Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 10:11:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228562 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  the Bon Jovi thread
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the Bon Jovi thread  (Read 212454 times)
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #200 on: November 08, 2004, 12:35:53 AM »

Just looking at the Box Set tracklisting, Starting All Over Again is probably THE best unreleased Bon Jovi track, it's on the Australian version of Keep The Faith and is probably my favourite Bon Jovi song too.

Good to hear of a new guitar-rockin' Bon Jovi album coming too. ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
badapple81
« Reply #201 on: November 08, 2004, 12:40:20 AM »

Just looking at the Box Set tracklisting, Starting All Over Again is probably THE best unreleased Bon Jovi track, it's on the Australian version of Keep The Faith and is probably my favourite Bon Jovi song too.

Good to hear of a new guitar-rockin' Bon Jovi album coming too. ok

Starting All Over Again is a great rocker. Cant believe it wasnt on the Keep The Faith track list outside Australia!
Jaded
Rocker

Going 'straight' will get you nowhere

« Reply #202 on: November 08, 2004, 03:24:39 PM »

Blonde moment for Gunner Down Under? hihi

we all have them!

It's evolution, baby!
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #203 on: November 14, 2004, 05:48:40 PM »

Target 29.98

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #204 on: November 14, 2004, 05:50:30 PM »

Target 29.98

SHIT!!!!!!!! i knew i shouldve waited! i ordered it off amazon.com for 47 dollars!!! arghhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #205 on: November 14, 2004, 06:06:42 PM »

Target 29.98

Son of a bitch ,should have waited instead of ordering from amazon oh well.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #206 on: November 18, 2004, 11:09:09 PM »

anyone else got this yet? i got mine in the mail today, i listened to the first disc, im gonna listen to all the discs a few times over before i form any opinions, its cool hearin the unreleased stuff, some songs are good, some u can understand why they were shelved, im about to watch the dvd that came with it, an hour of behind the scenes footage, should be awesome

anyone else bought this yet?

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #207 on: November 21, 2004, 09:15:24 PM »

If the Mail man doesns't bring me this tomorow,I think I'll have to hurt him.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #208 on: November 21, 2004, 10:28:26 PM »

there are 50 songs so i havent got a chance to listen to all of em, but give each song a few listens, remember these are unreleased songs that didnt make the albums but dude there are some kick ass songs that i think couldve been hits back in the day

stand out tracks so far

why arent u dead
the radio saved my life tonight
open all night
these arms are open all night
i get a rush
garage land
startingall overagain   *i think jack black ripped this riff off for that school of rock song*
maybe someday
the fire inside
edge of a broken heart
onlyin my dreams sung by tico torres he sounds like louis armstrong its awesome
lonely at the top inspired by kurt cobains suicide
love aint nothing but a 4 letter word

and the greatest song so far and it is so awesome, it didnt make Keep the Faith because it was way too personal for Jon that he wrote when the band was about to break up and wait till u fuckin hear this, listen to this right away

Miss Fourth of July,  dude this so is so awesome gives me chillbumps.

theres no way Bsides and unreleased songs should be this good which only shows how great bon jovi really are

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #209 on: January 07, 2005, 01:22:17 AM »

For captain oblivious  cause he is oblivious to why bon jovi were better than poison

If Bon Jovi were no better than Poison, why did Bon jovi survive and thrive during the grunge era and Poison are playing flea markets?  More than just a marketing team.

Jon is a musician for those who try to joke

besides singing he is an excellent rhythm guitarist a good pianist and can play bass and percussion

he has wrote or cowrote every song in the bon jovi catalog and wrote wild in the streets,living in sin,Blaze of Glory,Bed of Roses,Always and Thank You For Loving Me by himself.

He is a master performer who holds the crowd in the palm of his hand, he is an entertaining showman and is an amazing live vocalist.

He still has the looks and the songwriting ability to keep Bon Jovi a platinum act until he chooses to quit

They still sell out stadiums worldwide, stadiums in the United States

They just released a boxset that contained 38 unheard songs in which 15 of them were good enough to make records but they were so prolific those songs ended up in the vaults.

they have sold over 100,000,000 records *pretty good marketing team at work huh captain oblivious* Roll Eyes have played in over 48 countries and are still going strong as ever

their new album comes out in the spring and they will began another tour.

I Know some of u will talk trash but they are one of the greatest bands ever and Jon Bon jovi is one of the greatest frontmen ever.

I will try not to say my taste is better than your taste but when i say stuffa bout bon jovi and Jon i give facts

im still waiting on some hard core meaty facts on why some of u believe the way u do. I still havent gotten any no

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #210 on: January 07, 2005, 01:54:15 AM »

but when i say stuffa bout bon jovi and Jon i give facts

D-

I am with you 100% on Bon Jovi and how awesome a band they are. People always slag them, but when you look at all they have accomplished and their continued popularity their resume surpasses just about every band out there short of the Beattles in terms of tour attendance, record sales, and all of the measurables. If they were just a faddy hair band they wouldn't still be selling out stadiums and releasing platinum albums. Anyone who doubts them as a band should go see them live and they will understand what you're talking about. I frankly think the most amazing thing about them is they are about the only band to come out of that era that looks better now than they did then, and that is saying something when you look at the shape all of the other 40 something bands are in out there. I am so looking forward to the new album as they said it will be a return to their roots with more guitars and an 80's feel.
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #211 on: January 07, 2005, 02:08:51 AM »

Thank You For Loving Me

rofl How fucking cheesy can you get?? I wonder when Bongiovi and Michael Bolton will collaborate Shocked

im still waiting on some hard core meaty facts on why some of u believe the way u do. I still havent gotten any no

And the facts you gave were mostly album sales. Hooray, there are lots dunces who go out and buy this simple pop music. peace The FACT is, Bon Jovi is not credible. He is, as a matter of FACT, sort of a joke. You, however, do not see this, because for one reason or another you are a fan. The FACT is, there is a bulk of intelligent and musically knowledgeable people who all think Bon Jovi is nothing but commercial pop crap. Which would make us conclude that Bongiovi is most definitely not the greatest frontman of all time. QED.

(edit: don't get too caught up on the commercial aspect, Queen e.g. were very commercial/popular, but they also had tons of integrity)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2005, 02:13:48 AM by Skeletor » Logged

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
campos
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #212 on: January 07, 2005, 07:36:21 AM »

Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #213 on: January 07, 2005, 08:37:46 AM »

(edit: don't get too caught up on the commercial aspect, Queen e.g. were very commercial/popular, but they also had tons of integrity)

Exactly Queen is so fucking Good and had the best front man ever with a lot of platinum records that still are selling ok  Tongue

No man can be my equal
kj_jive
Got troll dolls?
VIP

Found a head and an arm in the garbage can

« Reply #214 on: January 07, 2005, 12:02:23 PM »

I will try not to say my taste is better than your taste but when i say stuffa bout bon jovi and Jon i give facts

For captain oblivious? cause he is oblivious to why bon jovi were better than poison

Jon is a musician for those who try to joke

besides singing he is an excellent rhythm guitarist a good pianist and can play bass and percussion

He is a master performer who holds the crowd in the palm of his hand, he is an entertaining showman and is an amazing live vocalist.

He still has the looks and the songwriting ability to keep Bon Jovi a platinum act until he chooses to quit

They just released a boxset that contained 38 unheard songs in which 15 of them were good enough to make records but they were so prolific those songs ended up in the vaults.

I Know some of u will talk trash but they are one of the greatest bands ever and Jon Bon jovi is one of the greatest frontmen ever.

These are not facts, these are opinions.  Music is not about facts anyway, it's an art and art can never be reduced to facts or any other sort of measuring device.  It's all about the ability to appreciate what is good and what you like.  Bon Jovi just does not have too much substance, their music is cheesy.  I know that is simply my opinion but its not too hard to differenciate between good and bad bands when you know a thing or two about good music.

"This board isn't supposed to be a fucking smiley festival"-Jarmo 3-19-03
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #215 on: January 07, 2005, 12:24:38 PM »

Bon Jovi were once a faily good band, cheesy as hell, but alot of fun - the last ten years - perhaps even longer, they have been horrendous - there latest stuff is just rubbish.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #216 on: January 07, 2005, 12:42:04 PM »

Nice pic! But what does it have to do with this thread? I don't think such a work-of-art uber-masterpiece should be linked with a Bon Jovi thread at all,

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #217 on: January 07, 2005, 01:12:29 PM »

Nice pic! But what does it have to do with this thread? I don't think such a work-of-art uber-masterpiece should be linked with a Bon Jovi thread at all,

I guess What campos is trying to say is That for him the best frontman are between these two fellas, if that's not the reason I don' t  know anything  Undecided, I'll have to say that Axl will win that combat  peace

No man can be my equal
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #218 on: January 07, 2005, 02:04:23 PM »

Ahh..........NO!  Bon Jovi are like the boy band of rock.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Jaded
Rocker

Going 'straight' will get you nowhere

« Reply #219 on: January 07, 2005, 03:49:45 PM »

I like Bon Jovi... i don't have any of their albums but i really like the hits i know:

YGLABN
LOAP
Always
Someday i'll be Saturday Night
It's My Life
Dead or Alive....
i'm sure i knew 8... damn it my mind's blank

a question for D... i really like 'Livin' on a Prayer' n 'You Give Love a Bad Name' but should i get their greatest hits or 'Slippery...' Huh??

It's evolution, baby!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: