Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 02:42:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228561 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  the Bon Jovi thread
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the Bon Jovi thread  (Read 212359 times)
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #280 on: February 24, 2005, 10:20:00 PM »

bon jovi has made alot of good tunes over the years.

but he's why i can't call them a great band.....bon jovi has always worked with writers and producers to help them make commercial, radio-friendly songs.

so for example, bon jovi writes a song and records it. but then they have proucers add crappy hooks and other shit to it with the primary purpose of making it more pop so more people will like it. i just can't totally respect a band that operates like that.

huh? thats totally the most untrue statement ive ever heard in my life

I've heard "more" untrue statements, I don't think that this would qualify as the most... (or even slightly untrue, IMO)...

Untrue Statements:
1.? the checks in the mail
2.? I only buy it for the articles
3.? I'll call you tomorrow
4.? it's not the size that counts, it's how you use it
5.? this is not what it looks like
6.? "I am 100% not - guilty" ~ OJ Simpson
7.? Jon Bon Jovi is a great frontman
« Last Edit: February 25, 2005, 06:06:45 PM by Tied-Up » Logged
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #281 on: February 25, 2005, 03:35:57 PM »

Bon Jovi is a classik. I really want slippery when wet but its expensive

all jokes aside that comment has scared me.

wot do u mean?

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
BP
Rocker

Every time i think i'm out, they pull me back in

« Reply #282 on: February 25, 2005, 06:22:27 PM »

Bon Jovi is a classik. I really want slippery when wet but its expensive

all jokes aside that comment has scared me.

wot do u mean?

almost a day without this thread.

I was referring to the choice of words ::  Jovi is C.lassic
It's an oxymoron

KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #283 on: March 02, 2005, 07:45:09 AM »

Happy birthday Jon - Beat you to it D !!!!!!!
 hihi

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #284 on: March 02, 2005, 02:35:43 PM »

Happy birthday Jon - Beat you to it D !!!!!!!
 hihi

no u didnt check out the birthday thread in the jungle ok hihi hihi hihi

but ill do it here officially as well

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JON BON JOVI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Last Edit: March 02, 2005, 02:37:22 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
BP
Rocker

Every time i think i'm out, they pull me back in

« Reply #285 on: March 02, 2005, 09:39:43 PM »

hey D

is that you in the front row saying, Whoa! It looks that Bigg!

sandman
Legend

« Reply #286 on: March 08, 2005, 10:34:52 AM »

here's why i don't totally respect bon jovi.....

http://www.songwriteruniverse.com/child.html

Desmond Child Continues Great String Of Hits, From Aerosmith & Bon Jovi to Ricky Martin
By Dale Kawashima

Desmond Child has been one of the most successful, versatile songwriters in the music business for more than two decades. This consummate hitmaker first enjoyed success as an artist (with his group, Desmond Child & Rouge), then went on to co-write numerous hits for KISS, Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, Joan Jett, Michael Bolton and Cher. Most recently, he has co-written and produced several hits for Ricky Martin, including the breakthrough single, "Livin? La Vida Loca." Over the course of his career, Child has remarkably written forty, Top 40 chart hits.

In a new interview, Child recalled moments from his entire career, including his early years as a writer/artist in Florida and New York, and which artists have inspired him. He talked about many of his hit songs, including how he established collaborations with KISS, Bon Jovi and Aerosmith. Lastly, he offers words of advice to aspiring songwriters and artists who are trying to break into the business.

Growing up in Miami Beach, Child was first inspired by his mother, Elena Casals, a Cuban songwriter who has had cuts with Latin artists. "My mother loved music, and she was always writing songs," explained Child. "As soon as I was able to sit on the piano, I started imitating her. I learned how to play piano, and started writing songs at a young age."

When he was 14, his friend Lisa Wexler (daughter of legendary, R&B producer Jerry Wexler) would play him albums by Otis Redding and Aretha Franklin that her father had produced. Then one day, she played him Laura Nyro?s debut album, More Than A New Discovery (on Verve Records), which immediately had a profound impact on him.

"I was deeply moved by her music," explained Child. "The album (which contained such classics as 'Stoney End,' 'And When I Die' and 'Wedding Bell Blues') inspired me to take my songwriting very seriously, and I began writing songs which were influenced by her. It was a tremendous thrill for me, many years later, when I had the chance to meet with her."

In high school, Child formed an acoustic/folk duo called Night Child with singer/guitarist, Debra Walls. They drove north and performed gigs in Woodstock (NY), Boston and Montreal. The duo ended up recording demos with Van Morrison?s band at Bearsville Studio near Woodstock, and were almost signed by label executive Seymour Stein in 1971.

However, Night Child subsequently disbanded, and Child attended Miami-Dade College, where he met singers Maria Vidal and Diana Grasselli in 1973. The trio formed the group, Desmond Child & Rouge, and moved to New York City to pursue their music aspirations. Playing the club circuit, the group gradually developed a major following, and was signed to Capitol Records by A&R exec/producer Richard Landis in 1978.

"We recorded two albums for Capitol (both released in 1979), and we had a dance hit called "Our Love Was Insane," recalled Child. "However, we were doing something very different and urban, combining dance and Latin rhythms, rock and roll, punk, all with singer/songwriter-style lyrics. We weren?t understood by our label, and there was a lot of pressure on us at the time, so we ultimately broke up in 1980."

From that point on, Child primarily focused on his songwriting career, which had begun auspiciously in 1979, when he started collaborating with Paul Stanley of KISS. The duo wrote "I Was Made For Loving You" for the group?s Dynasty album, which became a Top 10 hit. Child went on to co-write 16 songs for KISS, including the hit "Heaven?s On Fire" from the group?s Animalize album in 1984.

When Jon Bon Jovi heard and loved "Heaven?s On Fire," he called up Child to collaborate with him. "I got together with Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora, and the first song we wrote was ?You Give Love A Bad Name,?" said Child. "I ended up writing at least 10 cuts with them, including the hits ?Livin? On A Prayer,? ?Bad Medicine? and ?Keep The Faith.?"

During the late ?80s, Child established a hit collaboration with another, multi-platinum band, Aerosmith. "A&R exec John Kalodner introduced me to Aerosmith, bringing me in to write with the group for their Permanent Vacation album," explained Child. "Steven Tyler and I wrote ?Dude (Looks Like A Lady)? and ?Angel,? with Joe Perry co-writing ?Dude? with us. We also wrote [the Top 10 hit] ?What It Takes? for their Pump album, plus [the Grammy-winning hit] ?Crazy? for Get A Grip."

Throughout this period, Child collaborated with (or wrote songs for) many other artists, including Cher, Roxette, Cyndi Lauper, Ratt, Chicago, Alice Cooper and Cinderella. Child co-wrote two additional, noteworthy hits: the rock classic "I Hate Myself For Loving You" for Joan Jett, and the hit "How Can We Be Lovers" for Michael Bolton.

After living for several years in both New York and Los Angeles, Child moved back to Miami in the mid-90s. He built a new studio in his home garage, utilizing ProTools studio equipment. In fact, as a producer, Child made history in 1999 when he produced, recorded and mixed the worldwide smash, "Livin? La Vida Loca," completely on ProTools equipment.

Co-writing and producing "Livin? La Vida Loca" was a tremendous achievement for Child, because the song helped establish Ricky Martin as an international pop star. In addition, Child has co-written and produced several other hits for Martin, including "She Bangs," "Shake Your Bon-Bon," "Cup Of Life," and "Nobody Wants To Be Lonely" (featuring Christina Aguilera).

Besides living and working in Miami, Child has also purchased a home in Nashville, where he works regularly. "I came to Nashville in 1993, and I immediately felt a kinship with country music, because country has lyrics that tell stories," explained Child. "I?ve since built a house there, and I love coming to Nashville every month to collaborate and produce. Right now, I?m collaborating with Jo Dee Messina."

Despite having worked for more than two decades as a writer, producer and artist, Child remains energized and enthusiastic, ready to keep creating the hits indefinitely. "I think I was born with a certain drive and sense of destiny that keeps me going," said Child. "Through all the ups and downs, I believe that?s something you can?t learn. Maybe it was because I was born poor; I wanted to win for the family. I still put a lot of energy in what I do. I work the phones, work in the studio, and travel regularly. I try to live a lot, so I have new experiences that I can write about."

"For any aspiring songwriter who might be reading this article, my advice would be to live life to the fullest, and then write about it. Dare to suck and put your music out there, and just keep on going."

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #287 on: March 08, 2005, 12:07:14 PM »

Ahhhh sandman... you're totally blowing the image that D has given me of bon jovi.  You know... the one where he's totally amazing and writes his own music. 

Desmond Child is a hit maker.  Not saying that's bad or good... just  stating factually, that's what he does.  Much like Lou Pearlman. 

Note... I'm not saying that Child and Pearlman do the same thing... I'm saying that if you're a rocker looking for commercial success, you go see Child, and he'll churn out a hit for you.  If you're a good looking teen aged guy, you go see Pearlman, and he'll put you in a boy band, and you'll be successful.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #288 on: March 08, 2005, 02:20:55 PM »

i dont really see whats wrong with that, that was before desmond was famous

working with bon jovi made desmond famous and it isnt like he wrote the song and bon jovi sang it, they collaborated

plus if those were the only hits bon jovi had it would be one thing, but they have many many many more hits that desmond had nothing to do with.

John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #289 on: March 08, 2005, 03:02:44 PM »

4.? it's not the size that counts, it's how you use it

ooh..behave yourself you naughty whippet!!!
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #290 on: April 24, 2005, 12:10:17 AM »

I hear that the new album is being pushed back till August or September and that they wont be touring this year .

Has any body else heard this ?

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #291 on: April 24, 2005, 02:13:06 AM »

I havent heard this, but ill let u know in about 5 minutes

Jon has a stress fracture in his foot from running, so that has to heal and im sure they are gonna wait till after the Arena Football League season wraps up,

im gonna go check my Bon Jovi message board, ill be right back.

I checked and nothing on there, those sites are very accurate and BonJovi.com are very quick to post stuff, they are playin a gig in Las Vegas next month so i think that rumor is totally false

where did u hear it at?

its still slated for a summer release. the record is 100 percent finished, just waiting till Jon heals up and that Arena Football Season is over.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2005, 02:31:04 AM by D » Logged

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #292 on: April 24, 2005, 02:41:03 AM »

I read it at some Bon Jovi fan site?s message board that a friend showed me.

Thanks for clearing that up D.

new  Jovi album drool

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #293 on: April 24, 2005, 03:04:26 AM »

they probably wont tour this summer but id say in the fall late winter they will and i will be there!

Its suppose to be a "crush" like more upbeat record

go to www.bonjovi.com

click on videos and u can watch their performance at the american music awards where they got the award of merit thing and they play Its My Life and then some of a new song called "Have a Nice Day"

u have to register your email addy to be a bon jovi insider to access the videos but its a quick registration

u can watch every video they've ever made over there once u become an insider

its awesome an excellent band website.

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #294 on: April 24, 2005, 03:19:21 AM »

Cool I 'll have to check that out .

hell yeah Just read on their site that"Last man standing"  is going to be on the album, but a different version then was on the box set,
« Last Edit: April 24, 2005, 03:35:04 AM by timothy » Logged

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #295 on: April 25, 2005, 03:26:59 AM »

it is now a possibility that the record wont come out till Sept

I hope not, they usually keep us updated very regularly on the site, so until they report it im not believing it, but im keepin my fingers crossed.

im still hopin for a summer release.

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #296 on: April 26, 2005, 12:44:53 AM »

I heard that it's cause Jon got some Ideas on how to change some thing.

Still I really hope that it comes out this summer.

POPmetal
« Reply #297 on: May 01, 2005, 06:10:16 PM »

anyone else go to the Vegas show?

that was my first Bon Jovi concert. WOW! They put on a hell of a live show. It's so much fun that even the non fans who were there only cuz their wives or girlfriends dragged them along were having a blast. The only concert where I had more fun was GN'R on New Year;s eve at the Joint. My only complaint was that it was too damn short. They only played for about 90 minutes; I guess that's because it was small venue and not a part of a tour. Also, they did a new song (Who Says You Can't Go Home) from their upcoming album as an encore, which I thought was nice but very mediocre. It's in the adult contemporary style like much of the newer songs on their box set and I don't care for that type of music. I'm not holding my breath for their new album. But I would recommend anyone to go to their concerts if they get the chance to. There's nothing like being in the crowd during the Jovi classics (Prayer, Bad Name, It's My Life, Wanted, etc.)
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #298 on: May 02, 2005, 03:27:59 AM »

I like Bon jovi,and has every studio album!
But i think they are not soo good live

I have never seen so many tree
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #299 on: May 02, 2005, 06:06:02 AM »

anyone else go to the Vegas show?

that was my first Bon Jovi concert. WOW! They put on a hell of a live show. It's so much fun that even the non fans who were there only cuz their wives or girlfriends dragged them along were having a blast. The only concert where I had more fun was GN'R on New Year;s eve at the Joint. My only complaint was that it was too damn short. They only played for about 90 minutes; I guess that's because it was small venue and not a part of a tour. Also, they did a new song (Who Says You Can't Go Home) from their upcoming album as an encore, which I thought was nice but very mediocre. It's in the adult contemporary style like much of the newer songs on their box set and I don't care for that type of music. I'm not holding my breath for their new album. But I would recommend anyone to go to their concerts if they get the chance to. There's nothing like being in the crowd during the Jovi classics (Prayer, Bad Name, It's My Life, Wanted, etc.)

they were playing for the Miler Lite celebration or something, which was basically a one off gig so thats why it didnt last so long, werent there other bands playin as well?

Bon Jovi are one of the greatest live bands dragan, i dont know where u came up with that.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: