Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 01:20:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228477 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD w/ Label = Directly from Richard
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD w/ Label = Directly from Richard  (Read 151011 times)
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #500 on: December 31, 2007, 10:45:56 AM »

What it boils down to for me is that it doesn?t take a record company 10 years to make an album. It doesn?t even take them five years. In fact, I bet record companies could prep an album for release in as little as six months with a full advertsing campaign and everything. I know that Jarmo thinks that ?We can?t blame the band,? but who do you blame? Record companies want to make money, they are not going to delay a product years at a time, because that defeats their goal of making money. Oh, I know ?timing is everything.? But the time seems to be never.

Other than the fact that GNR is my favorite band, I shouldn?t care. I just do. But I guess I shouldn?t. It?s their legacy, specifically Axl?s legacy, that takes another leap into the toliet everytime a tentative date is set, or a vague promise is made that the album will be out by the end of the year, and nothing happens. In fact, I?ve grown to dislike hearing encouraging news from band members or Axl, because it usually means that we?re headed toward another year of non-release, followed by another long stretch of silence.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #501 on: December 31, 2007, 11:13:08 AM »

I don't think the shows in 2006 and 2007 were exactly what we can call "silence".

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #502 on: December 31, 2007, 11:21:47 AM »

What it boils down to for me is that it doesn?t take a record company 10 years to make an album. It doesn?t even take them five years. In fact, I bet record companies could prep an album for release in as little as six months with a full advertsing campaign and everything. I know that Jarmo thinks that ?We can?t blame the band,? but who do you blame? Record companies want to make money, they are not going to delay a product years at a time, because that defeats their goal of making money. Oh, I know ?timing is everything.? But the time seems to be never.

Then it's never.  See, from what I understand of jarmo's reasoning (and I won't speak for him, it's just my understanding) is that his "We can't blame the band" relates to the fact we shouldn't really "expect" anything.  We need to come to grips with the fact the band OWES us nothing.  We have what we have.  CD is something we'd all like, but it's the bands art.  Thus, it will be ready when the band says it is.  "Blaming" them for the delay is like blaming Picasso because his Blue period was too long.  It just doesn't make sense.

Other than the fact that GNR is my favorite band, I shouldn?t care. I just do. But I guess I shouldn?t. It?s their legacy, specifically Axl?s legacy, that takes another leap into the toliet everytime a tentative date is set, or a vague promise is made that the album will be out by the end of the year, and nothing happens. In fact, I?ve grown to dislike hearing encouraging news from band members or Axl, because it usually means that we?re headed toward another year of non-release, followed by another long stretch of silence.

You nail it in the first couple sentences.   Sometimes it's frustrating, I suppose.  But...live life and expect nothing.  If we get another album (and I think we will, by hook or by crook), great.  If not, we've got a nice catalog to carry us forward.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #503 on: December 31, 2007, 11:56:20 AM »

Its like you marry a really hot girl that you have lots of sex with while you date, but once you marry, not sex and you shouldn't expect it.  Maybe a band like Buckcherry or Jet is like marrying the chubby chic that always wants to fuck.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #504 on: December 31, 2007, 11:56:53 AM »

Just checking in.

Don't have anything to add right now.....

Happy new year!  beer

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #505 on: December 31, 2007, 12:09:15 PM »

Then it's never.? See, from what I understand of jarmo's reasoning (and I won't speak for him, it's just my understanding) is that his "We can't blame the band" relates to the fact we shouldn't really "expect" anything.? We need to come to grips with the fact the band OWES us nothing.? We have what we have.? CD is something we'd all like, but it's the bands art.? Thus, it will be ready when the band says it is.? "Blaming" them for the delay is like blaming Picasso because his Blue period was too long.? It just doesn't make sense.

You nail it in the first couple sentences.? ?Sometimes it's frustrating, I suppose.? But...live life and expect nothing.? If we get another album (and I think we will, by hook or by crook), great.? If not, we've got a nice catalog to carry us forward.

Well, if we're sayin by hook or by crook, and if you mean whyat i think you mean, then yes, there will be more gnr albums, possibly of thus far unnoficially unreleased (and possibly unheard - spot the diference) stuff.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

« Reply #506 on: December 31, 2007, 12:10:14 PM »

Just checking in.

Happy new year!? beer

/jarmo

LOL! Same to you  beer

gav
« Reply #507 on: December 31, 2007, 12:12:50 PM »

Just checking in.

Happy new year!? beer

/jarmo

happy new year fella, what ya up to tonight?

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #508 on: December 31, 2007, 12:14:07 PM »

Welcome to 2008! beer
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #509 on: December 31, 2007, 12:25:11 PM »

happy new year fella, what ya up to tonight?

Drinking.... More drinking.

beer

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #510 on: December 31, 2007, 12:26:31 PM »

Just checking in.

Happy new year!  beer

/jarmo

aw man c'mon can't you tell us some inside info  hihi

happy new year gunners!
greendog
« Reply #511 on: December 31, 2007, 12:39:52 PM »

It really wouldn't suprise me if Jarmo is infact Axl. Everything that points to Jarmo been another human being and people who know Jarmo are just cover ups.

Or maybe im just drinking too much and getting stupidly silly.  beer
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #512 on: December 31, 2007, 12:42:22 PM »

OK, as today's "top friend of jarmo", can I make a suggestion?

Oh, no no you can't be the top friend of Jarmo, that is my spot as I was told so!  We may have to mud wrestle for it!

Happy New Year everyone! beer
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

« Reply #513 on: December 31, 2007, 12:46:31 PM »

OK im out for the remainder, happy new year everyone. enjoy. and if you cant enjoy iy, i hope next year's better for you.

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #514 on: December 31, 2007, 12:49:16 PM »

But it's a cool little heads up from Richard.
I can't begin to pretend to imagine any clue about where they are in the process of getting CD released, but it is nice now and then to get these little head-nods that indicate forward motion.
Yeah, I'm hoping for more news/updates after new years...about my fucking snowblower he OWES me and been waiting on for years!
CD is something we'd all like
Yeah, I see some fans whine about a lousy CD, yet they are perfectly fine with Norwegians (and some sweedes) going without snowblowers.
If thats not a hyporcritical fan then I don't know what is. Roll Eyes

And then all the Ibeliveinaxl asskissers will tell me how Axl don't owe me a snowblower...please.
Welcome to 2008! beer
Soooooooooon, Happy New year all! beer

PS/ quote of the year? Grin
Quote from: greendog
and people who know Jarmo are just cover ups.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #515 on: December 31, 2007, 12:56:32 PM »

Just checking in.

Happy new year!? beer

/jarmo

You better hope Jarmo doesn't see this post, as it adds nothing to the conversation...  Oh, nevermind.... 

Happy New Year all!!!
greendog
« Reply #516 on: December 31, 2007, 01:15:27 PM »

PS/ quote of the year? Grin
Quote from: greendog
and people who know Jarmo are just cover ups.

Im glad my paranoea ammused you.  hihi

Happy New Year everyone!  peace
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #517 on: December 31, 2007, 02:15:18 PM »

Hey Jarmo

While u are at Axl's house tonight partying

Give me a call during the CD listening party! hihi hihi ok

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #518 on: December 31, 2007, 02:45:10 PM »

Then it's never.? See, from what I understand of jarmo's reasoning (and I won't speak for him, it's just my understanding) is that his "We can't blame the band" relates to the fact we shouldn't really "expect" anything.? We need to come to grips with the fact the band OWES us nothing.? We have what we have.? CD is something we'd all like, but it's the bands art.? Thus, it will be ready when the band says it is.? "Blaming" them for the delay is like blaming Picasso because his Blue period was too long.? It just doesn't make sense.

Problem is the band is the one factor that has built expectation. Touring under the Chinese Democracy banner, and telling people "It'll be out this year ... no wait, THIS year ... no, uh, THIS YEAR for sure!"

You can't have it both ways. If you want your fans to not expect anything, then you don't go pop it into at random club to preview it. You don't let "leaked" copies of songs out. You don't play it for your VIP friends who are going to talk to the press and say "It's done and and it's great!" You can't go out and say it's coming "really soon" and then turn around and tell the fans to expect nothing.

But that is exactly what's been going on. And it's not fair to GNRs fans. GNR wouldn't mean a God damn thing if it weren't for all the fans who are not rich or famous VIPs.

Imagine if you went shopping at your favorite grocery store and they didn't have any bread (or beer), and the manager told you, "Its on the next shipment, it's coming." So you check back. Again, no bread (or beer), and again the manager says "It's on the way, it's not my fault, the delivery truck broke down, but we have crackers and Zima." And again and again it happens, and you get more excuses, like "Oh, the warehouse is out ... oh it just takes a long time to bake bread and brew beer ... oh the home office won't let us sell bread and beer until later in the year."

Eventually, you quit checking back. I think that's what's going on now. A lot of fans are tired of waiting, so they are not checking back.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #519 on: December 31, 2007, 03:08:08 PM »

I see your point and realize you're just using an analogy, but a grocery store not having bread or beer is far different than Chinese Democracy not coming out.  As people have stated before, music is a form of art.  It can and will only be released when those that created it feel that it's ready to be released.  And as has been stated before,the band owes us absolutely nothing.  If the album never comes out are our lives gonna be less worth living?  I can understand how some people may be tired of waiting, that's fine, that's your perogative.  All I can say is it'll come out if it's meant to be and don't believe any of these rumors until you hear OFFICIAL word or better yet see Chinese Democracy on the shelves of your local record store.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: