Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 07:23:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  the Bon Jovi thread
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the Bon Jovi thread  (Read 211316 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #840 on: June 18, 2006, 01:44:07 AM »

This is where everyone is overreacting Jamie.

Read what he said without prejudice Jesus Christ u guys act like its ok for a performer to be 2 hours late.

its not.

He was asked what he thought about it and  he gave an honest answer that I guarantee most people will agree with. he didnt slam Axl, he didnt call him any names, he didnt say anything that wasnt the truth so people should stop making such a big deal out of it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #841 on: June 18, 2006, 09:02:43 AM »

D's right but it ain't really got owt to do with him

plus does anyone know why he kept fans waiting?

That's a hatrick for Doull
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #842 on: June 18, 2006, 01:45:35 PM »

Axl has said that it takes a lot for him to get into the right headspace to perform. He wants to give the best of himself for the fans. So as a fan you have to ask yourself what you want more: Axl right on time and a poor Axl stage performance or Axl late and great.

Is it cool of him to pull off the late stuff all the time, and do I agree? No. But it is what it is.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #843 on: June 18, 2006, 03:59:51 PM »

I don't see anything wrong with his opinion, we do it all day.. I could see his point, to some that is really fucked up..
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #844 on: June 20, 2006, 11:15:12 AM »

The thing is that an artist should know how to answered a question and not make a controversy, why controversy anything that Axl makes is always controvers, (I don't agree with the fight things with the being late things too) Theres always an inteligent way to say.
He could've say "I don't agree with him being late, but he may have his reasons, do I know the reasons? NO, well know lets talk about Jovi." End of history, people want controversy I wont give anything like that, only poor minded people fall for that.
Is like few weeks ago the thing Jovi said about he doesnt see like doing a show when he gets old, people wanted to think he said something bad about RS and it was not. Plain stupid.

No man can be my equal
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #845 on: June 21, 2006, 11:14:03 AM »

Perhaps Im speaking for far too many people here, but the 2 hour wait for Axl & Gn'R on May 12th wasn't long at all, and to me it went by fast...

Between the Nirvana, Rage, and Metallica, etc, everyone was moshing, crowd surfing or just downright having a great time ok

Then maybe ten minutes to 11, people started getting anxious, shouting "C'mon Axl!!", but you of course know what happened when the clock struck 11?

Uncle Axl was up on that stage, and not one fan in attendance gave a fuck they just waited 2 hours to see him...

Like I said previously, as much as Bon Jovi, or his keyboarder may try and deny it, there has still got to be a lot of lingering jealousy there...

Both bands are from the eighties, and became absolutely huge in the eighties...but who is the bigger band now?

Ive seen Bon Jovi at the Air Canada Centre twice, once with my girlfriend, and once with my MOTHER: biggest Bon Jovi fan in the world, and I can tell you at 18, I was by far youngest one there.

It's such a fucking embarassing spectacle!

A bunch of fat soccer moms, and drunk 50 year olds singing "You give love a Bad name" in between the cheesiest video segments.

Jon Bon Jovi has done advertisements for Duracel Batteries, and even Target, while appearing in lame shows like Ally McBeal which is watched by who? Oh, housewifes and soccer moms... hihi

The day Axl begins advertising for a Battery company, then the Bon Jovi lovers may have a leg to stand on, but until then, it's nothing but warmed over 80's cheese that not even a mouse would nibble on rofl

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #846 on: June 22, 2006, 12:13:51 AM »

Here is the ENTIRE INTERVIEW:

What are the Bon Jovi rituals before a gig

David:We you know we usually sacrifice a lamb, a few beheadings, we get a couple of virgins that sort of thing... not really I mean everything out her on the road is about getting the show done. Well not getting it done but making sure you are ready for it and making sure your body is in shape and then going out there and mentally getting yourself in the game.

What is on the Bon Jovi rider, Is there anything you have to have in the dressing room
David:Well no not really. Our wardrobe girls take care of our various needs. There is none of that 'only the blue M&M's' kinda stuff. I think rock 'n' roll has been given a bad name by a few bands.

Care to name any names
No...no!

How are you finding England
Well we have been based out of here for a while and no rain...we love that! I think we brought the sunshine with us so it's all good.

Have you been sucked into World Cup fever yet
Yeah I actually played the game in school. I'm one of the few Americans that actually played the sport. I don't necessarily think it's better than American football but it's different. I watched USA play Czech Republic the other night and they lost 3-0. But hey at least we are in it - I think we are ranked number fifth in the world so I'm like, 'Hey alright!!'

Speaking of football were you disappointed that your Wembley gig was cancelled.
Oh yeah, definitely. I mean the plan was that we were the last one's to play in the old stadium and we were supposed to opening the new one. So yeah it's really disappointing...I'm glad I don't own it!

In Jon's words it's been a bit of a 'shambles'.
Oh yeah, there have definitely been a few financial problems with that project.

So are you hoping they come back to you to ask you to perform the opening gig when it is finally ready
Yeah absolutely. We haven't discussed it yet but then who knows when it is going to be ready. They're saying now that they are trying to have it ready for the Olympics in 2012. We may even be dead by the time it finally opens!

So what about groupies
Have they changed since the band first started 23 years ago

Groupies (laughs)...I mean it depends what you mean by groupies. For us it's just all about the fans and making music and going up there and giving the best show you can and entertaining the masses. Now the nice thing is these fans have been there all along and now you have the young kids checking us out as well. There is a real mixture in the crowd now it's great!

What's the most rock 'n' roll thing you've done do you think
I would say sell 100,000,000 records. That's pretty rock 'n' roll.

So no TVs thrown out of hotel windows
No we're not that sort of band. We were never a lifestyle band - a lot of those bands are playing the nostalgic circuit now, they don't really have longevity.
I guess when rock 'n' roll first started out it was crazy and it was just less of a business. Now I think there's definitely more responsibility. People work hard, they buy their ticket, they get on the train to come and see us and plan their day - there's a lot of responsibility to give them a good show.

Continued on Page 2

And what did you think of Axl Rose when he left fans waiting for hours last week
Ha ha ha. Well, to be honest I think it's the same behaviour that was there zillions of years ago. I just don't get it. We will never ever do that to our fans. It's an honour and a big gift to get to where we are at and we have never looked at our position as anything less than that. You know we are professionals and we go up there and we do what we do and we do it on time. If any curfew is going to be broken it's because we're playing longer.

Is it a problem keeping you public and your private life separate
Well no, not really. Where I live is suburbia, so everything works out pretty good. Life is a good balance.

Is it difficult to hold down a relationship when you're in a rock 'n' roll band
I mean we have been doing this for so long now its just part of what you do. Our children come to the shows and on tour with us wherever possible. It has got difficult to bring them with me now because they are all in school. When they're babies you can do anything you want but when they start going to school you are on their schedule.

Richie Sambora is going through a very public divorce at the moment. What do you think about stories claiming he had an affair
Those papers have to make money, you know what I mean and that's what they do. We're a band we are here for each other and play together and we do what we do, those stories are just a bunch of crap. I mean what are you gonna do? It sells papers! The only thing I wish for is that we owned those papers.

And what about claims that Jon Bon Jovi calls the shots and the rest of the band just follow
I mean it's always been that the lead singer is the lead singer. He has got the mic and he has a lot of vision but it's a team thing.

Jon mentioned recently that he didn't want Bon Jovi to end up like the Rolling Stones.
No I think that was most probably a misquote we definitely look up to the Rolling Stones. As for retiring, I do what I love and I love what I do and I will keep doing it until the mind and the body fails and when it's no longer fun. At the moment we are having a blast. You've got to have fun - I haven't had a bad day since the doctor slapped me on the ass!

I was interested to read about your work on the musicals Memphis and Sweet Valley High.
Yeah and there's a new one I'm working on called The Toxic Avenger. I'm just venturing into another world and the nice thing about what we do is that we can stretch out and do different things. So for me I really love it, it's a fun process of I'm writing essentially rock 'n' roll songs but writing them within the confines of a story.
The Toxic Avenger is a big cult movie and we are just basically using the characters and we are completely changing it. We just started work on that one. The writer is Joe Dipietro who wrote the Elvis show 'All Shook Up'.

Is there ever going to be Bon Jovi The Musical
Maybe down the road you never know, but at the moment the scene has kinda got clouded up with those kind of musicals. So right now you don't want to be the 15th one. The Abba one is huge but for every Mama Mia there are 15 that didn't become huge. So I mean it's just not right yet.

So when you're not in the band or writing musicals what do you do to relax
Lie on the beach with my surfboard and surf!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 12:16:34 AM by D? » Logged

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #847 on: June 22, 2006, 12:18:35 AM »

Both bands are from the eighties, and became absolutely huge in the eighties...but who is the bigger band now?

Are u really gonna ask that question?

I think Bon Jovi are a way bigger band.

When Axl sells out 3 straight nights at Giants Stadium, Sells out Gillete Stadium in New england, sells out Philadelphia Eagles new stadium u can come talk to me.

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #848 on: June 22, 2006, 10:13:02 AM »

Are u really gonna ask that question?

I think Bon Jovi are a way bigger band.

When Axl sells out 3 straight nights at Giants Stadium, Sells out Gillete Stadium in New england, sells out Philadelphia Eagles new stadium u can come talk to me.

In all honesty, Axl probably wont for quite some time...

I mean he doesn't make regular appearances on the Oprah Winfrey show for starters with hundreds of concert tickets in hand.... hihi

Who watches Oprah, or would ever even care what Oprah thinks?

At least half of Bon Jovi's fanclub that's who... Undecided

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #849 on: June 22, 2006, 05:13:51 PM »

Mind u Im not necessarily saying Bon Jovi are a better band, that is debatable as Bon Jovi are more of a commercial band but there really is no question that Bon Jovi are the bigger band in my opinion.

U can give whatever reasons u want, the Oprah thing etc, but still yet, Like Bon Jovi or hate them, u cant deny their popularity worldwide.

badapple81
« Reply #850 on: June 24, 2006, 05:06:37 AM »

If I was going to a GNR gig I'd book a hotel within walking or taxi distance as I know there are huge chances the show might end after transport stops.

But there would be a lot of casual rock fans who perhaps wouldn't be ready for this eventuality.

David Bryan has said nothing wrong here at all.

Axlsmainman, not sure what your post has to do with this thread  Huh  He was asked in an interview, he didn't go out looking to make these comments. And also, when you hit 50, I gather you won't be going to see any of your fave bands, as that would be a 'fucking embarrasing spectacle'?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #851 on: June 25, 2006, 01:36:17 AM »

Not to keep adding fuel to the fire but for those who say Bon Jovi arent a huge band:

From Rollingstone magazine.'

Bon Jovi have the 2nd biggest tour this year behind only U2.

So I guess some of u need to realize that just because u dont like Bon jovi that doesnt mean they suck or arent one of the biggest bands in the world.

Cause trust me....... they are. ok

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #852 on: June 25, 2006, 03:09:37 AM »

Not to keep adding fuel to the fire but for those who say Bon Jovi arent a huge band:

From Rollingstone magazine.'

Bon Jovi have the 2nd biggest tour this year behind only U2.

So I guess some of u need to realize that just because u dont like Bon jovi that doesnt mean they suck or arent one of the biggest bands in the world.

Cause trust me....... they are. ok

YET they don't wanna tour Australia... Huh

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
sandman
Legend

« Reply #853 on: June 25, 2006, 03:09:14 PM »

I think some of u are pissed cause he is right.

What did he really say that was so bad?

he said he didnt agree with making fans wait 2 hours.

Who the fuck does agree with that?

Bon Jovi just got back from a sold out European tour and are arriving here to a sold out US tour.

I dont think they need anymore publicity.

I love how Bon Jovi are supposedly jealous of Axl Rose, what is even more sad is the fact some of u are dillusional enough to actually believe that.

He was asked his opinion and he gave it.

What is he suppose to say?

Musicroom.net "What do u think of Axl Rose making fans wait 2 hours.

David: "Oh its amazing, he is such an amazing talent those fans are lucky he lets them spend their hard earned money to see him, the fans are lucky he shows up at all, the fans have no right to complain as they are in the presence of GOD.?

Please, there is no excuse for ANY performer making fans wait like that.

People who can defend that need to unsuperglue their lips from Axl's ballsack.

how about "no comment".

and was he actually asked? or did he just bring it up on his own? i don't see an interviewer asking him about it.

and who cares about a band's popularity???

britney spears is popular. does that make her a good musician, or even a credible one?

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #854 on: June 25, 2006, 03:19:20 PM »

britney spears is popular. does that make her a good musician, or even a credible one?

That makes her the bestest!

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #855 on: June 25, 2006, 08:45:34 PM »

David Chuckled before he answered, Kind of an "Axl is just being Axl" type response, he wasnt saying it like a dick, he was laughing with it.

I think anyone who would put Bon Jovi and Britney in the same sentence obviously have no clue as to what they are talking about.

Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #856 on: June 26, 2006, 03:06:41 AM »

You've got to be fucking kidding me.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #857 on: June 26, 2006, 09:00:04 AM »

You've got to be fucking kidding me.

Oh trust me...he really isn't... hihi

Axlsmainman, not sure what your post has to do with this thread? Huh? He was asked in an interview, he didn't go out looking to make these comments. And also, when you hit 50, I gather you won't be going to see any of your fave bands, as that would be a 'fucking embarrasing spectacle'?

I was simply making the point that Bon Jovi is not the bigger band in terms of popularity over Gn'R...

Commercially, I wouldn't deny them having the upper hand...but that's because Bon Jovi is marketed and managed alot "safer" and "mother-approved" than Axl or Gn'R has ever been.

But in answer to you're question, I still hope to have the opportunity to go see Gn'R when I crack my fifties with no objections...

What I objected to or I should say, was repulsed by during Bon Jovi was just how many middle-aged to elderly women would take off their bras and either flash the man and throw their bra up on stage... rofl

It had no feeling of a rock show whatsoever...

I mean the band's introduction video was them adjusting their balls and hair in a "make believe elevator" while what's Gn'R's classic entrance?

"DO YOU KNOW WHERE THE F*CK YOU ARE?? hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
sandman
Legend

« Reply #858 on: June 26, 2006, 10:13:20 AM »

David Chuckled before he answered, Kind of an "Axl is just being Axl" type response, he wasnt saying it like a dick, he was laughing with it.

I think anyone who would put Bon Jovi and Britney in the same sentence obviously have no clue as to what they are talking about.

D - take cheap shots at me all you want. that's usually a sign someone is losing an argument. nothing else intelligent to say. 

bon jovi and britney are two of the biggest money-making acts in world. i was NOT comparing them to each other...simply stating a fuckin FACT.

bon jovi should worry about themselves instead of criticizing truly great musicians. a POP icon criticizing rock LEGENDS is totally pathetic. 

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #859 on: June 26, 2006, 10:20:44 AM »

You wanna say something to me?  rant  hihi
Exactly what I think Britney and Jovi has nothing in common but as you said before Jovi has sell lots of albums, arenas and so on, and they are more popular and big than GNR right? so there is your comparison to Britney, not the music but the sells.

No man can be my equal
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: