Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 11:27:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228477 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD w/ Label = Directly from Richard
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD w/ Label = Directly from Richard  (Read 150976 times)
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #560 on: January 02, 2008, 05:29:10 PM »

The hardcore fans may be blinded by optimism and and a genuine love of the music, but will it float the boats of the masses who ain't fans? Or don't buy into the most dangerous band in the world tagg.

No kidding. I mean, Axl hangs out with fashion designers and talks about meeting with the record company executives.

I don't think they'll market "the most dangerous band" stuff.  It would obviously be a poor choice, this many years after Appetite.  More likely are phrases like "long awaited return/album" and "legendary."

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #561 on: January 02, 2008, 05:40:30 PM »

My luck:

the release date will be announced after the day I die. Sad

Have you released a date you intend to expire yet?
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #562 on: January 02, 2008, 05:50:05 PM »

The hardcore fans may be blinded by optimism and and a genuine love of the music, but will it float the boats of the masses who ain't fans? Or don't buy into the most dangerous band in the world tagg.

No kidding. I mean, Axl hangs out with fashion designers and talks about meeting with the record company executives.

I don't think they'll market "the most dangerous band" stuff.? It would obviously be a poor choice, this many years after Appetite.? More likely are phrases like "long awaited return/album" and "legendary."

The music will speak for itself. No need for catch-phrases or anything like that. That was the media talking anyway. GNR just does their thing their own way. The music is what will bring the masses to gnr again and the music will make that happen.

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
Bubba St. Rose
Headliner

Jim Norton is my dad. O&A Party Rocks!

« Reply #563 on: January 02, 2008, 05:54:22 PM »

yeah, sure, you betcha. This all sounds well and good but as anyone who has been around the world of GNR (since the start) or has checked out this web site daily or weekly for 10 years knows - in recent years, every year (Usually around December/January)  we get the same story with a different slant. Last year at this time everyone was excited because GNR cancelled the final dates of a tour because Axl said he needed the time to put the finishing touches on the CD, which was predicted to come out in March if I remember. The cancellation info and the "finish up the album" info came straight from Axl's lips no less! Yet, another year goes by and nothing. And it wasn't that long ago that everyone was getting frothy thinking about a release after GNR appeared out of nowhere to play some shows in Las Vegas on New Year's Eve and then proceeded to go on tour.

Now, I'm not being a negative nancy. If no CD is released, my life will go on. But I find it curious that no one mentions that every couple of years, just before a tour no less, a couple of songs in various forms get "mysteriously" leaked onto the internet. We all download them and get excited and then buy tickets to the GNR concert nearest us. All the while hoping and praying the new CD will finally come out. Yet the tour ends and nothing.
Personally, I think Axl leaks the music himself to get people to buy tickets to the concerts. Good marketing if you ask me. A couple of free songs gets the fans to shell out big bucks at the arena.

But back to the topic at hand, the email from Richard. I wouldn't get too excited about it until you see something on GNR's web site or get the actual CD in your hands. I doubt the story is even legit because I find it hard to believe any studio in this day and age of lost profits and poor sales would sit on a LONG AWAITED AXl Rose/GNR album, that could potentially have huge sales, any longer than they had to. Nostalgia and curiousity alone would sell 500,000 copies to casual fans and that's better sales than most of today's records can hope to accomplish. Look at the charts if you don't believe me.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 05:58:25 PM by Bubba St. Rose » Logged

Opie and Anthony XM Satellite Radio 202 High Voltage Spread the Virus
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #564 on: January 02, 2008, 05:56:42 PM »

My luck:

Hopefully a long ass time from now. nervous

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #565 on: January 02, 2008, 06:51:21 PM »

My luck:

Hopefully a long ass time from now. nervous
What a selfish guy!

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #566 on: January 02, 2008, 07:01:33 PM »

^
HAHAHAHA

Screw you Guys.

U all would take Chinese Democracy over my life? hihi hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #567 on: January 02, 2008, 07:12:47 PM »

and tell people that they didn't know shit about him or his situation

That's still true.

Just because you're frustrated doesn't mean you know more about the situation.

I believe that if things had gone smoothly, the album would've been out.

The recording is done, the album is done. It means something other than that is causing this.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #568 on: January 02, 2008, 07:16:32 PM »

The fact remains that it's not confirmed that the label has the album. That is the general assumption, yes, but still not confirmed.

I'm very skeptical that the label wouldn't want to release the album right when they got their hands on it and I personally side more with the latter half of the statement from the email that 'the label is holding up the release'. Unless a contract was signed that makes it illegal and unethical for the label to release it, logic would think that they would. It's been many years since they wanted the album out and while I certainly don't understand the politics involved, it only makes sense to think that they would want to release it ASAP.

Axl and the band have worked very hard on the album and like Jarmo talked about awhile ago this is Axl's dream and he wants to make sure that such a dream is realized and doesn't become a nightmare. Once all the ducks are in a row we'll hear something.

I don't see the point in discussing it any further. Everyone is just talking about a rumor that can be proven false and getting amped up for potentially nothing. And Mysteron said in December 1 that "nothing was planned".

So, why don't you use a little patience? Yeah yeah...Just a little patience....? Wink
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 07:27:10 PM by mrbucketfoot » Logged
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #569 on: January 02, 2008, 07:55:57 PM »

^
HAHAHAHA

Screw you Guys.

U all would take Chinese Democracy over my life? hihi hihi

...and thus began the human sacrifice period of CD waiting.
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #570 on: January 02, 2008, 09:17:01 PM »

The fact remains that it's not confirmed that the label has the album. That is the general assumption, yes, but still not confirmed.

I'm very skeptical that the label wouldn't want to release the album right when they got their hands on it and I personally side more with the latter half of the statement from the email that 'the label is holding up the release'. Unless a contract was signed that makes it illegal and unethical for the label to release it, logic would think that they would. It's been many years since they wanted the album out and while I certainly don't understand the politics involved, it only makes sense to think that they would want to release it ASAP.

Axl and the band have worked very hard on the album and like Jarmo talked about awhile ago this is Axl's dream and he wants to make sure that such a dream is realized and doesn't become a nightmare. Once all the ducks are in a row we'll hear something.

I don't see the point in discussing it any further. Everyone is just talking about a rumor that can be proven false and getting amped up for potentially nothing. And Mysteron said in December 1 that "nothing was planned".

So, why don't you use a little patience? Yeah yeah...Just a little patience....? Wink

it is confirmed. the only alternative readings of the situation are:

that fortus mis-read the email and therefore replied wrongly (but that woulda been quite a miss-reading);

that the OP lied about the whole thing;

that frtus himself lied;

that fortus only thinks he knows whats going on, but does not actually know, and this led him to give an untrue answer by accident and in good faith.

These are all unlikely, except the second, and in saying that i mean no disrespect to the OP.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #571 on: January 02, 2008, 09:23:04 PM »

Richard's website in multiple places states that "this is not the place for such information" referring to Chinese. Bumblefoot has said the same things.

Once we hear "the label has the album and promotion and release plans are to be carried out immediately" or "the release date of Chinese is such and such", I'll take it seriously. Plans can change, etc., and the only sure, concrete thing is when we see it on GunsNRoses.com or from a press release from Geffen/Universal.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 09:29:29 PM by mrbucketfoot » Logged
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

« Reply #572 on: January 02, 2008, 10:41:31 PM »

Richard's website in multiple places states that "this is not the place for such information" referring to Chinese. Bumblefoot has said the same things.

Once we hear "the label has the album and promotion and release plans are to be carried out immediately" or "the release date of Chinese is such and such", I'll take it seriously. Plans can change, etc., and the only sure, concrete thing is when we see it on GunsNRoses.com or from a press release from Geffen/Universal.

Er...yes...but thats to do with the album comin out, not to do with the album being in the hands of the label which, as i say, is true, in all probability. No one mentioned anyone's website either.

downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #573 on: January 02, 2008, 10:50:26 PM »

That's still true.

The recording is done, the album is done. It means something other than that is causing this.

/jarmo

Just a quick clarification Jarmo, when you say "the album is done," do you mean that mixing and mastering is done as well?  Obviously if it is indeed true that the album has been turned over to the labels that mixing and mastering has been completed, but I don't consider Richard's information to be official (not to suggest that he isn't speaking the truth either).

And while I know you're not one for speculation, but if you had to guess as to what other matters are holding up a release, what would they be?  I'm just curious what your opinion on all of this is.

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

« Reply #574 on: January 02, 2008, 10:58:29 PM »

That's still true.

/jarmo

Just a quick clarification Jarmo, when you say "the album is done," do you mean that mixing and mastering is done as well?? Obviously if it is indeed true that the album has been turned over to the labels that mixing and mastering has been completed, but I don't consider Richard's information to be official (not to suggest that he isn't speaking the truth either).

And while I know you're not one for speculation, but if you had to guess as to what other matters are holding up a release, what would they be?? I'm just curious what your opinion on all of this is.

Cheers,

Andrew

official or unofficial doesnt matter, with respect. it is true and untrue that matters. the album is with the record label in its finished form or it is not. the fsct that we seem to have found that out unnoficially i think is irelevant. As many have said before, its unlikely we'd get an official statement saying "its with the label" anyway. thats hardly standard practice.

we know the label have been hearing mixes, so, FWIW, i rekon IF it is with the label (and i believe it is), then i believe it has been submitted in its final form, having been kinda pre-approved for submission for the label.

Millions
Headliner

It burns when I pee...

« Reply #575 on: January 03, 2008, 01:02:06 AM »

/jarmo

Well, thats all well and good - but what's stopping Axl making a little press release about the delay? Just a little thing like that would help a lot with keeping the fans on his side.
Millions
Headliner

It burns when I pee...

« Reply #576 on: January 03, 2008, 01:11:54 AM »

Why would Axl not send out a little press release about the delay? It doesn't make sense.

UNLESS :

(1) Its about money. Admitting that the delay is because he's haggling over a few dollars would make some fans (not me though) criticize his integrity.
(2) The record company don't think the album is good enough yet. Axl obviously wouldn't want to admit this.
(3) There are good songs, but only enough for one album according to the record company folk, and Axl is insisting on a double album.
Lostrose
Rocker

This here is my hetero-lifemate, Silent Bob.

« Reply #577 on: January 03, 2008, 01:27:36 AM »

Why would Axl not send out a little press release about the delay? It doesn't make sense.

UNLESS :

(1) Its about money. Admitting that the delay is because he's haggling over a few dollars would make some fans (not me though) criticize his integrity.
(2) The record company don't think the album is good enough yet. Axl obviously wouldn't want to admit this.
(3) There are good songs, but only enough for one album according to the record company folk, and Axl is insisting on a double album.

and on that note:  Who the fuck is the record company to argue w/ Axl about music? 
Obviously, he knows how to do his job well...

On the contrary, I think if they were arguing about content, we WOULD hear from Axl.  He would be bitching up a storm for public support.  There are thousands of people like me, who want to hear what Axl has done.  I have faith that it ROCKS.

I guess, I guess, I guess I never fuckin' learn...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #578 on: January 03, 2008, 01:33:48 AM »

the speculation is USELESS.  stop trying to over analyzie everything and just chill until we hear something!!
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #579 on: January 03, 2008, 02:33:34 AM »

the speculation is USELESS.? stop trying to over analyzie everything and just chill until we hear something!!

haha , you say this on page 30?

Bit late,

Im just curious like this person is:

UNLESS :

when after all, Axl said he would keep us updated about anything in regards to chinese democracy,
He said that over a year ago in his letter,
a WHOLE year has passed,
and we have heard absolutely nothing in regards to chinese democracy from axl rose...

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: