Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 06:55:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228473 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD w/ Label = Directly from Richard
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD w/ Label = Directly from Richard  (Read 150850 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #580 on: January 03, 2008, 03:36:43 AM »

Just a quick clarification Jarmo, when you say "the album is done," do you mean that mixing and mastering is done as well? 

Well that's the impression I get from Baz's comments.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #581 on: January 03, 2008, 07:25:01 AM »

The recording is done, the album is done. It means something other than that is causing this.

/jarmo

Well, thats all well and good - but what's stopping Axl making a little press release about the delay? Just a little thing like that would help a lot with keeping the fans on his side.
Or maybe not. Everytime Axl addresses the fans his words are twisted and/ or misunderstood and he gets bashed to death. Things change and some people don?t want to admit it and take those press releases like gospel so, I think silence is the best option untill he/the band can announce their plans and they have it all set IMO.

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #582 on: January 03, 2008, 07:25:21 AM »

I remain sceptical but hopeful all the same.

I just hope that by the time things are smoothed out, things haven't gotten stale.

Here today...ready to rock
Calcy
Rocker

He's baaaaaaaack!

« Reply #583 on: January 03, 2008, 09:12:28 AM »

Yeah, as always I'm hopeful of an announcement soon. Bits and pieces indicate to the final Chinese Democracy being somewhere, jus ready for some industry bigwig to say 'release the thing'!

Then we'll all moan in 6 months that we can't get tickets to shows we wanna see cos they sell out instantly! Hehe.
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #584 on: January 03, 2008, 09:15:53 AM »

Yeah, as always I'm hopeful of an announcement soon. Bits and pieces indicate to the final Chinese Democracy being somewhere, jus ready for some industry bigwig to say 'release the thing'!

Then we'll all moan in 6 months that we can't get tickets to shows we wanna see cos they sell out instantly! Hehe.

Thats a problem I like to have and Im sure gnr would like to have,

wow I sill cant believe 30 pages later of some guy emailing sir Richard Fortus , about the album possibly being in the records hands...

30 pages of speculation, this is a guns n roses forum!

This shows dedication right here,
If Axl thought hes fans didnt care, he should come on here and see how much we really do stick by him

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
quarky
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #585 on: January 03, 2008, 09:49:16 AM »

[

But after basically somewhere between blowing several hundred dollars in order to attend a no-show concert, and not seeing the album again and again, I began to become skeptical of GNR. I wonder if Axl was ever telling the truth about his grand opus that was 98 percent done, or basically all done, or coming out real soon, or Baz has hear four finished albums worth or whatever.

But every year that slips by without a release is another year of more fans leaving, less people caring, and more of a chance of CD being a commercial and critical failure.? I don't want the reemergence of GNR to be some sad joke that becomes fodder for SNL sketches. I want it to be grand, but the longer they wait, the less likely it will be.

I guess what I'm saying is don't believe anything when it comes to this album. Not unofficial news, not official news. None of it is worth a damn, or will be until the CD is on record store shelves. When, and indeed if, this record comes, don't look forward to it, don't look for it to change anything, don't even expect to like it.

And hopefully, when it shows up, it will be a pleasant surprise for all of us!

I don't see why peoples own personal experience should have any bearing on the release (or not) of the album. Unless you think that you spending money to go to a show that never happened is going to influence Axl/GnR/Label one way or the other?

I could be listening to Better and get hit by a car. In the grand scheme, it makes no difference to ChiDem and I shouldn't expect it to. Same for you. Not being harsh, but you shouldn't base your opinion on the album on whether you went to a no-show or not.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't be skeptical, but too many people let their own thoughts/opinions based on their own personal experience, cloud what should be a rational train of thought.
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #586 on: January 03, 2008, 10:38:21 AM »

Just a quick clarification Jarmo, when you say "the album is done," do you mean that mixing and mastering is done as well??

/jarmo

in other words, you have no clue, is that correct, other than what baz said?

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #587 on: January 03, 2008, 10:59:19 AM »

Just a quick clarification Jarmo, when you say "the album is done," do you mean that mixing and mastering is done as well? 

/jarmo

Yeah, totally clueless!

Kiss

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #588 on: January 03, 2008, 11:01:10 AM »

when after all, Axl said he would keep us updated about anything in regards to chinese democracy,
He said that over a year ago in his letter,

where he said that in his letter?
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #589 on: January 03, 2008, 11:03:13 AM »

Just a quick clarification Jarmo, when you say "the album is done," do you mean that mixing and mastering is done as well??

/jarmo

Yeah, totally clueless!

Kiss

/jarmo

that's what i thought. thanks for clearing it up. i appreciate that....

slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #590 on: January 03, 2008, 11:07:43 AM »

I find it interesting that when I refuted Jarmo's comments to me in a way that was not insulting, the comment disappeared from the thread. I wasn't trying to offend you or insult you, I was just saying, "Yes, I don't know the situation, but neither do you, so it could be a case of GNR just sitting around, or it could be that some vast conspiracy is keeping them from releasing the album."

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #591 on: January 03, 2008, 11:15:32 AM »

/jarmo

Yeah, totally clueless!

Kiss

/jarmo

Whatever makes you happy.  ok  Smiley

/jarmo

ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #592 on: January 03, 2008, 11:22:59 AM »

/jarmo

Yeah, totally clueless!

Kiss

/jarmo

Whatever makes you happy.? ok? Smiley

/jarmo

thank you. i am much happier now that i have the webmasters approval! thank you so much, jarmo...

Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #593 on: January 03, 2008, 11:23:46 AM »

jesus. dont you people read anything other trhan this site?

feb 11th, is in kerrang. and therefore absolutely true.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #594 on: January 03, 2008, 11:36:08 AM »

feb 11th,

what's that? No I don't even read all the posts in this thread lets alone kerrang. Tongue
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

« Reply #595 on: January 03, 2008, 11:38:40 AM »

feb 11th,

what's that? No I don't even read all the posts in this thread lets alone kerrang. Tongue

its, according to them, the release date of the CD known as CD.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #596 on: January 03, 2008, 11:43:13 AM »

Ta. if so the 12 in the us?  do they have a reliable source?
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

« Reply #597 on: January 03, 2008, 11:57:53 AM »

No, they give no source. For teh record, i was being a bit tongue in cheek, as K! have had gnr in their new year upcoming albums list for years now, often with a date and no source.

Could happen tho, eh?

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #598 on: January 03, 2008, 12:03:20 PM »

Axl said to in the letter, it would take about 8 weeks from handing the record to the recordcompany, and til they would release it.
We are "almost" sure, that they have the album now..  I dont belive february is the month for the album release, but maybe March! Remember there
can be alot of interesting things happening before the album, is out! The promotion could start any time! And that will be really interesting, coz, then we know for sure, its coming! Cant even think about the excitement when the first single hit the radio!
I hope they do som website promotion, though. gnr.com is not the best website on the www! lol

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

« Reply #599 on: January 03, 2008, 12:15:16 PM »

Axl said to in the letter, it would take about 8 weeks from handing the record to the recordcompany, and til they would release it.
We are "almost" sure, that they have the album now..? I dont belive february is the month for the album release, but maybe March! Remember there
can be alot of interesting things happening before the album, is out! The promotion could start any time! And that will be really interesting, coz, then we know for sure, its coming! Cant even think about the excitement when the first single hit the radio!
I hope they do som website promotion, though. gnr.com is not the best website on the www! lol

yeah, but youre makin an assumption as to when the album has been handed in. all we "know" is that its in. we dont know as of when. also, any wrangles over things with the label could make a mockery of axls 8 weeks thing. tho to be fair, he did say approximately.

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: