Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 07:42:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228561 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  the Bon Jovi thread
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the Bon Jovi thread  (Read 212413 times)
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #240 on: January 15, 2005, 07:17:17 PM »

u dont sell 100,000,000 records just cause u are good looking

it may be a novelty and allow u to have a couple hit albums but if u dont have talent and arent great, no one is gonna keep buyin your shit.
Bon Jovi (nor any other artist that comes to mind) has sold 100 million records.?
And... bon jovi's record sales have diminished over the course of time... they aren't having Slippery when wet sales.? Basically, the only people buying their shit is the hard core fans, like yourself.

Which is fine.? I'm not dissing that... but quit making them sound like their gods gift to music.?
This is a point on which you and I will never agree... I believe that they were a novelty, you don't.? That's cool.? To each their own.

At one time, I was a HUGE Kiss fan.? It took me a long time (too long!) to finally come to realize that they aren't very talented, mediocre at best (but you couldn't have convinced me of this, say... 15 years ago).? They write ok songs, but, what Kiss is really about is money.? That's why they do what they do.? They sold tons of records in the 70s because they had an appeal.

Now, I'm not saying that Bon Jovi are in it only for the money.? They may actually have a love for the music, I don't know, I don't care.? What I am saying is that they sold millions of copies at one time because they had an appeal.? Now, not so much... and their current record sales reveal that.? (Also, generally, when you are at the top of your game, you aren't releasing a box set)? That appeal was the good looks.? Anyone who denies that is either blind or willfully ignorant of reality.

I am also not saying that the ONLY reason they sold records is their good looks.? I am saying that the reason they were the best selling record for that period in time is because of the good looks.

Also, I am not saying that people relate to one song more than another.? I'm saying that one song is more "real" than another.? ?"tommy who used to work on the docks" is probably a fictional character... Jon isn't singing about himself or what he is going through, he's singing a catchy little tune that appeals to the mainstream (teen age kids) audience.

Whereas with Welcome to the Jungle, GNR is singing about something they lived.

That is what makes it more relevant, and more real.? It is something more believable.? It's not pretty painted imagry, it's real and it's in your face, and they don't give a fuck about who it might offend.

And... when I suggested that you find a bon jovi forum... what I meant by that comment is, that if you want people to actually AGREE with your neverending, tireless praise of bon jovi, I'm sure you'll find more people at a bon jovi forum willing to provide this for you.? You have said that you want "respect" for bon jovi..  Well... that's where to find it.? I don't think you are going to find an overwhelming amount here.? That is the point I was trying to make.  I don't want you to go anywhere, I love your posts, you are the most entertaining person on this board thus far.   hihi

And... don't assume that I know nothing about bon jovi, just because I don't like them. 

I found him appealing at one point too... I mean, let's face it, the man is hot.  Unfortunately, in my opinion (which is just as valid as yours is, btw), he was little more than a good looking guy who looked really hot in a pair of spandex, so once I became old enough to appreciate talent over beauty, I got over my thing for Jon, and started noticing bands who actually had something interesting to say.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #241 on: January 15, 2005, 07:32:03 PM »

Simple fact is me, D & PopMetal [As well as others. yes there are others on this board] like Bon Jovi for the music we happen to think it's pretty damn good we don't have our dicks up their arse we appreciate the music, talent and nothing else so go fuck yourselves!!!!!!!!  And as for the the survivor and the divide in the opinions i also love Pantera...more than Bon Jovi actually and Faith No More and no matter how scary that is for you 'stick to the not popular music people' it is fact who cares whether bands are popular or not it's all about the music and if you like it it's all well and good.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #242 on: January 15, 2005, 09:19:03 PM »

I love your posts, you are the most entertaining person on this board thus far.? ?

i cant argue with u there, we finally agree on something!  hihi hihi

see thats why i dig people like Stoned!!!

why do people think u cant dig different varieties of music?

I love GNR just as much as i do Bon Jovi, i love Prince as much as i do GNR and Bon Jovi.

I know GNR are more real than Bon Jovi but i can also respect and give props to bon jovi for not being posers.

u know what they didnt have a bad childhood, they've had a decent life and i am proud they dont pose it up and try to be something they arent.

its not their fault they didnt have a shitty life. i applaud that.

If i go to another band forum and they diss prince or GNR i defend the shit out of them just as hard and furious as i am defending bon jovi here.

i dont understand how u can love something and something be a huge part of u and u all of a sudden dismiss it.

i love Kiss i am a huge kiss fan, now i havent listen to them in probably 3 years but i still consider myself a fan

there are artists i like that have something to say and are relevant
but that doesnt mean i cant like other artists who are entertaining and fun

Kiss is fun so why cant u still like Kiss when u are in a mood to just relax and have fun

i dont understand that

every band or artist ive ever loved i will always love

i may not listen to them as often but i will never denounce them

i dont understand how u can do that.

i know Kiss arent as talented as say GNR but that doesnt mean i cant love and appreciate em both

u have to realize some bands arent tryin to save the world, they arent tryin to be the healers of the universe.

i have my bands for when i am down and need picked up

i have my bands i can relate to during various different moods.

i worry bout the vibe,the feeling i get inside, not how complex a lyric or a musical passage is.

in music sometimes less is actually more.

actually bon jovi's crush in 2000 sold 10 million copies worldwide

so they arent a huge sell in the US anymore, but worldwide they still sell very very well.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2005, 09:29:07 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #243 on: January 15, 2005, 09:54:14 PM »

i dont understand how u can love something and something be a huge part of u and u all of a sudden dismiss it.

i love Kiss i am a huge kiss fan, now i havent listen to them in probably 3 years but i still consider myself a fan

there are artists i like that have something to say and are relevant
but that doesnt mean i cant like other artists who are entertaining and fun

Kiss is fun so why cant u still like Kiss when u are in a mood to just relax and have fun

i dont understand that

I still like Kiss ok... there are still a few songs I'll listen to.? Basically, I was a fan of Kiss from about 1976 until about 1999 - and at that point it finally dawned on me that they are not about the music, they've never been about the music (with the exception of possibly Ace), and they'll never be about the music.? It took a long time for me to finally become terribly disillusioned, but, it finally happened, and I'm a better, if not slightly more jaded, person for it.

It has nothing to do with them not being cool, or them not being the hit that they once were, hell, I stood by them through their horrific unmasked years when so many of the fans left.

*shrug*? OH well.

And it's cool that you stand by and are loyal to the bands you love.? I'm the same way.? My hubby disses GNR all the time, so I live with it? pretty much 24 - 7.? Will I ever become disillusioned by my favorite band?? I don't know... possibly, but, it won't be because of anything anyone else has ever said or done... it will be because of something that I came to on my own.

But as much as you love Bon Jovi... there are those of us who think just as strongly that he is nothing but a big load of smelly headcheese.?

And as much right as you have to love him and sing his praises and dance around naked in the forest around a blazing fire in celebration of Bon Jovi, I have just as much right to say that your man Jon is about as musically blessed as my husband's colon. ok

PS:  I dig on Prince.  So, you do have some redeeming qualities. 
« Last Edit: January 15, 2005, 09:56:02 PM by Tied-Up » Logged
grendood
My favorite word is: Bellend
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #244 on: January 16, 2005, 05:16:01 AM »

bon jovi... a total joke, willl never be taken seriously thats just the way it is, their musical talents are hardly credible.

a great band for homosexuals and the girlies though... so Im guessing D fits into one of those categories?

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #245 on: January 16, 2005, 03:16:42 PM »

bon jovi... a total joke, willl never be taken seriously thats just the way it is, their musical talents are hardly credible.

a great band for homosexuals and the girlies though... so Im guessing D fits into one of those categories?

this is what happens when u have no intelligence.

posts like that only show the ignornace of you and the poor education and home training you received

you must love the internet! allows people like this to get away with shit like that!

journey
« Reply #246 on: January 16, 2005, 03:35:00 PM »

Bon Jovi is a great band, and I know lots of guys who love them. So,?lay off the low punches.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2005, 03:38:52 PM by journey » Logged
grendood
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #247 on: January 16, 2005, 03:42:45 PM »

calm down man, you can love any band you want!

however D's bon jovi fixation is quite scary, he's either a girl? a queer? or an obsessive deluded fan.

cheers.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #248 on: January 16, 2005, 03:56:28 PM »

grendood you need to quit throwing the word queer around.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #249 on: January 16, 2005, 04:06:22 PM »

however D's bon jovi fixation is quite scary, he's either a girl? a queer? or an obsessive deluded fan.

Don't get insulted, but is your job devoted to spreading ignorance?

-PEACE-

Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #250 on: January 16, 2005, 04:10:31 PM »

OK... I am willing to agree that bon jovi stinks of old smelly cheese.

But, I don't agree with the personal attack on D.  I don't think someone's musical preference defines their gender or sexual orientation.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #251 on: January 16, 2005, 04:17:10 PM »

funny part is i bet this dude doesnt even have a GF

im use to the he's gay comments from my years of loving Prince but u learn to avoid and ignore the close minded ignorance of people.

Im an open minded, well rounded comfortable with my masculinity guy who can watch chick flicks and then turn on Rambo.

I can listen to heavy hardcore shit and then listen to Prince

I can hold my girlfriend and shed a tear over my insecurities but also kick most people's asses.

so i have no patience or time for close minded people who are afraid to explore and believe in things, even when it goes against what everyone else believes is cool or macho or tough.

facts are these grendud, even if i were gay id still be cooler and more of a bad ass than u!

now go get a woman or something! find a role model or a hobby

by the way who is your fav band tough guy?

oh yeah spit out the obvious supposed cool bands such as all the dark metal dudes that are suppose to be so "cool!"
« Last Edit: January 16, 2005, 04:20:35 PM by D » Logged

grendood
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #252 on: January 16, 2005, 04:19:33 PM »

correct, however i would eat my left foot if D's computer is  currently NOT filled with half naked bon jovi pictures.

grendood
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #253 on: January 16, 2005, 04:26:47 PM »

calm down man, its only a bit of the old banter!

you really did not need to enlighten me about your life! as im sure you got a cool life man? never doubted it!
Jaded
Rocker

Going 'straight' will get you nowhere

« Reply #254 on: January 17, 2005, 04:24:21 PM »

1.living on a prayer
2.Keep The Faith
3.Someday Ill be Saturday Night *which is a new song that is awesome*
4.Always *new song that was their biggest selling single to date*
5.wanted dead or alive *their signature songs and one of the first that brought back the acoustic ballad that other bands had huge hits with in the late 80's

7.You Give Love a Bad Name *first number 1 single*

14 Runaway *the song that got Jon signed* first song from first album first top 40 hit

I know them ones... so i'll get it sometime
I only know "Runaway" because i was once watching a documentry on BJ

Thanks D

It's evolution, baby!
Jaded
Rocker

« Reply #255 on: February 14, 2005, 05:34:40 PM »

Hey D!!!! You never mentioed to me that BJ did I Don't Like Mondays with Bob Geldof on stage!!! I've just found it on the net!! You coulda mentioned it... look at my goddamn avatar!! Lol  Grin

It's evolution, baby!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #256 on: February 14, 2005, 05:53:50 PM »

Hey D!!!! You never mentioed to me that BJ did I Don't Like Mondays with Bob Geldof on stage!!! I've just found it on the net!! You coulda mentioned it... look at my goddamn avatar!! Lol? Grin

oh yeah, on their live cd "one wild night live" it has that song

what did u think of it?

Jaded
Rocker

« Reply #257 on: February 16, 2005, 03:06:08 PM »

Not bad... quite like it  Grin Might get the album sometime just for that song lol (or more likely a burned copy)

It's evolution, baby!
im rickjames bitch
« Reply #258 on: February 22, 2005, 10:35:12 PM »

do any other guys like bon jovi? or am i the only 1. i only have 1 bon jovi album (slippery when wet) i think these songs are catchy, john has awesome voice and samboro is a good guitarist. my friend likes bon jovi to but i dont know if any other guys like them.
BP
Rocker

Every time i think i'm out, they pull me back in

« Reply #259 on: February 22, 2005, 10:40:15 PM »

bon jovi is good

I like bon jovi

I must be the only one also.

Wow we now have 2. Please everybody come out of your closet since there are more fans now.
Jon play lots of instruments like the S Flute.

nice one buddy  Grin

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: