Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:28:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD w/ Label = Directly from Richard
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD w/ Label = Directly from Richard  (Read 152380 times)
Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #380 on: December 29, 2007, 02:31:03 PM »

In the same way the band doesn't own the fans a thing, the fans don't owe the band anything either. Buy CD or download the motherfucker for free, the choice is yours, I know what I'm doing.... smoking

He is living in a great mansion thanks to the fans ... every fucking famous artists recognize that EVERYTHING they are is because the fan base ...
And some of you ... fans ... believe that Axl has nothing to do with us ... you are completly wrong ...

Oh my f***ing god. Axl lives in a mansion because he's a musical genious. So he has fans... Even Donald Trump has earned his money "through" other people. If you know what I mean. If he was alone on this planet then yeah, he would be NOTHING. But that doesn't mean he should be kissing our asses all the time.
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #381 on: December 29, 2007, 02:42:29 PM »

can we stop the insulting thing and irritating each other, and keep ontopic and friendly or someone please lock this thread
user FKA webmoster
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #382 on: December 29, 2007, 02:43:23 PM »

Quote from: jarmo
The problem ass clowns like yourself have with me is that I tell you to fuck off instead of kissing your ass...

/jarmo

According to your logic (or lack there of)...

/jarmo

If you come here to whine about GN'R because your life sucks, just fuck off and have a happy new year. Smiley

/jarmo

I've accepted that Slash has difficulties in communicating and what he says often doesn't give a truthful description of what actually happened.  Smiley

/jarmo

If it's boring, then maybe your life is boring.

/jarmo

Quote from: spaghetti_incident
I think a lot of us know that Guns n' Roses needs Axl's voice to be able to call it Guns n' Roses.  However, many others have added their talents too and you seem to want to say that people who support the old band are less of a fan.  Then you call them a whiner when they would like to wonder what is going on with the new band and information on CD.  You can get your point across without being rude to people or acting condescending.
Don't ever give me lessons about being rude to people. You are not the right person for that!

A faceless coward giving me advice. Please.

/jarmo

You're fucking boring.

/jarmo

I'm not the one sitting behind my computer giving Axl career advise while living with my parents, or whining about setlists at shows I never attended.

/jarmo

jarmo, it seems youre no stranger to insulting people either. maybe you should ban yourself, and these are only a few of the times youve insulted people on the boards, and exmembers of the band.

if anyone takes a look at jarmo's posts you will see that his sarcasm is extremely insulting to others on the board. i feel hes being a bit of a hypocrite. and if someone is expressing their opinions about ex-members or current members, even if  they're negative opinions, this is a discussion board, where people are meant to express their opinions on GNR.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 02:46:26 PM by user FKA webmoster » Logged
Wasted_youth
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #383 on: December 29, 2007, 02:47:22 PM »

where has all the love gone?? i know u must all know what  love is. some fans have gone Locomotive
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #384 on: December 29, 2007, 02:50:34 PM »

if anyone takes a look at jarmo's posts you will see that his sarcasm is extremely insulting to others on the board. i feel hes being a bit of a hypocrite. and if someone is expressing their opinions about ex-members or current members, even if  they're negative opinions, this is a discussion board, where people are meant to express their opinions on GNR.

i'm sorry, but you're going to tell the guy who built, owns, and runs this site what the site is meant for?   

of course you'll just say I'm kissing ass, but seriously?   Jarmo has said several times this site is not an outlet for people to constantly complain about something they have no control over.     it all goes back to what are you owed?  not a damn thing.. so if you are going to spend time and post on a guns n' roses fan site, it would make sense that you are here because you do support the band and you do enjoy the music and you do respect Axl and the rest of the band as artists and individuals.

I have a feeling no matter how frustrated any of us get that there is still no album, its even more frustrating to those who have put all this time and energy into making it.. and that means Axl, the rest of the guys in the band, the record label, and anyone else involved in the GnR camp.   We are here because we are fans and we support them.   We aren't here to spread lies, act ungreatful, and whine about every little thing we disagree with.  JMO.   
user FKA webmoster
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #385 on: December 29, 2007, 02:52:38 PM »

i'm sorry, but you're going to tell the guy who built, owns, and runs this site what the site is meant for?   

of course you'll just say I'm kissing ass, but seriously?   Jarmo has said several times this site is not an outlet for people to constantly complain about something they have no control over.     it all goes back to what are you owed?  not a damn thing.. so if you are going to spend time and post on a guns n' roses fan site, it would make sense that you are here because you do support the band and you do enjoy the music and you do respect Axl and the rest of the band as artists and individuals.

I have a feeling no matter how frustrated any of us get that there is still no album, its even more frustrating to those who have put all this time and energy into making it.. and that means Axl, the rest of the guys in the band, the record label, and anyone else involved in the GnR camp.   We are here because we are fans and we support them.   We aren't here to spread lies, act ungreatful, and whine about every little thing we disagree with.  JMO.   

ok, fine thats fair enough. but that still doesnt make up for Jarmo's insulting others on the boards. personally, my post had nothing to do with the album, and how its been delayed. i just feel jarmo is being a bit of a hypocrite.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #386 on: December 29, 2007, 02:55:31 PM »

I have a feeling no matter how frustrated any of us get that there is still no album, its even more frustrating to those who have put all this time and energy into making it.. and that means Axl, the rest of the guys in the band, the record label, and anyone else involved in the GnR camp.? ?We are here because we are fans and we support them.? ?We aren't here to spread lies, act ungreatful, and whine about every little thing we disagree with.? JMO.? ?

This is what it all boils down to!
seely
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #387 on: December 29, 2007, 03:04:41 PM »

Until it shows up on the band's website and/or in a press release from Axl, *nothing* is official.?

Well at least it's the most 'official' thing we've heard from the GN'R camp since 1999

(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

----------------------------------------------------
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #388 on: December 29, 2007, 03:18:03 PM »

jarmo, it seems youre no stranger to insulting people either. maybe you should ban yourself, and these are only a few of the times youve insulted people on the boards, and exmembers of the band.

Oh my.

Yes, I've probably insulted a few posters over the years.

Does it mean they're all innocent?

Look, if you come here only to whine and bitch and try to bring me down, don't be surprised if I make fun of you.

I insulted ex-members because I said that? Please...

What is your problem?

You have nothing to add to the topic other than attack me for insulting the trolls.

What's your point?

Should I ban myself and let you run this place down? Is that what you want?

Did I ban your previous username and it upsets you?

What exactly is it that you're after?

Tell me.

None of you whiners have answered my question about what exactly you think you will accomplish with this fucking whining. I'm still waiting.

What exactly does your whining and moaning about shit you have no control over add to this site? Please tell me.

How does it help?

I have no fucking idea except you love the attention.

Now, please go look at ALL the insults aimed at me here and on other sites.

this is a discussion board, where people are meant to express their opinions on GNR.

Beware! The following might offend you:

When will you fucking get that this board isn't aimed at everybody?

Didn't I just explain it earlier in this thread or do you just skip every post that's not a reply to your own posts?

This board isn't meant to express opinions about GN'R if those opinions are intended to spread lies, bullshit, negativity and other things, such as illegal downloads and personal information, I don't want here.

Do you get it?

It's not some birth right you have to post here. Try to fucking get it already.

When will you understand it?

I'm not here to make your wish of bashing GN'R come true. Go look for somebody else to play that part.

I'm a hypocrite because you're pissing on us and you want me to pretend it's raining.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #389 on: December 29, 2007, 03:28:00 PM »

I dont believe GNR have ever intentionally lied to us.

I am a musician and sometimes things just dont happen the way u plan.

My band was suppose to play this New Year Eve's show at a club where I live, but things happened beyond our control and we are no longer going to be able to play.

Shit happens..... But As I've always stated.

The wait is gonna be worth it. No matter how much longer it is. ok

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #390 on: December 29, 2007, 03:31:48 PM »

You don't even have to be a musician in order to understand that....

Unfortunately people who know nothing about what kind of lives others live are either not in possession of that little important piece of knowledge or they just choose to discard it. In their world everything is simple and goes according to plan. All the time.

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
masterrecorder
Opening Act

That's called the blues...

« Reply #391 on: December 29, 2007, 03:40:13 PM »

If you don't want that, you can go over to some other messageboard that is poorly maintained and start fighting with some morons that are more interested in Axl's "braids" than in his music. It's YOUR choice.
But there is no censorship (Merck's Open Letter) Lips Sealed
OreGunsNRoses
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #392 on: December 29, 2007, 03:40:56 PM »

I have a feeling no matter how frustrated any of us get that there is still no album, its even more frustrating to those who have put all this time and energy into making it.. and that means Axl, the rest of the guys in the band, the record label, and anyone else involved in the GnR camp.? ?We are here because we are fans and we support them.? ?We aren't here to spread lies, act ungreatful, and whine about every little thing we disagree with.? JMO.? ?

This is what it all boils down to!
whining about shit is the best part of being a fan of GNR these days. Its all we got
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #393 on: December 29, 2007, 03:49:48 PM »

You don't even have to be a musician in order to understand that....

Unfortunately people who know nothing about what kind of lives others live are either not in possession of that little important piece of knowledge or they just choose to discard it. In their world everything is simple and goes according to plan. All the time.

No, that's an oversimplification. Yes, delays happen, shit falls apart, people have bad days, months and years. I think the reason that GNR is getting shit from people on message boards and in the press about CD not coming out is that it's been promised time and again. We've been told that 98 percent of it was done. We've been told it'd be out by the end of the year for several years. While some of this has been garbage, some of it came directly from Uncle Axl's own mouth. Usually he's vague, but he does make it sound like the album is right around the corner.
A tentative release date was set, and it went by with nothing. But if it's to the point a tentative date can be set, what can take so long to delay it another year. The suspect in all of this is that Axl continues to tinker with the album. But the more you tinker with something, the more chance it has of becoming a convoluted mess ? something that many are going to think this album is before they ever hear it. It's a little like cooking. If you keep going back and adding different spices, eventually you loose the flavor of what you set out to make, and wind up with something no one but the dog will eat.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #394 on: December 29, 2007, 03:57:04 PM »

A tentative release date was set, and it went by with nothing. But if it's to the point a tentative date can be set, what can take so long to delay it another year. The suspect in all of this is that Axl continues to tinker with the album.

Well, there's the problem.

As soon as somebody says "it's almost done" or "we hope to release it this year", some immediately make it seem like everything is set in stone.

Then they feel let down and get upset while blaming the band.

The tentative release date was set because if everything had gone smoothly, the album could've been out in March.

If Baz says it's done and the recording was finished in January, that's all you need to know. I don't really understand how you can come to the conlusion that it's been worked on (meaning recording) since....

/jarmo

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #395 on: December 29, 2007, 04:00:19 PM »

My band was suppose to play this New Year Eve's show at a club where I live, but things happened beyond our control and we are no longer going to be able to play.

Shit happens..... But As I've always stated.

The wait is gonna be worth it. No matter how much longer it is. ok

Dammit! ?D's Destroyers have been giving excuse after excuse after excuse. ?I'm sick of it! ?Ever since the original D's Destroyers band broke up, I've been hearing the same excuses...well I'm sick of it! ?I've bought all of your albums: ?Sheep Lovin', Sheep Lovin' Volume III: ?She's baaaaa-d to the bone, and the original band's last album, The K-Y Incident. ?You owe us D! ?What the hell!

CD will rock, and rock hard. ?Richard's one sentence was my Christmas present 2007. ?I honestly believe, the next official news we hear from the band will be the announcement of a release and tour info. ? beer

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Wasted_youth
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #396 on: December 29, 2007, 04:08:03 PM »

Hell, if they hold off the release to September the band will lose any momentum and grow tired of waiting. Plus if the Label hold onto it for that long someone will leak it. From what ive read Geffen may not be around very long so that could be the only reason they havent started planning its release. THat would kinda suck, i bet the band is just itching to get stuck into being Guns N roses instead of Axl and the replacement Guns. Sure id love to play songs like Jungle and Paradise City but id have more passion for music i helped build from nothing into a mega tune.

I fucken hope the bloody label dont destroy Chinese Democracy before we can even judge it. Basically a label is a bunch of greedy businessmen that no longer give a damn about the power of music over the all mighty dollar. Fuck i can see Geffen totally using CD as the number 1 selling point. AH fuck, i hope axls lawyers made sure axl still owns the rights to his music..

FUCK FUCK FUCK, im not sure if this person is just self promoting and talking shit cause i dont know wtf is going on. its insane, its so crazy, its Axl Rose, its rocking roll,,,, finally its got us guessing again and not  the usual same old story. Thats why guns rocked out in the early days. they was just like life is, uncertain, real and different. You never knew what you  was gonna get and when u got something that blew your mind and was so real it made u feel alive you fell in love with the Guns movement. Thats why we are all here waiting, debating, masturbating and fornicating.

AHHHH no matter what, ill still enjoy the style of Guns N Roses, the coolness of the old band and the promise of the new band all along mesmorized by Axl Rose and his ability to be a RockStar or the highest quality... I would accept nothing less than perfection if i was the one behind Guns n Roses. Axl knows it has to be to open up narrow minds to the concept that guns n roses is alive and rocking. Love him or hate him, he is a Rockstar that hasnt sold out to his fans by giving them anything less than his best. I personally think... i love what ive heard so far and hope a few surprises aka the Big Gun songs are still being held back.. sweet
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #397 on: December 29, 2007, 04:08:33 PM »

A tentative release date was set, and it went by with nothing. But if it's to the point a tentative date can be set, what can take so long to delay it another year. The suspect in all of this is that Axl continues to tinker with the album.

The tentative release date was set because if everything had gone smoothly, the album could've been out in March.

If Baz says it's done and the recording was finished in January, that's all you need to know. I don't really understand how you can come to the conlusion that it's been worked on (meaning recording) since....

/jarmo

It is logical and reasonable that he believes that axl is still tinkering with the album. let's say i agree with you that he planned on letting it go on march 6th if everything had gone to plan. Fine. So, that would mean that the album was finshed and ready to go. you dont say something like before the end of 2006 ?if the album is not finshed. then all of a sudden, we get word that they had to cancel the shows in the beginning of 2007 so ron and frank could go into the studio....to do what? yup, record....so it is completely reasonable based upon what has already happened that axl is still tinkering....

/ibelieveinaxl

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
SterileEyes
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #398 on: December 29, 2007, 04:20:25 PM »

/jarmo

Because Del said in late February it was still being mixed, which definitely meant it was "still being worked on" - UYI took over a year just to mix.

I hope it's done and I hope this happens in 2008, I just won't be surprised if it doesn't happen. Releasing possibly 3 or 4 CDs at once or in succession could mean any number of formats, no album ever has had this much money put into it, and no rock legend has ever had an album anticipated like this, and CDs don't sell anymore. I definitely understand that this is a lot more complicated than 'Axl's lying to us' or 'It's all Axl's fault'.

And by the way Jarmo, yeah, there's a lot of trolls (maybe I'm one of them), but it doesn't always mean our lives must suck if we criticize the band or Axl or maybe think we've been lied to a bit as fans on occasion. I don't think it's fair to say people who criticize the band aren't fans or have no life. If you're a Lakers fan or of any random sports team, you can't possibly say they've always 100% made the right decisions and done the right things...it doesn't make you any less of a fan or any less of a person. I don't think being a fan of a band should have a different standard.

Follow the link below to hear my cover of "Pretty Tied Up"

http://www.myspace.com/marlahooch1
Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #399 on: December 29, 2007, 04:28:54 PM »

Love him or hate him, he is a Rockstar that hasnt sold out to his fans by giving them anything less than his best.

This is what some people don't seem to get. Who wants an album that isn't the best they (he) can do? I'm sure Axl wants it to be the perfect "comeback" record. He could have given songs to the record company all this time, but the songs would not have been ready. I'm sure he could have also made a lot of money by giving them an album every 2 years since the break-up of the old band. But maybe, just maybe it isn't about the money, it's about the MUSIC.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: