Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 06:23:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  the Bon Jovi thread
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the Bon Jovi thread  (Read 193804 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1560 on: October 14, 2008, 12:21:32 AM »

They look nothing alike.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1561 on: October 14, 2008, 12:29:12 AM »

What's funny is, that song is probably one of the worst BJ songs on the album and 400 billion dollars?

HAHAHA that is fucking STUPID

I could see suing for a million or two, but 400 billion?

That is just insane and he will be laughed out of court.

Bon Jovi's Attorneys will rip this guy to shreds and he better watch and not fuck around and get hit with a counter "Slander" lawsuit.

cause essentially what he is doing is calling Jon a plagarist and that could be damaging to his career. So this fuck better hope he can prove this or he may find himself in a world of shit.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1562 on: October 14, 2008, 12:34:22 AM »

http://bestofboston.boston.tv/

Go to Bart Steele mad fan to hear his song............  hihi hihi hihi hihi

Bon Jovi's

Only thing similiar is the line but fuck how many songs have the same line? Crazy shit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIXNOGK5dg8
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 12:36:27 AM by D » Logged

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1563 on: October 14, 2008, 01:10:52 AM »

What's funny is, that song is probably one of the worst BJ songs on the album and 400 billion dollars?

HAHAHA that is fucking STUPID

I could see suing for a million or two, but 400 billion?

That is just insane and he will be laughed out of court.

Bon Jovi's Attorneys will rip this guy to shreds and he better watch and not fuck around and get hit with a counter "Slander" lawsuit.

cause essentially what he is doing is calling Jon a plagarist and that could be damaging to his career. So this fuck better hope he can prove this or he may find himself in a world of shit.

I think he's looking for his own government bailout.  hihi
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #1564 on: October 14, 2008, 01:59:09 AM »

$400B? This is going to get thrown out of court...

Fuck 'Em All.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1565 on: October 14, 2008, 06:34:11 AM »

Whoever first wrote the lines "one for the money, two for the show" in a song could sue about 400 billion bands at once then if that case actually won.

html sucks
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #1566 on: October 17, 2008, 05:27:14 PM »

wow my brother showed me that story and i couldn't believe it!  I told him it was fake because of the ridiculous amount of money this chump wants.  He thinks he can get 400 billion and keep 4 billion for himself?  That sucker can't even dream of winning a 4 million dollar lawsuit, he won't get a penny im betting.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1567 on: December 10, 2008, 09:17:28 AM »

Ouch!  Looks like they're ripping off Bon Jovi fan club members (Jon's brother that is).

http://the-screen-door.blogspot.com/2008/12/bon-jovi-fan-club-proves-itself-to-be.html

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1568 on: December 10, 2008, 05:51:55 PM »

Thats actually quite  a lot of fallacies on that article.

Fan Club members who purchased those tickets got led to the STAGE and got to stand stage side for 2 songs while Jon Came over and pretty much sang right in their faces.

The Christmas thing has always been for charity so its not like they are pocketing the 275 dollar tickets.

The cool thing about this country is............ if u think its too expensive DONT PAY FOR IT

seems last tour no one minded a bit.

Shit, i was in the RHCP fan club and I got fucking seats in the damn balcony.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1569 on: December 10, 2008, 09:36:20 PM »

Reading some of the comments at the end of the article by fan club members, they don't sound too pleased with the operation to me.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1570 on: December 10, 2008, 09:37:25 PM »

Reading some of the comments at the end of the article by fan club members, they don't sound too pleased with the operation to me.

I will take your word as the absolute truth, Faldor.

(No sarcasm whatsoever.)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1571 on: December 11, 2008, 12:44:02 AM »

Im not saying the fanclub thing doesn't suck. It use to be ran by Jon's mother and back then it was pretty tip top. They would get bracelets upon walking into the arena and they had a special area etc.

Since Jon's brother took it over, he probably is trying to gain a bit off his brother.

Shit happens.

Isn't that what they say? if u don't like it, don't be in it.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1572 on: December 12, 2008, 04:03:24 PM »

Bon Jovi's Lost Highway tour tops the list of the biggest tours for 2008, based on data reported to Billboard Boxscore from Nov. 14, 2007, through Nov. 11, 2008. The trek, promoted in North America and Europe by AEG Live, grossed $210.6 million and drew 2,157,675 fans.

In second place is Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band's Magic tour, which grossed $204.5 million for the period. Springsteen reported another $31 million for last year, taking his two-year Boxscore total to more than $235 million.

Rounding out the top 10 are Madonna ($162 million for the still-underway Sticky & Sweet tour), the Police ($150 million on the second leg of their reunion tour), Celine Dion ($91 million), Kenny Chesney ($86 million), Neil Diamond ($81.2 million), Spice Girls ($70 million), Eagles ($56.6 million) and Rascal Flatts ($55.8 million).

The Spice Girls' 17 sellouts at the O2 Arena last December-January were the highest-grossing engagement of the year, taking in $33.8 million and drawing 256,647. Other top Boxscores for the year were Celine Dion at the Bell Centre in Montreal ($23.1 million), Madonna at Stade de France in Paris ($17.6 million), Bonnaroo in Manchester, Tenn. (about $17 million), and Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J. ($14.2 million).

For the overall touring industry, grosses reported to Billboard Boxscore totaled slightly less than $4 billion worldwide, the most ever for a year and up almost 13% over last year.

But global reported concert attendance is virtually flat, with 6% fewer shows. And North American concert attendance is down nearly 2%, after a nearly 20% decrease last year, continuing a troubling trend. Better news is evident on a show-by-show basis; the average box office gross in North America is up 18% and average attendance is up 6.3%, reflecting that some of the attendance decline can be attributed to a decrease in the overall show count.

robd788
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1573 on: January 08, 2009, 05:13:22 AM »

The band are currently in the studio recording a new album and also a greates hits due out at the end of the year.  A tour will happen at the end of this year with European dates next summer as usual.

The new album is meant to be a 'rock' record.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #1574 on: January 08, 2009, 05:51:46 AM »

I thought they said that about Lost Highway as well.

I'd love to hear another "rock" record from these guys again. When I saw them in concert on the Lost Highway tour, I was blown away at how well Richie can still shred the old songs. Surely he must be bored playing the new laidback country style stuff.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1575 on: February 21, 2009, 12:42:50 PM »

Jon is going bald

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=7673

by Music-News.com - February 21 2009
photo by Ros O'Gorman

The worst thing possible that can happen to a hair band singer is happening to Jon Bon Jovi, He is going bald.

The 46-year-old rocker - who was famed for his luxurious mullet in the 80s - is so horrified by his receding hairline, he massages his scalp every day to encourage it to grow back.

He said: "Oh, let me tell you, I am so worried. I look at guys like Sting and think, 'Well, he's cool about losing his hair,' but I'm already losing a bit and I'm so aware of it.

"Someone told me that you have to regularly massage your scalp so I do that all the time. You look like a jerk but it's got to be worth a shot."

Bon Jovi is a fan of alternative therapies.

His singing coach recently revealed she kills chickens to cure the 'Livin' on a Prayer' star's vocal problems.

Katie Agresta - who has worked with Steven Tyler, Cyndi Lauper and Lenny Kravitz - is known for her 'Voodoo Voice' techniques which she uses to combat musician's ailments.

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1576 on: February 21, 2009, 12:47:07 PM »

braid it  ok
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1577 on: February 21, 2009, 12:58:33 PM »

I'd love to hear another "rock" record from these guys again. When I saw them in concert on the Lost Highway tour, I was blown away at how well Richie can still shred the old songs. Surely he must be bored playing the new laidback country style stuff.

I remember Jon on Larry King saying it was going to be a more Nashville influenced record on Lost Highway

I'd like to see them dig deep and come up with some killer less poppy anthems.

Jon has been losing it a bit for years. He is getting more of the Eddie Vedder Hairline though. Not really going bald, just receding on the sides a bit.

Whatever the voice woman has done, has worked wonders as on the last tour he was actually nailing the high notes again.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1578 on: February 21, 2009, 01:08:45 PM »

I remember Jon on Larry King saying it was going to be a more Nashville influenced record on Lost Highway

I'd like to see them dig deep and come up with some killer less poppy anthems.

Jon has been losing it a bit for years. He is getting more of the Eddie Vedder Hairline though. Not really going bald, just receding on the sides a bit.

Whatever the voice woman has done, has worked wonders as on the last tour he was actually nailing the high notes again.
Yeah i don't get that one.  How the hell does killing chickens help his voice out?

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1579 on: February 21, 2009, 01:50:48 PM »

I am really hoping that was suppose to be satirical.

U never know though hihi

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: