Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:29:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD w/ Label = Directly from Richard
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD w/ Label = Directly from Richard  (Read 152558 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #340 on: December 29, 2007, 02:29:33 AM »

Younggunner insulted someone outside of the discussion for no reason in order to make fun of Jim Bob. It was cheap, rude and just plain sad in any means. Period.

Jim Bob, jarmo and youngguner were discussing with though words. It's a whole different case.

Also, why all this shit about frustration on the album? Is really that hard to go to the right thread and post the same thing, leaving the main section to discuss proper news?

Here's a tip:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=49910.0

See? Not that hard.

I would love to discuss here about the possible near future we have taken from this Richard quote. Really. I'm not interested in what people who tries to hijack every single thread to beat the fucking dead horse may want to say about the wait for the album. That's why we have threads, to separete the topics in order to proper discuss it.

gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #341 on: December 29, 2007, 03:09:54 AM »

Younggunner insulted someone outside of the discussion for no reason in order to make fun of Jim Bob. It was cheap, rude and just plain sad in any means. Period.

Jim Bob, jarmo and youngguner were discussing with though words. It's a whole different case.

Also, why all this shit about frustration on the album? Is really that hard to go to the right thread and post the same thing, leaving the main section to discuss proper news?

Here's a tip:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=49910.0

See? Not that hard.

I would love to discuss here about the possible near future we have taken from this Richard quote. Really. I'm not interested in what people who tries to hijack every single thread to beat the fucking dead horse may want to say about the wait for the album. That's why we have threads, to separete the topics in order to proper discuss it.

Lets get back on topic and move foward...

Everytime someone tries to steer this thread back onto its actual topic,

on topic;

these tadbits of info we get from the gnr members are just enough to keep everyone going,
but not enough to solidify an actual substantial piece of information that is considered "news"

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #342 on: December 29, 2007, 03:11:06 AM »

The album at any point from 2000 could have been released

what a stupid fucking comment.   you don't know!!   you aren't Axl Rose, you aren't a member of Guns N Roses, how about you shut the fuck up and STOP stating your bullshit assumptions like they are facts.   

Im confused, if younggunner was banned for insulting people what happened to JimBob for this above comment?

i never insulted him.  i insulted his comment.. and it was a gross assumption.

I would say telling someone to "how about you shut the fuck up" in reponse to them expressing their opinion is considered an insult.  Here is a dictionary explanation of an insult that I surfed off the web:

To treat with gross insensitivity, insolence, or contemptuous rudeness. See Synonyms at offend.
- To affront or demean:
- To behave arrogantly.
- To give offense; offend: a speech that was intended to insult.
- An offensive action or remark.

I would say what you said satisfies a number of those definitions.

ownage

i'm just tired of seeing people complain so much and i'm tired of people assuming things they cannot know.   if you or anyone else was offended by it, maybe you need to take a look at why you are here.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #343 on: December 29, 2007, 03:23:03 AM »

Here is the deal

CD is in the labels hands

that means the release is imminent.

I think Axl got the right date just the wrong year

March 6th 2008.

Nobody releases music in January as its a dead month.

Spring is the time to release it and I am very optimistic.

4 months is plenty of time for the label to straighten their shit out and to put forth a great release strategy.

Here is what concerns me.

2008 is way different than 1991.

In this day and time, to sell and promote records, u gotta get your ass on TV and do some sort of Sporting event tie in or something to get maximum press.

Im just wondering if Axl would be up for all that........

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
gunns1
Legend

« Reply #344 on: December 29, 2007, 03:30:55 AM »

Here is the deal

CD is in the labels hands

that means the release is imminent.

I think Axl got the right date just the wrong year

March 6th 2008.

Nobody releases music in January as its a dead month.

Spring is the time to release it and I am very optimistic.

4 months is plenty of time for the label to straighten their shit out and to put forth a great release strategy.

Here is what concerns me.

2008 is way different than 1991.

In this day and time, to sell and promote records, u gotta get your ass on TV and do some sort of Sporting event tie in or something to get maximum press.

Im just wondering if Axl would be up for all that........

Axl is up to it,

but whether he wants to do that,
and go down that path and be  commercial  and mainstream  is another story

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #345 on: December 29, 2007, 03:53:30 AM »

Personally, I'm hoping for a spring release. Not just for the selfish sake of gimmes, but I think the whole "fresh start" that spring brings would bode well.

Who knows though. Appetite was released in f'n July afterall....so who knows.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #346 on: December 29, 2007, 03:55:02 AM »

There is something about albums released in the summer time I love.

Warm weather, lots of outside running, windows down...... Summer is the perfect time for album releases and i hope its this summer.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
gunns1
Legend

« Reply #347 on: December 29, 2007, 04:40:12 AM »

Warm weather, lots of outside running, windows down...... Summer is the perfect time for album releases and i hope its this summer.

So you can get into the depressing Madagascar, or The Blues, or frustrated at the IRS, or the I wanna beat you up Chinese Democracy, or the feel sorry from me Better? peace

I sure hope there's some uplifting songs on CD? ok

mate, rock isn't about butterflys and tulips,

Its about smack in your face heavy guitar riffs and screaming earpiericing vocals..

I have my windows down all the time when I play the new gnr leaks, esp Better, Twat and Irs,

It makes me a faster driver, which Im fortunate for  beer

DuffRock
Rocker

www.cafepress.com/patiencepays

« Reply #348 on: December 29, 2007, 05:10:38 AM »

nothing like pelting it down a country road, summer sun blazing, windows down listening to some awesome riffage

thats a nice thought as i sit here revising in the freezing cold!  no

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #349 on: December 29, 2007, 08:22:56 AM »

don't you people get it? they have the perfect plan for exposure and it's at a suiting sport event..

they will invade the opening ceremony stage of the olympics in beijing and the play the whole album from first song to last yes
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #350 on: December 29, 2007, 08:27:25 AM »

Jarmo, jarmo, jarmo....

What does it feel like? You must feel SO powerful. Like such a big man. Go on - illuminate us all, Greek god that you are.

Man, I'm shaking my head sadly.

You are so original!

I mean really, do you come up with all this by yourself?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
madagas
« Reply #351 on: December 29, 2007, 09:05:09 AM »

"Axl: We hadn't written songs or recorded for many years. There were band changes and there were many changes in the record company. People in the record company had many opinions and they wanted to make the best possible record. Every time that we thought that we had the correct songs, then somebody thought that we could make it better. We started over, we continued adding songs, continued recording and recording."

This quote DOES NOT mean the record company rejected the album. That is how the business normally works for almost all bands with major label contracts. ok

As for Younggunner, he is a good guy, and I believe you would have a different opinion of him if you met him Jarmo. Undecided
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #352 on: December 29, 2007, 09:54:02 AM »

April 7th.

MY BIRTHDAY! YAY!

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Millions
Headliner

It burns when I pee...

« Reply #353 on: December 29, 2007, 10:14:56 AM »

Jarmo, jarmo, jarmo....

What does it feel like? You must feel SO powerful. Like such a big man. Go on - illuminate us all, Greek god that you are.

You are so original!

/jarmo

What do you mean I'm not original? So lots of other people feel the same as I do, then? Hmmm. Interesting. Why don't you take it on board then? It'd be a shame to see the lively, fiery debate disappear.
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #354 on: December 29, 2007, 11:25:06 AM »

So you can get into the depressing Madagascar, or The Blues, or frustrated at the IRS, or the I wanna beat you up Chinese Democracy, or the feel sorry from me Better? peace

I sure hope there's some uplifting songs on CD? ok

What 'uplifting' songs have they done in the past?
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #355 on: December 29, 2007, 11:31:27 AM »

What 'uplifting' songs have they done in the past?

Think About You and Sweet Child O' MineSmiley

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #356 on: December 29, 2007, 11:48:06 AM »

Personally I Would release it the day The olympics starts in china,

that way Guns N Roses site could just hotlink the countdown timer thats on yahoo for the chinese games and paste it on gnr.com and say its for chinese democracy....

I wonder how the olympic officials would feel about that  hihi

pleased I would imagine.
the Olympic will start on 8 8 2008. I'd rather the release will precede it.

Jarmo, jarmo, jarmo....

You are so original!

/jarmo

What do you mean I'm not original? So lots of other people feel the same as I do, then? Hmmm. Interesting. Why don't you take it on board then? It'd be a shame to see the lively, fiery debate disappear.

Didn't he say you were original? Huh

never seen anyone describe jarmo as a greek god before.  ok
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #357 on: December 29, 2007, 12:09:31 PM »

Yeah, a few people who like to bitch and moan have problems when I tell them we're not interested in that.

Not exactly surprising is it?

Nazi this, power that.

Shows how much you know.

As for Younggunner, he is a good guy, and I believe you would have a different opinion of him if you met him Jarmo. Undecided

I have met him.

You can be a great person, but when you post to complain about things that have happened or haven't happened, on a fan site only to complain about it time after time after time, to me it makes no sense....

What are you trying to accomplish?

Like this Millions guy here, he or she obviously thinks I'm power hungry and I should let the "people" run this place the way they want to. Meaning, less moderation from me and more assholes posting shit day after day. Paradise for some, but not my idea of the kind of site I'd bother posting on.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
user FKA webmoster
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #358 on: December 29, 2007, 12:43:05 PM »

Yeah, a few people who like to bitch and moan have problems when I tell them we're not interested in that.

Not exactly surprising is it?

Nazi this, power that.

Shows how much you know.

I have met him.

You can be a great person, but when you post to complain about things that have happened or haven't happened, on a fan site only to complain about it time after time after time, to me it makes no sense....

What are you trying to accomplish?

Like this Millions guy here, he or she obviously thinks I'm power hungry and I should let the "people" run this place the way they want to. Meaning, less moderation from me and more assholes posting shit day after day. Paradise for some, but not my idea of the kind of site I'd bother posting on.

/jarmo

jarmo im curious. i know you banned him in the heat of the discussion because he was personally attacking people, but, did you PM him or anything to let him know that if he kept it up he would be banned? or did you just read one comment that "broke the camels back" and decide to ban him?
Millions
Headliner

It burns when I pee...

« Reply #359 on: December 29, 2007, 01:03:00 PM »

Its not so much that, Jarmo - I just like a bit of banter - and people are starting to back away from lively debate nowadays because they're scared you'll ban them. I agree that there is a lot of crap, frustration and anger on the board sometimes, but I just think its understandable, given the futile 16 year wait. I don't know what kind of original stuff you are expecting people to come up with - surely everything to say about Use Your Illusion has already been said?  There's nothing left to say, really. Hence the same old arguments. Once/ if the new album comes out, things will obviously be totally different.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: