Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 01:19:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228477 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD w/ Label = Directly from Richard
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD w/ Label = Directly from Richard  (Read 151010 times)
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #520 on: December 31, 2007, 03:13:17 PM »

happy new year fella, what ya up to tonight?

Drinking.... More drinking.

beer

/jarmo
Drink a few for me. beer

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #521 on: December 31, 2007, 04:01:38 PM »

Happy New Year to one and all

I hope 2008 is a good year for everyone  peace
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #522 on: December 31, 2007, 04:19:07 PM »

I hope 2008 is a good year for everyone  peace

Now you know that people here will take that as a cryptic hint, whether it's meant as one or not, given the thread you posted it in.  Oh well...  hihi 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #523 on: December 31, 2007, 04:21:47 PM »

I hope 2008 is a good year for everyone? peace

Now you know that people here will take that as a cryptic hint, whether it's meant as one or not, given the thread you posted it in.? Oh well...? hihi?

Poor Mysteron, guy can't even post without that happening.

Let the mad speculation begin! hihi
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #524 on: December 31, 2007, 04:32:50 PM »

I hope 2008 is a good year for everyone peace

Now you know that people here will take that as a cryptic hint, whether it's meant as one or not, given the thread you posted it in.  Oh well...  hihi 

Yeah...let's begin shall we?

OK...because the album is Chinese Democracy, Mysteron is using the Chinese calendar.  But on the Chinese calendar, it's  currently year 4704.  So, 2008 on the Chinese calendar is the year 688 BC.

First, I have a "friend" in the industry who has assured me that Axl has recorded exactly 688 tracks in the Chinese Democracy sessions. 

Second, the millions spent on recording this album weren't actually for studio time but to create a time machine, with which Axl traveled back to 688 BC to leave the only copy of the album in what would later become Beijing China, in the hopes that it would be found and inspire future generations of Chinese.  However, it wasn't found until 1209 AD, when Genghis Khan invaded from the Steppes, and after syncing it to his iPod (which was left by Bumblefoot) he decided to keep it for himself.  At his death, he was buried with it, but having had his burial party killed, no one knows where this is.  And that's the main reason for the delay.

At least, that's what I heard.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #525 on: December 31, 2007, 04:51:28 PM »

Can anyone kindly explain to me the significance of the "top friends" on myspace in real life of mature people?
I am a bit bewildered to say the least.... confused

Happy New Year!

Anyone else excited about the Olympics?  The timing is not bad..... Wink

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #526 on: December 31, 2007, 04:57:45 PM »

Can anyone kindly explain to me the significance of the "top friends" on myspace in real life of mature people?
I am a bit bewildered to say the least.... confused

oh man, I can't believe how seriously some people take a stupid friends list.     i had a girl once who took it so seriously and kept insisting that i put her in mine.. needless to say I never put her there just to make a point.  its the internet!

cheers mysteron and happy 2008  beer
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #527 on: December 31, 2007, 05:15:23 PM »

It's still 2007 here.... Dec. 31st...
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #528 on: December 31, 2007, 05:20:05 PM »

OK...because the album is Chinese Democracy, Mysteron is using the Chinese calendar.  But on the Chinese calendar, it's  currently year 4704.  So, 2008 on the Chinese calendar is the year 688 BC.

First, I have a "friend" in the industry who has assured me that Axl has recorded exactly 688 tracks in the Chinese Democracy sessions. 

Second, the millions spent on recording this album weren't actually for studio time but to create a time machine, with which Axl traveled back to 688 BC to leave the only copy of the album in what would later become Beijing China, in the hopes that it would be found and inspire future generations of Chinese.  However, it wasn't found until 1209 AD, when Genghis Khan invaded from the Steppes, and after syncing it to his iPod (which was left by Bumblefoot) he decided to keep it for himself.  At his death, he was buried with it, but having had his burial party killed, no one knows where this is.  And that's the main reason for the delay.

Oh man, I'd SO quote that in my signature if there wasn't a character limit! rofl

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #529 on: December 31, 2007, 05:29:11 PM »

Oh man, I'd SO quote that in my signature if there wasn't a character limit! rofl

Much like the record industry, I'm all about profit.  So in mid 2008, I plan to remaster that quote and rerelease it with a bonus DVD of me looking up stuff on wikipedia and typing it out.  Cha-ching!

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #530 on: December 31, 2007, 06:44:02 PM »

I see your point and realize you're just using an analogy, but a grocery store not having bread or beer is far different than Chinese Democracy not coming out.? As people have stated before, music is a form of art.? It can and will only be released when those that created it feel that it's ready to be released.? And as has been stated before,the band owes us absolutely nothing.? If the album never comes out are our lives gonna be less worth living?? I can understand how some people may be tired of waiting, that's fine, that's your perogative.? All I can say is it'll come out if it's meant to be and don't believe any of these rumors until you hear OFFICIAL word or better yet see Chinese Democracy on the shelves of your local record store.

But it's not like they are overcoming a dry spell. This is something that OFFICIALLY, or if Axl's word can be taken as officially, has been almost done for the better part of a decade. This isn't a case of writer's block. We've heard, what 10 songs from these sessions. That's an album, right there. The more you tinker with it, put a cow bell here, and guitar chord there, the more convoluted it's going to be. Remember Appetite? How raw and aggressive it was? Now, remember the Illusions. Still great albums, but much of the rawness was gone, replace with studio buffoonery, like the stupid phone call in KOHD. Now they've had these songs, and been performing most of them for years now. How much better are they going to get? How much better can they get?

That's the aggravating thing for many fans I think. We've already heard the majority of the songs and we like them. We just want a studio copy so we can listen to it and discuss it without feeling like we're doing something wrong by listening to leaks or bootlegs of shows.

Anyway, that's enough of my rant for the day. Have a good new years!

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #531 on: December 31, 2007, 08:26:09 PM »

Thanks HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL..Have a great one!!!! ok

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #532 on: January 01, 2008, 10:48:02 AM »

Do you guys think that if CD is with the label now, that it's under a different name so that people who aren't meant to know about it yet won't find out? If so, I'd love to find out what it might be called.  Grin hihi
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #533 on: January 01, 2008, 02:50:41 PM »

Do you guys think that if CD is with the label now, that it's under a different name so that people who aren't meant to know about it yet won't find out? If so, I'd love to find out what it might be called.? Grin hihi

Yeah, it's "Blue Harvest"......
Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #534 on: January 01, 2008, 03:00:09 PM »

Do you guys think that if CD is with the label now, that it's under a different name so that people who aren't meant to know about it yet won't find out? If so, I'd love to find out what it might be called.? Grin hihi

Yeah, it's "Blue Harvest"......

I was actually thinking about Star Wars and that's the reason the thought crossed my mind!?But I don't think they do that kind of stuff much anymore, since someone's bound to find out sooner than later... But it'd be fun to know if they have a code name for CD anyway.? Wink

*edit*

Or a nick name, something that only Axl, Baz and a few others know... They could be talking about it anywhere and people would just be like "damn how can they be so interested in ------"? hihi
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 03:05:49 PM by Razzberry » Logged
CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #535 on: January 01, 2008, 06:45:24 PM »

Seriously people, I believe this is the year we will see CD. The record company has the CD. Since they have it now, there is no reason for it not to be released.  This is it people. This is THE YEAR, or IT WILL BE NEVER! I believe it. And you can quote me on that.  Cool
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #536 on: January 02, 2008, 03:26:29 AM »

Seriously people, I believe this is the year we will see CD. The record company has the CD. Since they have it now, there is no reason for it not to be released.? This is it people. This is THE YEAR, or IT WILL BE NEVER! I believe it. And you can quote me on that.? Cool

I have to agree with this - another year with no CD with all of the news we have on how close it is to being finished and what not.  it'll just be a huge joke if we don't get CD this year.  truth is though it won't surprise me if we don't.  I don't think I'll be really excited for it until i see it on store shelves though - all of the rumors in 2007 didn't even get me excited.  when your expectations for a release date are next to nothing, its hard to get excited about much.  hihi

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
greendog
« Reply #537 on: January 02, 2008, 06:41:06 AM »

This is it people. This is THE YEAR, or IT WILL BE NEVER! I believe it. And you can quote me on that.? Cool

If I'd have quoted everyone who has said that each year then I would have a book longer, more interesting and more contradictory than the Bible.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #538 on: January 02, 2008, 07:39:20 AM »

Well, if we're sayin by hook or by crook, and if you mean whyat i think you mean, then yes, there will be more gnr albums, possibly of thus far unnoficially unreleased (and possibly unheard - spot the diference) stuff.

What I mean is this:

Either Axl will release it.

Or the label will eventually sue for rights to the material and they'll release it.

Or Axl will die, and the label will end up with control of the "vaults" and will, eventually, release it.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #539 on: January 02, 2008, 07:47:37 AM »

Problem is the band is the one factor that has built expectation. Touring under the Chinese Democracy banner, and telling people "It'll be out this year ... no wait, THIS year ... no, uh, THIS YEAR for sure!"

You can't have it both ways. If you want your fans to not expect anything, then you don't go pop it into at random club to preview it. You don't let "leaked" copies of songs out. You don't play it for your VIP friends who are going to talk to the press and say "It's done and and it's great!" You can't go out and say it's coming "really soon" and then turn around and tell the fans to expect nothing.

Sure you can.  Witness the fact they have.  Should you?  Well, you know....they're damned if they do, damned if they don't.  If they say nothing, people scream, and yell, and rant and rave because there's silence and they're not communicating with us.  If they communicate, and pass along their INTENTIONS, people scream, and yell, and rant, and rave if everything doesn't go exactly as they intend.  They're in a catch-22.  And in THIS case, you're right: You can't have it both ways.

But that is exactly what's been going on. And it's not fair to GNRs fans. GNR wouldn't mean a God damn thing if it weren't for all the fans who are not rich or famous VIPs.

Then communicate your disdain for what has occured, leave every GnR message board behind, and don't buy any of their "product" ever again.  Don't go to see them in concert, don't buy any albums, etc.  Because, essentially, the rest is just bitching and moaning and accomplishes butkiss.

As for being "fair"......if there's ONE life lesson in this world that everyone needs to learn it's this: "Life is very seldom fair".  Shit happens.  Sometimes it's not fair, but it is what it is.

Imagine if you went shopping at your favorite grocery store and they didn't have any bread (or beer), and the manager told you, "Its on the next shipment, it's coming." So you check back. Again, no bread (or beer), and again the manager says "It's on the way, it's not my fault, the delivery truck broke down, but we have crackers and Zima." And again and again it happens, and you get more excuses, like "Oh, the warehouse is out ... oh it just takes a long time to bake bread and brew beer ... oh the home office won't let us sell bread and beer until later in the year."

Eventually, you quit checking back. I think that's what's going on now. A lot of fans are tired of waiting, so they are not checking back.

Well, there's a fundamental difference between the availability of a staple (like bread) and a luxury/discretionary item (like beer or an album).

And your analogy isn't ENTIRELY correct because, lets face it, I have the OPTION to go somewhere else to get my bread (or beer).  There's no other option with CD.  You either wait patiently, "leave", or bitch and moan fruitlessly.  I choose the first.  Anyone can feel free to choose the 2nd.  But the 3rd is pointless.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 07:51:26 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: