Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 01:37:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228561 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  the Bon Jovi thread
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the Bon Jovi thread  (Read 212340 times)
POPmetal
« Reply #300 on: May 02, 2005, 02:27:21 PM »

anyone else go to the Vegas show?

that was my first Bon Jovi concert. WOW! They put on a hell of a live show. It's so much fun that even the non fans who were there only cuz their wives or girlfriends dragged them along were having a blast. The only concert where I had more fun was GN'R on New Year;s eve at the Joint. My only complaint was that it was too damn short. They only played for about 90 minutes; I guess that's because it was small venue and not a part of a tour. Also, they did a new song (Who Says You Can't Go Home) from their upcoming album as an encore, which I thought was nice but very mediocre. It's in the adult contemporary style like much of the newer songs on their box set and I don't care for that type of music. I'm not holding my breath for their new album. But I would recommend anyone to go to their concerts if they get the chance to. There's nothing like being in the crowd during the Jovi classics (Prayer, Bad Name, It's My Life, Wanted, etc.)

they were playing for the Miler Lite celebration or something, which was basically a one off gig so thats why it didnt last so long, werent there other bands playin as well?

Bon Jovi are one of the greatest live bands dragan, i dont know where u came up with that.

They were playing for the Hard rock Hotel 10 year anniversary and it was just Bon Jovi playing on a specially built stage in the parking lot. Cold Play played the night before and NIN were playing later that night, but that was at the Joint. Bon Jovi could have easily squeezed in One Wild Night and Keep The Faith or Bed Of Roses. OWN is arguably the perfect song to close a show with, but they didn't play it. Instead they did a bunch of covers. A song called Shout, which I didn't like. And then for teh encore, the BEatles' Twist and Shout, which was nice, but there are many Jovi songs that are better. All in all, the show was really strong except for the ending and that's? because they didn't do their own songs. They are definitely one of the? greatest live bands though.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #301 on: May 02, 2005, 05:50:30 PM »

oops! yeah i knew it was some sort of celebration and wasnt a regular tour type show

Jon has a walkin cast on his foot, i dont know if u could see it at the concert, but he has a stress fracture in his foot from running on a treadmill, so he wasnt 100 percent healthy either, so if he played a whole lot of guitar, that was the reason.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #302 on: May 02, 2005, 07:18:48 PM »

why did Axl said"bon jovi can suck my dick"

I have never seen so many tree
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #303 on: May 02, 2005, 10:06:24 PM »

he was mad because Jon was more recognizable than axl and someone mistakingly called Axl Bon jovi so he got mad.

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #304 on: May 10, 2005, 04:23:13 PM »

FROM DAILYNEWS.COM:

Jon Bon Jovi reports that he and his band will be hitting the road this November for a concert trek in support of the yet-untitled album for which they anticipate a September release.
"It's a rather contemporary-sounding record, but it's a big rock record," reveals the music icon. "There are no real ballads on it."

It's also a big year for Bon Jovi the actor. He has the thriller "Cry Wolf" due in August, and the comedy "The Trouble With Frank" set for release later in the year. "It's good to utilize the acting chops once in a while because it's been a while," he says with a laugh.

First off, he and fellow arena football team owner John Elway show up as themselves on the May 23 season finale of NBC's "Las Vegas." We caught up with the pair on set while they talked sports in between takes with "Las Vegas" regular Molly Sims and guest star Dean Cain. An excited Josh Duhamel soon joined in, asking the rock legend to sign his new electric guitar.

As for why Bon Jovi bought the Philadelphia Soul football team? "I love football. I would get depressed at the end of football season," he says.

http://u.dailynews.com/Stories/0,1413,211~23521~2847644,00.html

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #305 on: June 10, 2005, 03:28:19 AM »

Here's information we know you've been waiting on! This is all updated as of June 10, 2005 and all information is subject to change.

BON JOVI will release their ninth studio album this SEPTEMBER.

We do not have an album title to share with you at this time.

The album will be released in JAPAN on Wednesday, SEPTEMBER 14, 2005

The album will be released INTERNATIONALLY on Monday, SEPTEMBER 19, 2005

The album will be released in the US & CANADA on Tuesday, SEPTEMBER 20, 2005

The first single is HAVE A NICE DAY.
The song was written by JON BON JOVI, RICHIE SAMBORA and JOHN SHANKS.
The song was produced by JOHN SHANKS, JON BON JOVI and RICHIE SAMBORA.
John Shanks was honored with a Grammy for Producer of the Year in 2005.
The single was mixed by JEREMY WHEATLEY.
The WORLDWIDE RADIO DATE is slated as JULY 18th.
The VIDEO hasn't been filmed yet but it is in the planning stages and we'll keep you posted.

The album's tracklisting is as follows:
1) HAVE A NICE DAY
2) I WANNA BE LOVED
2) WELCOME TO WHEREVER YOU ARE
4) WHO SAYS YOU CAN'T GO HOME?
5) LAST MAN STANDING
6) BELLS OF FREEDOM
7) WILDFLOWERS
Cool ONE LAST CIGARETTE
9) I AM
10) COMPLICATED
11) NOVOCAINE
12) STORY OF MY LIFE

The photos for this project have not been taken yet. OLAF HEINE will be the photographer. Olaf photographed the band for their 2000 CRUSH album.

There is an incredible amount of work going on behind the scenes leading up to the world launch of BON JOVI's latest album - stuff so cool we can't wait to share with you all. So, plan on having an amazing summer and keep checking with us for more and more info as we head into September. The fun is just about to start!

September 20th New Bon Jovi CD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dontknow about "Have A nice Day as the first single though...

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #306 on: June 10, 2005, 03:34:44 AM »

Fuckin hell yeah. beer

I can't wait till September 20th drool

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #307 on: June 10, 2005, 03:36:30 AM »

Jon Bon Jovi says bad weather, not recording differences with L.A. Reid,
forced him to skip a birthday bash for the Island Def Jam boss.

Mariah Carey, Kanye West, Denzel Washington, Sean Combs, Patti LaBelle
and Ludacris were among those who braved Monday night's rain to wish
Island Def Jam chief L.A. Reid a happy 48th birthday.
But where was Jon Bon Jovi?

Some at the Soho Grand affair whispered that the rocker was in no mood
to toast Reid.

"L.A. wasn't satisfied with Bon Jovi's new album," one source claims.
"He didn't believe it had a radio hit. So - just like they did with
Mariah - he sent Jon back into the studio."

Reid scoffs at talk of a feud.

"Jon called to say he couldn't make it to the party because of the
weather," Reid tells us. "He had to fly in a helicopter [from his New
Jersey estate]."

And the album?

"I'm always sending people back to the studio," says Reid. "But Jon sent
himself back. Jon had just finished the album when I got here [from
Arista]. He wasn't so knocked out by it. So he worked on it some more
and he really pulled it out."

Reid says he has two "wonderful" singles - "Have a Nice Day" and
"Welcome to Wherever You Are" - loaded for release this summer. The
album is due in September....

Fuckin LA Reid, oh well hope those two singles are good.

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #308 on: June 10, 2005, 03:45:12 AM »

I wonder if this is some of the shit thats holding CD back?

Maybe Axl is having problems with the album not really having a singles on it.

fuck LA Reid rant

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #309 on: June 10, 2005, 04:01:15 AM »

I believe that whole heartedly about Axl.

great songs but no really 2005 single format type songs.

fuckin music industry

POPmetal
« Reply #310 on: June 12, 2005, 06:27:22 PM »

And if that is the case, it's a good thing Axl has chosen to delay releasing rather than compromising with the Geffen,? cuz look at how Metallica sounds now. I would much rather there never be another GN'R album than to have their name soiled the way Metallica's has been with garbage like St Anger.

The big 4 music label oligopoly wants to kill rock off, so they don't promote good rock bands. They are making a mockery of the genre with "rock bands" like Dave Mathews and Coldplay. It's becoming a niche for hippies and other sorts of losers. And rap is reaping all the benefits. I can't even listen to "rock radio" stations anymore. I avoid the mainstream media and listen to European metal bands, like Starbreaker and Wig Wam, or underground shit like Dream Theater on my iPod, but when I'm in a car or something and I have to listen to the radio, I hate to say it, but I end up listening to the rap stations, or talk radio, because rock has been completely fucked by the so called "post nirvana progression." At least 50 cent doesn't bore me to death.?
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #311 on: June 12, 2005, 06:35:35 PM »

POPmetal get an Itrip for Your Ipod that way you can listen to your Ipod in yout car.

POPmetal
« Reply #312 on: June 12, 2005, 06:39:54 PM »

thanks for they idea, I've been meaning to get one of those
badapple81
« Reply #313 on: June 18, 2005, 10:06:16 AM »

(June 14, 2005 - New York, NY)

100,000,000 Bon Jovi fans ... will be only a fraction of the worldwide audience who will see the Island recording group, when they appear at the Museum Of Art in Philadelphia on July 2nd as part of the American lineup of "Live 8: The Long Walk To Justice." The once-in-a-lifetime all-star event, organized by Sir Bob Geldof on the 20th anniversary of the "Live Aid" concerts, will present concerts in London, Berlin, Paris, Rome, and Philadelphia on the eve of the international G8 Summit in Edinburgh, Scotland. Further information is available at www.live8live.com.

"We're excited to be part of such a great lineup of artists for these shows," said Jon Bon Jovi. "And we're honored to help fulfill Bob's vision. The impact he made in Africa twenty years ago is still the benchmark by which all charitable music events are measured."

The Live 8 news comes simultaneously with Bon Jovi's announcement of the completion of their 14th release, still untitled as of this writing, set to arrive in stores in the U.S. and Canada on September 20th.

The album's first single release, "Have A Nice Day," will enjoy its world premiere at radio on July 18th. The track was produced by John Shanks, Jon Bon Jovi, and Richie Sambora; Shanks was voted Producer of the Year (Non-Classical) at this year's 2004 Grammy Awards.

The complete song listing for the album is as follows: "Have A Nice Day," "I Wanna Be Loved," "Welcome To Wherever You Are," "Who Says You Can't Go Home?" "Last Man Standing," "Bells Of Freedom," "Wildflowers," "Last Cigarette," "I Am," "Complicated," "Novocaine," and "Story Of My Life." Further details on the album will be announced in the weeks and months ahead.

The new album is the long-awaited follow-up to This Left Feels Right, Bon Jovi's last studio album, released November 2003. The most recent release is 100,000,000 Bon Jovi Fans Can't Be Wrong, the deluxe 5-disc box set (4 CDs plus bonus DVD), released November 2004.

For more information, please visit www.bonjovi.com.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2005, 10:08:06 AM by GunnerDownUnder » Logged
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #314 on: June 27, 2005, 04:40:15 PM »

Versailles Records will release Always: A Millenium Tribute To BON JOVI on July 19th. It will contain the following 12 tracks: 'Wanted Dead Or Alive' by TONY JANFLONE JR., 'Lay Your Hands On Me' by JANI LANE, 'Blaze Of Glory' by RICHARD KENDRICK, 'You Give Love A Bad Name; by COREY CRAVEN', 'Never Say Goodbye' by ANDREW WALKER, 'My Life' by THE ISSUES, 'Bad Medicine' by JIZZY PEARL, 'Run Away' by COLIE BRICE, 'I'll Be There For You' by JASY ANDREWS, 'Born To Be My Baby' by JOHN CORABI, 'Living On A Prayer' by DERRICK LEFEVRE and 'Always' by JOHN SPINNER.

As far as tribute albums go this one could be quite good.  Now i don't know how many of these tracks have been released before but i have heard John Corabi's version of Born To Be My Baby and it's damn good, i also think Jizzy Pearl has what it takes to do a decent Bad Medicine rendition.
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #315 on: July 01, 2005, 04:56:45 PM »

bad medicine by jizzy is old too, ive had it for a few years now.

i sure hope that they play have a nice day at live 8

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #316 on: July 01, 2005, 05:45:50 PM »

Jesus Im sick of tribute albums

washed up has beens singing Bon Jovi songs?

no thanks

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #317 on: July 02, 2005, 09:28:16 AM »

i sure hope that they play have a nice day at live 8
Jon Bon Jovi confirmed in an interview they would be playing it!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #318 on: July 04, 2005, 03:10:03 PM »

http://aolsearch.aol.com/aol/video?query=bon+jovi+video+live+8

tell me what u think of the new song

it kicks so much fucking ass!

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee