Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 07:18:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD w/ Label = Directly from Richard
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD w/ Label = Directly from Richard  (Read 142362 times)
Regibold
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #620 on: January 03, 2008, 04:42:29 PM »

HOLY SHIT, is this thread still going on.....whew!!!!
ben9785
« Reply #621 on: January 03, 2008, 04:46:55 PM »

No, i reckon we would probably know about the release of the album about 2-3 months beforehand if not more.

I have a feeling that, based on the obvious mysterious nature of the album and also the fact that the Guns N Roses lineup has changed etc, I think that the promotion of the album will be a piece by piece kind of unveiling.

I would expect it might be something along the lines of:

-An initial commercial / promo / advertisement which has the logo of GNR and text which is an obscure indication of the imminent release of the album like "soon", or maybe even a mocking indication on Axl's part like "?? / ?? / 08", or maybe not even anything, just the GNR logo, which would stir somebodys interest wondering why there is a full page logo of GNR in a major publication with no other headline or information.

-This would probably be followed by another promo most likely announcing a new single, but still no exact confirmation on the release date of the album.

-I guess then they might kind of have a countdown to announcing the release date of the album, where maybe on their website, every day leading to it they will reveal part of the album cover, or maybe host a new clip of tracks from the album, or maybe even post short clips of the new single, and then have the new single as a streaming track in full whenever the release date is announced.

-Definite release date of the album, posted both on website and in press

-Release of a Video/EPK or whatever they call it promoting the album, featuring clips of music, and more importantly, 'introducing' the new members of GNR and featuring short interviews with them.

I guess it might be something along the lines of that..

« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 04:48:26 PM by ben114 » Logged
DemocracyRose
« Reply #622 on: January 03, 2008, 04:50:49 PM »

No, i reckon we would probably know about the release of the album about 2-3 months beforehand if not more.

I have a feeling that, based on the obvious mysterious nature of the album and also the fact that the Guns N Roses lineup has changed etc, I think that the promotion of the album will be a piece by piece kind of unveiling.

-An initial commercial / promo / advertisement which has the logo of GNR and text which is an obscure indication of the imminent release of the album like "soon", or maybe even a mocking indication on Axl's part like "?? / ?? / 08", or maybe not even anything, just the GNR logo, which would stir somebodys interest wondering why there is a full page logo of GNR in a major publication with no other headline or information.

-This would probably be followed by another promo most likely announcing a new single, but still no exact confirmation on the release date of the album.

-I guess then they might kind of have a countdown to announcing the release date of the album, where maybe on their website, every day leading to it they will reveal part of the album cover, or maybe host a new clip of tracks from the album, or maybe even post short clips of the new single, and then have the new single as a streaming track in full whenever the release date is announced.

-Release of a Video/EPK or whatever they call it promoting the album, featuring clips of music, and more importantly, 'introducing' the new members of GNR and featuring short interviews with them.

I dont think so...

GNR have pushed it too far and people are tired of games(read 13 tuesday left) Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 05:03:44 PM by DemocracyRose » Logged
The Chad Cometh
Mike Stewart is God
VIP

Don't think Axl! Makes my dick itch!

« Reply #623 on: January 03, 2008, 06:08:06 PM »

I dont think so...

GNR have pushed it too far and people are tired of games(read 13 tuesday left) Roll Eyes

I'm liking it Benny, and it could well be the way things pan out. So many possibilities.

I was living to the best of my ability, now I'm living in correctional facility
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #624 on: January 03, 2008, 06:11:58 PM »

how many Tuesdays are left in 2008?? Grin
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #625 on: January 03, 2008, 11:25:17 PM »

Helpful reminder, coming through.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #626 on: January 03, 2008, 11:46:11 PM »

A series of ads on the back of the Rollingstone... first ad... one huge "G"... next months ad... a huge "N" and the third month a huge "R"... Then the Next months ad... a huge "C"...Then the Next months ad... a huge "H"...Then the Next months ad... a huge "I"...Then the Next months ad... a huge "N"...Then the Next months ad... a huge "E"...Then the Next months ad... a huge "S"...Then the Next months ad... a huge "E"...Then the Next months ad... a huge "D"...Then the Next months ad... a huge "E"...Then the Next months ad... a huge "M"...Then the Next months ad... a huge "O"...Then the Next months ad... a huge "C"...Then the Next months ad... a huge "R"...Then the Next months ad... a huge "A"...Then the Next months ad... a huge "C"...Then the Next months ad... a huge "Y"...Then the Next months ad... a huge "S"...Then the Next months ad... a huge "T"...Then the Next months ad... a huge "A"...Then the Next months ad... a huge "R"...Then the Next months ad... a huge "T"...Then the Next months ad... a huge "S"...Then the Next months ad... a huge "N"...Then the Next months ad... a huge "O"...Then the Next months ad... a huge "W"...      Then the rest of the information in the same style... etc...
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #627 on: January 03, 2008, 11:53:59 PM »

A series of ads on the back of the Rollingstone... first ad... one huge "G"... next months ad... a huge "N" and the third month a huge "R"... Then the Next months ad... a huge "C"...Then the Next months ad... a huge "H"...Then the Next months ad... a huge "I"...Then the Next months ad... a huge "N"...Then the Next months ad... a huge "E"...Then the Next months ad... a huge "S"...Then the Next months ad... a huge "E"...Then the Next months ad... a huge "D"...Then the Next months ad... a huge "E"...Then the Next months ad... a huge "M"...Then the Next months ad... a huge "O"...Then the Next months ad... a huge "C"...Then the Next months ad... a huge "R"...Then the Next months ad... a huge "A"...Then the Next months ad... a huge "C"...Then the Next months ad... a huge "Y"...Then the Next months ad... a huge "S"...Then the Next months ad... a huge "T"...Then the Next months ad... a huge "A"...Then the Next months ad... a huge "R"...Then the Next months ad... a huge "T"...Then the Next months ad... a huge "S"...Then the Next months ad... a huge "N"...Then the Next months ad... a huge "O"...Then the Next months ad... a huge "W"...      Then the rest of the information in the same style... etc...

So...28 months of marketing buildup?

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #628 on: January 04, 2008, 01:10:05 AM »

I just wonder if any video plans have been made.

I hope the first video is something really special.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
cineater
Legend

« Reply #629 on: January 04, 2008, 01:11:48 AM »

I would bitch the whole way! ?Come already, I'm not in the mood for a tease.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Olorin
« Reply #630 on: January 04, 2008, 03:51:18 AM »

God I remember that.  Undecided

I still use that pathetic peice of "journalism" as an example of why that magazine should be only be used for fire kindling or at best, an Andrex substitute.
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #631 on: January 04, 2008, 04:19:41 AM »

some sort of viral marketing would be great.

I'm curious about the music video, I think that will be very interesting to see the style, etc.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #632 on: January 04, 2008, 04:31:06 AM »

I'm intrested to see too what they come up with, and how it's promoted.
The 90's GunsN'Roses where like sold to age between 12-17 which a lot of todays music still is, or will they aim more largely on an old audience Tongue

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #633 on: January 04, 2008, 04:32:35 AM »

A TV ad, releasing the album, and word of mouth will satiate the hardcores and the "older", however to reach a younger audience you need to use the internet. And that worries me.

no

ben9785
« Reply #634 on: January 04, 2008, 04:38:52 AM »

I dont think so...

Ok i see what you mean, but I mean OFFICIAL. Most of what people might hear or know on the internet is not official, its just rumours and gossip. I mean official marketing, endorsed by record company etc, not just a few paragraphs in the gossip section of Rolling Stone or a april fools day review of the album or another interview with Bach
Lourenco
Rocker

lourencovc.com

« Reply #635 on: January 04, 2008, 06:33:12 AM »

A TV ad, releasing the album, and word of mouth will satiate the hardcores and the "older", however to reach a younger audience you need to use the internet. And that worries me.

no

Couldn't agree more. If GN'R wants to make an amazing comeback they sure need to grab on to the internet. People watch less and less TV nowadays, and the net is the best way to spread the word. Just look at Ron Paul for example. He was a guy that had no chance at anything and has now raised over 20 million dollars based on the internet alone.

I would sure like to see some interviews or videos from the other band members as well, especially Robin, because I think he's a great guy... I mean, he's been in the band for 10 years now, and the time I heard him talk the most, was when he was talking portuguese in Rock in Rio III!
Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #636 on: January 04, 2008, 07:44:45 AM »

I just wonder if any video plans have been made.

I hope the first video is something really special.

I hope it won't be just a video of a gig (plus some extra material).? Undecided

I'd love to see something similar to what the Black Label Society & Zakk Wylde did with In This River. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c48oMTmYcz4

From Old GnR to New GnR kinda stuff if you know what I mean. Death and then reincarnation... But nothing too obvious, just something that would make people see it the way Axl does.
(Although In This River is dedicated to Dimebag so you can't really compare those two things.? Embarrassed )

*edit*

And I don't mean that the first single or video should necessarily be a 'ballad'. Something upbeat and hard-rockin' would be just fine.  Wink
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 08:05:20 AM by Razzberry » Logged
savedsol
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #637 on: January 04, 2008, 10:11:03 AM »

Super Bowl ad! They've already spent $13m+, so what's $2m more? They could even sell it the Mon/Tues after with great success.

BTW, that Black Label video is one of the lamest music videos I've seen.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 10:15:32 AM by savedsol » Logged
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #638 on: January 04, 2008, 10:52:38 AM »

"We would like to assure the fans that though tentative everything in our power will be done to meet this date. Once it is finalized and official you will be notified. If we are delayed for unseen reasons you will also be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date and the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible."

This has not happened, so I'm saying that the alleged e-mail from Richard is bunk. When, or if, it's ready for release and if Mr. W. Axl Rose can be trusted, we won't find out about it through some mysterious e-mail. It will be the subject of a major web update on the official site, promotion, advertising and on and on.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #639 on: January 04, 2008, 10:59:48 AM »

"We would like to assure the fans that though tentative everything in our power will be done to meet this date. Once it is finalized and official you will be notified. If we are delayed for unseen reasons you will also be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date and the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible."

This has not happened, so I'm saying that the alleged e-mail from Richard is bunk. When, or if, it's ready for release and if Mr. W. Axl Rose can be trusted, we won't find out about it through some mysterious e-mail. It will be the subject of a major web update on the official site, promotion, advertising and on and on.

Could you elaborate on your reasoning? This looks like it could be yet another misreading of this statement, and that just wouldnt do. dear me no siree.

Depending on your reasoning, however, i may have to apologise.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: