Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:22:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD w/ Label = Directly from Richard
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD w/ Label = Directly from Richard  (Read 152446 times)
Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #240 on: December 28, 2007, 09:58:25 AM »

I hate to sound like an a$$kisser ( Tongue ) but I have to agree with Jarmo on this. This is the first time we've had many people telling us that the record is with the record company now. This is not some rumour from mygnr or where ever people post bullshit all the time.
There must be something wrong with people who think this is not good news. Maybe they get their kicks out of bashing people & gnr and good news are bad news to them, because once the album is out they can't make fun of it anymore.

You bash Axl like that and you'll probably get banned. Roll Eyes So you guys bash Jarmo instead. How mature of you. ?drool

Kiss Kiss Kiss
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #241 on: December 28, 2007, 09:59:58 AM »

jarmo, surely you're not saying that the bands "stategy"/plan/ the way things have been handled in the last 5-10 years has been anything other than shambolic?

by axls own admission the MTV thing was "a disaster".........and that is just one of many things that have made the band a bit of a joke among the general public.

I personally wish that the band didn't handle their affairs in such a shoddy way, as it takes the shine off, what will be, amzing music.

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #242 on: December 28, 2007, 10:10:42 AM »

jarmo, surely you're not saying that the bands "stategy"/plan/ the way things have been handled in the last 5-10 years has been anything other than shambolic?

by axls own admission the MTV thing was "a disaster".........and that is just one of many things that have made the band a bit of a joke among the general public.

I personally wish that the band didn't handle their affairs in such a shoddy way, as it takes the shine off, what will be, amzing music.

Often things happen that are out of your control.

Yet you're quick to point fingers.

It's like you plan on going from A to B, but then you realize you can't take the shortest way because the bridge is closed. So you end up going from A to B via Z! A little detour.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #243 on: December 28, 2007, 10:18:13 AM »

Quote from: Ines
we have to live our lives... It sucks.
Love this quote Grin
I agree also, i wouldn't have wanted that 2002 voice on CD, However he got his voice back, Id love to know cause it is fuckin amazing now.
please go and check FM-tribute 1992 or Chicago 1992 again before making such a lame statement, thanks.
Please check Nightrain from rock am Ring 2006,
Please check Outa Get Me from Pukkelpop 2002, thanks.

hihi

It's great news, just confirms what we already knew tho and I agree with Sklermo, why whine and be so negative Tongue

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #244 on: December 28, 2007, 10:19:34 AM »

I think it just adds to the mystery of what is GnR. ?Cool I don't ever want them to be ordinary. Extraordinary & different sounds a lot better and way more interesting than shiny, polished and (over)produced.

Yes, maybe the "mtv thing" was a disaster to some people, but look what it started. Maybe if Axl hadn't gone up to the stage that night he wouldn't be touring now? In the last couple of years he's definitely proven people (fans and everyone else) that he's not just some jersey-wearing-weirdo-has-been, but a musical genious with a great band & perhaps revolutionary new music. Now he can get the album out and be what he is meant to be. They sound right, look right... I think now is the right time. And I hope the record company and everyone else involved think so too. yes

JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #245 on: December 28, 2007, 10:25:41 AM »

Often things happen that are out of your control.

Yet you're quick to point fingers.

It's like you plan on going from A to B, but then you realize you can't take the shortest way because the bridge is closed. So you end up going from A to B via Z! A little detour.....

/jarmo

It's been a pretty long detour.  Jarmo I really don't care anymore when the cd comes out but you do have to admit fans have a reason to be frustrated about the wait.  It's been too long.  GN'R fans are constantly let down year after year with no release.  Quit trying to sound like the ultimate GN'R fan.  Axl will not give you a ribbon for it. 
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #246 on: December 28, 2007, 10:33:26 AM »

It's been a pretty long detour.  Jarmo I really don't care anymore when the cd comes out but you do have to admit fans have a reason to be frustrated about the wait.  It's been too long.  GN'R fans are constantly let down year after year with no release.  Quit trying to sound like the ultimate GN'R fan.  Axl will not give you a ribbon for it. 

You people seem to think I'm in some kind of competition. I'm not.

I'm just not interested in hearing you go on and on and on about the same fucking shit year after year. If you lost all hope, I don't care. I don't need to hear it.

If you need to vent, check out that thread in Dead Horse.

I don't need to see your "frustration" in every thread related to the album. Get it?

The truth is, you don't want to post there because you looove the attention. If all the "youngunners" on the board stuck to posting in that thread alone, instead of ruining every other thread with their "it's not coming" routine, I wouldn't have to do this every fucking time.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #247 on: December 28, 2007, 10:43:33 AM »

I've been reading all the back and forth shit and It's about time you Jarmo have said what you just wrote...

It makes sense.... great point!

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #248 on: December 28, 2007, 11:02:20 AM »

I cant bring myself to read all the fighting going on here....

but let me say this....

if we never get Chinese Democracy (stay with me here), we already heard many of the tunes that would have been on it. That's first and foremost, we already have heard the title track, maddy, irs, better, rhiad, blues, there was a time.....as far as im concerned, i already got most of CD with the leaks, and the title track, Chinese Democracy, is mind-blowing. The last leak WAS STUDIO QUALITY, ready for the radio....so as far as I am concerned, Im happy, I have many of the songs.

Sure, Id like to hear these other titles that have been thrown out there, like Sorry, Thyme etc. etc.

BUT...........we need to stop fighting. Axl has delivered Appettite, Lies, UYI's, SI, Live double album, Greatest Hits, '00 show, '01 shows, 2002 MTV, 2002 Tour (12/6/02 best show ever, in NYC at MSG) and the 2006/07 tours. ENOUGH with the complaining!!!!!!!

FRUSTRATED?HuhHuhHuh? go listen to the radio for 45 seconds (if u can stomach it) then turn on Rocketqueen, Estranged, Breakdown, Locomotive, Coma, Human Being, Jungle, Scom, Maddy, CD, There was a Time.....go listen to GNR, AXL.....stop complaining!!!!!!!!!!!!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #249 on: December 28, 2007, 11:44:03 AM »

Shows how ignorant you are.
no, it shows that Ive been paying attention over the years. Have you not heard the same statements from other band members including Axl in the past? minus the its in the labels hands. And Im sure the album has been in the labels hands atleast once before.

As I have said this whole time....Until the album is in the labels hands then we will never be close to the album. History dictates that. Not me, not you, not whining, or being positive. So if in fact the album is in the labels hands then we are all in good shape.

It's called a wish? A hope?

You know, like the Mets would say "we hope to win the World Series in 2008" (if they had a chance).
stop trying to twist what Im saying. You claimed that this album is finally done. i said its been done in the past. You scoffed at the idea. I never said anything or whined about Axl not coming thru on potential release dates.

I said that the album has been done a few times over the years. To think otherwise is being naive.

As I said, constructive criticism is one thing, your posts is another.

what part of ...."Axl/gnr havnt handled certain things well over the years" isnt constructive criticism??

[quoteMore insults.

Now that's comical coming from a "fan" going to a fan site to whine about shit he has no control over.

What do you know about what GN'R is about?

It's very much about that. This is who we are and how we are, if you don't like it, fuck off.

That's GN'R for you.
Your the one who started with the insults buddy. I cant control the fact that you are stuck in the clouds and think that anyone who critiques the band are whiners and bitter people. Thats how you operate not me.

I cant control the fact that you cant handle criticism of your favorite band. There are certain things Axl has done over the years that havnt been handled properly imo. Its just an opinion dude. Obiviously Axl and this band have provided a lot more positive things than negative. And will continue to do so in the future. Everyone makes mistakes dude.....Im sure Axl will admit to some. Heck he even said that most of the old videos are corny in retrospect. If some1 said that on here you would be all over their ass saying...if you dont like it get off the train or some other corny shit...but being Axl said that its prob ok to say it ...

This is a forum. We all love the band. We all want to see the band release CD and dominate the scene. Most of us want to see the members of this band...particularly Robin, Tommy, and Pittman see all of their hard work rewarded and recognized. Some of us feel like there have been some missteps along the way. I could careless about the wait at this point. Its tedious but whatever its cool. We wait, We support. We all have lives Jarmo. But sometimes in life you question how things are being run or how things are perceived to be. In doing so, it doesnt make you less of a fan.

You and others might be content with the band playing the same setlist for every city in the world. Others arent as excited after the 3rd go around. Others crave a CD tour, a CD album.

As a fan, it was imo, ?the best time to release CD was in 2006. Axl worked on the album/s for 6 yrs. The album changed over time(probably for the better) as the band formed and gelled (Bucket). Axl was able to get the band out of the studio and gel as a band and introduce the band back in 02. They then went away for awhile. The mystique was still there. Then came 2006. That is when the album should have dropped. But it didnt for various reasons im sure. Thats all fine and dandy. Its not a big deal . We have all waited. We are numb to the waiting.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #250 on: December 28, 2007, 11:56:05 AM »

The truth is, you don't want to post there because you looove the attention. If all the "youngunners" on the board stuck to posting in that thread alone, instead of ruining every other thread with their "it's not coming" routine, I wouldn't have to do this every fucking time.
The truth is many people who come here and support the band need to supply themselves with a vomit bag. All the ass kissing and excuses around here is comical. Yea I know If I dont like it why do you come here. TWAT that this place was the place to be to discuss gnr. bad and good. compare old and new. compare new with the new. compare the new band with the music scene. etc. That has slowly changed over the yrs. Its still the place to be....but the atmosphere has changed.

You keep saying that I hijack threads. When did I ever say the album isnt coming out? Do you even know what im saying? you love twisting things to fit your argument. Clearly a Booker tactic. Im sure he would be proud that you kept his tradition alive.

Im sorry I cant get into the where will GNR play next threads. Im sorry I cant get into the "person x says the album is done and its great" threads anymore. Like me, and all the others, those threads belong in the dead horse section too.....99% of what is discussed here should be in the dead horse section.

Jarmo stop with Dr Phil comments. I dont care about attention. If I cared about attention I would post every day the same shit. I barely post anymore. Theres nothing to talk about. Again just because I have a different opinion on certain things doesnt mean me or anyone else are seeking attention. Your over reaction and nutswinging to those opinions seem to be seeking attention. From who I dont know. I understand you have strings attatched but dam. You need to chill out and realize that not everyone has to have the same opinion as you.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 12:01:23 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #251 on: December 28, 2007, 12:04:26 PM »

wtf is going on in this happy thread? Huh

younggunner read your own posts from 2003, 4 and 5. those must be hell comical to you.

greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #252 on: December 28, 2007, 12:05:06 PM »

younggunner you make some good points. one can be a hardcore fan and be critical of the band at the same time.

and every hardcore fan  has got numb to the waiting, after waiting so many years.

however i disagree with you  when you say that the perfect time to release CD was in 06.
i know that your love for bucket plays a role in that (and totally respect that) but for me the only perfect time to release CD is when
Axl feels he is ready to do it. he has been working on this project for so damn long that he deserves to do this in his own way  beer

homo homini lupus...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #253 on: December 28, 2007, 12:12:59 PM »

no, it shows that Ive been paying attention over the years. Have you not heard the same statements from other band members including Axl in the past? minus the its in the labels hands. And Im sure the album has been in the labels hands atleast once before.

Oh yeah, you're the one paying attention.

You failed to answer a few simple questions.

But whatever. I guess it's easy to tell yourself how right you are when you don't need to take facts into account!

stop trying to twist what Im saying. You claimed that this album is finally done. i said its been done in the past. You scoffed at the idea. I never said anything or whined about Axl not coming thru on potential release dates.

Assuming it's been 100% done in the past, how come it was being mixed earlier this year?

Obviously something wasn't done since Axl, Baz and others were still recording in January.

You obviously seem to get confused. It's possible the album was nearly done in the past.

I said that the album has been done a few times over the years. To think otherwise is being naive.

How the hell do you know that?

Considering what I said above and the fact that you or I don't even know what the album looks like (meaning track listing etc.).

what part of ...."Axl/gnr havnt handled certain things well over the years" isnt constructive criticism??

Do you understand the concept?

In order to be constructive you have to offer suggestions.

Now, in order to do that, you'd have to have a lot of knowledge that we, the fans, don't have.

"Release the album" isn't constructive criticism.

Your the one who started with the insults buddy. I cant control the fact that you are stuck in the clouds and think that anyone who critiques the band are whiners and bitter people. Thats how you operate not me.

I'm stuck in the clouds? Yeah right.

You're the one who's doing the same fucking boring whine routine year after year.

Just because I refuse to join your whine choir doesn't mean my head's not where it's supposed to be.

You're upset about a lot of shit you have no control over. That can't be healthy.

Try getting rid off all that anger for once.

Be positive.

I cant control the fact that you cant handle criticism of your favorite band.

I can, and I deal with it almost daily.

I just can't handle the same group of people whining about the same fucking thing year after year.

You'll never be happy.

There are certain things Axl has done over the years that havnt been handled properly imo. Its just an opinion dude. Obiviously Axl and this band have provided a lot more positive things than negative. And will continue to do so in the future. Everyone makes mistakes dude.....Im sure Axl will admit to some. Heck he even said that most of the old videos are corny in retrospect. If some1 said that on here you would be all over their ass saying...if you dont like it get off the train or some other corny shit...but being Axl said that its prob ok to say it ...

The difference between people like you and me are that I focus on the good.

I don't spend my days focusing on shit that annoy me.

You seem to focus on the things that upset you. Which happens to be things you have no control over!  No fucking wonder it's frustrating.

It's like when the weather sucks, I'm not gonna let it ruin my whole day.

You and others might be content with the band playing the same setlist for every city in the world. Others arent as excited after the 3rd go around. Others crave a CD tour, a CD album.

Unlike you, I can understand that people in certain countries/places are seeing the show for the first time. I can be happy for others instead of just demanding to get things my way.

You need to chill out and realize that not everyone has to have the same opinion as you.

As I've said multiple times, different opinions are understandable. I just don't need to welcome the negative fans to bring everybody else down.

If this doesn't interest you, go on logout.  Smiley

/jarmo

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #254 on: December 28, 2007, 12:16:33 PM »

younggunner read your own posts from 2003, 4 and 5. those must be hell comical to you.
what?

however i disagree with you ?when you say that the perfect time to release CD was in 06.
i know that your love for bucket plays a role in that (and totally respect that) but for me the only perfect time to release CD is when
Axl feels he is ready to do it. he has been working on this project for so damn long that he deserves to do this in his own way

I totally agree. i have been saying for yrs that when its done its done and it will be out. I have no problem with the wait. And I agree when Axl deems its ready then that is when it should be released.
I wrote that from a standpoint of being the best case scenario from my perspective.

But in saying that, I do think that Axl has made a few mistakes over the yrs. I dont see the problem with that statement but Jarmo clealry does. He feels the need to put on his cape and make statements like..things change over time, this isnt burger king you cant have it your way, this is gnretc etc etc. Basically he states the obivious every time. We all know this is Axl and its unpredictable. We all know that Axl will do AND HAS THE RIGHT to do what he wants and release the album when he wants. We already know that Jarmo. Save yourself the typing.

But what I know is that it is very normal...in fact very healthy to have different oppinions on a band. or anything for that matter.

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #255 on: December 28, 2007, 12:16:51 PM »

younggunner you make some good points. one can be a hardcore fan and be critical of the band at the same time.

and every hardcore fan? has got numb to the waiting, after waiting so many years.

however i disagree with you? when you say that the perfect time to release CD was in 06.

Actually, I think the perfect time was in fact 2006. That's not to say that I think this was even possible, or that I blame anyone in particular, but the momentum after those Hammerstein gigs, Izzy jamming on stage, leaks, great tour , etc...... that does seem like this current lineup was becoming relevant again and demanding some attention that would have been promotion in itself.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #256 on: December 28, 2007, 12:25:07 PM »

But in saying that, I do think that Axl has made a few mistakes over the yrs. I dont see the problem with that statement but Jarmo clealry does. He feels the need to put on his cape and make statements like..things change over time, this isnt burger king you cant have it your way, this is gnretc etc etc. Basically he states the obivious every time. We all know this is Axl and its unpredictable. We all know that Axl will do AND HAS THE RIGHT to do what he wants and release the album when he wants. We already know that Jarmo. Save yourself the typing.

For fuck's sake.

You don't even know the full picture but you feel the need to be there with your "Axl has made mistakes!  yes " posts. Does it make you feel better?

When he explains what has happened, your kind is there calling him a liar....

This is your routine: "This sucks! This sucks! That sucks! This sucks because they didn't do that!".

Now, here's me: "That might suck, but you don't know the reason so there's no need to speculate and point fingers!" or "it might suck for you, but there are others who are happy about it".

You're tired of me repeating the same things? Well, it goes both ways. The day you stop whining about the same shit is the day I don't need to remind you of basic things!  ok

You must be a great conversationalist. I bet you tell everyone around you year after year how many mistakes they've made and how you have all the solutions to all their problems.  Tongue

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 12:28:52 PM by jarmo » Logged

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #257 on: December 28, 2007, 12:29:40 PM »

what?

just read them.
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #258 on: December 28, 2007, 12:30:20 PM »

For fuck's sake.

You don't even know the full picture but you feel the need to be there with your "Axl has made mistakes!  yes " posts. Does it make you feel better?

When he explains what has happened, your kind is there calling him a liar....

This is your routine: "This sucks! This sucks! That sucks! This sucks because they didn't do that!".

Now, here's me: "That might suck, but you don't know the reason so there's no need to speculate and point fingers!" or "it might suck for you, but there are others who are happy about it".

You're tired of me repeating the same things? Well, it goes both ways. The day you stop whining about the same shit is the day I don't need to remind you of basic things!  ok

/jarmo

OMG

Will you guys go put on the Illusions or the Leaks and relax!!! I've seen GNR 5 times since 2002, and I have new music, don't you?! whats the problem?!?!?!

Its not like someone is saying you cannot watch GNR or listen to GNR. You can, go do it. There are three high-quality versions out there of CD, BLUES, and There Was A Time. Go enjoy them!!

Chinese Democracy will be just an album, its not a worldwide movement for peace.  You may be let down if this is all you're concerned with. Enjoy what is already there, it didn't disappear.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #259 on: December 28, 2007, 12:32:27 PM »

But he didn't get the album he was promised and it's been done for years!  crying

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: