Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 03:52:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  the Bon Jovi thread
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the Bon Jovi thread  (Read 194184 times)
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #1480 on: March 20, 2008, 08:23:46 AM »

U gotta see where I am coming from on shit like this.

Im tired of Jimi Hendrix being the greatest guitarist just because its been repeated

I hate when people overrate history and make it impossible to surpass.

Take the new "Batman" movie for instance.

U already hear people saying how "There is no way Heath Ledger's joker can be better than Jack Nicholson

How the fuck can people say this when they havent even seen the god damn movie?

U know what Im sayin? Just drives me crazy how things are put on a pedestal and never change regardless.

I've listened to Zeppelin, I tried my absolute hardest to like them and I just think they are extremely overrated. Same with Hendrix. he is great but I dont think he is the best ever.

So what makes them the greatest?  So if something is complex and abstract its automatically great? thats bullshit cause it could be complete jibberish.

some of the greatest melodies in the history of music from Bach to Mozart to Beethoven are simple little melodies. I don't think u have to sing about super Deep weird subjects to be a great band.

Bon jovi write songs the listener can relate and appreciate. They tell stories of people's lives and are very uplifting.

I'll take that over some of the Led Zeppelin nonsense people make out to be the most amazing shit ever just to try to appear to be cool or smart.

U ask people who have never even listened to someone if they are good and they will say "hell yeah" they are the best without even knowing a song. guess whY? Cause they've heard it their whole fuckin life without questioning it.

Well I am questioning it cause I dont hear what everyone else hears.

I have spent my whole life in NJ. People here praise Bon Jovi without question the way you say people do Zeppelin. Doesn't change the fact that everything they've done post "These Days" sucks balls dry.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1481 on: March 20, 2008, 04:01:48 PM »

My point is:

If u have a vast knowledge of Led Zeppelin or Hendrix or whoever.

If u have their albums, u enjoy listening to them and u are educated enough to say "They are the greatest ever" that is fine.

Im just tired of people who have no clue and couldn't name u 10 songs by either spitting that they are the greatest just because its been repeated over and over and over so u say that for fear of looking stupid or dumb or musically uneducated.

I listen to both. I bought albums, gave them so many listens I cant count and they are good. I like some of the songs but Id rather listen to Bon Jovi anyday of the week.

U can say Zepp write more complex music than Bon Jovi

That still doesn't make it "Better"

Thats my point.

If u have knowledge and feel the way u feel, that is great and i can respect that.

It just seems history can never change simply cause people overrate it.

Just like sports or anything else.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #1482 on: March 21, 2008, 05:08:06 AM »

I have avoided this thread, but now that I know it is ok to give reasons ... because my first wife like them, I'll stop at that .Nevermind the rest.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #1483 on: March 21, 2008, 06:43:25 PM »

okay. i've heard a decent amount of bon jovi songs. they are alright.

i think the bottom line here is taste. bon jovi are safe. they are a "safe" rock band. simple as that. u won't see any swears in their songs, and i doubt they will ever put out a concept album or doing anything really edgy or daring.

personally, i like bands that are a little more musically challenging and interesting. i like simple stuff like bruce springsteen, U2,etc.

but i also adore Nine inch Nails, The Cure, Tool, A Perfect Circle, Smashing Pumpkins, Marilyn Manson, and Pink Floyd. these artists take real chances, create stunning, musically complex albums that i like.

now i know D is going to attack me for using the word "complex" and say that just because its complex doesnt necessarily make it "better" than bon jovi. but in my opinion, and in alot of other peoples opinions, who are probably fans of the bands i've mentioned, that does make it better.

i am sick of simple 3 minute pop songs and overdramatic love ballads. the radio is full of them, they've been churned out of the music industry for decades now.. and bon jovi happen to have alot of them.  i want something different.

there i said my piece.

D, i respect your opinion, but i just feel differently.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 06:48:00 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1484 on: March 21, 2008, 07:24:40 PM »

^
Thats a good fair post.

U gave them a chance and a lot of your assessments are accurate. They aren't a complex band, they are "Safe" I agree completely.

Of Course I dont know how safe it can be considered to make a country album.

Bon Jovi are what they are. They never rode any trends or did what they arent.

They have stayed true to who they are.

Jon isn't a drug addicted, suicidal,depressed guy so why would his music be?

Bon Jovi are awesome though, Their songs are very uplifting, very sing a longable and u can relate very well with them.

I never said they were a more complex band, but I think the complex concept album is overrated.

I think its equally if not HARDER to write an Anthem and an Iconic staple of a song in music history than it is to write a Concept album that is very abstract and doesn't make a lot of sense.

So they should get credit for what they have been able to accomplish.

I can accept someone saying they dont like Bon jovi or they dont feel they are the greatest. but to deny their talent and say they arent a great band is unacceptable because u dont have a 25 year successful career by accident.

U can fool people for a few years but u arent going to for 2 and a half decades.

If Bon Jovi had no substance and had no songwriting and music ablity and were as shitty as some claim, there is no way they'd still be thriving 25 years later.

That to me cannot be argued with.

Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #1485 on: March 21, 2008, 08:44:42 PM »

^
Of Course I dont know how safe it can be considered to make a country album.

Because On their previous album they released a country sounding song that was their biggest hit in a few years. Plus the fact that a large majority of rock fans and most other types of music download illegally and most fans of country music are middleaged and either don't know how to obtain it via the internet or don't care to. Seems safe to me.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #1486 on: March 21, 2008, 09:48:23 PM »

okay. i've heard a decent amount of bon jovi songs. they are alright.

i think the bottom line here is taste. bon jovi are safe. they are a "safe" rock band. simple as that. u won't see any swears in their songs, and i doubt they will ever put out a concept album or doing anything really edgy or daring.

personally, i like bands that are a little more musically challenging and interesting. i like simple stuff like bruce springsteen, U2,etc.

but i also adore Nine inch Nails, The Cure, Tool, A Perfect Circle, Smashing Pumpkins, Marilyn Manson, and Pink Floyd. these artists take real chances, create stunning, musically complex albums that i like.

now i know D is going to attack me for using the word "complex" and say that just because its complex doesnt necessarily make it "better" than bon jovi. but in my opinion, and in alot of other peoples opinions, who are probably fans of the bands i've mentioned, that does make it better.

i am sick of simple 3 minute pop songs and overdramatic love ballads. the radio is full of them, they've been churned out of the music industry for decades now.. and bon jovi happen to have alot of them.  i want something different.

there i said my piece.

D, i respect your opinion, but i just feel differently.

The Kinks managed both.  Smiley

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1487 on: March 26, 2008, 02:42:18 PM »

TMZ has learned Richie Sambora was arrested for DUI in Laguna Beach, Calif.

Law enforcement sources tell us the Bon Jovi guitarist was pulled over by the Laguna Beach PD just before 11:00 PM last night. Cops say they observed him driving erratically in a black Hummer and pulled him over. He failed numerous field sobriety tests and was detained for DUI.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1488 on: March 26, 2008, 02:45:28 PM »

TMZ has learned Richie Sambora was arrested for DUI in Laguna Beach, Calif.

Law enforcement sources tell us the Bon Jovi guitarist was pulled over by the Laguna Beach PD just before 11:00 PM last night. Cops say they observed him driving erratically in a black Hummer and pulled him over. He failed numerous field sobriety tests and was detained for DUI.

They have his booking photo:

http://www.tmz.com/2008/03/26/richie-off-the-wagon-popped-for-dui/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1489 on: March 26, 2008, 05:22:42 PM »

What a bad boy....

Nevermind that he's an alcoholic, but I still don't understand why wealthy people can't hire a driver or hail a cab in situations as such....
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1490 on: March 26, 2008, 05:48:56 PM »

Sambora Could Be Charged with Endangering Kid

Posted Mar 26th 2008 5:00PM by TMZ Staff

Richie Sambora could be criminally charged with child endangerment.

Richie Sambora was busted for DUI with his 10-year-old daughter Ava in the car, along with another juvenile and another adult -- a woman. If Sambora was driving drunk, he could be charged with endangering the two kids.

Police sources tell us Sambora has not been charged with endangerment but the Laguna Beach P.D. is "actively investigating."

And, police sources say, after Sambora was busted, the cops called Heather Locklear, Ava's mom. We're told Heather authorized the woman in the car to drive her daughter home.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1491 on: March 27, 2008, 05:02:02 AM »

Not too bright there Richie.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #1492 on: April 08, 2008, 02:57:47 AM »

Amazing performance of I'll Be There For You by Richie Sambora. And some great solo's too peace

I'll Be There For You - Richie Sambora on lead vocals

He's really going for it in this one.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
slash1213
Rocker

GNR42

« Reply #1493 on: April 10, 2008, 11:20:23 PM »

I got first row ticket, yeah that's right, ONE ticket, BUT IT IS FIRST ROW  peace Is it weird of me wanting to go see it by myself?? well, the reason is nobody I know like them.. and I saw them back in 2006 and I got blown away. I m pretty sure if I put it up for sale on EBAY , I could sell it for 600 or more. BUT I just F... want to go.. and I hope they play this one Blood on Blood, it's just awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGZELm2A7ZU

11-30-1992 Bogota, Colombia
05-14-2006 New York, NY
10-24-2006 Sunrise, FL
10-27-2006 Estero, FL
11-10-2006 New York, NY
10-29-2011 Miami, FL
12-31-2011 Las Vegas
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1494 on: April 11, 2008, 01:18:29 AM »

Proves why they are one of the greatest bands of all time.

Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #1495 on: April 11, 2008, 02:26:30 AM »

Not a chance. Overhyped yes.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #1496 on: April 11, 2008, 06:15:56 AM »

Not a chance. Overhyped yes.

Overhyped ? You gotta be kidding. They're so fucking under rated, that's what they are.

They have never been critics darling but people love them, and they respect their audiences and give all they got back to them. That's why I respect that band so much.

And not mentionning all they're doing for the community. And that is a lot.

I'll be seing them two times this summer, in Belgium and in the UK.

I'm sure it will be a blast, as always peace

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #1497 on: April 12, 2008, 11:39:05 AM »

Overpriced tickets makes a band good? Holy shit! Definitely news to me.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1498 on: April 12, 2008, 12:50:40 PM »

I got first row ticket, yeah that's right, ONE ticket, BUT IT IS FIRST ROW  peace Is it weird of me wanting to go see it by myself?? well, the reason is nobody I know like them.. and I saw them back in 2006 and I got blown away. I m pretty sure if I put it up for sale on EBAY , I could sell it for 600 or more. BUT I just F... want to go.. and I hope they play this one Blood on Blood, it's just awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGZELm2A7ZU

No it's not weird. Go get yours!

SLCPUNK
« Reply #1499 on: April 12, 2008, 12:52:46 PM »

I liked Bon Jovi back in the day, but am not interested in them now. I am curious though, why so many people are in a thread trying to sell how much they suck to those who are fans. If you don't like them, why are you here?

Some threads I avoid, because I think the band sucks. What's there to say?
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: