Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 01:55:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses in Youtube.com (post links here)
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 201 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses in Youtube.com (post links here)  (Read 967677 times)
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #2520 on: January 04, 2010, 08:57:04 PM »

Amateur Beat Box

rofl

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #2521 on: January 04, 2010, 11:43:49 PM »

Very interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i41HMUyzTUQ
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #2522 on: January 05, 2010, 01:10:45 AM »

The Shacklers video above kind of bummed me out just now. The end of it. Where Axl is explaining the creation of If The World. I love If The World. I don't find the chorus bad. I think its trippy. Its not stupid. Its forward thinking. Call me crazy whatever. I have seen Avatar a lot now, just took my 3 year old, and 3rd time for me... I have been overdosing on If The World 'cause of it. IFW I think would have been a great song for Avatar. I am really into space and the Universe and I am so beyond happy Axl went tripped out on a song, the way he sings on the song, the music. Its one of my favorite songs. I love listening to it when I am under the influence of things. I don't want to think that Axl thinks its just a funny joke or something.

Meditate on this, I will.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
helenluna
Rocker

Gimme some more!

« Reply #2523 on: January 05, 2010, 04:09:20 AM »

The Shacklers video above kind of bummed me out just now. The end of it. Where Axl is explaining the creation of If The World. I love If The World. I don't find the chorus bad. I think its trippy. Its not stupid. Its forward thinking. Call me crazy whatever. I have seen Avatar a lot now, just took my 3 year old, and 3rd time for me... I have been overdosing on If The World 'cause of it. IFW I think would have been a great song for Avatar. I am really into space and the Universe and I am so beyond happy Axl went tripped out on a song, the way he sings on the song, the music. Its one of my favorite songs. I love listening to it when I am under the influence of things. I don't want to think that Axl thinks its just a funny joke or something.

Meditate on this, I will.

ITW was my least favorite on CD, because I couldn't understand it. Although I liked the instrumental I thought the lyrics were silly. To me lyrics are what counts the most... When Axl explained that, it moved the song up in my list. The fact that it's a joke, IMO does not devalue it, but gives it reason to be. It all makes sense and I feel free to like the song even if it's kinda shallow. This is not the first joke Gn'R song so yeah, I get it now.

ianna
Opening Act

« Reply #2524 on: January 05, 2010, 04:14:05 AM »

Thanks for posting the link.

1. Is it just me or did the crowd sing along This I Love and Shackler's Revenge?

2. I am more of a Buckethead fan than Ron Thal and did not pay much attention to him on 2006 tour but after watching those clips, the guy can play. He is an amazing guitar player. I'm so glad he is with GN'R.

3. IMO DJ Ashba played the second solo in November Rain much much better than Slash ever did.

4. The AFD/UYI lineup can play but IMO, this lineup is much better. Better than the 2006 lineup also. Something about DJ Asbha that elevates this group.   
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #2525 on: January 05, 2010, 05:08:52 AM »

Hum.. I think Axl wasnt really serious about ITW. I mean, I got it as a joke about people complaining about the song or labeling it.

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #2526 on: January 05, 2010, 12:25:33 PM »

I love when he sings this in 'If The World':

If there's a cure for this
I don't want it
I don't want it

If there's a remedy
I don't want it
I don't want it

Think about it all the time
Never let it out of my mind

Ive got these lines stuck in my mind for a few days now.. Cool
Thanks for transcribing it, but Axl sang those lines in Tokyo, not in Osaka. Smiley

This is from a song called Love Hangover by the Associates

slightly different lyrics then what you transcribed (if that is how Axl sang it)

If there's a cure for this ...I don't want it ...Don't want it ...If there's a remedy ...I'll run from it ...From it ...Think about it all the time ...Never let it out of my mind

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2527 on: January 05, 2010, 01:47:59 PM »

this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEIC423qO9k
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #2528 on: January 07, 2010, 01:11:11 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRDt4Sqn63E

There Was A Time - Tokyo - not sure if this was posted yet. Only has about 70 views so far.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2529 on: January 07, 2010, 04:43:59 PM »

Here is "Sweet Child O' Mine" shot from the video screen in Osaka.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RstmNYY4Lfc

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #2530 on: January 07, 2010, 07:43:23 PM »

They just KILL on "Out ta Get Me"....awesome.

Axl seems so much happier now, and I think that's good for the band, as well as the fans.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
Street of the Blues
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #2531 on: January 07, 2010, 09:55:17 PM »

Here is "Sweet Child O' Mine" shot from the video screen in Osaka.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RstmNYY4Lfc

Thanks! That's an awesome video.
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #2532 on: January 08, 2010, 11:58:48 AM »

new "Where do we go now" part gives me mother goose bumps .. amazing .. bring it down !! smoking
suntorytime
Rocker

Kiyoshiro Forever

« Reply #2533 on: January 09, 2010, 12:24:39 PM »

I thought I heard in spots axl sing with an angelic new voice on the song and saw him grin like the Cheshire Cat as he did that. I must have been in the wonderland then.  Grin
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2534 on: January 09, 2010, 02:24:32 PM »

After seeing the youtube clips, the band really gives a good impression, better than 2006 tour at first sight (and not because of the fantastic setlist)

The only thing I have noticed is that Axl does not seem to sing as I know him...I have seen Guns already 3 times live, and was always very pleased with Axl's singing capacity!
But in the youtube clips, he is sometimes out of breath it seems and sometimes even out of key (to put it quite friendly...).

Maybe it's just because of the amateur recordings ofcourse, but I was wondering: can someone (Jarmo?) confirm this? => Axl does not seem to sing on the same level as he did in the past and 2006...or is it just bad recordings?
The Guns songs are ofcourse not the most easy songs to perform live and then again...persons are aging... But I am sure as the tour goes further, Axl will grow.

Rock on!
 peace

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2535 on: January 09, 2010, 02:27:29 PM »

After seeing the youtube clips, the band really gives a good impression, better than 2006 tour at first sight (and not because of the fantastic setlist)

The only thing I have noticed is that Axl does not seem to sing as I know him...I have seen Guns already 3 times live, and was always very pleased with Axl's singing capacity!
But in the youtube clips, he is sometimes out of breath it seems and sometimes even out of key (to put it quite friendly...).

Maybe it's just because of the amateur recordings ofcourse, but I was wondering: can someone (Jarmo?) confirm this? => Axl does not seem to sing on the same level as he did in the past and 2006...or is it just bad recordings?
The Guns songs are ofcourse not the most easy songs to perform live and then again...persons are aging... But I am sure as the tour goes further, Axl will grow.

Rock on!
 peace

Being out of breath comes with being out of shape physically.

See; Prostitute
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2536 on: January 09, 2010, 03:37:25 PM »

Rock on!
 peace

Axl sings better than before!

I was blown away in Asia. When you get chills from watching/hearing him sing, it's not exactly bad.

Don't let some Youtube clips fool you.

People can sit and watch Youtube clips, but what they don't see is the full show. Axl doesn't stand there for an hour and sing.

If he did that, I bet he could impress you too, but then you'd be saying it was a short set!

To me it seems like the new songs are more challenging at this point.

The whole band has performed the old songs for more than four shows, so I guess they know those like the back of their hands. With the exception maybe DJ.

The new songs are still fresh for the whole band.

The delivery of them is amazing. Many said they couldn't do it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #2537 on: January 09, 2010, 06:49:18 PM »

Download the ''I Dont Care About Time'' bootleg.

Axl's vocals is just outstanding in some of the songs. TWAT, Nightrain (he sings it like he was possesed by a dozen demons), Nice Boys, Scraped (the ''impossible'' song to sing, that's what say people said in this forum), ISE...

He fails a little bit in some new songs like Prostitute, CITR and TIL. Maybe some parts of Sorry too.

But... do you remember how November Rain sounded the first 3 times it was played? The band butchered it all over 1991. Same for Estranged. In 1992, these were the 2 big highlights of the show.

Well, at least in this case, the band is playing the new songs flawlessly since day zero.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #2538 on: January 09, 2010, 11:25:28 PM »

I actually thought "Prostitute" sounded great from the I Don't Care About Time boot.  At least after the shaky start.  But I agree, I think he sounds fantastic, the band sounds great too.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2539 on: January 10, 2010, 02:45:00 AM »

He will get better at those songs as the tour goes on.  I bet he is learning how to sing those songs live as they go along.  The band will do better during Prostitute, too.  They'll get tight.

On the record, he can take breaks, edit the song on ProTools, hence the smooth transitions.  But live, it's a totally different animal.  But I believe in my boy, don't stress.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 201 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: