Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:29:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD w/ Label = Directly from Richard
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD w/ Label = Directly from Richard  (Read 152389 times)
Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #360 on: December 29, 2007, 01:11:44 PM »

Um, hello, who's website is this (it's still Jarmo's I think!)... ?Roll Eyes Tongue

You can't insult people in real life, so why should anyone let you do it here? Just because they can't hunt you down when you hide behind a screen name? ?Tongue

Jarmo has the power to take down the whole website if he wants to (at least I think he still does). So stop your whining and be happy that we have a messageboard and mods that at least try to keep the conversation clean. There are even some "insiders" among us who try their hardest to give us hints about what's gonna happen next in the gnr world. If you don't want that, you can go over to some other messageboard that is poorly maintained and start fighting with some morons that are more interested in Axl's "braids" than in his music. It's YOUR choice.

I love a good conversation and I admire people who say their honest opinion on things. But when you don't have anything creative to say anymore you should stop talking...

drool

(this post is not meant to anyone in particular- it's just my opinion on things)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 01:27:00 PM by Razzberry » Logged
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #361 on: December 29, 2007, 01:24:49 PM »

"Axl: We hadn't written songs or recorded for many years. There were band changes and there were many changes in the record company. People in the record company had many opinions and they wanted to make the best possible record. Every time that we thought that we had the correct songs, then somebody thought that we could make it better. We started over, we continued adding songs, continued recording and recording."

This quote DOES NOT mean the record company rejected the album. That is how the business normally works for almost all bands with major label contracts. ok

I don't buy it. Other bands don't take more than 10 years to get out an album. After the millions they've put into this, you'd think they'd rather release something instead of nothing. And how much say should a fucking record company executive in a suit have on what goes on the next Guns-n-Roses album anyway. I thought Guns was about doing their own thing and not giving a fuck what the world had to say about it. Why should a bunch of stiffs in suits decide that CD isn't good enough and send it back? If that's really the case, then Axl has ripped the balls out of his band and sold out ? which I don't think is the case.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #362 on: December 29, 2007, 01:25:04 PM »

jarmo im curious. i know you banned him in the heat of the discussion because he was personally attacking people, but, did you PM him or anything to let him know that if he kept it up he would be banned? or did you just read one comment that "broke the camels back" and decide to ban him?

He knows the reasons and he understands it was a mistake to post what he did.

Its not so much that, Jarmo - I just like a bit of banter - and people are starting to back away from lively debate nowadays because they're scared you'll ban them.

Debate? People are using very weird logic to "prove" they're right.

How can you even debate with somebody who has the opinion that tentative means a promise?

I agree that there is a lot of crap, frustration and anger on the board sometimes, but I just think its understandable, given the futile 16 year wait.

I can understand that for some the so called wait is frustrating.

Does it mean I have to let them surround me with their constant bitching?

Why do I have to allow those people to have a forum for their negativity? Explain it to me.

Freedom of speech? Sure, you can have it somewhere else.

I don't know what kind of original stuff you are expecting people to come up with - surely everything to say about Use Your Illusion has already been said?  There's nothing left to say, really. Hence the same old arguments. Once/ if the new album comes out, things will obviously be totally different.

Well, I'm not expecting anything like that from anybody.

All I've asked for more than once, and you should know it too, is that people understand that we are not here to whine, bitch and moan.

I have zero interest in running a GN'R fan site dedicated to putting the band down and the fans who remain supportive.

Does that make any sense to you or is it just about my love for power?

So, give me a good explanation on why I should let people come here and whine about my favorite band.

What you seem to not understand is that we are not trying to get everybody to come here.

I know a lot of people hate this site and me. I am aware. I don't care. I'm not in some popularity contest trying to impress kids who weren't even born when AFD was released and who are trying to teach me what GN'R is about by quoting song lyrics.

Before somebody takes this out of context, I don't care if you became a fan in the 80s or yesterday as long as you understand what we're about. Your age, gender, nationality etc has nothing to do with that. As long as you understand the idea behind this fan site. And understand, that just because somebody else has a site dedicated to the same band, and it's ok to post things there, it might not be ok here.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 05:11:16 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Millions
Headliner

It burns when I pee...

« Reply #363 on: December 29, 2007, 01:25:46 PM »

I agree, Razzberry - thats a well written message - but you mention people should only write if they have something creative to say. Being realistic, how is that going to happen? After 15 years of discussing the same albums, there is going to be some repetition. We're not all Phd students doing dissertations on Guns N Roses, after all.

And who's is to say what comments are worthwhile? No-one should be arrogant to think that they are ALWAYS right - and if you disagree you get banned.

Having said that, I agree with what you say about stupid conversations about Axl's braids or whatever.  BUT if the criteria is that we have to say something original or say nothing, the board will soon be a ghost town. Thats what happens when a band does nothing for 15 years, sadly.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #364 on: December 29, 2007, 01:29:19 PM »

And who's is to say what comments are worthwhile? No-one should be arrogant to think that they are ALWAYS right - and if you disagree you get banned.

This is the problem with you people.

You think I ban people because they disagree with me.

Not because they insult others, post leaks and because they simpy have no respect for this place.

It's always "I was banned for disagreeing".

Bullshit.

Do you know how many times have I been insulted by these people because they just don't know what to say?

They argue and argue and then it ends with "you're a geeky ass kisser jackass nazi!".

So the person gets banned and it's because he/she disagrees with me? Please.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #365 on: December 29, 2007, 01:43:48 PM »

but you mention people should only write if they have something creative to say. Being realistic, how is that going to happen? After 15 years of discussing the same albums, there is going to be some repetition. We're not all Phd students doing dissertations on Guns N Roses, after all.

Well it kinda came out differently than I meant it. Creative or original (to me) is anyone's opinion on anything, as long as they explain why they think that way and don't repeat themselves unnecessarily often. If there's a thread about a song and you don't like that song, you tell people that and WHY you don't like it. But it's unnecessary to post the same comment over and over again. Say what you have to say, but at the same time respect other people's opinions. Because you know you can't change them. At least not by repeating your own opinion over and over again.
Millions
Headliner

It burns when I pee...

« Reply #366 on: December 29, 2007, 01:53:49 PM »

I can see why that would be irritating, Jarmo. Irritating as hell, in fact. But I still think it would be a nice festive gesture to give Youngunner a few days to cool off and apologise, and maybe let him post again. Look at the years of contributing to the board he's done.

And if you're that frustrated, why not just skip over certain posts. I see a lot of shit on here sometimes - but I just skim quickly through it, I don't waste my time getting bogged down in arguments with everyone who talks crap - it would drive me absolutely insane. Look at any message board on the internet though - they're all the same - its just human nature. And unless you can afford to pay someone full-time to regulate everything, you'll give yourself a heart attack.

You talk about being original - there's a post on another board right now about 'Axl and Voodoo' or something. What is the point?!? Its just.... I don't even know what to say! Original isn't necessarily good.
carlossacanell
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #367 on: December 29, 2007, 02:05:01 PM »

This is the problem with you people.

You think I ban people because they disagree with me.

Not because they insult others, post leaks and because they simpy have no respect for this place.

It's always "I was banned for disagreeing".

Bullshit.

Do you know how many times have I been insulted by these people because they just don't know what to say?

They argue and argue and then it ends with "you're a geeky ass kisser jackass nazi!".

So the person gets banned and it's because he/she disagrees with me? Please.

/jarmo

That?s not true in my case.
I was banned by Jarmo a few years ago, and the reason was that i was telling people my opinion about Axl. I did that with the whole respect a great singer like Axl have for me ...
I just was telling people Axl had lied us a lot of times... and the only reason for the delay of CD was and is AXL ... and i was banned ... that?s the true.

You are not right Jarmo, you think people must not to blame Axl and the situation (joke) of the album during this years...
My point of view is quite different. Maybe ... if EVERY GUNS fan were like me and other people  ... then AXL and the LABEL would have to REALISE the album. But there are a lot of people like JARMO who just don?t complaint and keep idollatring Axl like the Mesias ... that?s the reason Axl don?t put the album out.

Said that ... now you can ban me if you want...
Carlos.
A real fan from Spain
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #368 on: December 29, 2007, 02:05:50 PM »

You talk about being original - there's a post on another board right now about 'Axl and Voodoo' or something. What is the point?!? Its just.... I don't even know what to say! Original isn't necessarily good.

rofl

Yea, that is some originality that we really don't need here. ?I think when there are lack of things to really talk about that these arguments seem to happen. ?Maybe those that are that easily frustrated by lack of news should take a breather when nothing is happening in GNR land. ?

I personally feel pretty positive about the fact that this topic is still up. ?To me that means there is some substance to it and even if I still have to wait a bit, knowing the album is that much closer makes me feel pretty good!
carlossacanell
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #369 on: December 29, 2007, 02:08:13 PM »

It?s easy to have your position when someone is in a advantageg scenario over the rest of us ...

There are a lot of ways to buy people?s opinion ... tickets, access to the VIP area, meet with band members, be the first one listening new demos... etc etc
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #370 on: December 29, 2007, 02:08:43 PM »

My point of view is quite different. Maybe ... if EVERY GUNS fan were like me and other people? ... then AXL and the LABEL would have to REALISE the album. But there are a lot of people like JARMO who just don?t complaint and keep idollatring Axl like the Mesias ... that?s the reason Axl don?t put the album out.

Carlos.
A real fan from Spain

So you think that if every GNR fan was angry and irritated all the time and think Axl has nothing better to do than personally lie to you (as if he knows you) that this would get the label to release the album?

The level of people's delusions on here never cease to amaze me.
carlossacanell
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #371 on: December 29, 2007, 02:13:47 PM »

My point of view is quite different. Maybe ... if EVERY GUNS fan were like me and other people? ... then AXL and the LABEL would have to REALISE the album. But there are a lot of people like JARMO who just don?t complaint and keep idollatring Axl like the Mesias ... that?s the reason Axl don?t put the album out.

Carlos.
A real fan from Spain

So you think that if every GNR fan was angry and irritated all the time and think Axl has nothing better to do than personally lie to you (as if he knows you) that this would get the label to release the album?

Not exactly ... you took bad my words ... I just say that if all of us ask him in every concert for the album ... maybe he would have to think about that possibility ...
I?ve been in four different concerts during last tour ... and never heard somebody chanting "we want the album" and yes "we want slash"
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #372 on: December 29, 2007, 02:15:26 PM »

In the same way the band doesn't own the fans a thing, the fans don't owe the band anything either. Buy CD or download the motherfucker for free, the choice is yours, I know what I'm doing.... smoking

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
carlossacanell
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #373 on: December 29, 2007, 02:17:06 PM »

and when i say he is lying us ... in the past and the present ... i mean:
-how many times he has promised the album will be out this year ,,, we are putting final touches ... since 2000 or 2001 ...
-tentative release date 6/3 ... if not then we will give another date as soon as possible ...

etc etc ...
He is not lying me, he doesn?t knows me ... he is lying all the fans ... deny this is ridiculous...
carlossacanell
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #374 on: December 29, 2007, 02:19:49 PM »

In the same way the band doesn't own the fans a thing, the fans don't owe the band anything either. Buy CD or download the motherfucker for free, the choice is yours, I know what I'm doing.... smoking

He is living in a great mansion thanks to the fans ... every fucking famous artists recognize that EVERYTHING they are is because the fan base ...
And some of you ... fans ... believe that Axl has nothing to do with us ... you are completly wrong ...

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #375 on: December 29, 2007, 02:21:05 PM »

I can see why that would be irritating, Jarmo. Irritating as hell, in fact. But I still think it would be a nice festive gesture to give Youngunner a few days to cool off and apologise, and maybe let him post again. Look at the years of contributing to the board he's done.

Don't worry about it, I have talked to him.

And if you're that frustrated, why not just skip over certain posts.

You don't seem to get it.

If I just let people post shit without saying anything about it, what do you think they'll do?

Post more or stop whining?

That?s not true in my case.
I was banned by Jarmo a few years ago, and the reason was that i was telling people my opinion about Axl. I did that with the whole respect a great singer like Axl have for me ...
I just was telling people Axl had lied us a lot of times... and the only reason for the delay of CD was and is AXL ... and i was banned ... that?s the true.

Oh, so you admit that you were banned.

Your opinion is posted as facts without you knowing the facts. That's like posting bullshit news stories.

A real fan from Spain

I love it how these whiners are always the real fans. Those who support the band through all the shit are not real fans.  rofl

Because you're from Spain, maybe you'll understand this. When Kimi R?ikk?nen won the championship, instead of crybaby Alonso or his good friend Hamilton, it felt amazing because I supported him all year instead of starting to think shit like "kimi can't drive, he sucks!".

Now, tap yourself on the back because you're such a real fan.

It?s easy to have your position when someone is in a advantageg scenario over the rest of us ...

There are a lot of ways to buy people?s opinion ... tickets, access to the VIP area, meet with band members, be the first one listening new demos... etc etc

You obviously believe all the fairy tales.

He is not lying me, he doesn?t knows me ... he is lying all the fans ... deny this is ridiculous...

You're a lost cause.

/jarmo

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #376 on: December 29, 2007, 02:21:15 PM »

Carlos.
A real fan from Spain

Not exactly ... you took bad my words ... I just say that if all of us ask him in every concert for the album ... maybe he would have to think about that possibility ...
I?ve been in four different concerts during last tour ... and never heard somebody chanting "we want the album" and yes "we want slash"

I read your whole post and I still find it delusional.

Most people go to GNR shows because they want to actually SEE the band, not to chant at them or to start demanding things from them.

The fact that you think you are owed anything by Axl or the record label or anyone else for that matter is what is making you delusional.

If the band has ceased to give you enjoyment and you have nothing but complaints maybe you should focus on something that does give you pleasure. ?

NO ONE is lying to you, YOU were given the best information that was had at that TIME. ?Hence the use of the word TENTATIVE (by no means is this a promise!)

Do you really believe that it makes Axl happy or anyone else in the band that the record is finished and now being held up by circumstances that are beyond their control?Huh?

Get a grip!
Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #377 on: December 29, 2007, 02:23:07 PM »

Yeah that I guess is way too original. I don't know what that message is about and I don't think I ever want to know either. But it sounds creepy AND delusional. Thank god we don't have that kind of sh*t here... right? Shocked

nervous
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #378 on: December 29, 2007, 02:24:44 PM »

Fernando Alonso lied to you when he said he was gonna win the championship! He hoped to win it! It was a promise!

He lied to you and all the F1 fans, especially all the Spanish fans.

yes

That's how silly you are.

/jarmo

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #379 on: December 29, 2007, 02:28:10 PM »

He is living in a great mansion thanks to the fans ... every fucking famous artists recognize that EVERYTHING they are is because the fan base ...
And some of you ... fans ... believe that Axl has nothing to do with us ... you are completly wrong ...

So, what do you want?  You want Axl to invite you over for tea and crumpets since you personally paid for his house?

He lives there because he is talented and people appreciate his music. 

You are just way off base at this point.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: