Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:49:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  the Bon Jovi thread
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the Bon Jovi thread  (Read 211296 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #860 on: June 26, 2006, 01:28:39 PM »

U guys are having READING comprehension problems.

Britney is nowhere close to sniffing 100,000,000 million records, so I dont see where Britney comes into the discussion at all, she has no longetivity whereas Bon Jovi have been around for 22 years now so once again ignorance is being shown on this topic. Britney has never wrote a piece of music or a fuckin lyric that Im aware of, whereas Bon Jovi have countless hits written by Jon and Richie or Jon Himself and a few with Desmond Child but they still contributed to the song as much as Desmond.

Read a post I made a page or two ago.

I didnt say Bon Jovi were "Better" Than Guns N Roses only they were the bigger band.

How the fuck can that be disputed?

U judge how big a band is by record sales,Tour receipts,merchandise.

Bon Jovi have sold way more records, have had tons more number 1 singles and top 10 and top 40 hits. They have played to more fans in more countries, have made way more money and at this moment in time are more Famous.

most people dont even fuckin know GNR have new band members.

Axl walked down the street and people thought he was Kid Rock

No one would ever Mistaken Jon Bon Jovi for anyone else.

Face it, Axl is the better frontman, I won't say he is a better musician cause Jon is just as good on piano as Axl PLUS Jon can play a very damn good rhythm guitar.

Jon Also has way more solo hits he wrote by himself than Axl ever will.

Jon: Blaze of Glory number 1,Bed Of Roses top 5, Always Number 2,Livin In Sin top 10,Runaway top 40*all wrote by himself* Axl has November Rain Number 2.

So are Bon Jovi a Better band.......... maybe not as far as technical ability BUT

They are a way Bigger band.

Axl sells out Madison Square Garden, Bon Jovi sell out Giants Stadium 3 fuckin nights.

Trust me, I am as big a GNR fan as a Bon Jovi fan but I cant stand by and let my Co Favorite band get shit on by people who dont have a fuckin clue about them.

They are a ROCK band, not a POP band.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 01:35:31 PM by D? » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
badapple81
« Reply #861 on: June 26, 2006, 01:37:12 PM »

Amen D!

Every Bon Jovi comment has been totally twisted and misquoted. I would have thought GN'R fans would have seen through this before they start their 'Bon Jovi can suck my dick' comments.
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #862 on: June 26, 2006, 01:55:54 PM »

ok Jovi has 22 years carreer and britney not (ok sorry for sticking with britney  hihi ) but Britney is young still so I think if she keeps on going she might as well sell lots of albums and stuff just like bon jovi dont you think?
Once again not comparing Jovi with Britney in anything musicly aproach but sellings, and as D said Jovi is a big band but not better I get it.

No man can be my equal
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #863 on: June 26, 2006, 04:47:19 PM »

Thanks!

I mean Bon Jovi dont have songs like Estranged,Coma, they couldnt write something complex like that but To say a band who hasnt released an album in 15 years and has toured twice in 13 years is BIGGER than Bon Jovi is a ridiculous statement.

Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #864 on: June 26, 2006, 05:07:00 PM »

ok Jovi has 22 years carreer and britney not (ok sorry for sticking with britney? hihi ) but Britney is young still so I think if she keeps on going she might as well sell lots of albums and stuff just like bon jovi dont you think?
Once again not comparing Jovi with Britney in anything musicly aproach but sellings, and as D said Jovi is a big band but not better I get it.

Dude have you seen what Britney Spears is doing these days?  She's not exactly getting the best of of the media and she's pretty much became a laughing stock for them.  Her career is over because of her personal life and the choices she made (Marrying K-Fed, marrying the other dude and ending it like 3 days later, letting her infant baby drive her SUV  rofl , almost dropping her kid because she was too busy trying not to spill the drink in her other hand, etc).  I almost felt sorry for her on that Dateline interview because she was so run down.....her hair was all matted up and she was chewing gum like a cow throughout the whole interview.  She admitted she's having a breakdown and there's no way back from that.  Her career is over and you can mark my words with that.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #865 on: June 26, 2006, 08:37:24 PM »

Thanks!

I mean Bon Jovi dont have songs like Estranged,Coma, they couldnt write something complex like that but To say a band who hasnt released an album in 15 years and has toured twice in 13 years is BIGGER than Bon Jovi is a ridiculous statement.

You have to look at it this way man. If Bon Jovi hadent released an album in 10 years and were out of the spotlight for as long as guns, would they be able to sell out shows like GNR have been doing in Europe? I really don't think they would be able to.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #866 on: June 26, 2006, 08:44:55 PM »

Bon Jovi went 5 years without making an album and were out of the spotlight and a little album named "Crush" and a little song called "its My life" absolutely Blew up in 2000 and they played to sold out stadiums and arenas everywhere.

Point is, I can accept the fact GNR are a way more emotional and complex band than Bon Jovi, Im not gonna argue about that at all.

But when it comes to who is bigger,more famous, more successful, people can say what they want to say but Bon Jovi are bigger than Guns N Roses.

Would this be true if the old band never broke up and stopped making records? Maybe not but that did happen and while Axl has been MIA Bon Jovi have been playing to millions of people and selling millions of records.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #867 on: June 26, 2006, 08:56:46 PM »

Bon Jovi went 5 years without making an album and were out of the spotlight and a little album named "Crush" and a little song called "its My life" absolutely Blew up in 2000 and they played to sold out stadiums and arenas everywhere.

5 years is not the same as 15, your just gripping at straws now.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #868 on: June 26, 2006, 09:03:44 PM »

Still, it doesnt matter.

U are makin excuses for GNR cause we wont know till the 2nd album how big GNR are.

Most people for the first album are caught up in the Mystique factor, the drama and urban legend.

After GNR are back for a couple years then we will see.

U gotta understand, Its much more difficult being huge for 20 years than it is being big for 6 years.

Bon Jovi have proven their longetivity and I dont think Axl has yet to a certain extent.

What if Jon Bon Jovi quit after New Jersey and never made another album?

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #869 on: June 26, 2006, 09:06:55 PM »

No one would care about him anymore, that's kind of the point.  People, both fans and haters, still care about Axl and what he's doing
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #870 on: June 26, 2006, 09:18:10 PM »

No one would care about him anymore, that's kind of the point.? People, both fans and haters, still care about Axl and what he's doing

how can u say that though? No one knows.

Axl's persona though has kept him alive, not to mention the fact he has an entire new band still callin it GNR and the album has been in the making so long its intriguing.

Here is how u solve this:

Could GNR right now sell out a stadium in the United States? I dont think so

So how are they bigger than Bon Jovi?
We know GNR arent bigger overseas either so thats my point? How are they a bigger band?

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #871 on: June 26, 2006, 09:22:40 PM »

No one would care about him anymore, that's kind of the point.  People, both fans and haters, still care about Axl and what he's doing

how can u say that though? No one knows.

Axl's persona though has kept him alive, not to mention the fact he has an entire new band still callin it GNR and the album has been in the making so long its intriguing.

Here is how u solve this:

Could GNR right now sell out a stadium in the United States? I dont think so

So how are they bigger than Bon Jovi?
We know GNR arent bigger overseas either so thats my point? How are they a bigger band?

I'm not arguing with you on that, Bon Jovi is the bigger band.  They make more commercially viable, easy to digest music as a whole than GnR.  Guns had their big commercial hits, but the subject matter and crude lyrics contained on all their albums alienates a lot of the fanbase that embraces Bon Jovi.  On top of that, the original band being broken up for years now and the new band yet to release an album also  holds back their ability to draw crowds like Bon Jovi.  Bon Jovi is the bigger band, GnR is the better band.  I've never been much of a Bon Jovi fan but they make good bar songs, easily digestable and catchy music without being overly controversial or crass which is why they're so popular
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #872 on: June 26, 2006, 09:25:24 PM »

WOW We agree.

Now was that so  hard?? hihi hihi hihi hihi

BA
Linkin Park's worst nightmare
VIP

g,n,f'n,r's!!**

« Reply #873 on: June 30, 2006, 05:31:20 AM »

i was one of the ones who had to get a train home that night,however i dont give a shit.axl is far cooler than bon jovi and all there fans put together,axl can be as late as he likes it is his band afterall.

still there is a new king and his name is maynard and his band are never late!

i want to show you something,like joy inside my heart.seems i been living in the temple of the dog.where would i live if i were a man of goldenwords or would i live at all
word and music-my only tool
Catt
Headliner

Do as you got to, go your own way

« Reply #874 on: June 30, 2006, 08:09:24 AM »

jon bon jovi is one hell of pretty guy  drool and he should stay that way and shut his fucking pie hole hihi
and preach that among his fellow band members peace

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #875 on: July 14, 2006, 09:47:19 AM »

BON JOVI just left the stage at PARC JEAN DRAPEAU in gorgeous MONTREAL, QUEBEC, CANADA. Check out the set list from this massive outdoor show!

KEEP ON ROCKIN' IN THE FREE WORLD (Neil Young classic)
YOU GIVE LOVE A BAD NAME
WILD IN THE STREETS
BORN TO BE MY BABY
STORY OF MY LIFE
I'LL SLEEP WHEN I'M DEAD (with JUMPIN' JACK FLASH thrown in for good measure)
RUNAWAY
THE RADIO SAVED MY LIFE TONIGHT
CAPTAIN CRASH & THE BEAUTY QUEEN FROM MARS
JUST OLDER
IN THESE ARMS
I'LL BE THERE FOR YOU (electric featuring Richie Sambora on lead vocals)
HAVE A NICE DAY
WHO SAYS YOU CAN'T GO HOME
IT'S MY LIFE
BAD MEDICINE (with SHOUT)
RAISE YOUR HANDS
LIVIN' ON A PRAYER

encore:
COMPLICATED
KEEP THE FAITH
WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE

MERCI, MONTREAL! Next Stop: SOULVILLE, USA

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
badapple81
« Reply #876 on: July 17, 2006, 05:41:02 AM »

Bon Jovi have been one of my fave bands growing up but now I'm just pissed and have given up on them ever coming to Australia again. I can only assume it's just about the money, which it has been in the past due to the costs of coming here and the value of the Australian dollar. That just sucks.

Since These Days, JBJ came as part of his solo stuff in 97, they played one festival gig in Melbourne in 01 and did pop festivals (45 min sets max) in 03 I think it was.
Eric
« Reply #877 on: July 17, 2006, 12:02:07 PM »

These Days was released kind of in the middle of the Altrenative boom in the 90's, kind of got overlooked-good album, weird-didn't get into Bon Jovi until the 90's-didn't care much for last 2 releases
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #878 on: July 17, 2006, 09:28:47 PM »

Jon Bon Jovi will be on Larry King live Wednesday Night.

Larry King is on CNN, airs at 9pm Eastern.

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #879 on: July 17, 2006, 10:16:20 PM »

Bon Jovi have been one of my fave bands growing up but now I'm just pissed and have given up on them ever coming to Australia again. I can only assume it's just about the money, which it has been in the past due to the costs of coming here and the value of the Australian dollar. That just sucks.

Since These Days, JBJ came as part of his solo stuff in 97, they played one festival gig in Melbourne in 01 and did pop festivals (45 min sets max) in 03 I think it was.

It is kinda sad if that's the reason they aren't coming here, because plenty of other big name bands still tour here, regardless of the Aussie dollar. Bon Jovi could easily sell out gigs here, the shows they played in 1992 and 1996 were absolutely huge.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: