Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 08:34:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228561 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  the Bon Jovi thread
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the Bon Jovi thread  (Read 212437 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #220 on: January 07, 2005, 04:14:22 PM »

Bon Jovi to me are everything GN'R were against.

They're like a nice clean version of all the great bands that have existed.

I'm sure they have some talent, but it's just too "nice" to me. Bruce Springsteen is more rock n' rolll than Jon Bon Jovi.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
BP
Rocker

Every time i think i'm out, they pull me back in

« Reply #221 on: January 07, 2005, 04:30:22 PM »

Bon Jovi to me are everything GN'R were against.

They're like a nice clean version of all the great bands that have existed.

I'm sure they have some talent, but it's just too "nice" to me. Bruce Springsteen is more rock n' rolll than Jon Bon Jovi. ok

/jarmo

good move

I can contest to the Bruce vs Jon statement too!!!    I live in new jersey & when I go out to clubs & hit the music scene.... guess what?  It is Bruce who is out there sitting at the bar, having a beer, checking out the local talent. People in New Jersey respect that. It is Bruce that will go up on stage in a small club, spur of the moment & play with a noname band!!   I'm not a huge bruce fan, but he is a very much of a class act.

True - BP

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #222 on: January 08, 2005, 12:47:01 AM »

The Greatest Hits "Crossroads" is the way to go because u get the great songs on Slippery but its missing one on crossroads which is Never Say Goodbye which is one of the best heartbreak ballads not too many have ever heard.

the crossroads collection has

1.living on a prayer
2.Keep The Faith
3.Someday Ill be Saturday Night *which is a new song that is awesome*
4.Always *new song that was their biggest selling single to date*
5.wanted dead or alive *their signature songs and one of the first that brought back the acoustic ballad that other bands had huge hits with in the late 80's
6.Lay Your Hands On Me *top ten song from New Jersey, probably track for track their best album*
7.You Give Love a Bad Name *first number 1 single*
8.Bed Of Roses *song that saved the bands career from grunge, one of the most requested songs and videos*
9.Blaze Of Glory *number 1 song from Jon's solo blaze of glory young guns 2 soundtrack*
10.Prayer 94? *acoustic version of Livin on a prayer*
11.Bad Medicine *number 1 smash from New Jersey
12.Ill Be There For You *number 1 smash from New Jersey album
13.In and out of Love *song from 7800 farenheit, shows u how far they have came
14 Runaway *the song that got Jon signed* first song from first album first top 40 hit

New Jersey and These Days will really get u hooked if u buy these albums, Slippery is great also

go to www.BonJovi.com? and u can listen to songs from every album and make the decision yourself.

just go to the site and click on discography, select an album listen to the tracks

u will be hooked

Bon Jovi arent trying to be Bruce they arent trying to be dangerous

they are just themselves

they dont chase trends they dont do what they arent and they dont apologize for being the way they are

just cause they arent dangerous doesnt make them any less great than bands who had drug and alcohol problems

they are a great band that stick to what they love and what they know, the sing about it and they are very inspiring to people.

Jon didnt have a bad childhood, his life has been pretty good so he isnt gonna pretend he is some tortured something or the other just to be cool

he is who he is and thats great and fine with me!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2005, 12:49:31 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #223 on: January 08, 2005, 07:29:24 AM »

But they're as cheesy as an explosion in a cheddar factory.

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #224 on: January 08, 2005, 07:55:48 AM »

Best Album: These Days
Best Songs: Dry County, Born To Be My Baby, Hey God.
Also Check Out: Richie Sambora - Father Time

They have constantly put out album after album of great material, admittedly Bounce & This Left Feels Right are very medicore but you still have greats like These Days, Keep The Faith, New Jersey, Slippery When Wet etc.  The point is they are talented.  Fine they may not be your kind of thing but that doesn't make them poor or untalented.  What they do is good pop/rock songs they never tried to be metal or heavy rock, they are great at what they do 'tis simple.  Sambora is a great guitar player Jon a wonderful vocalist.  They may not be a 'badass' band and like D said they havent' done all the drugs stuff and had unhappy unbringings but so fuckin' what do they have to shoot up on heroin to gain credibility.  Also Jon Bon Jovi is responsible for bringing 2 of my favourite bands into the business Cinderella & Skid Row ok
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #225 on: January 08, 2005, 08:30:11 AM »

Also Jon Bon Jovi is responsible for bringing 2 of my favourite bands into the business Cinderella & Skid Row ok

Actually Desmond Child I beileve is responsible for this. We has also instrumental in writing a lot of songs for and with Bon Jovi.  He also wrote Kiss - I was Made for Loving You and Ricky Martin's  Livin La Vida Loca.  Child's name is Heavily on Skid Row's First album and the majority of Bon Jovi Releases.

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #226 on: January 08, 2005, 09:15:36 AM »

Bon Jovi are like the boy band of rock.

I agree 100% jovi is total joke..

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #227 on: January 08, 2005, 12:31:52 PM »

The Greatest Hits "Crossroads" is the way to go because u get the great songs on Slippery but its missing one on crossroads which is Never Say Goodbye which is one of the best heartbreak ballads not too many have ever heard.

the crossroads collection has

1.living on a prayer
2.Keep The Faith
3.Someday Ill be Saturday Night *which is a new song that is awesome*
4.Always *new song that was their biggest selling single to date*
5.wanted dead or alive *their signature songs and one of the first that brought back the acoustic ballad that other bands had huge hits with in the late 80's
6.Lay Your Hands On Me *top ten song from New Jersey, probably track for track their best album*
7.You Give Love a Bad Name *first number 1 single*
8.Bed Of Roses *song that saved the bands career from grunge, one of the most requested songs and videos*
9.Blaze Of Glory *number 1 song from Jon's solo blaze of glory young guns 2 soundtrack*
10.Prayer 94? *acoustic version of Livin on a prayer*
11.Bad Medicine *number 1 smash from New Jersey
12.Ill Be There For You *number 1 smash from New Jersey album
13.In and out of Love *song from 7800 farenheit, shows u how far they have came
14 Runaway *the song that got Jon signed* first song from first album first top 40 hit

New Jersey and These Days will really get u hooked if u buy these albums, Slippery is great also

go to www.BonJovi.com? and u can listen to songs from every album and make the decision yourself.

just go to the site and click on discography, select an album listen to the tracks

u will be hooked

Bon Jovi arent trying to be Bruce they arent trying to be dangerous

they are just themselves

they dont chase trends they dont do what they arent and they dont apologize for being the way they are

just cause they arent dangerous doesnt make them any less great than bands who had drug and alcohol problems

they are a great band that stick to what they love and what they know, the sing about it and they are very inspiring to people.

Jon didnt have a bad childhood, his life has been pretty good so he isnt gonna pretend he is some tortured something or the other just to be cool

he is who he is and thats great and fine with me!
rofl

This post sounds like a fucking commercial.  You only forgot to include your toll free number, the "operators are standing by" bit and of course, the ever popular sales pitch:  "But wait... there's more!  If you order within the next 10 minutes, you'll also get as our free gift to you, this versatile polymer pouch!  You can use it to carry your soon to be cherished Bon Jovi collection, or if you get really sick of listening to him, it doubles as a barf bag!"
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #228 on: January 08, 2005, 12:35:24 PM »

They are the most pop friendly, uninspiring, sickening sugery, politically idiotic band I have ever heard. Can you believe they were characterized as metal at one time? If Jon had been an ugly dude the band would have never made it on the music.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #229 on: January 08, 2005, 12:51:17 PM »

Also Jon Bon Jovi is responsible for bringing 2 of my favourite bands into the business Cinderella & Skid Row ok

Actually Desmond Child I beileve is responsible for this.
Jon Bon Jovi was childhood friends w/ Snake in Skid Row and they said whoever made it first would help get the other a deal, Jon made it first and it was because of his help Skid Row got a deal as for Cinderella, Jon spotted them in a club and recommended them, they got signed.
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #230 on: January 08, 2005, 08:45:53 PM »

Ok I stand corrected - I guess Bon Jovi brought Skid Row to Child

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #231 on: January 09, 2005, 09:04:41 PM »

Actually Desmond Child I beileve is responsible for this. We has also instrumental in writing a lot of songs for and with Bon Jovi.? He also wrote Kiss - I was Made for Loving You and Ricky Martin's? Livin La Vida Loca.? Child's name is Heavily on Skid Row's First album and the majority of Bon Jovi Releases.

Wasn't Roby Rosa who wrote Living la vida loca for Ricky Martin?  Huh, Wait a minute Who cares?  hihi

No man can be my equal
grendood
My favorite word is: Bellend
Banned
Rocker

caught on film.

« Reply #232 on: January 15, 2005, 11:36:05 AM »

i read someones post saying bon jovi is lyrically better than any other band or artist, LOL.. i respect opinions but surely this opinion cant be credited, will bon jovi ever write The Wall or Darkside of the moon? revolver or sgt peppers? NO never. I cant believe somone can have such a fixation for a band with so little depth, dont get me wrong id like to think of bon jovi as a surface band.. because they can produce a few good catchy songs, a la "livin on a prayer"  keep in mind i said "a few!", but i find it hard how they can be taken seriously? obviously the person so obssessed with them only cares for album sales, and image, pretty boys that look pretty good on mtv with soppy videos, dont make a band a great. if you want real american rock n roll go listen to the velvet underground.

nice one, cheers.
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #233 on: January 15, 2005, 12:30:38 PM »

i read someones post saying bon jovi is lyrically better than any other band or artist, LOL.. i respect opinions but surely this opinion cant be credited, will bon jovi ever write The Wall or Darkside of the moon? revolver or sgt peppers? NO never. I cant believe somone can have such a fixation for a band with so little depth, dont get me wrong id like to think of bon jovi as a surface band.. because they can produce a few good catchy songs, a la "livin on a prayer"? keep in mind i said "a few!", but i find it hard how they can be taken seriously? obviously the person so obssessed with them only cares for album sales, and image, pretty boys that look pretty good on mtv with soppy videos, dont make a band a great. if you want real american rock n roll go listen to the velvet underground.

nice one, cheers.
I'm inclined to agree with the grendood...

Listen, I have nothing really AGAINST bon jovi, I actually bought slippery when wet when it came out, and I went to the show, as I think I've mentioned in a previous post somewhere. 

But, they aren't a great band...  they aren't even very good.  D said he doesn't understand the whole "good looks" arguement, saying that's the only reason why bon jovi made it... I'm here to tell you, that is why slippery when wet hit big.  I was there, I remember well.  I went to the show, I was NOT surrounded by the typical rockers that I would be surrounded by at a judas priest or dio or ozzy concert... I was surrounded by a bunch of teen - age girls with their hair aquanetted to the sky, wearing mini skirts and screaming because jon bon jovi was on stage, not because his music was any good, but because their teen idol was up there.

Their lyrics are interchangable... meaning, you can take one set of lyrics and replace them with another set of lyrics, and basically they're saying the same thing.  He isn't saying anything meaningful or relevant.    Show me a "welcome to the jungle" among the bon jovi crap.  You can't find it.  Welcome to the Jungle was meaningful and relevant.  It was real.  You can't say the same thing about "you give love a bad name."

D... you really NEED to quit trying to force bon jovi down our collective throats.  You are just bittering the already obnoxiously bad taste in our mouths.  You said once that you want "respect" for bon jovi, well... you aren't going to get it by trying to convince us that his crap is anything more than what it is... crap.  You can dress shit up any way you want, it doesn't disguise the smell of it.

If you want to praise bon jovi, I'm sure that there are plenty of bon jovi discussion boards that would welcome the opportunity to herald the praises.  This is a GNR discussion board, most of us (note:  I said most) - have some taste, as we happen to like GnR.  So, while you may get some people here that like bon jovi, you aren't going to get an overwhelming majority, because for those of us with taste... we can detect the flavor of cheese.

D... I like your input on this board, and I happen to agree with some of the things you say, and hey, you are willing to admit that Brad Pitt is attractive, so you're not all bad... but too much cheese can result in a yeast infection - know what I'm saying?
Axls welsh babe
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #234 on: January 15, 2005, 02:25:10 PM »

Well we all have different tastes!

I happen to think Bon Jovi Rock!!!!! Grin
I have been a fan of them for 20 years and before you all tell me to piss off to a Bon Jovi message forum, i do go there, but i also like GNR so i come here too and i like a lot of other bands! There also a lot of bands i can't stand who i think are really crap!

and btw...Brad Pitt...he looks like a hampster...yuk!

Take me to the Jungle!
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #235 on: January 15, 2005, 02:34:50 PM »

Like I said,  Bon Jovi are the boy band of rock and they always will be.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Axls welsh babe
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #236 on: January 15, 2005, 02:41:49 PM »

Like I said,? Bon Jovi are the boy band of rock and they always will be.

rant

Take me to the Jungle!
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #237 on: January 15, 2005, 04:42:54 PM »

should he have said the girl band of rock?

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #238 on: January 15, 2005, 04:53:53 PM »

Like I said,  Bon Jovi are the boy band of rock and they always will be.

I thought that was the beatles?or Good charlotte?

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #239 on: January 15, 2005, 06:23:40 PM »

actually this isnt GNR this is bad obsession for all other music.

facts are some bon jovi songs are just as important and relevant to millions of people worldwide

just cause they arent important to u doesnt mean they arent important.

i bet there are millions all over the world who relate to "livin on a prayer" over welcome to the Jungle.

when u want to get technical about it.

besides if all u have ever checked out by bon jovi is Slippery when wet that makes u no way qualified to have a discussion about the band.

were some songs on SWW cheesy? probably, Bad Name is a fun rock song, isnt tryin to change the world not meant to be some earth shattering world movement anthem.

it would be like me coming on here and trashing black sabbath or pantera or the beatles, i wouldnt do it cause i dont know shit about those bands.

your comments are as obtuse as if i came on here saying Judas Priest were devil worshippers and ozzy caused people to kill themselves and Kiss stood for knights in satans service

when u are misinformed u spit out half truths and snippets of things u have heard.

If i dont know anything about a band, i dont comment on it.

If u have heard one bon jovi album or just a handful of their hits, u have no right talkin shit about them.

Dont ever say i should find another forum or this and that.

people on this board know i speak what i feel

ive never cared if people like me, agree with me or hate it, i dont care

my opinions are mine and when i feel people are disrespecting something i love and am close too, i will defend it till the end.

I could care less if im the most uncool person on earth or on this board

but i will stand up for what i believe and love, no matter how many people disagree or bash me over it.

i know they are a life changing band for me *like GNR, like Prince* and i will take on any naysayers who talk bullshit and ridiculous shit about them.

Jon Bon Jovi is good looking lets buy his cd even though it sucks and he has no talent.

that is ridiculous and the most absurd shit ive ever heard.

u dont sell 100,000,000 records just cause u are good looking

it may be a novelty and allow u to have a couple hit albums but if u dont have talent and arent great, no one is gonna keep buyin your shit.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: