Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:18:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD w/ Label = Directly from Richard
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD w/ Label = Directly from Richard  (Read 152318 times)
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #280 on: December 28, 2007, 01:20:49 PM »

I don't.  I think you are making a lot of assumptions and speculations, and its pointless until we have all the facts.
darn, i really thought u were gonna be one of the members who agreed with me....silly me... Roll Eyes

YOUNGGUNNER: I think many agree with you, but for me, the fight is over. Im done waiting, Im more in an "Enjoy what IS there" phase.    smoking

EDIT: And for the record, back to the original focus of this thread, Fortus has not emailed me back once I apologized for releasing his email to me.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 01:22:47 PM by W 23 AXL II » Logged
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #281 on: December 28, 2007, 01:30:34 PM »

Well , lets look at it this way . We have heard similar stuff in the past about the album being done or being almost done ,ect. So, while it is cool hearing from Baz and Richard that the thing is done and turned into the label . It?s a little hard to get excited about .

Will it be awesome if the album comes out in 08 or sometime ? Hell Yes it will. If it doesn?t come out will that change anybody life ? No , it wont .

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
Millions
Headliner

It burns when I pee...

« Reply #282 on: December 28, 2007, 01:35:03 PM »

Please.

If you think I'm gonna let a few "unhappy" fans ruin the site with their constant whining, you're wrong.

For example, we could have had a bunch of fans being excited and happy about the summer shows while a bunch of fans in the rest of the world whine about the setlist. It just doesn't work like that here.

If it bothers you, go somewhere else.  Smiley

Relax, big boy! Don't be so naive - your perspective is a little bit rose-tinted here, it seems. Most GNR fans will agree with me that we've really not had a whole lot to enjoy from the band for a while. Many fans are frustrated. Thats just how it is. Its a fact - not just opinion.

If only the vacant-eyed, Prozac poppers are allowed to post then what will the result be? It just baffles me why you would want that, anyway. Whats the appeal? Maybe that everyone will nod instinctively with your every robotic pro-GNR utterance? That sounds dull to me. Its getting very 'agree with Jarmo or go elsewhere' around here.

Why do you find honest debate so offensive, Jarmo? Don't get involved. You seem to feel a need to get nvolved in, and win every argument around here. You have nothing to prove. Simmer down, big man!

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #283 on: December 28, 2007, 01:35:10 PM »

The expectations of the band turns now to the new album, "Chinese Democracy", which will be released in June. The leader guarantees his fans that they will be rewarded for the long wait.
Axl: Yes, I've heard. Um, hopefully we will put out a new single umm sometime this spring and then the record gonna be done in June or shortly thereafter.

Axl: We hadn't written songs or recorded for many years. There were band changes and there were many changes in the record company. People in the record company had many opinions and they wanted to make the best possible record. Every time that we thought that we had the correct songs, then somebody thought that we could make it better. We started over, we continued adding songs, continued recording and recording.

Q: So when is the album going to be released?

A: I've heard that it's coming out in March -- but then again I've heard a lot of things, so you never know.

fortus interview

Regardless we hope to announce a release date within the next few months.

axl 2004 rio press release

That record's really close to being completed and put out," he added, but declined to guess when exactly that will be.

"It's been scheduled every month for the last 10 years," he deadpanned, adding that once the record's out "there will be a flurry of chaos that I'll be thrown into."

tommy 05

Having failed to deliver a new album by the end of the twentieth century, is Rose ready to commit to releasing a record sometime during the twenty-first?

''Yes, I think that would definitely be the right time,'' he answers, a slight grin coming to his face.

The new Guns N Roses album is tentatively titled Chinese Democracy and loosely scheduled for summer 2000.

''As far as I can tell,'' says GnR's manager Doug Goldstein, ''we are now 99% musically done and 80% vocals done. I see the record being done Feb or March for a summer release.''
rio

In regard to a release date for the album itself, certain minor - and I do mean minor -- additions, as well as contract negotiations, need to be completed.axl

the album has been done over the yrs. It could have been released at any point in time. Various things have stopped that from happening. But to say that the album was never done over the yrs until now is crazy.
Those are some examples. There are a lot more statement made by band members along the way.

So if you want to get technical and say no, the album hasnt been finished until now. Technically your right. But that is just a cop out. The album at any point from 2000 could have been released.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 01:37:43 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #284 on: December 28, 2007, 01:49:37 PM »

The album at any point from 2000 could have been released.

Fuck!  That is bullshit!  You mean all this time I could have been listening to a new album from my favorite band for the last 7 years, but they chose to deprive me of that?  We've gotta do something about that and, hey, thanks for letting us all know.  Until now, I was simply excited about the prospect of a 2008 release.  Thanks for showing me the light. 

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #285 on: December 28, 2007, 01:57:16 PM »

Relax, big boy! Don't be so naive - your perspective is a little bit rose-tinted here, it seems. Most GNR fans will agree with me that we've really not had a whole lot to enjoy from the band for a while. Many fans are frustrated. Thats just how it is. Its a fact - not just opinion.

I don't care!

If you're upset and want to take it out on something, go punch a punching bag.

I don't need to be subject to dealing with your frustrations since it's got nothing to do with me.

The expectations of the band turns now to the new album, "Chinese Democracy", which will be released in June. The leader guarantees his fans that they will be rewarded for the long wait.
Axl: Yes, I've heard. Um, hopefully we will put out a new single umm sometime this spring and then the record gonna be done in June or shortly thereafter.

Q: So when is the album going to be released?

A: I've heard that it's coming out in March -- but then again I've heard a lot of things, so you never know.

fortus interview

Regardless we hope to announce a release date within the next few months.

axl 2004 rio press release

That record's really close to being completed and put out," he added, but declined to guess when exactly that will be.

"It's been scheduled every month for the last 10 years," he deadpanned, adding that once the record's out "there will be a flurry of chaos that I'll be thrown into."

tommy 05

Having failed to deliver a new album by the end of the twentieth century, is Rose ready to commit to releasing a record sometime during the twenty-first?

''Yes, I think that would definitely be the right time,'' he answers, a slight grin coming to his face.

The new Guns N Roses album is tentatively titled Chinese Democracy and loosely scheduled for summer 2000.

''As far as I can tell,'' says GnR's manager Doug Goldstein, ''we are now 99% musically done and 80% vocals done. I see the record being done Feb or March for a summer release.''
rio

In regard to a release date for the album itself, certain minor - and I do mean minor -- additions, as well as contract negotiations, need to be completed.axl

the album has been done over the yrs. It could have been released at any point in time. Various things have stopped that from happening. But to say that the album was never done over the yrs until now is crazy.
Those are some examples. There are a lot more statement made by band members along the way.

I highlighted certain important parts in the quotes you supplies as evidence.

So if you want to get technical and say no, the album hasnt been finished until now. Technically your right.

Thanks!

But that is just a cop out. The album at any point from 2000 could have been released.

No, in my world up here in the clouds something that isn't finished isn't done.  Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #286 on: December 28, 2007, 02:15:52 PM »

The thing is, rightly or wrongly, the band (in whatever carnation) have missed the boat. The waiting game, has worn thin for some and have moved on, those taking their place won't know of the spirit of the band in their prime. The downloading culture will ensure that the album won't make the money it should have. FWIW, in 2002/03 I thought the album would have hit the shops, but along with Bucketheads departure, the need to put faces to the players on the Album has delaid the release.

Its Jarmo's site and we have to respect the rules he sets down in stone, but to those who don't share his views telling them to FCUK off is more 1991 than 2007. The band don't have that rawness in them, they are more respectful and down to earth. The music industry owes music fans respect and that begins with the bands they sign having to meet obligations expected of them, 14 years for an album to hit the shops means that something ultra special is needed to get the fans to part with their hard earn cash spoken about in Get in the Ring.  I'm aware that issues arise, and Axl or anybody else for that matter shouldn't have their creative ability compromised, but it takes so little to offer the fans the news that they want (or don't want) to hear about (also refered to in GitR).

Axl if you're reading this, just a few words will make a difference brother, we really do want you to do well with CD, but in the mean time, just a few word please sir.

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #287 on: December 28, 2007, 02:18:41 PM »

This is great news if true.

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #288 on: December 28, 2007, 02:25:16 PM »

The album at any point from 2000 could have been released

what a stupid fucking comment.   you don't know!!   you aren't Axl Rose, you aren't a member of Guns N Roses, how about you shut the fuck up and STOP stating your bullshit assumptions like they are facts.   
spunton
Headliner

Toon Army!!!!

« Reply #289 on: December 28, 2007, 02:26:46 PM »

what a silly topic of course CD aint with the label!!!

its just what they want you to think.............. 15 years and still waiting labels fault don't think so!!!!
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #290 on: December 28, 2007, 02:29:01 PM »

Not to be a negative ninny, but if the album is ever released, not only will it not change the world, it likely won't change the music industry. It won't even take the industry out of its slump. It won't sell as many copies as Appetite. It won't make non-GNR or non-new-GNR fans fall in love with Axl and Bumblefoot. It won't erase years of bad press for Axl, or for the delays it has had. It won't allow GNR to reclaim it's place as the most popular band in the world. It won't fulfill all expectations. It won't make you lose weight, fall in love, have a new car, a more fulfilling life or even help you retire earlier.

What will it do?

With any luck at all, even a very, very small amount of luck, if the album is released, IT WILL ROCK! The leaks and the live shows have already shown that. It will provide fans with a great new set of songs. Not every song will be liked by every fan, but I think most fans will like it, and it may even become a new favorite for many. Years after its release, some may even consider it a classic.

All it can do, all it will do, is entertain and possibly even generate some thought. I think expecting anything else from it is unreasonable.

With that said, I just want the album. As long as it's not released exclusively on 8-track and cassette.

Excellent post.? Probably too close to reality to stick around too long though.?

Oh - except for the falling in love bit.  I was hoping that Chi Dem WAS going to make me more popular with the ladies.  Never mind. 
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 02:32:39 PM by Howard2k » Logged

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #291 on: December 28, 2007, 03:12:17 PM »

what a stupid fucking comment.? ?you don't know!!? ?you aren't Axl Rose, you aren't a member of Guns N Roses, how about you shut the fuck up and STOP stating your bullshit assumptions like they are facts

wow what a tough guy!

Im not making assumptions. The quotes all state that the album could have been released at any point from 2000. Im not making it up buddy. Its all there. Take off the glasses and look.

In fact, the album was going to be released in 2006/7...even Axl said so! but unforseen circumstances curtailed the release...Circumstances that we havnt been briefed on yet.

Or is Axl making assumptions too?? hihi

This is too comical it really is. I never seen a bunch of people get so upset over something so stupid. What am I saying? That the album could have been released at any point after 2000..omggggggggggggggggggggg.....what a disgraceful gnr fan i am!!!!!!!!omg how dare I make that logical assumption

but your right jim bob...this is the only time in the history of CD that the album is finally finished and ready for release? Wink? pat urself on the head a few times and insert that axl figurine back in your mouth

« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 03:17:17 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #292 on: December 28, 2007, 03:23:06 PM »

It's pretty hilarious for you (younggunner) to use quotes to support the claim that 'the album is done' or 'the album has done many times in the past', yet all the quotes you have use the words hope, close to, etc.

I'm sure that the material has been at a very polished state at many points in history, however an album isn't finished nor complete until it's in the plastic case with the album insert, business plans nailed down, and being mass produced. The track "Oh My God" wasn't even completed yet it was released on the End of Days soundtrack. I doubt that once Axl laid down the final vocal track he looked to the heavens and said, "It is finished...finally I can go to Barbados and relax. Afterall the album is finished...."

It's not that simple. And anyway never in the history of Chinese Democracy has anything been said that 'this is done'...or 'that is done' until Del updated us about the recording.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #293 on: December 28, 2007, 03:30:29 PM »

It's pretty hilarious for you (younggunner) to use quotes to support the claim that 'the album is done' or 'the album has done many times in the past', yet all the quotes you have use the words hope, close to, etc.

Exactly!

According to his logic, the Mets won the World Series recent years..... They hoped to win, and maybe they were close one year. So it basically means they won!

All you whiners, what exactly do you think your negativity will accomplish? I mean, besides you feeling good about yourself?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #294 on: December 28, 2007, 03:33:46 PM »

lets assume the album is in the lables hands right now.

then sometime next week Axl says? I need it back to fix some things and the label gives it back and then doesnt return the album back for another 6 months to a yr. Does that mean the album wasnt done when the label had it?

when a band says that an album is done, or they hope for a release within the next 6 months, to me means the album is pretty much done and ready to be released.

Its a common assumption...except of course in gnr land

« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 03:36:00 PM by younggunner » Logged

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #295 on: December 28, 2007, 03:37:23 PM »

Im not making assumptions. The quotes all state that the album could have been released at any point from 2000. Im not making it up buddy. Its all there. Take off the glasses and look.
If the album could have been released, I believe it would have.    Something has been holding this up, could be multiple things, but I don't want to speculate as to what it could be because its not my place to make up bullshit about the band.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #296 on: December 28, 2007, 03:38:34 PM »

^
To back up Youngunner a bit

Wasn't the 98 percent musically and 80 percent vocally thing like in the late 90's?

So it has taken 7 years to complete 2 percent of music and 20 percent of vocals?

All I know is, Hard core loyal fans have been getting frustrated. just look at DaveGNFR2k. There was a time that guy would've drank the sweat out of Axl's boxer shorts and he finally went completely mental.

Now u got youngunner who always supported this new band and has countless posts defending them.

I don't get frustrated because the wait has never really bothered me. ?But yes, I can understand why people would get frustrated. ?I don't think its fair to call someone a non fan or a hater just because their patience is running thin.

Just because we get this email or a statement saying 2008 we are touring and yes the album, Why anyone would get excited is beyond me.

We have had statements like this for years. Oh this year *Insert Year* the album hopefully is coming out. ?

Didn't Axl say on the Eddie Trunk show that the album was coming out in November 2006?

I can see where someone would find it hard to believe that the album has been finished since early Spring and yet sits in a vault for 9 months............................

What worries me, is the fact the label hasn't released it. ?To me if it was this giant all time great masterpiece of an album, they would do everything to release it. ?The fact they havent makes me worry that the album isn't as great as they think it should be.

I just wonder how many more years before Jim Bob cracks...... that is gonna be hilarious cause he is the reincarnation of DaveGnFR2k. 

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Regibold
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #297 on: December 28, 2007, 03:39:44 PM »

I posted this earlier waaaay back when this thread started. Here is again, this answered my questions about the album's state.   

September 21st, 2006 - San Francisco, CA @ The Warfield Sold Out!

Notes: Axl stops the show during Sweet Child O' Mine due to some people causing problems. He tells them they're fucking up other peoples' show and asks them if their mommy bought them the tickets. He also says If you think you're a bigger asshole than me, you have alot to learn!" and "I don't wanna throw my money down the toilet.... I know Universal's hoping they didn't!".
Crossbearer
Opening Act

« Reply #298 on: December 28, 2007, 03:42:11 PM »

With all the talk of the CD being finished or almost finished or in various states of completion over the years, I'm reminded of a really great interview with a former Geffen exec that I think really paints a bleak picture of what was really going on over the years.  I have no reason to doubt the guy.  Check it out:

from gnrwire.com Oct 17th 2005

James Barber who has worked as an A&R at Geffen Records was recently interviewed by Poptones. Here?s the GN?R part of the interview:
?

How did you get involved in Guns N? Roses?

Nothing else had worked, so Geffen figured they?d send me in to talk to Axl after I moved to Los Angeles. We desperately wanted the new album for Christmas 1998 and I had a year to get it finished. Whenever anyone asks me about GNR, I think about Rutger Hauer?s line in Blade Runner: ?I?ve seen things you people wouldn?t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.?

No expense was spared; they were the biggest band in the history of the label and, even though everyone except Axl was gone, Geffen Records lived and breathed for another GNR album.

The Robin Finck/Josh Freese/Tommy Stinson/Billy Howerdel/Dizzy Reed version of the album that existed in 1998 was pretty incredible. It still sounded like GNR but there were elements of Zeppelin, Nine Inch Nails and Pink Floyd mixed in. If Axl had recorded vocals, it would have been an absolutely contemporary record in 1999.

People close to the project have since told me that I don?t know what I?m talking about, that the current version of the record in no way resembles what I heard in early 1999. That?s too bad.

Do you think that Chinese Democracy is ever going to come out?

I have no idea. Seven years ago, the record just needed a lead vocal and a mix. The last time I was at the studio was two days before my daughter was born. Last night she read all of ?Hop on Pop? to me. Some mysteries passeth all understanding.

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #299 on: December 28, 2007, 03:42:58 PM »

to me means the album is pretty much done and ready to be released.
Yeah, it is. Pretty much as in 90% done or so right? Tongue
The band and Axl is entirely done with the CD and it's handed to the company acording to Mysteron and Richard, that wasn't the case before.

And I for one am glad this forum isn't like Blabbermouth or places like that peace

Wasn't the 98 percent musically and 80 percent vocally thing like in the late 90's?
Remember that Doug apologied in the press about that, and about the fake tour? hihi

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: