Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:16:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses in Youtube.com (post links here)
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 201 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses in Youtube.com (post links here)  (Read 1003221 times)
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #1760 on: March 23, 2008, 09:11:14 AM »

some ideas:
- Patience is an old released song....doesnt hurt to have some "funny fuck up" IMO.
- band/management checked the RAR June 02/03, 2006 recording before it aired in August 11, 2006 for allowing what to be on broadcast (there are email proofs from the WDR ROCKPALAST team about this) - it could have been time issues when verifying the recording, like..."oh, we fucked up Maddy....not to be on broadcast, next one".....as they were mainly on tour during the RAR checking - which had to be done in real time (~140min watching/hearing), also remember thats a very special Axl song.
- also remember those ROCKPALAST recordings/broadcasts are very high quality video and audio.....so when assuming it has been time issues....why allowing an unreleased very personal but "fucked-up-live"-song to be on tv broadcast in high quality?
- though i absolutely dont get why OTGM was cut out, that version was a very good one.

They dont have the rights to broadcast the MLK speech, thats why it was cut...... too much hassle to get European broadcast rights sorted out!

Jonx

how do you explain out to get me?

No idea, perhaps they were only allowed a specific amount of time so just took it out, who knows!? Maddi is easier to explain because of the MLK speech.

Jonx
Christian
VIP

« Reply #1761 on: March 23, 2008, 09:17:48 AM »

some ideas:
- Patience is an old released song....doesnt hurt to have some "funny fuck up" IMO.
- band/management checked the RAR June 02/03, 2006 recording before it aired in August 11, 2006 for allowing what to be on broadcast (there are email proofs from the WDR ROCKPALAST team about this) - it could have been time issues when verifying the recording, like..."oh, we fucked up Maddy....not to be on broadcast, next one".....as they were mainly on tour during the RAR checking - which had to be done in real time (~140min watching/hearing), also remember thats a very special Axl song.
- also remember those ROCKPALAST recordings/broadcasts are very high quality video and audio.....so when assuming it has been time issues....why allowing an unreleased very personal but "fucked-up-live"-song to be on tv broadcast in high quality?
- though i absolutely dont get why OTGM was cut out, that version was a very good one.
So why Maddy was broadcasted @ Rio 3?!
Ins't the same situation?

They dont have the rights to broadcast the MLK speech, thats why it was cut...... too much hassle to get European broadcast rights sorted out!

Jonx

how do you explain out to get me?

No idea, perhaps they were only allowed a specific amount of time so just took it out, who knows!? Maddi is easier to explain because of the MLK speech.

Jonx
Cuzon
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1762 on: March 23, 2008, 09:21:38 AM »

some ideas:

Jonx

What about Rock in Rio III? Madagascar was played with the Luther speech fully intact.
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #1763 on: March 23, 2008, 09:34:45 AM »

some ideas:

Jonx

What about Rock in Rio III? Madagascar was played with the Luther speech fully intact.

good point...

mabye they just werent happy with the out ta get me and madagascar performance...

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
hartman
Rocker

Here since 2002

« Reply #1764 on: March 27, 2008, 11:51:52 AM »

A great documentary from 1993, maybe the best about GNR. There's Izzy rehearsing with the band in Tel Aviv, Israel just before his first comeback show in 1993.
Guns N' Roses - The Photographic History with Robert John

part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP1id_d1uXg
part2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jABYstBec_c
part3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGJALc12-Sg

GNR forever !!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1765 on: March 27, 2008, 12:02:20 PM »

now I think we know why Madagascar was cut out of the Rock Am Ring video....I wish they still stuck it in there...not that big of a deal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPSa-S55qOo
so sad and beautiful performance.
My bet is that's mostly due to the length of the tv program.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #1766 on: April 01, 2008, 09:38:32 PM »

A great documentary from 1993, maybe the best about GNR. There's Izzy rehearsing with the band in Tel Aviv, Israel just before his first comeback show in 1993.
Guns N' Roses - The Photographic History with Robert John

part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP1id_d1uXg
part2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jABYstBec_c
part3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGJALc12-Sg

Thank you for posting the videos Hartman.  Smiley

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1767 on: April 01, 2008, 10:12:23 PM »

now I think we know why Madagascar was cut out of the Rock Am Ring video....I wish they still stuck it in there...not that big of a deal

very unlikely, WDR Rockpalast often regulary broadcasts 2h and longer here. they even (re-)broadcast complete live performances from big bands like Depeche Mode, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, etc. so it must have something to do with the band/management agreement. 90min high quality free broadcast (and not even pay-per-view) is very cool anyway.

Re-Union time, baby!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1768 on: April 01, 2008, 10:27:35 PM »

very unlikely, WDR Rockpalast often regulary broadcasts 2h and longer here. they even (re-)broadcast complete live performances from big bands like Depeche Mode, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, etc. so it must have something to do with the band/management agreement. 90min high quality free broadcast (and not even pay-per-view) is very cool anyway.

Rock In Rio and Inland Invasion were streamed in full right?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1769 on: April 01, 2008, 10:47:01 PM »

yes, sir. Lisbon and Inland Invasion were complete live webcasts. and i remember RAR was supposed to be on webcast live aswell but something got in between and so they didnt made it live.
but there is a HUGE quality difference from webcasts to those WDR ROCKPALAST broadcasts...its basically a free live DVDR, i'm pretty sure this is a reason for many bands not allowing 100% complete shows to be on broadcast

Re-Union time, baby!!
gunns1
Legend

« Reply #1770 on: April 03, 2008, 05:02:19 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16Sh82Sqpz0

madagascar instrumental ACOUSITC....

pretty f'kn nice aswell SmileySmileySmileySmileySmiley
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 08:22:46 AM by gunns1 » Logged

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1771 on: April 03, 2008, 05:16:07 AM »

madagascar instrumental....

Brilliant !!!

peace

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
gunns1
Legend

« Reply #1772 on: April 03, 2008, 08:23:44 AM »

madagascar instrumental....

Brilliant !!!

peace

HBK *

Just read ya sig buddy, you might want to fix it up  hihi

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1773 on: April 03, 2008, 10:44:00 AM »

yes, sir. Lisbon and Inland Invasion were complete live webcasts. and i remember RAR was supposed to be on webcast live aswell but something got in between and so they didnt made it live.
but there is a HUGE quality difference from webcasts to those WDR ROCKPALAST broadcasts...its basically a free live DVDR, i'm pretty sure this is a reason for many bands not allowing 100% complete shows to be on broadcast

so it's not just gnr, right? they didn't show new songs did they?
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1774 on: April 03, 2008, 12:08:13 PM »

it differs, they broadcast a lot regulary and at least show parts of many bigger bands from the Rock Am Ring festival. totally complete shows are rare but they did (re-)air complete live shows from incl. new songs -bigger bands right out of my head- Iron Maiden in 2003, Metallica 2003 and 2007 and Smashing Pumpkins 2007.

here is their official webside:
http://www.rockpalast.de/sendetermine/?jahr=WDR

from GN'R/Rock Am Ring 2006 they have shown IRS, The Blues and Better. a (more complete) re-broadcast never happened yet.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 12:10:26 PM by Limulus » Logged

Re-Union time, baby!!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1775 on: April 05, 2008, 12:33:38 PM »

ok then my question is why we can see this @ youtube?
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #1776 on: April 05, 2008, 12:42:36 PM »

there is a fan video recording from the whole Rock Am Ring show, at the youtube link above they took the madagascar audio from the video and put a slideshow over it and uploaded it on youtube.

Re-Union time, baby!!
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #1777 on: April 18, 2008, 04:21:07 PM »

Ok, its not what the usual fare offers but it does have a Slash reference in it. For those not in the UK, Stoke City are on the brink/have a chance of getting to the Premier League in the football (the real game played with feet  Wink ) most of you will be aware that Slash comes from Stoke. The part that will interest you guys is at 2.20

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nmsRwj6Iu04

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1778 on: April 22, 2008, 04:08:26 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15vCI0FyXK8&feature=related

Axl phone interview with Loder in 1999

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #1779 on: April 23, 2008, 11:12:37 AM »

^     ^

I love Axl's response to Kurt when he asked if he'd be getting the band out to play...

Axl:  na! na!  na-na!  na-na! na-na!

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 201 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: