Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 03:09:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  the Bon Jovi thread
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the Bon Jovi thread  (Read 193182 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1580 on: March 02, 2009, 04:39:05 PM »

HAPPY 47th Birthday Jon Bon Jovi!!!!!!!!!!!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
kmorgan
Rocker

« Reply #1581 on: March 02, 2009, 10:57:47 PM »

I may be the only human in the history of the world that is in love with both Jon Bon Jovi and Axl Rose.  I have loved Bon Jovi as long as I have GnR.  I'm actually sort of known for how much I love them around these parts.  Big contrast, I know, but what can I say?

I've seen Bon Jovi twice, once right out of high school in the 90's and once as an adult, married woman.  Took my husband to the second, and he is a huge Metallica fan, ("Kill Bon Jovi" and all that).  He had to admit after seeing them live, that they put on a hell of a show, and he discovered a new found respect for them.  Totally worth the money, and the next time they come to Dallas, and everytime thereafter,  I'm there.
kmorgan
Rocker

« Reply #1582 on: March 02, 2009, 10:59:08 PM »

HAPPY 47th Birthday Jon Bon Jovi!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to tell all of my students about his birthday today!  They said he was old; I showed them his picture; they said he was hot!  I said what I've been telling everyone for years:  "I told ya so!"
Jada
« Reply #1583 on: March 03, 2009, 01:05:34 PM »

I used to like Bon Jovi a lot when I was younger. But I've grown up, and listened to so many other artists since then that most of their songs sound kinda sappy and naive now.  I still love their These Days album (although I rarely listen to it), but it's more like a trip to my past than anything else.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1584 on: March 03, 2009, 06:38:12 PM »

I may be the only human in the history of the world that is in love with both Jon Bon Jovi and Axl Rose.  I have loved Bon Jovi as long as I have GnR.  I'm actually sort of known for how much I love them around these parts.  Big contrast, I know, but what can I say?

I've seen Bon Jovi twice, once right out of high school in the 90's and once as an adult, married woman.  Took my husband to the second, and he is a huge Metallica fan, ("Kill Bon Jovi" and all that).  He had to admit after seeing them live, that they put on a hell of a show, and he discovered a new found respect for them.  Totally worth the money, and the next time they come to Dallas, and everytime thereafter,  I'm there.

I thought I was the only one

Prince is right up there also to make a hell of a trio

kmorgan
Rocker

« Reply #1585 on: March 03, 2009, 10:57:03 PM »

Like Julia Roberts says in Pretty Woman, "Gotta love Prince!"  (Or something like that!)  One of my first records was Prince- You Got the Look.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1586 on: April 05, 2009, 10:26:21 PM »

Bon Jovi Sue Tribute Band
by Paul Cashmere - April 5 2009
photo by Ros O'Gorman

Bon Jovi appears to have sunk to a new low - suing a covers band.

A legal letter from the law firm Blakely Sokoloff Taylor & Zafman to the girl group Blonde Jovi has surfaced and states, ?It has recently come to our attention that your band is using the mark and name BLONDE JOVI in connection with live musical performances; more specifically, a Bon Jovi tribute band. Our investigation also uncovered that you are using BJP?s ?Heart and Dagger? Logo trademark prominently on your website. Unfortunately, and despite the fact that our client appreciates the reverence that your band pays tribute to Bon Jovi, as a tribute band, our client nevertheless is charged with the duty of enforcing its trademark rights. In this regard, BJP cannot allow your band to use the mark and name BLONDE JOVI (or any other BJP trademarks), as such use creates a likelihood of confusion with our client, and capitalizes on the goodwill and reputation of its well-known marks?.

Is Jon Bon Jovi for real or does he well and truly have his head stuck up his own arse?

A girl-group playing in tiny venues who are paying homage to their heroes ?creates a likelihood of confusion? with one of the biggest rock bands in the world.

This is arrogance at its greatest. Bon Jovi should be ashamed of themselves for putting their pitbull lawyers onto a group who obviously adore the band.

?In view of the above, we demand, on behalf of our client, that you and your band immediately (i) cease and desist any and all further use of the mark and name BLONDE JOVI, or any other mark or name similar to our client?s BON JOVI mark, in any manner?.

This line cracked me up. ?We have no objection to your use of the word BLONDE as long as it is not used in combination with JOVI?.

If this is the attitude of Bon Jovi a cease and desist is definitely in order. Fans should cease and desist listening to their music, cease and desist buying their music and cease and desist going to their concerts.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1587 on: April 05, 2009, 10:54:24 PM »

It sounds to me like its all about drawing a line, if they let one tribute band use there logo then who can they tell that they cant use it? You let one person use it you will have tons of others...beside isnt that what trademark logos and such are for? and it says exactly to the contrary of what you said, In the letter it says Bon Jovi thanks the band for there interest in there music and being a tribute band to them but has to do this anyways...big deal?

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1588 on: April 05, 2009, 10:57:24 PM »

It sounds to me like its all about drawing a line, if they let one tribute band use there logo then who can they tell that they cant use it? You let one person use it you will have tons of others...beside isnt that what trademark logos and such are for? and it says exactly to the contrary of what you said, In the letter it says Bon Jovi thanks the band for there interest in there music and being a tribute band to them but has to do this anyways...big deal?
Just so we're clear, that was the article, all the reporters feelings, not my words.  I actually think the reporter was clearly anti Bon Jovi there and went with that agenda.  I can see some of his points, but overall, I think he went a little too over the top.

I forgot to add the link to the article, so here it is just in case.

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=7963

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
kmorgan
Rocker

« Reply #1589 on: April 05, 2009, 11:03:21 PM »

[/quote]Just so we're clear, that was the article, all the reporters feelings, not my words.  I actually think the reporter was clearly anti Bon Jovi there and went with that agenda.  I can see some of his points, but overall, I think he went a little too over the top.

I forgot to add the link to the article, so here it is just in case.

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=7963
[/quote]

I'm glad you set that straight.  I couldn't tell where the article ended, and thought the last few remarks were your own!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1590 on: April 05, 2009, 11:07:43 PM »

Yeah, I completely forgot to add the link and I went back and read the post and saw how it could be taken that way.  I think that reporter has it in for Jon, at least it seems that way.  Not a fan, I guess.

kmorgan
Rocker

« Reply #1591 on: April 05, 2009, 11:14:18 PM »

Yeah, I completely forgot to add the link and I went back and read the post and saw how it could be taken that way.  I think that reporter has it in for Jon, at least it seems that way.  Not a fan, I guess.

And why would anyone have it out for Jon???  He's perfect, don't ya know?   love
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1592 on: April 05, 2009, 11:23:33 PM »

And why would anyone have it out for Jon???  He's perfect, don't ya know?   love
I think maybe that's why the reporter has it out for him.  I sensed a little jealousy in his words.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1593 on: April 05, 2009, 11:25:44 PM »

the girl group Blonde Jovi

Thanks, that made me laugh.  Cheesy

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
kmorgan
Rocker

« Reply #1594 on: April 05, 2009, 11:37:24 PM »

I think maybe that's why the reporter has it out for him.  I sensed a little jealousy in his words.

THAT would explain it!
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #1595 on: April 06, 2009, 02:03:27 AM »

The band has already recorded 10 new songs, done with final mix and all ! Obie O' Brien just annouced it on their official site. beer

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
kmorgan
Rocker

« Reply #1596 on: April 06, 2009, 10:37:40 AM »

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1597 on: April 06, 2009, 02:24:53 PM »

Good, Tribute bands are the lowest form of musician, they aren't even  musicians, they are fucking parasites.

New BOn Jovi album! WHat a FUCKING YEAR!!!!!!!!!!

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1598 on: April 07, 2009, 10:47:58 AM »

Blonde Jovi Change Their Name

by Paul Cashmere - April 7 2009

All-girl Bon Jovi covers band Blonde Jovi have changed their name after being bullied by the Bon Jovi`s lawyers and threatened with legal action.

In what comes across as a complete piece of celebrity arrogance, Blonde Jovi were issued with a legal letter demanding they change their name because it ?creates a likelihood of confusion? with the supergroup.

The letter from legal firm Blakely Sokoloff Taylor & Zafman stated that ?In view of the above, we demand, on behalf of our client, that you and your band immediately (i) cease and desist any and all further use of the mark and name BLONDE JOVI, or any other mark or name similar to our client?s BON JOVI mark, in any manner?.

The demand was even more pathetic when it stated that, ?We have no objection to your use of the word BLONDE as long as it is not used in combination with JOVI.?

Blonde Jovi will now be known as Blonde Jersey but they could have been called Boob Jovi.

At a posting at their MySpace site, in a mood described as ?pissed off?, the band has issued the following statement:

?Due to threatened legal action by Jon Bon Jovi's attorneys, we will no longer be using the name BLONDE JOVI. We are temporarily calling ourselves BLONDE JERSEY, until we come up with a new name. If you have any name suggestions, please email us! Nothing containing JOVI, or anything similar to JOVI may be used so BLONDE GIOVI, BLONDE JOE V, BLONDE JOVIE, are not options. Thanks for your support!?

?Too bad we didn't go with our original name idea of BOOB JOVI!?.

Too bad indeed but then again, maybe its better to leave that one for Jon to change his band?s name too.

http://www.undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=7982

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1599 on: April 07, 2009, 10:59:14 AM »

It is a little harshm  I mean, WTF does a band that big have to lose to a all female tribute act...

html sucks
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: