Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 07:11:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  the Bon Jovi thread
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the Bon Jovi thread  (Read 193823 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1520 on: May 01, 2008, 02:38:22 PM »

Vocals are awesome now

Nothing like the lackluster Crush to HAND vocals

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
robd788
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1521 on: May 01, 2008, 05:14:26 PM »

Vocals are awesome now

Nothing like the lackluster Crush to HAND vocals

Yeah you can definitely tell hes been working on them thats why they are pulling always out of the bag again!!!

Jons vocals are way better than the bounce and HAND tour, I should know I went to enough shows!!

Rob
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #1522 on: May 01, 2008, 09:26:14 PM »

yet another member of BonJovi to grace the Reality TV world...much to D's joy i imagine  hihi peace First Jon on Idol..... Now Ritchie to be on the next Rock Of Love....oh joy  nervous

Sambora To Replace Michaels on 'Rock of Love'?
Richie Sambora reportedly is set to replace Bret Michaels in the next season of TV dating show "Rock of Love."

Poison frontman Michaels recently wrapped season two when he chose wannabe actress Ambre Lake as the winner and his new girlfriend.

Despite the first season being exposed as a fraud -- the winning contestant already had a boyfriend -- Michaels and Lake insists this time it is for real, and they are handing the show over to another single star.

Bon Jovi guitarist Sambora 48, has been single since his April 2007 divorce from actress Heather Locklear and a short-lived romance with Locklear's former pal Denise Richards ended last year.

And TV bosses want to help him find love. A source tells OK! magazine, "He's perfect for TV. If you thought Bret (Michaels) was must see TV, you ain't seen anything yet. Richie is going to be a train wreck looking for love."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/detail?blogid=7&entry_id=26137

robd788
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1523 on: May 02, 2008, 06:34:36 AM »

Actually this is a false rumour.

Someone asked the Q&A service on bonjovi.com and its not true.

Rob
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1524 on: May 02, 2008, 12:39:45 PM »

Richie wouldn't do a show like that. I know its all gossip and BS.

Although it would be cool if it happened.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #1525 on: May 02, 2008, 06:49:29 PM »

i figured it was crap...but i heard it on the radio so i figured i'd post it  hihi

lately i'm stuck on the Young Guns II soundtrack...its fucking brilliant Blaze of Glory, Billy Get Your Guns, Santa Fe, Blood Money

such a fuckign fantastic Album..and Slippery is awesome too...let it rock is sweet  smoking

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1526 on: May 02, 2008, 06:57:14 PM »

Blaze of GLory album really shows Jon's songwriting abilities. He wrote the entire album himself.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #1527 on: May 02, 2008, 07:00:47 PM »

Blaze of GLory album really shows Jon's songwriting abilities. He wrote the entire album himself.

yeah i used to have it on tape and i lost it long ago...but my yahoo music player started spinning tracks from it...now i gotta go get me a copy again...its amazing how close they were to a split at that point...or did they actually split? anyway i know Jon was pretty fucked up back then and richie too...i'm glad they ironed things out they compliment each other fatnastically...too bad its not that easy for everyone  no

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1528 on: May 02, 2008, 07:03:32 PM »

They were really burnt out and Richie and Jon Had a rift because Jon was more famous and made more money cause he was the only one technically signed to the label and the band were his employees pretty much. So they had a big rift out of that. When Jon made Blaze of Glory, the song was a number 1 hit and the album went triple platinum so Jon showed he didnt need the band and that I think woke the band up and made them realize they better work shit out.

Richie Sambora's "Stranger in this Town" CD is awesome as well.

NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #1529 on: May 03, 2008, 06:50:50 AM »

The whole band was signed. They just burned themselves out during the end of the Jersey Syndicate tour, and started to hte each other.
Then Jon went on to do Blaze Of Glory, and when the success of that album came, he was sad because the band wasn't there with him to celebrate ok

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #1530 on: May 03, 2008, 02:03:12 PM »

The band had an album in 84, 85, 86 and then again in 88.

That's 4 albums in 5 years, with an massive tour for SWW and for NJ. They split in 1989 I believe and it was just burn out. They played the last show on the NJ tour in Mexico and they all got on separate planes to separate places.

I love Bon Jovi, they will always be a top 5 band for me.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1531 on: May 11, 2008, 02:53:42 PM »

i was tempted to go see them when they came over here.

But then i saw the ticket prices. ?45 if i want OUT of the "golden circle" bullshit, and...wait for it ...

?95!!!!! if i want in the circle. what a pisstake and thats without postage fees and parking fees.

So sorry Jon, but i aint paying that over prices bullshit.

html sucks
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1532 on: May 17, 2008, 03:10:09 AM »

got tix to see them in at the garden in july...first time seeing them in 8 years...im hoping they play only like 2 songs off the last few records and overload us with "Slippery" and "New Jersey"...My friend said they played "wild is the wind" last year....good shit...not sure which show though..he went to all 10 of the shows that opened up that new arena in Newark N.J...thats right all 10...little crazy if you ask me
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1533 on: May 17, 2008, 11:11:10 AM »

I went to one of those shows in Jersey and they played WAY too much new stuff for me.  They did play all the staples pretty much, but I'm with you.  They could've played all of New Jersey and Slippery When Wet and I would've been happy.  They believe in their new material though, so there were a lot of beer/bathroom breaks for me that night.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1534 on: May 22, 2008, 03:11:33 AM »

just saw the 60 Minutes interview with Bon Jovi...that is how a band is supposed to be run....like a well oiled machine...other bands could learn a few things from him
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1535 on: May 27, 2008, 06:01:48 PM »

The whole band was signed. They just burned themselves out during the end of the Jersey Syndicate tour, and started to hte each other.
Then Jon went on to do Blaze Of Glory, and when the success of that album came, he was sad because the band wasn't there with him to celebrate ok

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_video/main500251.shtml?id=4105439n&channel=/sections/60minutes/videoplayer3415.shtml

Jon is the only one signed to the contract

check out the 60 minutes interview and they confirm it

I remember readin that and hearing that years ago and that was a big part of the split in 90. They of course were burnt out but Richie was upset that the label loved Jon more than him even though he had just as big a part of the success.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1536 on: May 28, 2008, 01:21:30 AM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_video/main500251.shtml?id=4105439n&channel=/sections/60minutes/videoplayer3415.shtml

Jon is the only one signed to the contract

check out the 60 minutes interview and they confirm it

I remember readin that and hearing that years ago and that was a big part of the split in 90. They of course were burnt out but Richie was upset that the label loved Jon more than him even though he had just as big a part of the success.

yep youre right..Jon has always been the only one on the contract.....HE got signed for "Runaway".....that is where it all started
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #1537 on: May 28, 2008, 02:55:16 AM »

Appologies guys, I've seen the 60 minutes bit yesterday Wink

You learn stuffs everyday ! ok

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1538 on: June 30, 2008, 04:38:46 PM »

Bon Jovi Playing Free Central Park Show

June 30, 2008 , 12:05 PM ET

New York officials say Bon Jovi will play at a free concert in Central Park on July 12. The concert is billed as a prelude to the July 15 Major League Baseball All-Star game, which will highlight the final season at Yankee Stadium.

The event will be announced this afternoon during a press conference at New York's City Hall, including details of ticket distribution.

Bon Jovi wraps its North American tour with a July 14-15 stand at New York's Madison Square Garden.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003822319

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1539 on: June 30, 2008, 07:16:20 PM »

Damn that shit will be PACKED! Just read where they are filming a documentary! HOLY SHIT! i wanna see that!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 07:20:14 PM by D » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: