Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 01:23:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228564 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  the Bon Jovi thread
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the Bon Jovi thread  (Read 212549 times)
jet
« Reply #140 on: January 21, 2004, 06:35:54 AM »

Are you talking about the 4 hours acoustic concert?
winter_rose
Staremaster
Headliner

You?re one in a million

« Reply #141 on: January 21, 2004, 07:27:19 AM »

I just pray they bring out the hyde park concert on DVD, I was the there and it was something special

I was there as well and it was the best concert that i have ever been to but then saying that i have never been to a GN'R concert.
Jon Bon Jovi's solo albulms also rock, especially Blaze of Glory (the soundtrack to Young Guns) with BoG being one of my all time favourite songs.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2004, 07:28:07 AM by winter_rose » Logged

I got a thought that would be nice
I like to crush your head tight in my vice - PAIN!!!!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #142 on: January 21, 2004, 05:16:20 PM »

blaze of glory has s0 many memorable songs

santa fe is one of the most touchning emotional songs, as well as dyin aint much of a livin, bang a drum, justice in the barrel, never say die that whole album is amazing

destination anywhere is a wonderful introspective change from normal bon jovi

every track is great but he left off one of the best "cold hard heart" put that in place of "naked" that cd is close to perfect

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
winter_rose
Staremaster
Headliner

You?re one in a million

« Reply #143 on: January 22, 2004, 08:17:33 AM »

I agree with you, Santa Fe is possibly his best song, i can't believe i forgot to mention it.
Destination Anywhere took me a while to get into as it is not along the normal Bon Jovi lines but i now love it.

Have any of you seen any of his films, admittedly some of them are really shit i.e. row your boat and Vampires really would have been shit without him but i think he definately has a talent. His cameo in Young Guns is pure genius!!!!!!!!!!!

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #144 on: January 22, 2004, 09:23:31 AM »

I agree with you, Santa Fe is possibly his best song, i can't believe i forgot to mention it.
Destination Anywhere took me a while to get into as it is not along the normal Bon Jovi lines but i now love it.

Have any of you seen any of his films, admittedly some of them are really shit i.e. row your boat and Vampires really would have been shit without him but i think he definately has a talent. His cameo in Young Guns is pure genius!!!!!!!!!!!

ive seen most of his movies

"no looking back" is amazing, great storyline i could really relate to it, jon does an excellent job

u-571 was his big budget flick did a nice supporting role he gets his head chopped off

the leading man is a decent movie

pay it forward he is an alcoholic father, small role but he is great in it

moonlight in valentino he is excellent

homegrown he is great

on a fan site someone asked him if they could have their 20 bucks they shelled out on the piece of shit vampire movie

he said he wishes he could sue for the time he wasted back, he agreed it was shit surprisingly he got good reviews for being the onlypositive in the movie

im sorta scatterbrained right now, if i can think of anymore ill post, he has a new one comin out in 2005 called one wild night bout swinging couples he is in it

winter_rose
Staremaster
Headliner

You?re one in a million

« Reply #145 on: January 23, 2004, 05:50:30 AM »

Looking Back i thought was alright - nothing special but i have an issue with the fact that she chose Ed Burns over Jon Bon which is a crime!

I loved the leading man and Pay It Foward makes me cry for ages but i was a bit upset that it his part was only small especially as i had soent twenty quid on the dvd.

I really enjoyed Little City and i thought U-571 was brilliant even though it took me ages to realise that he was actually dead because it happened so quickly.

I haven't seen Homegrown but i got into Ally McBeal just so i could watch him and i didn't think he was bad.

He is also in a film called Living a lie which is due for release this year. It is a thriller and is a modern retelling of the boy who cried wolf.

jet
« Reply #146 on: January 23, 2004, 11:49:54 AM »

Yeah, he's one of the famous music men who are also good in cinema.
But he's kinda disappointed of his every role (maybe not every one). Like the movie seems great to him and his role too but in the end it finds out to be not that great.
 Well I agree with him only in "Vampires II". He plays the leading role but all the great things are done by other characters. His slayer is cool but is rescued all the time by someone else.
All the rest is great. "Moonlight..." and "U-571" are genious! But I watched Guns only once and didn't noticed Jon in there. Shame on me!
winter_rose
Staremaster
Headliner

You?re one in a million

« Reply #147 on: January 24, 2004, 08:59:49 AM »

But I watched Guns only once and didn't noticed Jon in there. Shame on me!

It is possibly the smallest cameo role ever. He plays one of the inmates in the pit in Lincoln County. Billy the Kid and gang come dressed as the "mob" to save Doc and Chavez who are in the pit. After lots of shooting etc etc the inmates get out of the pit one of which is Jon. He picks up a gun and is going to shoot one of guards but amongst the confusion he gets shot and falls back into the pit. You can tell its him from the fluffy poodle perm and gleaming white teeth.

That is one of the very sad fact that i know about Jon Bon Jovi, and it just so happens that Young Guns is one of my favourite films hence i know so much!!!

Borat
VIP

Jagshemash!

« Reply #148 on: February 17, 2004, 05:44:25 PM »

Any of you folks that went to the Hyde Park gig may wish to know that there is footage of it on the bonus dvd of the 'this left feels right' concert dvd that has just been released, my first chance to see the enormity of it.....thats alot of people-im in there somewhere!

My wife she is dead?she die in the field?she die from work, an accident, but is not important, I have a new wife.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #149 on: February 17, 2004, 07:33:00 PM »

i bought it last tuesday the hyde park footage is awesome and yes dude i saw u! lmmfao! hihi

Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #150 on: June 26, 2004, 12:18:02 PM »

I recently got the Young Guns II soundtrack and I find it very very good.

Of course the SMASH hit "Blaze of Glory" is great, but one song on there that I think is the best song he's ever written by himself would have to be "Santa Fe" I love that song very much. It is an Orchestral Ballad but it is very good. I love the violins. Also "Dyin' Ain't Much of a Livin'" is awesome. Elton John on Piano!!

Get the YG II soundtrack it's great.

Destination Anywhere? does anyone have it or know if it is good or not? I've never heard it yet... it hasn't drawn me to buying it yet....

HELP especially you D!!!!!

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #151 on: June 26, 2004, 12:38:41 PM »

I have only heard his Young Guns 2 work as a solo artist and listening to it now i think it's kinda lame, the lyrics are poor aside from 'Blaze of Glory' there is nothing special.  As for Destination Anywhere? haven't heard so i can't comment after his YG2 work i did not rush to get it.  What i do recommend though is Richie Sambora's Stranger In This Town album that is great.  The track Father Time is truly amazing ok
jet
« Reply #152 on: June 26, 2004, 01:58:39 PM »

Destination Anywhere? does anyone have it or know if it is good or not? I've never heard it yet... it hasn't drawn me to buying it yet....

i have Destination Anywhere from '97. Well, it's not bad i have to say but i really don't listen to it so often. Even seldom.
WEell, i guess I'll be punished but here you go. it's for free.
http://mp3.alkar.net/browse/165/4644.html
Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #153 on: June 26, 2004, 02:55:53 PM »

I was at Hyde Park - gold standing. Was great - im not a massive Bon Jovi fan, ive got Slippery When Wet and like quite a few of his other songs. Ill buy the Hyde Park DVD if it comes out - i think there is some songs from the gig on the TLFR DVD.

Riot In Everyone!
badapple81
« Reply #154 on: June 27, 2004, 01:57:46 AM »

Bon Jovi are my 2nd fave band ive grown up with, behind GN'R - a few years ago Bon Jovi even almost took over as #1.

Fave album probably New Jersey

Least fave post Slippery When Wet.. This Left Feels Right.. very disappointing Sad
winter_rose
Staremaster
Headliner

You?re one in a million

« Reply #155 on: June 27, 2004, 08:03:54 AM »

Destination Anywhere is a good album but is very different from Bon Jovi and can take a while to get into.

It was released in 1997 and spawned the singles Midnight in Chlesea and Queen of New Orleans but i don't think it set the charts a light.

There is also a film of the same name that accompanies the album starring Whoopi Goldberg, Demi Moore, Kevin Bacon and Jon himself.

winter_rose
Staremaster
Headliner

You?re one in a million

« Reply #156 on: June 27, 2004, 08:17:35 AM »

Its hard to find reviews of Destination Anywhere but i found these two:

AMG Album Review

Jon Bon Jovi's first official solo album Destination Anywhere (apparently Young Guns II doesn't count because it was a soundtrack) finds the hard rocker attempting to simultaneously make his signature sound more mature and more contemporary. Producer Steve Lironi tones down the sample-driven rhythms that characterized his work with Black Grape, giving Bon Jovi a laidback and modern musical bed. Of ... Read MoreJon Bon Jovi's first official solo album Destination Anywhere (apparently Young Guns II doesn't count because it was a soundtrack) finds the hard rocker attempting to simultaneously make his signature sound more mature and more contemporary. Producer Steve Lironi tones down the sample-driven rhythms that characterized his work with Black Grape, giving Bon Jovi a laidback and modern musical bed. Of course, the singer chooses to write melodies and lyrics very similar to those of his full-time band, only less bombastic. And that's the key to Destination Anywhere -- it really couldn't have been made by the band, because there are too many subtle sonics and melodies for the group. So, in a sense, it's a breakthrough for Bon Jovi, because it is the first time he sounds like he's come to terms with adulthood. That doesn't mean Destination Anywhere is a complete success -- it, like his other records, is hampered by filler -- but none of his contemporaries were able to age this well, and the record is a fine example of late-'90s mainstream pop. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine, All Music Guide

Amazon.com
It's appropriate that Destination Anywhere is an album by Bon Jovi the solo artist as opposed to Bon Jovi the band. For while it contains the requisite number of catchy tunes and the right amount of romantic drama, it varies from the band's output in two important ways. First, much of the material on Destination Anywhere is more low-key than the band's high-octane anthems, offering intimacy, if not exactly introspection, from Jon Bon Jovi himself. Too, there's an experimental edge to the music, with sound samples, programmed drums, and keyboard washes that are as distant from the group's albums as California is from New Jersey. Eurythmic Dave Stewart, ex-Hooters Rob Hyman and Eric Bazilian, and perennial hit maker Desmond Child kick in some help on "Queen of New Orleans," "Midnight in Chelsea," and "Ugly." The album-closing "August 7, 4:15," meanwhile, is a dramatic rocker about the murder of Bon Jovi's manager's child. Overall, Destination Anywhere is a solid effort, with Bon Jovi flexing some of the same muscles he's building with his budding acting career. --Daniel Durchholz

I was at the Hyde Park gig but haven't bought the This Left Feels Right DVD because i thought the album was a real let down.
They will probably bring the concert out on DVD anyway as there seems to be a demand especially as the guys aren't doing anything for a while

badapple81
« Reply #157 on: June 27, 2004, 07:17:00 PM »

I thought This Left Feels Right sounded like they really tried too hard and over worked it. I imagined that it would sound like the guys just sitting around and having an accoustic jam. Yeah to make it a good product it needs some working, but I thought it was way too much, and it sounds like they were trying way too hard to make some of the songs sound different.

I did like the alt. version of It's My Life though. I'll be There For You was pretty good too.

I havent bought the DVD yet cos of lack of money, but I'll definately get it, the guys always put on an entertaining, fun show.

Which brings me to my next point? Can anybody recommend the top one or two Bon Jovi Pro Shot (bootleg) DVDs out there? And is anybody interested in trading for anything I have of GN'R?  ok

I'd love to see some more Bon Jovi shows.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #158 on: June 28, 2004, 03:13:20 PM »

I thought This Left Feels Right sounded like they really tried too hard and over worked it. I imagined that it would sound like the guys just sitting around and having an accoustic jam. Yeah to make it a good product it needs some working, but I thought it was way too much, and it sounds like they were trying way too hard to make some of the songs sound different.

I did like the alt. version of It's My Life though. I'll be There For You was pretty good too.

I havent bought the DVD yet cos of lack of money, but I'll definately get it, the guys always put on an entertaining, fun show.

Which brings me to my next point? Can anybody recommend the top one or two Bon Jovi Pro Shot (bootleg) DVDs out there? And is anybody interested in trading for anything I have of GN'R?  ok

I'd love to see some more Bon Jovi shows.

the songs are suppose to sound different

they are totally reworkings of the songs so obviously they did their job

if u can seperate the new versions from the old versions they are awesome!

u gotta hear their new song "last man standing" thats on the dvd, its amazing

they are suppose to have a box set comin out pretty soon

ive had all their unreleased stuff b4 i own a box set that there are only 100 in existance

their unreleased stuff is awesome!

jon's song about kurt cobain, "lonely at the top" is amazing!

Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #159 on: July 28, 2004, 07:43:06 PM »

Bon Jovi are like my 2nd or favorite band right? Well I'm just wondering if you know anything that I don't know.

I thought they were supposed to release a box set or Best Of album this year since it is 20 years to the year of the band.

Too bad Alec Jon Such lmao what a joke.

I wish they would pump out another album, I'm asking for too much I know. I loved Last Man Standing... that should've been on the album damnitt. ANd Theif of Hearts.

Is Edge of a Broken heart any good... I see that it made the top 40 in 1988

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: