Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 07:52:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  the Bon Jovi thread
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the Bon Jovi thread  (Read 194395 times)
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #1420 on: March 01, 2008, 04:32:55 PM »

Cause when u do go to the concert, its nice to have no clue as to what u are gonna hear. . . . . . . .
I read the setlists for every show and knew what to expect in the encore.

Don't those two statements kind of contradict themselves?

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1421 on: March 01, 2008, 04:36:59 PM »

^
No No

Every band has kind of a skeleton outline. U know u are gonna hear this and this and this. The encore in the first segment were somewhat the same *rest of setlist wasn't*  So when they came out with an extra encore, it was really a shock.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
lakersaregreat
Ever get the feeling you've seen me here before?
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #1422 on: March 02, 2008, 06:04:26 PM »

Could u imagine being at a GNR show and they break out Civil War or Estranged or something. Are u kiddin me? that would be the greatest thing ever because u totally wouldn't expect it.

Hell, look at the reaction Dont Cry got. I havent seen anything like it in a long time.

Or have them play an acoustic show in a club or play a few surprise covers like Sway, Sailing or Back In The USSR!

Imagine that!

/jarmo

I agree with you here, but just to be fair, they played those two covers in london because axl was sick and they needed to fill out the set. I thought you would have known that. And, no, Im not complaining that they did those covers, just stating why they played them.

Drink n' drive white lightning, faster baby...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1423 on: March 02, 2008, 06:17:51 PM »

I agree with you here, but just to be fair, they played those two covers in london because axl was sick and they needed to fill out the set. I thought you would have known that. And, no, Im not complaining that they did those covers, just stating why they played them.

If you intend to correct me, get your facts straight.  ok

Sway, Sailing and Back In The USSR were played at the July 29th, 2006 show. Not two, but three surprise covers.

They played You Gotta Move with Del and Izzy singing the day after (30th). That was the day Axl wasn't feeling 100%.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1424 on: March 02, 2008, 06:38:05 PM »

I always love when Bon Jovi throw in medleys of covers with their songs.

I remember a version of "Brown Sugar" they did that was amazing! and went right back into "Sleep When Im Dead"

They will combine Bad Medicine and Shout which is awesome and now KOHD with Blaze of Glory.

Id love to hear GNR do that.

Could u imagine goin from I dont know maybe Nightrain into a little bit of Ace of Spades or something crazy back into Nightrain

I always liked when Axl did those song intro's into NR and SCOM.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1425 on: March 02, 2008, 06:58:16 PM »

yeah some of axls intros to Sweet child were epic. i love the paris show intro. Duff sounds like he is playing the coma bass line while axl is singing.

html sucks
lakersaregreat
Ever get the feeling you've seen me here before?
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #1426 on: March 03, 2008, 10:02:42 AM »

If you intend to correct me, get your facts straight.  ok

Sway, Sailing and Back In The USSR were played at the July 29th, 2006 show. Not two, but three surprise covers.

They played You Gotta Move with Del and Izzy singing the day after (30th). That was the day Axl wasn't feeling 100%.

/jarmo

he wasnt feeling well during the show on the 29th either. im surprised you dont know that. thats why the secret gig started so late...please get your facts straight before you write.  ok

Drink n' drive white lightning, faster baby...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1427 on: March 03, 2008, 12:11:10 PM »

Not to interject into this argument because it really doesn't belong in the Bon Jovi thread, but hoq does Axl singing 3 covers equate to him not feeling well and thus not being able to sing GNR songs?  Your argument doesn't seem to make sense.  He didn't feel well so in order to cut the show short they did 3 surprise covers?  If he wasn't feeling well and needed to cut the show short, why do THREE songs the audience wouldn't expect anyway?  Maybe I'm missing something .  Please, educate me.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1428 on: March 03, 2008, 04:32:03 PM »

Good points faldor....

hihi

I'm also curious about the logic in that.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1429 on: March 03, 2008, 07:01:41 PM »

Yeah that argument makes no sense at all.

Axl doesn't feel well, so he is gonna play 3 cover songs.

If Axl didnt feel well and sit down for a 3 song acoustic cover set would anyone mind?

I dont think so.

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1430 on: March 10, 2008, 07:13:38 PM »

Uncasville, CT - Mohegan Sun Arena - 3/08/08

LOST HIGHWAY
BAD NAME
WILD IN THE STREETS
CAPT. CRASH
I GET A RUSH
SLEEP w/ Dancin' In The Streets
SUMMERTIME
I GOT THE GIRL
SATURDAY NIGHT
BLOOD MONEY
BLAZE OF GLORY w/ Daughtry
WHOLE LOT OF LEAVIN'
BORN TO BE MY BABY
WE GOT IT GOIN' ON
IT'S MY LIFE
BAD MEDICINE w/ Shout
THESE DAYS - RICHIE VOX
(YOU WANT TO) MAKE A MEMORY
I'LL BE THERE FOR YOU
TILL WE AIN'T STRANGERS ANYMORE
WHO SAYS YOU CAN'T GO HOME
HAVE A NICE DAY
FAITH
PRAYER

ENCORE:
HALLELUJAH
WANTED
TWIST & SHOUT

Wow Blaze Of Glory with Daughtry? I'd love to see that
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 08:01:27 PM by Malcolm » Logged

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1431 on: March 10, 2008, 07:35:11 PM »

That one song is "I Get A Rush" its an unreleased BSide that was on their boxset. its awesome

I cant believe they played Blood Money.

Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #1432 on: March 10, 2008, 09:27:51 PM »

they always suprise

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1433 on: March 11, 2008, 11:23:06 AM »

A couple underated gems from "Crush"

Capt Crash is an awesome Bon Jovi song u don't hear people mention. but its really a great song.

I got the Girl is also pretty nice.

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #1434 on: March 12, 2008, 06:00:29 PM »

Toronto, Ontario - Air Canada Centre - 3/10/08

LOST HIGHWAY
BAD NAME
WILD IN THE STREETS
CAPT. CRASH
I GET A RUSH
SLEEP w/ Jumpin' Jack Flash
SUMMERTIME
I GOT THE GIRL
BLAZE OF GLORY w/ Daughtry - Knockin' On Heaven's Door intro
WHOLE LOT OF LEAVIN'
BORN TO BE MY BABY
WE GOT IT GOIN' ON
IT'S MY LIFE
BAD MEDICINE w/ Shout
THESE DAYS - RICHIE VOX
(YOU WANT TO) MAKE A MEMORY
I'LL BE THERE FOR YOU
TILL WE AIN'T STRANGERS ANYMORE
WHO SAYS YOU CAN'T GO HOME
HAVE A NICE DAY
FAITH
PRAYER

ENCORE:
HALLELUJAH
WANTED
I LOVE THIS TOWN

Bon Jovi To Set Record With Five Shows At ACC

Bon Jovi have been making hit records for decades, but it's another sort of record they're after in Toronto.

The New Jersey rock vets have set up shop in Toronto again this week, with plans to cap an unprecedented run of five shows at the Air Canada Centre on the same tour.

But there's more. The guys say their fifth performance will also feature prizes for fans, rare rock giveaways including a trip for two to London, England to a flat-screen television.

Winners will be selected at random from the sure-to-be boisterous crowd, and those few lucky fans could also win Toronto Raptors tickets and band merchandise.

As for what to expect from the show: "A big rock show," promised the band's keyboardist David. "All the songs that you know and love, new ones and a bright, new shiny stage with a lot of video."

It's all part of a partnership with Maple Leaf Sports And Entertainment, which runs the arena and confirmed that Bon Jovi would be the first artist to ever play five nights at the venue.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1435 on: March 13, 2008, 01:55:13 AM »

^

Its a shame people dont consider them one of the greatest bands Ever.

What more do they have to do seriously?

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1436 on: March 13, 2008, 07:04:12 AM »

Its a shame people dont consider them one of the greatest bands Ever.

D-

Alot of people do. The attendance figures speak for themselves. Outside of the likes of a reunited Floyd, Zeppelin, and maybe the Rolling Stones and Springsteen; what band other rock band on the planet right now can play a run of shows like that or still be a legitimate stadium act?

In November 2007 they played 10 consecutive SOLD OUT shows at the Prudential arena in New Jersey. Outside of the ones I mentioned above, find me another band that could do half of that right now.

Tour attendance is a good barometer for the respect an artist garners. Most of the radio hit pop artists can't sell out small theaters this day in age, so this is one that can't be placed at the feet of record company promotion.

People still come out in droves almost 25 years later to see Bon Jovi because they have continued to make great music and they have continuously adapted and changed their sound to stay relevant. Poison is a contemporary from that era and they will struggle to put 10,000 butts in the seats in many markets when they tour later this year, as do many other bands from that era. The fact Bon Jovi has only increased their popularity over the past 20 years is a testament to the level of quality music they made. They would have flamed out like into a full blown nostalgia act like 98% of the rest of the bands of that era if their wasn't something more to their music.

Quite frankly I have never understood the lack of appreciation for them at a place like this board. For all the bluster about valuing artists wanting to push themselves to make different music and not just be content to make the same old AC/DC song over and over I can't see how Bon Jovi doesn't garner a greater level of respect. He has been a chameleon at progressing and adapting the sound of the band. They have made rock albums, poppier sounding albums, even had an album debut at #1 on the country charts. There is no arguing that they have a versatility to cut across genres with their sound that is possessed by few bands in the world today. Having that ability, and the nuts to try it is why they are as popular as they are today.

Much of the criticism they receive is prompted by jealousy deep down. It is much easier to point to everything under the sun as an excuse or justification as to why they are as insanely popular as they are (and still growing) than it is to man up and admit that is because they are super talented and have made timeless music. Corporate made artists don't play 5-10 nights in a row at large arenas and still sell out stadiums over 20 years into their existance. If they were all fluff and no substance they would have been exposed at some point over the past 25 years the way all the other flash in the pans have been.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1437 on: March 13, 2008, 10:40:50 AM »

i found there music to be pretty boring after keep the faith. I think keep the faith is a great album, its my favourite album by them.

I just find there music just boring and not very rocking after that. I havent heard EVERY post 1992 album. But ive heard a few, i actually like the SONG lost highway but the albums naff.

Im told bounce is a good album but im yet to hear.

also on the ac/dc note, its a classic sound and ac/dc rock for it, however i think bon jovi could have still implemented there change in styles...but kept a rock feel rather than going very tame.

html sucks
mesha
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1438 on: March 13, 2008, 01:40:00 PM »

What more do they have to do seriously?

nothing.....they are truly one of the greatest, the album these days alone puts them on the bench next to great ones like zeppelin,stones,beatles you name it and they have other albums that easily match up to it but most rock fans don't see that or don't want to.

the problem is that most rock fans think it's ''gay'' to like bon jovi cause of songs like ''bed of roses'' ''thank you for loving me'' ''i'll be there for you'' and so on...personally i love the band and couldn't consider not having their music to listen too.

not sure if it's allowed to upload live songs in this section so take it down if i can't but this is one of the reasons i listen to bon jovi http://www.megaupload.com/nl/?d=GQ4P18Q1 in my opinion the best live version of ''dry county'' the intro alone is amazing in this one (this one is from wembley 95 but wasn't included on the official release as far as i know).
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1439 on: March 13, 2008, 01:45:23 PM »

These days sucks, its got about 3 good songs. Everything else is all slow boring stuff.

I can dig one or two ballads, but do i need nearly a full album of such songs?

html sucks
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: