Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 07:31:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  the Bon Jovi thread
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the Bon Jovi thread  (Read 212192 times)
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #360 on: July 25, 2005, 11:51:45 PM »

D:  I don't expect someone to pretend to be something they aren't.   Jon is cheesy, and I wouldn't expect him to be anything but pure cheese.  Why would I expect cheese to do something other than be cheesy?

D...  bon jovi is NOTHING compared to what they were 15 years ago.    The craze that surrounded them was also a fad, much like N'Sync was and the Macarena, therefore my  comparison is valid.  They may be somewhat successful, but they aren't selling albums the way they did back in the late 80s.   

As I said before, I do not deny that they still are able to sell a record.  So what?  It just means that there are a lot of people out there who like cheese.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #361 on: July 26, 2005, 12:13:11 AM »

Every band have their huge flare up and then they settle into a nice career not many bands can boast a 20 plus year career.

Very rarely does a band hit the huge cog twice in a career.

Crush was a big deal

10 million worldwide, 2 million in the US, Its My Life was number 1 on VH1 all summer.

No old band will dominate, even U2 or Metallica dont move the units they use to, it happens to every band

I just hate the whole "Bon Jovi sold lots of records cause Jon is good looking'

Listen u can fool people a couple records but if they didnt have talent and something there, they couldnt fool people for 20 plus years.

Bon Jovi will never have another record as big as Slippery When Wet, Metallica will never have another record as big as the black album, Micheal jackson will never have another thriller, GNR will never have another Appetite For Destruction

thats the pattern for every band.

These Days destroys SLippery When Wet as far as quality is concerned but it didnt come close to it in album sales.? sales dont determine how great music is.

All I know is they are the ONLY hair band that survived grunge and are still relevant today

check this list out

Metallica
Bon Jovi
U2
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Prince
Madonna
Bruce Springsteen

I may have missed one or two.

Those are the ONLY artists who were big in the 80's that are still around making platinum records and selling out arenas with no lulls in between.

Not bad company for the cheesy no talent pretty boys wouldnt u say?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #362 on: July 26, 2005, 12:59:44 AM »

Metallica
Bon Jovi
U2
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Prince
Madonna
Bruce Springsteen

Those are the ONLY artists who were big in the 80's that are still around making platinum records and selling out arenas with no lulls in between.

Are you insane? These other bands only further prove the point that Bon Jovi has seriously gone downhill. Prince, U2, and Metallica have completely lost it since the 80's. Madonna, Springsteen, and Red Hot Chili Peppers never had it in the first place.  Tongue Popularity means nothing here.

By the way, WASP is a great example of a hair band that not only survived grunge, but put out their finest album right in the middle of grunge's peak. The Crimson Idol shows that even in grunge's day in the sun, metal still won out! They are still relevent today, especially after putting out the Neon God albums.

Bon Jovi can't compare with the talent of WASP. They wouldn't even dare to put out a concept album.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #363 on: July 26, 2005, 01:21:17 AM »

Im not even responding to that shit.

prince won 2 grammys, Created a whole new way to sell a CD to beat downloaders

All Im sayin is

I hate U2 but I would never say how much they suck or this and that cause i dont like em but they are still popular for a reason

same with Bon Jovi, U may not like em, but that is u

millions still do and always will

that matters whether u want to admit it or not

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #364 on: July 26, 2005, 01:36:00 AM »

Metallica
Bon Jovi
U2
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Prince
Madonna
Bruce Springsteen

Are you insane? These other bands only further prove the point that Bon Jovi has seriously gone downhill. Prince, U2, and Metallica have completely lost it since the 80's. Madonna, Springsteen, and Red Hot Chili Peppers never had it in the first place.? Tongue Popularity means nothing here.

By the way, WASP is a great example of a hair band that not only survived grunge, but put out their finest album right in the middle of grunge's peak. The Crimson Idol shows that even in grunge's day in the sun, metal still won out! They are still relevent today, especially after putting out the Neon God albums.

Bon Jovi can't compare with the talent of WASP. They wouldn't even dare to put out a concept album.

You've gotta be kidding! WASP? hihi
I didn't even know they were still around, letalone putting out albums that are relevant, if they were ever relevant at all.

That said, Bon Jovi have some great songs and some bad songs, but they're definitely a band that has longevity and you can't argue with that.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #365 on: July 26, 2005, 02:03:49 AM »

Im not even responding to that shit.

prince won 2 grammys, Created a whole new way to sell a CD to beat downloaders

Um.... D???  Milli Vanilli won a grammy.  Winning a grammy doesn't mean shit. 

Jethro Tull won a grammy for BEST HARD ROCK...  need I say more?

I'm not going to dog Prince, because I love the guy, totally awesome artist.   But... there are few people who can actually say with total honesty that his current stuff is better than the raw stuff he recorded in the 80s.

But... I have no idea why I'm even bothering to argue this point with you... it's something that we will never see eye to eye on... you've succumbed to the lure of the cheese, man.
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #366 on: July 26, 2005, 02:06:12 AM »

The Crimson Idol is one of the greatest concept albums ever. The Neon God (Part 1 is the better album) 1 and 2 are some of the best metal albums of the last few years. Compared to their contemporaries like Motley Crue, WASP are still an important band in metal. They can be very intelligent and progressive, but somehow they have the popular perception of being a party band ripping off Crue.

This is, of course, the exact opposite of the truth, showing how much the public knows about real metal.  Undecided Popularity or lack of it doesn't mean anything.

By the time The Crimson Idol came out, Blackie Lawless was the only original member left, so it can be seen as a solo album. The main character, Jonathan Steel, is definitely based on Lawless. He wrote it when he was feeling jaded about rock star fame, which was, of course, all gone for the LA bands at this point.

If you only need one WASP song to hear their talent, listen to Chainsaw Charlie. No other band from the LA scene has put out songs that intense. Hell, get the whole album, you will not regret it at all.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #367 on: July 26, 2005, 03:12:00 AM »

Thats my point though tied up thats the ever loving point

Artists grow and evolve

Prince never made the same album twice,never

He isnt as commercial and poppy but thats just not his style anymore

Im sure he could write that way if he really wanted to but thats not whats in his head anymore, he doesnt repeat himself.

I dont think his new stuff is better or worse, I judge it as a whole

I get just as much satisfaction out of "A Million Days, Illusion Coma Pimp and Circumstance  and his new songs on musicology than I do any song off Purple Rain,1999,Dirty Mind,Sign O The Times,Diamonds and Pearls etc

Emancipation came out in 98 and his great album ever in my opinion

wasnt as big commercially although it sold a million copies at 37 dollars a piece *it was 3 cds 32 brand new songs 4 covers* but it was an indy release and didnt have much promotion

Prince's "The Rainbow children" is the funkiest, jazziest concept album about love and religion u will ever listen to.

So he isnt as commercial or poppy

but he has just evolved and doesnt do the same music over and over.

U think Axl is gonna write another song like Welcome to the jungle,PCor SCOM?

No he wont

but the songs will still be just as great just a different type of song.

doesnt make it any less amazing just cause it isnt as loved by the masses.

Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #368 on: July 26, 2005, 04:39:47 AM »

i wish that the chorus was more of a shout before the backround vocals kick in, let the have a nice day line echo a bit

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #369 on: July 26, 2005, 04:40:18 AM »

have a nice day is a decent song

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #370 on: July 26, 2005, 07:32:01 AM »

I like the song

smoking Izzy smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #371 on: July 26, 2005, 02:38:06 PM »

They didnt rip off the album cover

to rip something off means u blatantly steal something as your own

they were paying tribute to one of their heroes growing up, thats bout like if someone does a cover song tryin to say they are rippin off the original, its not ripping it off.

they gave all the credit to Elvis and made clear why they were doing it.

No band has 100,000,000 fans, I dont know why that little tag line was invented.

feel free to post the liner notes from the CD...a song would have been more appropriate, not a rip off of the album cover, and i rip off it certainly is, no matter how you disguise it

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #372 on: July 27, 2005, 12:03:08 PM »

LOL, I just love the Bon Jovi threads in this board! It's kind of like a car crash: I don't want to get involved, but I'll watch from a distance Grin

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #373 on: July 27, 2005, 04:04:30 PM »

Was Uma Thurman ripping off Bruce Lee in Kill Bill vol 1 wearing his outfit?

No, its called paying tribute

was Axl ripping off Freddie Mercury when he would use half his mic stand to sing?

NO it is called paying tribute

Elvis is one of Jon's heroes so he payed tribute with that cover, I am gonna go and find the interview.

NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #374 on: August 08, 2005, 05:12:19 PM »

Anyone who think that Bon Jovi can't rock no more should put the new song "Unbreakable" in his ears  yes

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
POPmetal
« Reply #375 on: August 08, 2005, 05:14:29 PM »

Anyone who think that Bon Jovi can't rock no more should put the new song "Unbreakable" in his ears? yes
Where can we hear it?
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #376 on: August 08, 2005, 05:27:15 PM »

There you go mate ok

Bon Jovi - Unbreakable

Right-clic, etc.

Hope you'll like it !

Seems to me that "Have A Nice Day" will be an important album for the band. And I'm happy to here Sambora's strong riffs again smoking

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
POPmetal
« Reply #377 on: August 08, 2005, 05:45:37 PM »

Thanks estranged? !!! HOLLY SHIT! Now THIS is Bon Jovi at their best! But from what I've heard, it's a bonus track for UK and Japan. If this was on the US version of Have a Nice Day, I'd be waiting in line at midnight in front of a record store on Septermber 19 to be the first to get it!!!? That's how excited I am about it!

Why don't we get this song on the US version?!?!?!? This is bullshit! We don't get the good stuff. Instead we get songs like Who Says You Can't Go Home. They played that song at the Hard Rock Hotel show they did in March. It was an ok, mediocre song, but nothing to get me excited about the new album.

Ritchie Sambora really kicks ass on Unbreakable !
« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 05:50:40 PM by POPmetal » Logged
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #378 on: August 08, 2005, 05:55:46 PM »

awful...like britney spears with a deep voice hihi

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
POPmetal
« Reply #379 on: August 08, 2005, 06:14:43 PM »

It does sound like Britney with a lot more guitars and Jon singing. But I like it. Then again, I like a lot of Britney's fast paced songs. She's got very good, slick production. I wish Bon Jovi would do an album with Max Martin as producer. This almost happened for Crush.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 06:27:09 PM by POPmetal » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: