and Living On A Prayer. Shit, Wild is the Wind was co-written along with both Diane Warren AND Desmond Child. I don't think even Aerosmith ever went as far using both of those on one song.

It's not that Bon Jovi sounds like Britney or BSB, it's the other way around. Fact is, Bon Jovi helped define what pop music is, and many of the producers behind bubble gum pop were inspired by Bon Jovi. Andreas Carlsson and Max Martin admit to being Bon Jovi fans and they wrote and produced many of Britney and BSB's songs. Listen to Larger Than Life: it's like an updated, clean pop version of You Give Love or Def Leppard's Pour Some Sugar On Me.

None of this changes the fact that Bon Jovi is a real band that writes their own songs (even if they mingle with external writers from time to time), plays and records their own instruments, doesn't dance like a bunch of clowns, and generally rocks pretty hard (including on Unbreakable). That's the big difference between Bon Jovi and the bubble gum puppets who have everything done and dictated for them.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 05:03:44 PM by POPmetal » Logged
Miss_MCS
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #411 on: August 13, 2005, 03:35:41 AM »

People also said One Wild Night sounded like a Rikki Martin song. It seems like you just now discovered Bon Jovi is a pop rock/metal band that uses pop producers. It's nothing new actually. If you look back at their history, many of their big hits were co-written with the likes of Desmond Child, including You Give Love a Bad Name and Living On A Prayer. Shit, Wild is the Wind was co-written along with both Diane Warren AND Desmond Child. I don't think even Aerosmith ever went as far using both of those on one song.

It's not that Bon Jovi sounds like Britney or BSB, it's the other way around. Fact is, Bon Jovi helped define what pop music is, and many of the producers behind bubble gum pop were inspired by Bon Jovi. Andreas Carlsson and Max Martin admit to being Bon Jovi fans and they wrote and produced many of Britney and BSB's songs. Listen to Larger Than Life: it's like an updated, clean pop version of You Give Love or Def Leppard's Pour Some Sugar On Me.

None of this changes the fact that Bon Jovi is a real band that writes their own songs (even if they mingle with external writers from time to time), plays and records their own instruments, doesn't dance like a bunch of clowns, and generally rocks pretty hard (including on Unbreakable). That's the big difference between Bon Jovi and the bubble gum puppets who have everything done and dictated for them.

Well said!! Smiley Smiley
fesxine
Headliner

« Reply #412 on: August 13, 2005, 04:23:44 PM »

I really like 'these open arms', i can't believe its not going to be on the album - hopefully the album is going to be bon jovi's best album.
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #413 on: August 13, 2005, 08:10:06 PM »

NOW ... I KNOW that D is just waiting on pins and needles for my opinion about this song...  hihi

On a scale of one to  five... I give it five pukes.  puke puke puke puke puke

And I thought that  "You Give Love A Bad Name" was cheesy.   And just like cheese... it would appear that Jon gets molder as he ages. 

That's a big hunk of cheese.

is that bon jovis recording studio?

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #414 on: August 17, 2005, 06:15:07 PM »

New Jersey rockers Bon Jovi  will christen New York City's new Nokia Theatre Times Square with a performance that will be simulcast live in movie theaters throughout the U.S., and will also be broadcast via the AOL Music website and XM Satellite Radio. The event begins Sept. 19 at 9 p.m. ET, the day before Bon Jovi's new album, "Have a Nice Day," reaches stores. Ticket information wasn't available at press time.

"This band is about two things--the music and the fans," Bon Jovi frontman Jon Bon Jovi said in a press release. "This team we're working with has given us the opportunity to share new music with our fans on every imaginable level--in person, on the radio, online and in theatres across the country."

Bon Jovi's album launch will be the first event presented by Network LIVE, a new joint venture between America Online, XM Satellite Radio and concert promoter AEG, which owns the Nokia Theatre Times Square as well many movie-theater chains.

The movie-theater simulcast will be beamed in High Definition and 5.1 audio to more than 100 Regal, United Artists, Edwards and Georgia Theatre Company screens in 50 U.S. markets. Details and advance movie-theater tickets will be available at www.BigScreenConcerts.com "shortly," according to a press release.

Bon Jovi plans to hit the road behind "Have a Nice Day" this fall, but details haven't been finalized, according to promoters.

"Have a Nice Day," the follow-up to 2002's "Bounce," was produced by band members Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora with John Shanks (Kelly Clarkson, Hilary Duff).
[Note: The following tour itinerary has been

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #415 on: August 17, 2005, 09:44:21 PM »

I will be purchasing my ticket at the local Regal Cinema for this!

Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #416 on: August 18, 2005, 10:01:21 PM »

Does anybody know when Bon Jovi's new album is coming out?  Their single "Have A Nice Day" came out not too long ago, so I figure an album should be coming soon.

Speaking of "Have A Nice Day', that song has grown on me a hell of a lot.  Sure, it treads over the same lyrical territory as the first single off almost every Bon Jovi album.  But if you get past that, it's one hell of a good song; the lyrics really make me feel better every time I hear them.  And of course, it's catchy as hell.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #417 on: August 18, 2005, 10:07:14 PM »

The new album comes out September 20.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #418 on: August 18, 2005, 10:40:48 PM »

September they are having a launch concert where u can buy tickets to your local Regal Cinemas and watch it

on Oprah Winfrey's website they are having a contest where u email in someone who is a huge bon jovi fan and why they are the biggest Jon Bon Jovi fan and that person gets to go on Oprah and meet him

someone please email me in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also they are re-releasing Slippery When Wet as a dual Disc and the backside will be in 5.1 surround and it will include videos of Prayer,Bad Name,Wanted,Never Say Goodbye and Wild In the Streets.

BP
Rocker

Every time i think i'm out, they pull me back in

« Reply #419 on: August 18, 2005, 10:58:53 PM »

D... I don't think you can pay me to go on Oprah & meet Bon Bon

Grin

thought I'd say hello

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: