Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:18:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD w/ Label = Directly from Richard
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD w/ Label = Directly from Richard  (Read 152403 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #320 on: December 28, 2007, 06:17:58 PM »

On A side note;

Not sure why Youngunner was banned. To me he was just defending his argument.? It seems insults were going both ways were they not?

I think a post or two was removed where he was insulting some people.

Didn't know that.

well.........

Just hate to see another Vet go............. thats been on here so long supporting the band.

To me, a lot of people go through periods of frustration. I know I've had a couple of times where I even got frustrated and I don't mind the wait.

I got very excited after the Eddie Trunk interview, Im not gonna lie, and I got even more excited after the Axl press release.

Just seems everytime I get excited, its the same ole same ole............  Which is why Im takin this email and any thing else with a grain of salt now.

Just once, Id like to get excited and things actually take shape and happen.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #321 on: December 28, 2007, 06:26:54 PM »

Didn't this already happened with the 2006 tour? First we had rumors about this (I remember something about the Download Festival since dec 2005) and then we had confirmation and it was great.

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #322 on: December 28, 2007, 06:41:24 PM »

Just once, Id like to get excited and things actually take shape and happen.

They will.

Sad to see how ugly this thread got, I really thought this would be positive news for everyone. 

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #323 on: December 28, 2007, 06:45:45 PM »

Just hate to see another Vet go............. thats been on here so long supporting the band.

Obviously when you resort to continued insults, you need to cool off for a bit....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
williambailey
Rocker

"Axl is just another version of the Ayatollah"

« Reply #324 on: December 28, 2007, 07:06:51 PM »

The album at any point from 2000 could have been released

what a stupid fucking comment.? ?you don't know!!? ?you aren't Axl Rose, you aren't a member of Guns N Roses, how about you shut the fuck up and STOP stating your bullshit assumptions like they are facts.? ?

Im confused, if younggunner was banned for insulting people what happened to JimBob for this above comment?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #325 on: December 28, 2007, 07:11:33 PM »

what a stupid fucking comment.   you don't know!!   you aren't Axl Rose, you aren't a member of Guns N Roses, how about you shut the fuck up and STOP stating your bullshit assumptions like they are facts.   

Im confused, if younggunner was banned for insulting people what happened to JimBob for this above comment?

There was one particular comment that broke the camel's back....

He made fun of me, I made fun of him. It's not the point.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Millions
Headliner

It burns when I pee...

« Reply #326 on: December 28, 2007, 09:30:28 PM »

Jarmo, jarmo, jarmo....

What does it feel like? You must feel SO powerful. Like such a big man. Go on - illuminate us all, Greek god that you are.

Man, I'm shaking my head sadly.
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #327 on: December 28, 2007, 09:41:22 PM »

I've been supporting this band forever. Anyone in their right mind should realize this whole thing is ridiculous at this time. I was expecting something from 02-04. It's 08 now It's getting ridiculous. I'm sure we are all going to buy the album but really this is beyond ridiculous at this point.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #328 on: December 28, 2007, 09:43:03 PM »

I think i know which one...............

I just hope this comes out before GNR get inducted into the R and R hall of fame so maybe the new members get recognized.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #329 on: December 28, 2007, 11:30:59 PM »

I've been supporting this band forever. Anyone in their right mind should realize this whole thing is ridiculous at this time. I was expecting something from 02-04. It's 08 now It's getting ridiculous. I'm sure we are all going to buy the album but really this is beyond ridiculous at this point.

I agree. We are the few and the faithful. I know that it's being blamed on negotiations with Geffen, but how in the shit do other bands release albums? Guns isn't the biggest thing going. Hasn't been since about 1992, that's 15 years in the past. The problem is that on one hand we've been told by Axl many times that the album is coming, it's right around the corner, and then a few months later we're chided for asking "Hey man, where's the album." It was supposed to be almost done back in 2000. We've been told by Axl time and again, it's coming. Remember the tentative release date that blew by without so much as an update from GNR's official web site. That's pretty fucking sad.

The album at this point is immaterial to me. I couldn't give a shit about the actual album. What I'm worried about is the legacy. Here is a band that has toured sporadically off and on, mostly off, for the past 7 years with no album, playing mostly cover songs of the previous incarnations of itself. Sure, as GNR fans, we get to be introduced to new talents like Bumblefoot, and we get to see Axl run around stage like he's 25, but the legacy is dying. I'd like to be able to play GNR music without people wondering why I'm still reliving my high school years. 

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
TheGun
Headliner

A splinter in your mind.

« Reply #330 on: December 29, 2007, 12:01:52 AM »

To jarmo and all the others. As I said before, I have been a fan since they started and I was in my early teens... I am a fan, if anyone says otherwise, they know jack shit. That being said, it is no insult to say the band or representatives of it has made mistakes. The main mistake is not communicating, while saying things such as the 98% done and then nothing for years. Or it will be out in March of 06 only to not really say anything. Jarmo is right, there are reasons none of us will know, but certainly some sort of official hey, we are working on it communication from time to time will keep most fans happy. Sure some of the shit whiners will call it a lie, but there is no shame in saying, it is in the can and we are waiting like you are. And so on. Whatever the reason, fans can only feel like there is momentum only to have it yanked, over and over. I mean, can anyone say it has been handled well - by whomever - when CD is written about there is always a punch line like "really it will be released" or "if it ever is". That line is not said unless people collectively have decided things are never followed through on, do not believe it, or it is an outright joke. The plus of course is that anyone cares to write about it anymore.

The whole thing sucks, but I for one and I suspect most here will be lined up to buy it. For years I would get pumped up everytime I heard something postive - like the Richard comment. But example, when Axl wrote March 06 that was sort of the last straw - from an excitement without action standpoint. I am excited about the album, but there have been too many times where it seems like something is going to happen and then does not. This is why it would be nice to have things clarified once in a while.. even every few months have somethng posted ont eh official website basically just saying hey, we are still here. I have gone to shows on every tour, in different states, the las vegas shows and so on and many times, statements weremade that it was close or wrapping up. I am not pissed or saying anyone intentionally lied, but hey, if you are saying that stuff - how about giving those fans the respect to acknowledge that while it did not happen, they were not being intentionally mislead? I cannot tell you how many times, especially during the last tour, that I heard people starting to say they do not think it really is ever intended to be released... that it is all some sort of ruse to simply make money off of the hope of it and to simply make money from the tour.. like everyone is being misled. That is a sad statement, not by negative whiners, but by fans who spent money time and time again, got their hopes up because things were supposed to be 98% complete 10 years ago and so on. You cannot blame them.. it is just a bad sign and something that happens when people are completely shut out for years at a time.

The whole thing has been handled terribly, but that being said, the band rocks, Axl rocks and even though I have been let down (from getting my hopes up time after time) I will be beating all of you bastards away so I can get the first copy.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #331 on: December 29, 2007, 12:43:41 AM »

what a stupid fucking comment.   you don't know!!   you aren't Axl Rose, you aren't a member of Guns N Roses, how about you shut the fuck up and STOP stating your bullshit assumptions like they are facts.   

i never insulted him.  i insulted his comment.. and it was a gross assumption.
user FKA webmoster
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #332 on: December 29, 2007, 01:49:47 AM »

Jarmo, jarmo, jarmo....

What does it feel like? You must feel SO powerful. Like such a big man. Go on - illuminate us all, Greek god that you are.

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #333 on: December 29, 2007, 01:57:42 AM »

Anyone spending a lot of time "waiting" for this album needs to rethink how they spend their time.  My interest in GNR has certainly waned over the last 2-3 years, but that not to say I won't crap myself when I'm holding CD in my hands.  At this point though, if it comes out, it comes out.  if not, life goes on (so long as you have other things in your life worth getting outta bed for).

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
williambailey
Rocker

"Axl is just another version of the Ayatollah"

« Reply #334 on: December 29, 2007, 02:02:12 AM »

what a stupid fucking comment.? ?you don't know!!? ?you aren't Axl Rose, you aren't a member of Guns N Roses, how about you shut the fuck up and STOP stating your bullshit assumptions like they are facts.? ?

i never insulted him.? i insulted his comment.. and it was a gross assumption.

I would say telling someone to "how about you shut the fuck up" in reponse to them expressing their opinion is considered an insult.  Here is a dictionary explanation of an insult that I surfed off the web:

To treat with gross insensitivity, insolence, or contemptuous rudeness. See Synonyms at offend.
- To affront or demean:
- To behave arrogantly.
- To give offense; offend: a speech that was intended to insult.
- An offensive action or remark.

I would say what you said satisfies a number of those definitions.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #335 on: December 29, 2007, 02:04:55 AM »

If Universal have it and they are happy with it then im sure they will be aiming for a summer release, that way they can give maximum exposure to the band, movie tie ins etc. They arent going to put it out straight away, certainly not during Jan, Feb, which are traditionally the worst months to release big albums as people are still poor from Christmas and the New Years.

OK...question (not necessarily to Jonx...just in general):

When the tentative date of March 2007 was put out there and passed, people said "they won't release it in the summer...that's the worst time for record sales."  And now I'm hearing the same about winter (and, confusingly, that summer 2008 would be fine  Huh). 

Now, I'm no math major, but doesn't that eliminate half the year?  When IS the good time to release an album?  And if summer and winter are such poor release times, why are albums released at all during those periods? 

Not aiming this at anyone in particular, but every time there's a bit of decent news (such as the label having the album) someone mentions that it's a terrible time to release it.     

I know literally nothing about the music industry (except that it sucks).  Can someone enlighten me as to the one day in 365 when releasing an album isn't a bad move?

Jarmo, jarmo, jarmo....

There's an emoticon for that! ( no <---SEE!)  You don't have to do it in the real world.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #336 on: December 29, 2007, 02:06:58 AM »

April 7th.

gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #337 on: December 29, 2007, 02:12:26 AM »

April 7th.

as apposed to April 1st?

Any time in 2008 would be a great time to have cd,

Personally I Would release it the day The olympics starts in china,

that way Guns N Roses site could just hotlink the countdown timer thats on yahoo for the chinese games and paste it on gnr.com and say its for chinese democracy....

I wonder how the olympic officials would feel about that  hihi

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #338 on: December 29, 2007, 02:16:23 AM »

April 7th.

as apposed to April 1st?

Any time in 2008 would be a great time to have cd,

Personally I Would release it the day The olympics starts in china,

that way Guns N Roses site could just hotlink the countdown timer thats on yahoo for the chinese games and paste it on gnr.com and say its for chinese democracy....

I wonder how the olympic officials would feel about that  hihi

no, April 1st is one of the WORST days as everyone things its "just a joke"

April 7th is like, the single most amazing day for music, in like, the world.

user FKA webmoster
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #339 on: December 29, 2007, 02:17:46 AM »

i never insulted him.  i insulted his comment.. and it was a gross assumption.

I would say telling someone to "how about you shut the fuck up" in reponse to them expressing their opinion is considered an insult.  Here is a dictionary explanation of an insult that I surfed off the web:

To treat with gross insensitivity, insolence, or contemptuous rudeness. See Synonyms at offend.
- To affront or demean:
- To behave arrogantly.
- To give offense; offend: a speech that was intended to insult.
- An offensive action or remark.

I would say what you said satisfies a number of those definitions.

ownage
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: