Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 06:29:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  the Bon Jovi thread
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the Bon Jovi thread  (Read 212180 times)
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #380 on: August 08, 2005, 07:47:39 PM »

Thanks estranged? beer

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #381 on: August 08, 2005, 09:57:07 PM »

How did u get this song?

I am interested to know

I watched the Video for Have A Nice Day and I am very disappointed.

Tied Up is gonna have a heart attack but that song fucking sucks

What the fuck is goin on in?Huh?

What are they thinkin?

Jesus that just isnt good.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 10:02:52 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #382 on: August 08, 2005, 10:32:45 PM »

Listened a couple more times and its grown on me some, I still dont like it a whole lot, just doesnt sound like Bon Jovi.

way too poppy even for Bon Jovi.

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #383 on: August 08, 2005, 10:54:33 PM »

I really wished that they didn't work with John Shanks.

POPmetal
« Reply #384 on: August 08, 2005, 10:59:41 PM »

way too poppy even for Bon Jovi.

It's less poppy than It's My Life was. IML even had loops and shit. Unbreakable might have a modern pop production, but it is still VERY guitar heavy! One of the most guitar heavy songs Bon Jovi have done lately, so it's not like it doesn't rock at the same time.

I like Unbreakable even better than the title track (which is saying a lot, cuz I absolutely love HaND).
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #385 on: August 08, 2005, 11:11:12 PM »

Guitar oriented to me is like "undivided" or even Everyday or Bounce from the Bounce CD

this song sounded like "Stronger" from Britney Spears or something

Bon jovi are suppose to be Rock Legends and this shit sounded like they were chasin a trend instead of being the band they are.

I am concerned as well Timothy with them workin with Shanks

they need to get Bob Rock or someone.

they need somebody topush them again

Bon Jovi have gotten way to safe these days, they dont take any type of chance and IM getting pissed off and they are my co Fav of all time.

POPmetal
« Reply #386 on: August 08, 2005, 11:29:26 PM »

Guitar oriented to me is like "undivided" or even Everyday or Bounce from the Bounce CD

All of these had less guitars than Unbreakable. I got sick of Undivided after I heard it 5 times. I've already replayed Unbreakable 25 and I can't get enough!

this song sounded like "Stronger" from Britney Spears or something

Stronger is an awesome pop song. But you're taking the whole thing way too far. Yeah, it sounds a little like Stronger, but Stronger is not a guitar driven song. Unbreakable has killer guitars if you just get over the whole Britney Spears thing and listen to it.

And relax, Unbreakable is not even a part of Have a Nice Day. It's a bonus track for the UK and Japan. And now I think I know why it was excluded from the normal version. Clearly a lot of US fans can't handle it.

Bob Rock on production might be nice. They originally planning to have Crush co-produced by Bob Rock and Bruce Fairbrian. Now that would have been awesome! But Bruce died just before that and the whole thing fell apart. I think it still might be a good idea to work just with Bob Rock.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 11:36:15 PM by POPmetal » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #387 on: August 09, 2005, 12:10:20 AM »

Dont get me wrong Unbreakable is decent I guess but Bon Jovi are legends and to me legends dont follow the IN thing or the trends, see what Im saying?

That song screams sell out and just doesnt seem to be something I want to hear on a Bon Jovi CD.

What happened to taking chances in music?

they are only doing 73 dates on the tour, I mean they are satisfied and just coasting a long and that bothers me.

They arent evolving anymore.

POPmetal
« Reply #388 on: August 09, 2005, 12:32:15 AM »

Dont get me wrong Unbreakable is decent I guess but Bon Jovi are legends and to me legends dont follow the IN thing or the trends, see what Im saying?

That song screams sell out and just doesnt seem to be something I want to hear on a Bon Jovi CD.

What happened to taking chances in music?

they are only doing 73 dates on the tour, I mean they are satisfied and just coasting a long and that bothers me.

They arent evolving anymore.

What trend are they following? Britney isn't even "in" right now if that's what you were implying. If they were trying to follow a trend or whatever is "in," they would sound like Coldplay or maybe Alicia Keys. Clearly that isn't the case.

There's nothing sell out about it. Bon Jovi always had a lot of pop in them. When you're a band of Bon Jovi's stature, you get to do whatever you want and that's what they're doing. Musically, it's a great song, and original at that, no matter what anyone says.

And you should probably wait to hear the actual album before worrying that they aren't evolving anymore. If they were satisfied and coasting along, they'd just roll over and die by releasing repackaged greatest hits collections and covers albums (like certain other bands are doing).
« Last Edit: August 09, 2005, 12:34:12 AM by POPmetal » Logged
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #389 on: August 09, 2005, 03:31:52 AM »

How did u get this song?

I am interested to know

There's a lot of new songs circulating on the web, I just don't know we're they come from. But you can easely find "These Open Arms", "I Am", "Bells Of Freedom", "Last Man Standing" etc. Some of them are just samples...

I'm a bit confused that you don't like the song D  nervous I've always enjoyed reading your posts about Bon Jovi 'cause what your writting is just so right. I've been a Bon Jovi fan since 1989 and "New Jersey", and strangelly I hate IML and almost all the "Bounce" album (exept "Everyday", "Undivided" et "Hook Me Up"). But I thought a lot of the new material is worth something. I'd almost say that "HAND" will be their "Slippery When Wet" N?2  yes

It's a all new sound for Bon Jovi, so fresh but in the same time you can always tell it's them, 'cause you can definitely recognise the band's trademark for big rock anthems.

Anyway D, I'm looking forward to read your answers, because it's clear that you know the band, you know what they are. See ya,

Nico (from Belgium)

(Don't mind my english, I'm from Belgium peace)

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #390 on: August 09, 2005, 03:42:52 AM »

Im one of the biggest Bon Jovi fans alive but that doesnt mean I cant call them out when I dont agree with something they do.

Like the Have a nice day video for example, i love the song but I think the video is ridiculous

the song isnt in sync with Jon's mouth, the concept is kind of lame etc.

Unbreakable is a good song, just not a good Bon Jovi song in my opinion.

Bon Jovi are an amazing rock band

they are one of the few bands that I like live better than on CD

cause effects and fancy production just dont work for Bon Jovi, theydont need that shit.

Some of the greatest bon Jovi performances are when they just play acoustic but when they add the computers and all the little this and thats, it just doesnt suit them in my opinion.

How many more songs about open arms is Jon gonna write? LOL

1 on Bounce 2 on the boxset and now another one?

geez jon come on! lol!

What do the new songs sound like Estranged?

Im gonna wait on the CD but I would like to here These Open Arms since its unreleased in the states

can u give us a link to it?

NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #391 on: August 09, 2005, 03:57:53 AM »

Sure D,

Here's a link to download "These Open Arms"

http://hdvirtual.inteligweb.com.br/compartilhamento.php?id=OTgz

the password is 123456.

When you've downloaded the song, you just have to had .mp3 at the end of the file's name to make it work.

Enjoy ! yes

Long live GN'R.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #392 on: August 09, 2005, 04:33:50 AM »

dude I appreciate it, U are awesome!

I cant wait to hear this!

I liked it and Unbreakable has grown on me and I love it now as well!

I guess Unbreakable just kinda reminded me of Rob Thomas and that new shit he is doing.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2005, 04:41:05 AM by D » Logged

NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #393 on: August 09, 2005, 04:52:30 AM »

It's funny because when I've heard "Unbreakable" for the first time, I was disapointed too. I guess it's the begining of the song that can surprise when you listen to it the first time. But there's an undenyable strong riff, and I think the guitar solo is just awesome smoking

As for "These Open Arms", is far much better than any of the "Bounce" stuffs like "You Had Me From Hello" & Co.

I think I am is going to be another interesting track, because of the lyrical content. Just like "I Wanna Be Loved", wich apparently is a dark moody song like those from the "These Days" era.

Glad I've been able to help you D !

By the way, do you have a site about the band ? Or is there one you could recomand me ?

Personaly I'm the webmaster of http://www.foreverbonjovi.com

Long live GN'R.
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #394 on: August 09, 2005, 01:41:03 PM »

How did u get this song?

I am interested to know

I watched the Video for Have A Nice Day and I am very disappointed.

Tied Up is gonna have a heart attack but that song fucking sucks

What the fuck is goin on in?Huh?

What are they thinkin?

Jesus that just isnt good.

OMG...  did ... D... just... say what I thought he said?

He did, didn't he?

I may have to change my signature!!!

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #395 on: August 09, 2005, 03:25:01 PM »

U heard right Tied Up

The song isnt one of my favorites, Jon's part is good but the music is not my favorite

Here is my problem with Bon Jovi now Estranged?

Last Man Standing is a song bitching about how the music industry has went to shit and against these teen pop/rock bastards and american Idol and other gay stuff like that.

SO what do they do?

First Richie plays a song with the American Karaoke dude and now Bon Jovi have a song that fucking sounds like that shit.

I am pissed off today since Ive woke up and thought about it some more

Its my pure fanboy unconditional love for the band that allows me to even give that song a chance.

POPmetal
« Reply #396 on: August 09, 2005, 04:31:43 PM »

I'm a bit confused that you don't like the song D? nervous I've always enjoyed reading your posts about Bon Jovi 'cause what your writting is just so right. I've been a Bon Jovi fan since 1989 and "New Jersey", and strangelly I hate IML and almost all the "Bounce" album (exept "Everyday", "Undivided" et "Hook Me Up"). But I thought a lot of the new material is worth something. I'd almost say that "HAND" will be their "Slippery When Wet" N?2? yes

It's a all new sound for Bon Jovi, so fresh but in the same time you can always tell it's them, 'cause you can definitely recognise the band's trademark for big rock anthems.

Yeah, I agree with this assessment. I respect D, and he's one of the coolest people on this board, but I think he was caught off guard by The IQ of MacMaul's Britney comment and he's over reacting a bit. Unbreakable kicks ass! It's the most rocking song they've done since One Wild Night.

By the way, your site is really cool! Keep up the good work ok
« Last Edit: August 09, 2005, 04:36:34 PM by POPmetal » Logged
POPmetal
« Reply #397 on: August 09, 2005, 04:46:45 PM »

Like the Have a nice day video for example, i love the song but I think the video is ridiculous

Yeah, I agree about that. I've given up on music videos a long time ago. The HaND video is ridiculous and kinda gay, but then again, MTV is into that type of stuff, so who knows? Maybe they'll even get some MTV airplay this time around, and if that means more people get to hear their music, which is what really matters, then it ain't so bad.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #398 on: August 09, 2005, 04:49:04 PM »

True I need to listen to Unbreakable proper, real loud in the car

some music listened to real low, doesnt hit u like it should.

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #399 on: August 09, 2005, 05:16:57 PM »

Unbreakable is okay .

I think some of the problem with the new stuff is mainly going to be the fact that Shanks produced it . the guy can turna song that would be great into just something that is okay.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: