Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 10:47:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228563 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  the Bon Jovi thread
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the Bon Jovi thread  (Read 212475 times)
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #180 on: October 04, 2004, 04:33:58 PM »

Ask D,he's the official Bon Jovi expert of this message board

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #181 on: October 07, 2004, 02:03:59 PM »

its never been officially released

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #182 on: October 25, 2004, 08:53:43 PM »

New Bon Jovi Studio Album, Tour Due

A new Bon Jovi album due in the spring will be a "loud guitar, big rock record," says Jon Bon Jovi. "We're very excited about it, and I'm very confident it's going to be a big record for us."

The bandleader made the comments during an interview for a spotlight feature in the Nov. 20 issue of Billboard, which will hit newsstands Nov. 13.

Guitarist Richie Sambora says the band will launch a world tour in the late spring to support the album, dates for which have not yet been announced.

"I think we stumbled upon something again on this particular record, kind of like what happened with 'It's My Life,'" Sambora says. "When [that] came out, it seemed to give Bon Jovi a whole new audience. We've always had a vast audience base, but with this new record, what I'm feeling [is] it's kind of a new direction. It sounds very fresh, yet it sounds like us."

The band worked with producer John Shanks (Michelle Branch, Melissa Etheridge), who also co-wrote tracks with Jon Bon Jovi and Sambora. The album was recorded late this summer.

Jon Bon Jovi notes changes in the climate of the country, and the state of the music business, influenced the songwriting on the new album.

The songs reflect "personal and introspective views on issues I may have had growing up that I certainly would have never discussed publicly before. I've always kept this 'chin up, glass is half-full' kind of optimism, and [now] I showed some chinks in the armor."

The song "Last Man Standing" depicts the band leader's unhappiness with the music industry. He says it reflects his "disgust of the music business in general, and its lack of true vision when it comes to supporting the artistry of developing a song, the songwriter and the bands on the road."

"Instead of creating what Andy Warhol once called '15 minutes of fame,' I think it's down to just three minutes and 30 seconds," he says. "I don't know how this industry is ever going to have another Bob Dylan when it's all about the single, [not] the album and the vision and that inspiration. [It's] all for the sake of a 99-cent download so they can sell bulk and make their bonuses. It's heartbreaking."

Eric Wong, senior director of marketing at Island Records, notes: "[As] with every Bon Jovi release, it's going to get the [label's] full-on attention."

As previously reported,a four-CD/one-DVD box set, "100,000,000 Bon Jovi Fans Can't Be Wrong," will be released Nov. 16 via Island.

In conjunction with its release, the band will stage a Nov. 21 concert at the Borgata in Atlantic City, N.J. The show will be the basis of the premiere episode of "INHD's Center Stage," which will be broadcast live on the high-definition cable network INHD and its spinoff INHD2. It will also be cybercast on Samsung Electronics America's Web site.

Bon Jovi is also confirmed to make a Nov. 23 appearance on NBC's "Today" morning show.

From billboard.com........ Let's hope it's better than "Bounce"!!   ok
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #183 on: October 25, 2004, 09:01:49 PM »

HELL FUCKIN YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I am so excited, i may get Chinese Democracy and a brand new bon jovi album close to the same time! thats unbelievable! too good to be true!

IM sure the album will kick so much fuckin ass! They got complacent on Bounce but they will do something amazing here! oh yeah!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #184 on: October 25, 2004, 09:08:05 PM »

Oh Fuck  Yes.

I box set coming within a month and then a couple of months later , A new Album oh shit I can't wait  Grin Atleast If Cd doesn't come out in the spring this will come out a tide my ass over for atlest another year . damn I 'm rambling on thats how excited I am .

new Jovi album  drool

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
badapple81
« Reply #185 on: October 27, 2004, 01:54:18 AM »

Great news!!!

After being totally missed out on the Crush Tour.. making me sit through a day of shit like Pink to watch them headline a POP MUSIC festival for a 45 min set on the Bounce promotions, maybe they'll actually do some proper dates here in Australia this time round.

They did say Bounce was going to be a big loud rock record but it didn't do too well.. can't wait to hear the new album! I wasn't sure whether they would do anymore studio albums after the box set!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #186 on: October 27, 2004, 02:04:59 AM »

the only  reason  the "bounce" cd didnt sell as well is because they simply released the wrong singles.

Had they cashed in on 9/11 and released "Undivided" followed that up with Bounce and then came with the best ballad on the cd "you had me from hello" it wouldve been a mulit platinum success.

however they released the wrong singles!

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #187 on: October 27, 2004, 02:07:55 AM »

the only  reason  the "bounce" cd didnt sell as well is because they simply released the wrong singles.

Had they cashed in on 9/11 and released "Undivided" followed that up with Bounce and then came with the best ballad on the cd "you had me from hello" it wouldve been a mulit platinum success.

however they released the wrong singles!

D I agree with you on this ,though the singles they did release were still damn good. beer

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
badapple81
« Reply #188 on: October 27, 2004, 02:49:06 AM »

Undivided was definately single worthy.. not sure about Had Me From Hello tho..

Hope the next record goes back to something like the Keep The Faith album.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #189 on: October 27, 2004, 03:38:22 PM »

Cool news about the album. "loud guitar, big rock record"  Smiley

I'm definetely not gonna miss this tour. If they don't come to Birmingham, hopefully Atlanta or Nashville.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #190 on: October 27, 2004, 03:44:38 PM »

I open teh thread and see someone use an axl quote to why they don't like bj..It's amazing how many people have their musical taste influenced by someone else..Try using the lump on your neck and make your own choices..

I've always liked bon jovi, they were killer though the 80's.. I enjoyed the concert ehy recently did at the meadowlands..

There are so many haters yet they get pissed if you say one negative thing about axl..
MadmanDan
Legend

« Reply #191 on: October 27, 2004, 04:43:58 PM »

I  i may get Chinese Democracy and a brand new bon jovi album close to the same time!

Nah,the Bon Jovi album will probably get delayed Smiley

badapple81
« Reply #192 on: October 27, 2004, 07:20:56 PM »

I? i may get Chinese Democracy and a brand new bon jovi album close to the same time!

Yes but we are Guns N' Roses fans.. Guns N' Roses have redefined the word 'delayed'. 'Delayed' for us is several years now!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #193 on: November 04, 2004, 04:14:41 AM »

BON JOVI TO BE HONORED ON AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS
(Monday, November 1, 2004)

Dick Clark and the American Music Awards announced it this morning...(this was the 'yet-unaccounced' TV appearance we'd hinted at last week. Here's the full info:

BON JOVI NAMED WINNER OF "AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS" AWARD OF MERIT

Following in the footsteps of other luminary figures in the music world, Bon Jovi has been named the 31st winner of the "American Music Awards" special "Award of Merit." Tribute will be paid to Bon Jovi on the 32nd annual "American Music Awards" telecast, which airs live on ABC Television, Sunday, November 14 from the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles, and the band will also perform on the show.

The "Award of Merit" is presented to a member of the musical community in recognition of "outstanding contributions to the musical entertainment of the American public." The inscription on the trophy will read: "For being the embodiment of rock music for the last 20 years, for inspiring countless musicians to follow in their footsteps and for elevating all of us with their musicianship and artistry ... this year's 'Award of Merit' is presented to Bon Jovi, November 14, 2004."

In the pantheon of the world's greatest rock bands, Bon Jovi's accomplishments over the past 20 years place them among the elite in their genre. Hard-working musicians and prolific songwriters, Bon Jovi's music has won them a loyal global audience. Since 1984, sales of Bon Jovi albums (plus Jon Bon Jovi solo records) have racked up total sales topping the 100 million milestone, and they have performed more than 2500 concerts in 50 countries before more than 32 million fans. Bon Jovi are the people's band everywhere. As the title of their groundbreaking "think outside the box" set (to be released on Island Records November 16) proudly states, 100,000,000 Bon Jovi Fans Can't Be Wrong... (for further information on the group, access www.bonjovi.com)

Previous winners of the "Award of Merit" are Bing Crosby, Berry Gordy, Jr., Irving Berlin, Johnny Cash, Ella Fitzgerald, Perry Como, Benny Goodman, Chuck Berry, Stevie Wonder , Kenny Rogers, Michael Jackson, Loretta Lynn, Paul McCartney, Elvis Presley, The Beach Boys, Willie Nelson, Neil Diamond, Merle Haggard, James Brown, rock promoter Bill Graham, Whitney Houston , Prince, Tammy Wynette, Little Richard, Frank Sinatra, Billy Joel, Gloria Estefan, Janet Jackson, Garth Brooks and Alabama.

In addition to the "Award of Merit," 19 other awards will be handed out on the special, acknowledging the American record-buying public's favorites in the areas of Pop/Rock, Country, Soul/Rhythm & Blues, Adult Contemporary, Rap/Hip-Hop, Latin Music, Contemporary Inspirational and Alternative Music. The television special, which will be hosted by Jimmy Kimmel, is a dick clark productions, inc. presentation.

Jaded
Rocker

Going 'straight' will get you nowhere

« Reply #194 on: November 07, 2004, 04:43:25 PM »

I? i may get Chinese Democracy and a brand new bon jovi album close to the same time!

Yes but we are Guns N' Roses fans.. Guns N' Roses have redefined the word 'delayed'. 'Delayed' for us is several years now!

i believe he was taking the wazz

It's evolution, baby!
MadmanDan
Legend

« Reply #195 on: November 07, 2004, 05:09:19 PM »

I don't know what "taking the wazz" means,but it seems you got my joke  Grin

Jaded
Rocker

Going 'straight' will get you nowhere

« Reply #196 on: November 07, 2004, 05:15:23 PM »

I don't know what "taking the wazz" means,but it seems you got my joke? Grin

wazz means piss n taking the piss means taking the mick

i can't think of another way of putting it really

It's evolution, baby!
badapple81
« Reply #197 on: November 07, 2004, 05:26:31 PM »

Blonde moment for Gunner Down Under  hihi
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #198 on: November 07, 2004, 07:45:06 PM »

I?m not a huge Bon Jovi fan but they do have some cool songs. Taling about cool songs, does anyone here knows their "Real Life" song(I guess that?s the name)? is that a soundtrack for which movie? I?m trying download it but there?s no sign of it.

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #199 on: November 07, 2004, 08:18:46 PM »

Real life appears on the soundtrack for the movie "EdTv" it is also available on their new boxset coming out Nov 16th.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: