Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 07:33:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses in Youtube.com (post links here)
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 201 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses in Youtube.com (post links here)  (Read 997871 times)
clau68
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1260 on: June 11, 2007, 04:30:54 PM »

I think that Axl is the same person in 1991 and in 2007. Simply he as a normal person has evolved in many ways. I love how Axl was in 1991 and I love how Axl is now. And each word he has said must be take in the proper context.
Alpachiris
Rocker

www.gnrla.com

« Reply #1261 on: June 11, 2007, 07:02:08 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfw6Vcu01Ec

Perth 6/10

PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #1262 on: June 11, 2007, 09:50:17 PM »

You are unbeliavable Jarmo.? Just because you are a diehard fan doesn't mean you have to defend Axl every freakin time.? Your're like a bad defense attorney.? Axl himself said the same setlist can make the fans bored.? So because he changes his mind 15 years later it has no validity?? Ever hear Axl say he wants to bury Appetite??

Axl was right 15 years ago.? The same setlist isn't as exciting as one that can mix it up.? At least for me anyway.? ?But I guess you only agree with Axl in the year 2007.?

Are you saying you wouldn't want to hear Prositute, Civil War, or Coma inserted into the show?? Would you be excited, pissed off or nuetral if this occured???

Does it hurt that Axl's not playing a single god damn note for people like you?

I'll be happy to hear whatever the fuck the band wants to play. Not what you want them to play for me (when I attend a show).

How have things changed?

15 years ago you weren't whining on an Internet message board.

Focus on the word Internet........

/jarmo

I don't get the 'Axl doesn't play one note for me' comment.   Saw him 4X's last year.  He did play a note for me.  By the fourth show, I would prefer hearing Civil War, Coma or Prostitute.  I still had a good time.  It just would have been cool to hear a different song.  Is it so bad to want to hear a different song?  You make it sound like it is a capital crime.  I still agree with what Axl said 15 years ago.  It is not whining.  It is perfectly normal for a fan to want to hear different songs.  For some reason you get pissy about it.  It is fine man, no need to get upset about it!   

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #1263 on: June 11, 2007, 10:12:21 PM »

I don't get the 'Axl doesn't play one note for me' comment.   Saw him 4X's last year.  He did play a note for me.  By the fourth show, I would prefer hearing Civil War, Coma or Prostitute.  I still had a good time.  It just would have been cool to hear a different song.  Is it so bad to want to hear a different song?  You make it sound like it is a capital crime.  I still agree with what Axl said 15 years ago.  It is not whining.  It is perfectly normal for a fan to want to hear different songs.  For some reason you get pissy about it.  It is fine man, no need to get upset about it!   

I think the point is most people didn't see GN'R four times last year.  Most people saw them once.   For the first time in a long time, and what do people want to hear when it's been the first time in a long time?  The songs they know and remember, not the obscure stuff diehard message board fans dribble onto their keyboards about hearing.  It's the stuff the band wants to play, and the crowd wants to hear.  Axl doesn't play a note for people that whine about the setlist because they just don't fucking get it.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #1264 on: June 11, 2007, 10:12:28 PM »

You are unbeliavable Jarmo.  Just because you are a diehard fan doesn't mean you have to defend Axl every freakin time.  Your're like a bad defense attorney.  Axl himself said the same setlist can make the fans bored.  So because he changes his mind 15 years later it has no validity?  Ever hear Axl say he wants to bury Appetite? 

Axl was right 15 years ago.  The same setlist isn't as exciting as one that can mix it up.  At least for me anyway.   But I guess you only agree with Axl in the year 2007. 

Are you saying you wouldn't want to hear Prositute, Civil War, or Coma inserted into the show?  Would you be excited, pissed off or nuetral if this occured???

I'll be happy to hear whatever the fuck the band wants to play. Not what you want them to play for me (when I attend a show).

How have things changed?

/jarmo

I can't blame someone for wanting to hear different songs, but MOST bands that tour have a set show that they play night after night.  For the vast majority of fans that only go to ONE show, it's perfectly fine.  Knowing that the set will be close to the same, I can't imagine going more than once if I a.) didn't want to see a nearly identical show or b.) would feel somehow "ripped off".  Most bands aren't Phish.  They aren't playing completely different shows every night.  Why?  Because they're playing to an audience that is, on a given night, likely 95% different people than the night before.       

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
axl in lafayette
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1265 on: June 11, 2007, 10:29:28 PM »

You are unbeliavable Jarmo.? Just because you are a diehard fan doesn't mean you have to defend Axl every freakin time.? Your're like a bad defense attorney.? Axl himself said the same setlist can make the fans bored.? So because he changes his mind 15 years later it has no validity?? Ever hear Axl say he wants to bury Appetite??

Axl was right 15 years ago.? The same setlist isn't as exciting as one that can mix it up.? At least for me anyway.? ?But I guess you only agree with Axl in the year 2007.?

Are you saying you wouldn't want to hear Prositute, Civil War, or Coma inserted into the show?? Would you be excited, pissed off or nuetral if this occured???

How have things changed?

/jarmo

I don't get the 'Axl doesn't play one note for me' comment.? ?Saw him 4X's last year.? He did play a note for me.? By the fourth show, I would prefer hearing Civil War, Coma or Prostitute.? I still had a good time.? It just would have been cool to hear a different song.? Is it so bad to want to hear a different song?? You make it sound like it is a capital crime.? I still agree with what Axl said 15 years ago.? It is not whining.? It is perfectly normal for a fan to want to hear different songs.? For some reason you get pissy about it.? It is fine man, no need to get upset about it!? ?

I can't blame someone for wanting to hear different songs, but MOST bands that tour have a set show that they play night after night.? For the vast majority of fans that only go to ONE show, it's perfectly fine.? Knowing that the set will be close to the same, I can't imagine going more than once if I a.) didn't want to see a nearly identical show or b.) would feel somehow "ripped off".? Most bands aren't Phish.? They aren't playing completely different shows every night.? Why?? Because they're playing to an audience that is, on a given night, likely 95% different people than the night before.? ? ? ?
oh yeah?  then why did Axl himself say "i saw THAT show in Toledo, Fuck That"
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1266 on: June 11, 2007, 10:44:25 PM »

I am SICK of this argument.  It's been going on for 2 years now.  The 2 sides will never be able to see eye to eye, that's obvious.  I really don't see what the big deal is, why it's so hard to understand.  For the select few who have been able to go to multiple shows this year, I'm sorry if you're upset you're seeing basically the same setlist every time.  You've GOT to understand that you're in the minority.  The VAST MAJORITY of fans at the concerts are seeing the band for the first time in quite some time.  I understand that you may want to hear different songs, but EVERYONE has their own unique setlist they'd like to hear.  The band can't possibly deliver a perfect setlist to everyone in attendance.  For those "few" seeing them for the 5th time in the past year, you may want to hear "different" songs.  But for the VAST MAJORITY in the crowd, they want to hear the songs from Appetite.  It's as simple as that, I just don't get why that's so hard to understand.  I know it's frustrating waiting, and waiting, and waiting for the album, but all the bitching and complaining about the setlists is not gonna bring it here any faster.  And it's quite clear they're NOT gonna play more songs from UYI, so give up that dream too.  You know what you're gonna get going to a GNR show, and that is a FUCKING AWESOME SHOW.  If you feel that since you've "seen this already" and don't want to see it again, then don't go.  It's that simple.  Stop the complaints, it's really getting old.  And as far as Axl making a comment about mixing up the setlist on a nightly basis 15 years ago.  Let's face the facts.  15 years ago, Guns was "the most dangerous band in the world".  I'm man enough to admit that they are no longer that.  I still love them, but their popularity has gone down a bit since the glory days.  The casual fan could care less about hearing "Prostitute" or any other NEW song.  I could just imagine the riots they may incite if they played a Chinese Democracy heavy setlist and dropped most of the AFD songs.  We're talking about an album that's 10 years plus in the works with no release date in sight.  People outside the GNR community aren't interested in hearing it, they want to hear the classics. 

I thought this thread was for youtube links anyway?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
axl in lafayette
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1267 on: June 11, 2007, 10:49:14 PM »

I am SICK of this argument.? It's been going on for 2 years now.? The 2 sides will never be able to see eye to eye, that's obvious.? I really don't see what the big deal is, why it's so hard to understand.? For the select few who have been able to go to multiple shows this year, I'm sorry if you're upset you're seeing basically the same setlist every time.? You've GOT to understand that you're in the minority.? The VAST MAJORITY of fans at the concerts are seeing the band for the first time in quite some time.? I understand that you may want to hear different songs, but EVERYONE has their own unique setlist they'd like to hear.? The band can't possibly deliver a perfect setlist to everyone in attendance.? For those "few" seeing them for the 5th time in the past year, you may want to hear "different" songs.? But for the VAST MAJORITY in the crowd, they want to hear the songs from Appetite.? It's as simple as that, I just don't get why that's so hard to understand.? I know it's frustrating waiting, and waiting, and waiting for the album, but all the bitching and complaining about the setlists is not gonna bring it here any faster.? And it's quite clear they're NOT gonna play more songs from UYI, so give up that dream too.? You know what you're gonna get going to a GNR show, and that is a FUCKING AWESOME SHOW.? If you feel that since you've "seen this already" and don't want to see it again, then don't go.? It's that simple.? Stop the complaints, it's really getting old.? And as far as Axl making a comment about mixing up the setlist on a nightly basis 15 years ago.? Let's face the facts.? 15 years ago, Guns was "the most dangerous band in the world".? I'm man enough to admit that they are no longer that.? I still love them, but their popularity has gone down a bit since the glory days.? The casual fan could care less about hearing "Prostitute" or any other NEW song.? I could just imagine the riots they may incite if they played a Chinese Democracy heavy setlist and dropped most of the AFD songs.? We're talking about an album that's 10 years plus in the works with no release date in sight.? People outside the GNR community aren't interested in hearing it, they want to hear the classics.?

I thought this thread was for youtube links anyway?
The youtube link, and Axl's story inside it, are the basis for the argument...
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #1268 on: June 11, 2007, 11:23:10 PM »

I can't blame someone for wanting to hear different songs, but MOST bands that tour have a set show that they play night after night.  For the vast majority of fans that only go to ONE show, it's perfectly fine.  Knowing that the set will be close to the same, I can't imagine going more than once if I a.) didn't want to see a nearly identical show or b.) would feel somehow "ripped off".  Most bands aren't Phish.  They aren't playing completely different shows every night.  Why?  Because they're playing to an audience that is, on a given night, likely 95% different people than the night before.       

Am I Axl's psychiatrist?  How the fuck should I know why he said something?  I'm simply arguing the point that most bands don't play different sets every night.  I suppose that wasn't apparent.  Roll Eyes

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1269 on: June 12, 2007, 08:28:35 AM »

Am I Axl's psychiatrist?  How the fuck should I know why he said something?  I'm simply arguing the point that most bands don't play different sets every night.  I suppose that wasn't apparent.  Roll Eyes

These people are bringing up something Axl said 15-16 years ago to "prove" their point.

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1270 on: June 12, 2007, 08:33:44 AM »

if you dont like the setlist dont fucking go.  no one is making you.    fuck, just be happy they are playing.   you fucking board bitchers, you dont quit.
Red_Locks
Headliner

...you can't put your hands around a memory...

« Reply #1271 on: June 12, 2007, 09:11:39 AM »

Hope these haven't been posted yet..and if so..delete my post/don't read/watch again Wink

It's a part of Axl in court..though I at first thought it was about the St Louis thing but it wasn't. Mostly about drugs..Steven..some kinda thing he signed ABOUT Steven..I was kinda surprised to find it on Youtube cos well..it's rather..personal? Someone put a song under it which is a bit annoying but you can still hear what he's saying.

And God..he looks bored and pissed off..who wouldnt?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItnZRnQwAMY -->part 1..and yes..that weird divided screen thing IS going away after a couple of seconds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsNDXTGh3vk -->part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X6w2Gaq8BQ -->part 3

Fuck the poets of the past, my friends..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=862JtVBBv78? ..GNR during their free time
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1272 on: June 12, 2007, 10:10:05 AM »

does any1 have that dont cry demo thats played in pt 2?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Alpachiris
Rocker

www.gnrla.com

« Reply #1273 on: June 12, 2007, 07:15:07 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK6LJoG5MKI

Autralia PROMO!!

Mark7955
Rocker

Democracy is Here...

« Reply #1274 on: June 13, 2007, 03:40:17 PM »

Nice!

"The fire is burnin' and it's outta control, it's not a problem you can stop, it's ROCK N' ROLL!"
"With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothin' done"

11/20/06 - Halifax, NS
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #1275 on: June 14, 2007, 02:56:37 AM »

I don't get the 'Axl doesn't play one note for me' comment.? ?Saw him 4X's last year.? He did play a note for me.? By the fourth show, I would prefer hearing Civil War, Coma or Prostitute.? I still had a good time.? It just would have been cool to hear a different song.? Is it so bad to want to hear a different song?? You make it sound like it is a capital crime.? I still agree with what Axl said 15 years ago.? It is not whining.? It is perfectly normal for a fan to want to hear different songs.? For some reason you get pissy about it.? It is fine man, no need to get upset about it!? ?

? It's the stuff the band wants to play, and the crowd wants to hear.? Axl doesn't play a note for people that whine about the setlist because they just don't fucking get it.

You know because the Adelaide crowd were loving all the old songs so much, we got treated to the new ones too....!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
estranged.1098
« Reply #1276 on: June 14, 2007, 03:48:10 AM »

does any1 have that dont cry demo thats played in pt 2?

Or that demo that is played in pt 1...

hihi
Christian
VIP

« Reply #1277 on: June 14, 2007, 09:28:37 AM »

Adelaide 06-13-2007 show:

Jungle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehiE2266hQ0
Nov. Rain: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FCGC8ZQ5NE
Patience: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R19jYyDPP4
K.O.H.D: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE1ey2DsA5E
14 years of silence
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1278 on: June 14, 2007, 12:07:14 PM »

Check out Axl on the drums for a short time! Argentina 1993 song Imagine/Patience

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxxfUK09U5c
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1279 on: June 14, 2007, 02:59:51 PM »

For everybody who keeps posting ex-member clips here, please stop right now.

You need to understand that some people left the band ten years ago, and whatever they've done since isn't exactly GN'R related.

Links to clips of a current band members past or present side projects / guest appearances are GN'R related.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 201 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: