Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:26:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD w/ Label = Directly from Richard
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD w/ Label = Directly from Richard  (Read 152503 times)
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #260 on: December 28, 2007, 12:39:21 PM »

But he didn't get the album he was promised and it's been done for years!  crying

/jarmo

LOL what im saying though is this: if we think this CD will change the world, we are mistaken. i mean, i hope it does, but there may be a let-down, a "this is what i was waiting for" feeling, b/c what if the album has 12 new songs, and we already heard 6 of them. will you be let down?

im as frustrated as the rest of us, read my old posts, but......im starting to realize we may look back at this time and say, what were we fighting for, why didnt we just enjoy GNR and Axl.

The fact of the matter is NONE OF US KNOW WHY ITS TAKEN SO LONG, and there could be some very legit reasons as to why its taking long. Imagine this: what if, WHAT IF, Axl was forced to pay people once CD comes out that werent invovled with it. For example, what if legally, Slash could say he wants money for CD's sales.....we have no idea how long it takes to sort this kinda stuff out. What if Bucket is insisting on royalties? What if Axl doesnt wanna pay all of these people?? I know I wouldnt release something that all these other people will stake a claim to for cash. And again, WE HAVE NO IDEA. Go listen to Locomotive!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #261 on: December 28, 2007, 12:39:34 PM »

You failed to answer a few simple questions.
What questions would you like answered?

Assuming it's been 100% done in the past, how come it was being mixed earlier this year?

Obviously something wasn't done since Axl, Baz and others were still recording in January.

You obviously seem to get confused. It's possible the album was nearly done in the past.
How the hell do you know that?

Considering what I said above and the fact that you or I don't even know what the album looks like (meaning track listing etc.).

Stop being so technical. This is what I mean. You throw an argument out because its not official.
Lets break it down for you....
If Axl didnt think the album was done do you think he would have ever said that he hopes for it to be released in 00, 02,06, or whenever else he said he hopes for it to be released?

Just because the album might have never been in the mixing or mastering stage doesnt mean it wasnt done. I am sure the majoirty of songs have been mixed quite a few times over the yrs as well.
Axl would never say he hopes to release the album in "x" if he didnt think it was done. If you honestly think that the album hasnt been done over the yrs I feel sorry for you. Yes, the album that was done in 00 will be diff than the one in 02,05 or the one we eventually get. But if at anypoint Axl wanted to release the album during those yrs the album would have been done.

Its comical how you think otherwise.

Also, band members, people around the band, and Axl himslef have stated at different points in time that the album is done.

Do you understand the concept?

In order to be constructive you have to offer suggestions.

Now, in order to do that, you'd have to have a lot of knowledge that we, the fans, don't have.

"Release the album" isn't constructive criticism.

I can offer suggestions but then you would say I dont know the facts. Which would be accurate. Like you said, no one knows he facts. But now all of a sudden we arent allowed to speculate? This is a forum not the court of law. Get a grip dude. Everyone here has made assumptions and speculated, including yourself. I dont understand the crime in speculating. You wouldnt have a fukin website if there was no speculation and assumption regarding gnr. Gnr is the epitomy of speculation and thats what brings fans here. To look into that mysterious band and see whta there all about.

Most of us have followed this situation for years. Plenty of people here are capable of collecting all of the facts and info that has been presented over the years and formulate an opinion on the matter. You can disregard them all you want but the writing is on the wall.

If you or GNR were so concerned about speculation and hearsay they would come out and give updated info. Im not saying I demand that. SO dont go off and twist that. But thats what they would do if they were so concerned. They dont and thats fine. But like everything in life....there are unintended consequences. it comes with the territory.

The difference between people like you and me are that I focus on the good.

I don't spend my days focusing on shit that annoy me.

You seem to focus on the things that upset you. Which happens to be things you have no control over! ?No fucking wonder it's frustrating.

It's like when the weather sucks, I'm not gonna let it ruin my whole day.
Dude, stop playing Dr Phil. Your not good at it. When I listen to songs like Better, Madagascar, CD, etc I AM FOCUSING ON THE GOOD. jackass. Just because I dont wax poetic about GNR an dhow they operate or come up with every technical excuse doesnt mean I dont focus on the good.

As I've said multiple times, different opinions are understandable. I just don't need to welcome the negative fans to bring everybody else down.

If this doesn't interest you, go on logout

Well sometimes different opinions have some negativity. Deal with it. Your a big boy.

I dont log out because the band interests me. Why would I log out? Because jarmo from across the world cant deal with negativity and reality?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #262 on: December 28, 2007, 12:41:40 PM »

So I don't want to read through what looks like 14 pages of the arguing thats been going of for 10 years and am wondering if this is true. The album is currently with the label?? Cuz if so thats awesome. It means its finally done. ?ok smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #263 on: December 28, 2007, 12:48:40 PM »

For fuck's sake.

You don't even know the full picture but you feel the need to be there with your "Axl has made mistakes!   " posts. Does it make you feel better?

When he explains what has happened, your kind is there calling him a liar....

This is your routine: "This sucks! This sucks! That sucks! This sucks because they didn't do that!".

Now, here's me: "That might suck, but you don't know the reason so there's no need to speculate and point fingers!" or "it might suck for you, but there are others who are happy about it".
I dont care what you think sucks or what makes you happy. I also dont go around saying everything sucks. Stop trying to sound like an Axl rant. Its sad.

Again, for the 100000000 time....people are aloowed to have opinions. you can agree or disagree. If your sick of it then dont come to the board. Its a forum. Where different people have different opinions.

No1 knows the full picture of anything. So why are we here then? To stroke gnrs balls all day? Again if gnr were so ocncerned they would update. they dont its cool. speculate all day who cares. thats what this is..a fukin forum....every forum in the world speculates.....take off your skirt its getting sad it really is

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
W 23 AXL II
VIP

« Reply #264 on: December 28, 2007, 12:52:23 PM »

For fuck's sake.

You don't even know the full picture but you feel the need to be there with your "Axl has made mistakes!   " posts. Does it make you feel better?

When he explains what has happened, your kind is there calling him a liar....

This is your routine: "This sucks! This sucks! That sucks! This sucks because they didn't do that!".

Now, here's me: "That might suck, but you don't know the reason so there's no need to speculate and point fingers!" or "it might suck for you, but there are others who are happy about it".
I dont care what you think sucks or what makes you happy. I also dont go around saying everything sucks. Stop trying to sound like an Axl rant. Its sad.

Again, for the 100000000 time....people are aloowed to have opinions. you can agree or disagree. If your sick of it then dont come to the board. Its a forum. Where different people have different opinions.

No1 knows the full picture of anything. So why are we here then? To stroke gnrs balls all day? Again if gnr were so ocncerned they would update. they dont its cool. speculate all day who cares. thats what this is..a fukin forum....every forum in the world speculates.....take off your skirt its getting sad it really is

Dude, you know the GNR and AXL deal. Why does this surprise you? Axl controls........well, b/c he is Axl. If he doesnt want things online, or he wants Jarmo to erase negative comments, so be it. I would do the same thing. Again, Axl can do this b/c he is Axl and there never will be another one again. He is, without a doubt, the best frontman of all time, with legitimate mystique, legitimate legend, and a list of songs that would make any singer/lyricist feel worthless when in comparison.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #265 on: December 28, 2007, 12:55:47 PM »

Stop being so technical. This is what I mean. You throw an argument out because its not official.
Lets break it down for you....
If Axl didnt think the album was done do you think he would have ever said that he hopes for it to be released in 00, 02,06, or whenever else he said he hopes for it to be released?

Technical? It's logical!

Kurt: What's gonna happen now? Is Chinese Democracy going to come out? Are we gonna see it soon?

Axl: Umm you'll see it, I dont know if soon is the word. But it will come out and we will, we'll go back, we'll do some more recording and then we'll start the American leg of the tour... And see how it goes from there.

Axl on MTV August 29th, 2002

Does it sound like it was 100% done to you?

Just because the album might have never been in the mixing or mastering stage doesnt mean it wasnt done.

That's interesting.

So the album was done even though it wasn't finished.

Let's assume your cooking dinner, is it done when you out the stuff in the pan or do you have to wait until the food is fried/cooked first?

Axl would never say he hopes to release the album in "x" if he didnt think it was done.

And I'm the naive one.....

Here we have a guy who knows what Axl thinks and means. Smiley

If you honestly think that the album hasnt been done over the yrs I feel sorry for you. Yes, the album that was done in 00 will be diff than the one in 02,05 or the one we eventually get. But if at anypoint Axl wanted to release the album during those yrs the album would have been done.

Obviously it's possible that certain things were completed.

But it wasn't finished enough to be released.

Also, band members, people around the band, and Axl himslef have stated at different points in time that the album is done.

They believed it was coming out in previous years. I don't remember anybody saying it was ready for release.

I can offer suggestions but then you would say I dont know the facts. Which would be accurate. Like you said, no one knows he facts. But now all of a sudden we arent allowed to speculate?

Depends.

It's kinda pointless to have ten wanna be managers trying to decide what's a good move for GN'R when none of them have any idea about the business.

Do you like to tell everybody else how to do their jobs too?

Try it next time you go to the dentist. "I think you should do it like this. It seems reasonable to me!".  Wink

This is a forum not the court of law. Get a grip dude.

Thanks for the suggestion Mr. "The album is done without being finished". Smiley

Most of us have followed this situation for years. Plenty of people here are capable of collecting all of the facts and info that has been presented over the years and formulate an opinion on the matter. You can disregard them all you want but the writing is on the wall.

And some of you take bits and disregard facts in order to make yourself feel good!

Dude, stop playing Dr Phil. Your not good at it. When I listen to songs like Better, Madagascar, CD, etc I AM FOCUSING ON THE GOOD. jackass.

More insults.....

I'm not playing anything unlike you.

I'm giving you examples of why I think your actions are a total fucking waste of everybody's time.

I dont log out because the band interests me. Why would I log out? Because jarmo from across the world cant deal with negativity and reality?

Why would you logout? Isn't it obvious?

GN'R seems to be like a pimple on your face.

It fucking annoys you.

By the way, is your post done while you're still typing in order to finish it?  Huh

Stop trying to sound like an Axl rant. Its sad.

Dude, stop playing Dr Phil.

Haha!

Ok, stop sounding like Oprah, you're no good at it. Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #266 on: December 28, 2007, 01:01:01 PM »

ahh did i miss something ?

the one an only horsey !
Millions
Headliner

It burns when I pee...

« Reply #267 on: December 28, 2007, 01:04:07 PM »

Jarmo, man - I love the site, but this kind of argument  and attitude is threatening to ruin a site you've spent years building up. This is why everyone's moving to other GNR sites. Look, this younggunner attitude obviously drives you insane - so just ignore it. Don't get involved. A lot of us agree though with him though, and want to hear what he has to say. Is is so wrong? Does it make you cross when people don't agree with you or something?

And this idea that we should all be posting in the 'dead horse' section - time to get realistic. This band had done very little in so many years - so there's very little to say that hasn't been said a thousand times before. Until the album comes out, there are going to be a lot of frustrated GNR fans. And guess what, with all your Dr Phil psychology knowledge you'll know this - with this being a GNR site, expect some venting. No need for all the pompous self-importance. Just try to understand that there are a lot of unhappy fans and its human nature to express yourself. This isn't Nazi germany, you know? Relax.
kollemann
Rocker

Chinese Democracy is now!!!!!

« Reply #268 on: December 28, 2007, 01:05:09 PM »

Last year Merck and this year the label Huh? hihi hihi hihi

http://www.myspace.com/kollemann = german GNR support

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000610764106
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #269 on: December 28, 2007, 01:06:36 PM »

Technical? It's logical!

Kurt: What's gonna happen now? Is Chinese Democracy going to come out? Are we gonna see it soon?

Axl: Umm you'll see it, I dont know if soon is the word. But it will come out and we will, we'll go back, we'll do some more recording and then we'll start the American leg of the tour... And see how it goes from there.

Axl on MTV August 29th, 2002

Does it sound like it was 100% done to you?
Its funny how you only bring that one up.

Could someone please pull up every Axl statement in regards to the album and when he hopes it will be coming out?

Again, just because the album wasnt mixed{which im sure some of it has been along the way} and mastered doesnt mean it wasnt finished.

Axl has said on several different occasions that he hopes the album will be out on "x". If the album wasnt done he would have never said that. At any point in time Axl could have declared the album finished and sent it off to be mixed and mastered. I understand that getting the mix right is part of the process but in general terms the album was done. You want to use some loopholes to make the claim that the album hasnt been done a few times be my guest.

Take a poll on this website and ask the people if they believe based on what they have heard from Axl and bandmembers over the past 7 yrs if the album has been done several times along the way.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #270 on: December 28, 2007, 01:10:14 PM »

Jarmo, man - I love the site, but this kind of argument  and attitude is threatening to ruin a site you've spent years building up. This is why everyone's moving to other GNR sites. Look, this younggunner attitude obviously drives you insane - so just ignore it. Don't get involved. A lot of us agree though with him though, and want to hear what he has to say. Is is so wrong? Does it make you cross when people don't agree with you or something?

And this idea that we should all be posting in the 'dead horse' section - time to get realistic. This band had done very little in so many years - so there's very little to say that hasn't been said a thousand times before. Until the album comes out, there are going to be a lot of frustrated GNR fans. And guess what, with all your Dr Phil psychology knowledge you'll know this - with this being a GNR site, expect some venting. No need for all the pompous self-importance. Just try to understand that there are a lot of unhappy fans and its human nature to express yourself.

Please.

If you think I'm gonna let a few "unhappy" fans ruin the site with their constant whining, you're wrong.

For example, we could have had a bunch of fans being excited and happy about the summer shows while a bunch of fans in the rest of the world whine about the setlist. It just doesn't work like that here.

If it bothers you, go somewhere else.  Smiley

I don't care...... I never wanted to have a site used as a tool to put down the band we're fans of. That makes no sense to me. Maybe it makes sense to you though.

This isn't Nazi germany, you know? Relax.

How original of you! Never heard that before. Did you come up with it all by yourself?

Do you even know what it means? Maybe you saw all the cool kids use the phrase and you thought it was bad ass....

Its funny how you only bring that one up.

Funny how it only took me a minute to show you how your "technical" opinion is flawed....

Again, just because the album wasnt mixed{which im sure some of it has been along the way} and mastered doesnt mean it wasnt finished.

Are you done now or are you finished?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 01:28:20 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #271 on: December 28, 2007, 01:12:53 PM »

Funny how it only took me a minute to show you how your "technical" opinion is flawed....

you didnt show anything. Its funny how you brought up 1 statement out of atleast 4 or 5. Please bring up the rio interview, london rant, korn party, merck, and anything else im forgetting. I dont care enough to go back and get them.

I guarentee everyone here agrees with what im saying

Are you done now or are you finished?
its been done, and like Axl, it can be finished when I deem its finished  Wink
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 01:15:33 PM by younggunner » Logged

slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #272 on: December 28, 2007, 01:14:05 PM »

Not to be a negative ninny, but if the album is ever released, not only will it not change the world, it likely won't change the music industry. It won't even take the industry out of its slump. It won't sell as many copies as Appetite. It won't make non-GNR or non-new-GNR fans fall in love with Axl and Bumblefoot. It won't erase years of bad press for Axl, or for the delays it has had. It won't allow GNR to reclaim it's place as the most popular band in the world. It won't fulfill all expectations. It won't make you lose weight, fall in love, have a new car, a more fulfilling life or even help you retire earlier.

What will it do?

With any luck at all, even a very, very small amount of luck, if the album is released, IT WILL ROCK! The leaks and the live shows have already shown that. It will provide fans with a great new set of songs. Not every song will be liked by every fan, but I think most fans will like it, and it may even become a new favorite for many. Years after its release, some may even consider it a classic.

All it can do, all it will do, is entertain and possibly even generate some thought. I think expecting anything else from it is unreasonable.

With that said, I just want the album. As long as it's not released exclusively on 8-track and cassette.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
W 23 AXL II
VIP

« Reply #273 on: December 28, 2007, 01:14:23 PM »

you didnt show anything. Its funny how you brought up 1 statement out of atleast 4 or 5. Please bring up the rio interview, london rant, korn party, merck, and anything else im forgetting. I dont care enough to go back and get them.

I used to. Im done complaining. Im trying to convince myself I already have half of the album anyway.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #274 on: December 28, 2007, 01:14:43 PM »

I don't.  I think you are making a lot of assumptions and speculations, and its pointless until we have all the facts.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #275 on: December 28, 2007, 01:16:03 PM »

no

I don't remember in those axl says he hopes the album will be out on what date
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #276 on: December 28, 2007, 01:17:17 PM »

After all, before he lends his talents to others' projects, Rose has one of his own to finish, and he says it's getting there. "We're working on thirty-two songs, and twenty-six are nearly done," he says.

January 18th, 2006
Axl Rose Breaks His Silence

One more.....

Of course you don't care enough to go look for the actual quotes.

In your mind, the way you remember them and the meaning they have to you, Axl has told you the album was done and ready for release years ago.

The rest of us understand that there might've been things that were completed and that often they talked about wishing to release the album.

Yes, everybody agrees that something that isn't finished is done!

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 01:19:10 PM by jarmo » Logged

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #277 on: December 28, 2007, 01:18:02 PM »

I don't. ?I think you are making a lot of assumptions and speculations, and its pointless until we have all the facts.
darn, i really thought u were gonna be one of the members who agreed with me....silly me... Roll Eyes

kollemann
Rocker

Chinese Democracy is now!!!!!

« Reply #278 on: December 28, 2007, 01:19:39 PM »

Which facts ? A E-Mail?......The only fact is that there is no release since the year 2000.

http://www.myspace.com/kollemann = german GNR support

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000610764106
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #279 on: December 28, 2007, 01:20:30 PM »

I don't.  I think you are making a lot of assumptions and speculations, and its pointless until we have all the facts.
darn, i really thought u were gonna be one of the members who agreed with me....silly me... Roll Eyes

I could give you the list of "everybody" who agrees with you.

hihi

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: