Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:26:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD w/ Label = Directly from Richard
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD w/ Label = Directly from Richard  (Read 152505 times)
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #220 on: December 28, 2007, 03:06:35 AM »

How the fuck is that possible considering recording was done in January?

Why is it that things need to be explained to you time after time?

Something you worked on this year and finished couldn't have been finished before you did the last work on it.

Isn't that basic logic?

Every time there's any news about the album, you and your kind are here to remind us of the past. Time to move on?

"It's been done for years". Funny.

so your telling me that for the first time ever Chinese Democracy is considered finished? You cant be serious. What Bach has said in regards to the album has been said countless times by band members and people around the band in the past.

Axl even told us about the 3 album plan back in London in 02. We have known about that for years. CD has been finished for years. It could have been released at anytime from 00-2006. Over time the album has changed. Luckily Axl was smart enough not to release it when he first came back during RIO. I think the album that we will be hearing didnt begin to take shape till around 03-05ish. The Bucket Era.

During the past 7 yrs Axl has stated on different occasions the release of CD. To think that the album hasnt been finished this whole time is being naive. If it hasnt been finished over the yrs why would Axl bring up potential release dates over time?

This way: Whine, whine, whine.... We get it.

You're a big fan? I guess you're a big fan as long as the band does what you want them to,. The other times, you just like to point out how everything sucks.

Constructive criticism is one thing, but some of you go beyond that.

Does it really fill some kind of fucking void in your life to put the band, you claim to be fans of, down?

Don't wanna give you any ideas....?

Yea, you are correct. Im not a fan. Im a person who wants to hear his favorite bands upcoming album that I have been PATIENTLY waiting for for almost 7 yrs now. I am a person who wants to rock out and hear studio cuts of a new band that he knows has the talent and potential to make great music. Silly me.

You keep insinuating that I have no life or am bitter over this situation. We have had this argument a zillion times.
JUST BECAUSE YOU CRITIQUE SOMETHING DOESNT MEAN YOU ARE NOT A FAN. If you would come back to Earth like the rest of us for just one day you would realize that. We all dont party with the band. So mabe for you its harder to knock the process. For me it isnt. The situation is what it is. And again, I could careless about the wait. "I have a life". As do many others. Some things have been handled poorly over the yrs. What is so wrong about that? Get Bfoots guitar out of your ass. Your way to wound up.

I think the main thing that is dissapointing is what D touched on. A lot of us feel like Axl built up the mystique and anticipation and then blew his shot at a memorable comeback. To add on that, nothing will compare to the mystique and excitement this band created from lets say 00-04/05ish. But the delays, the tours, the lack of a gameplan, or lack of execution has killed that spark. Which is fine. Its not a big deal because when the album drops most of us will get pumped again. But your attitude along with others is comical. Its corny. especially jim bob. You all need to get off your knees.
Unfortunately there is "no logic here today". Its all gone. Everything is go axl, where can gnr play next, and if u dont like that fuck off. which is lame. its not what gnr is about.

I agreet o some extent,

but Alot of people are underestimating gnr ,

I mean for all those people who think "GNR have lost their chance, they lost the momentum they built up in 00-06 etc"
Must have the ability to see into the future,
because I cant even see how thats believable,

How much momentum did gnr exactly build in the last 5 yearS?
From what I can tell, not a great lot in the whole sceam of things, I mean last years 70 concerts were great,
but were done with little to very low promotion, compared to other bands in the world today,
With that said, even though it was considered a good acheivement by any standards with bands,

For gnr, they fell below their goal, but its their own undoing, They didnt promote enough, and obviously no album to fall back onto to promote..

So, I completely disagree to see how axl has lost his chance, when Once this album does come out,
The whole marketing machine will be at full speed and everyone will be sick to the death of hearing about guns n roses chinese democracy (if thats ever possible for some of us)

This is one band we cant underestimate,
keep that in mind  beer

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #221 on: December 28, 2007, 03:23:06 AM »

Don't get me wrong Gunns1, I still think Axl can comeback and be the biggest superstar in music.? CD coming out and being huge puts him right back up there.

But u gotta picture this:

for over 4 years, there were I think 2 pics of Axl

1. jamming with Gilby Clarke at that club

2. His Mug Shot from the Arizona arrest.

Thats it

they play ROCK In Rio 3 which was a nice comeback

But when they got announced at MTV VMAs 2002, The world was ready for GNR, I mean that place was ELECTRIC, u could feel it coming through the TV screen

Axl was this mythical, legendary figure that everyone was so curious and so intrigued with that they were just mindfucked that he was performing.

Had Axl looked and sounded like he does now and then a single/video been released the next day and the album out that November, It would've been fuckin amazing, the PERFECT COMEBACK.

I mean it feels in a way like Axl missed a great moment, a great opportunity, one that would've been relived for decades as one of the greatest moments in music history.

instead he came out with that Clean,high pitched rasp free unAxl like voice,baggy jersey and ran out of breath during WTTJ.

thats what bugs me.

We as GNR fans will always Fucking have Axl's back no matter what he does or how long it takes BUT, u have to consider the casual fan, the non fan and the critics waiting for him to fall on his face. All he is doing, Is giving them tons of ammunition and that bothers me.

I also feel bad for the New members who have sacrificed and worked their asses off, only to be mistreated by some fans and to be treated as an afterthought when they should be getting the praise they deserve.

It has to be frustrating for them to go out everynight as a glorified tribute band when they know they have amazing, kick ass music of their own that they can't play yet cause the fuckin album won't get released.

Sometimes I wonder if Axl knows just how great he is.?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 03:25:07 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
gunns1
Legend

« Reply #222 on: December 28, 2007, 03:29:14 AM »

Don't get me wrong Gunns1, I still think Axl can comeback and be the biggest superstar in music.? CD coming out and being huge puts him right back up there.

But u gotta picture this:

for over 4 years, there were I think 2 pics of Axl

1. jamming with Gilby Clarke at that club

2. His Mug Shot from the Arizona arrest.

Thats it

they play ROCK In Rio 3 which was a nice comeback

But when they got announced at MTV VMAs 2002, The world was ready for GNR, I mean that place was ELECTRIC, u could feel it coming through the TV screen

Axl was this mythical, legendary figure that everyone was so curious and so intrigued with that they were just mindfucked that he was performing.

Had Axl looked and sounded like he does now and then a single/video been released the next day and the album out that November, It would've been fuckin amazing, the PERFECT COMEBACK.

I mean it feels in a way like Axl missed a great moment, a great opportunity, one that would've been relived for decades as one of the greatest moments in music history.

instead he came out with that Clean,high pitched rasp free unAxl like voice,baggy jersey and ran out of breath during WTTJ.

thats what bugs me.

We as GNR fans will always Fucking have Axl's back no matter what he does or how long it takes BUT, u have to consider the casual fan, the non fan and the critics waiting for him to fall on his face. All he is doing, Is giving them tons of ammunition and that bothers me.

I also feel bad for the New members who have sacrificed and worked their asses off, only to be mistreated by some fans and to be treated as an afterthought when they should be getting the praise they deserve.

It has to be frustrating for them to go out everynight as a glorified tribute band when they know they have amazing, kick ass music of their own that they can't play yet cause the fuckin album won't get released.

Sometimes I wonder if Axl knows just how great he is.?

fair enough man,
but I wouldn't of wanted cd 5 years ago, because If Axl sounded on cd as he did at the Mtv awards and the whole 01/02 tour,
Then I would of rather of waited till he sounded better on cd,
It wasnt his time back then
he wasnt ready back then,
both mentally, physically, and his voice,band etc...

Axl said on eddie trunk, That he needed those shows in 2002 so hes band could gel together and "feel each other out" to speak,

So it acheived its purpose,
Now axl looks like hes back, he looks like he has attitude, every performance he gives now , from the 06/07 shows, He looks like hes pissed off and
he as a point to proove, which to some people he does, but to us he doesnt,

Hes winning the world back, 1 person at a time, and once cd hits, which hopefully will be next year ( I say that every year)
It will win over the world.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #223 on: December 28, 2007, 03:39:11 AM »

I cant believe how incredible he sounds now.  I think its the best he has ever sounded in his career..... well except maybe late 80's very early 90's.

He sounds way better than he did on the Illusion tour thats for sure.

I agree also, i wouldn't have wanted that 2002 voice on CD, However he got his voice back, Id love to know cause it is fuckin amazing now.

gunns1
Legend

« Reply #224 on: December 28, 2007, 03:57:21 AM »

I cant believe how incredible he sounds now.? I think its the best he has ever sounded in his career..... well except maybe late 80's very early 90's.

I agree also, i wouldn't have wanted that 2002 voice on CD, However he got his voice back, Id love to know cause it is fuckin amazing now.

it would still be great to have,
cause some of the new songs sound great with his high pitched voice
like rehad and blues

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #225 on: December 28, 2007, 03:59:58 AM »

I agree
The Blues was perfect at RIR3, one of my fav songs Ever, brings chills to me and hits me deep on an Estranged level

Every other version, I can barely sit through............. weird. confused

« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 04:05:46 AM by D » Logged

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #226 on: December 28, 2007, 04:07:22 AM »

I cant believe how incredible he sounds now.? I think its the best he has ever sounded in his career..... well except maybe late 80's very early 90's.

please go and check FM-tribute 1992 or Chicago 1992 again before making such a lame statement, thanks.

Re-Union time, baby!!
gunns1
Legend

« Reply #227 on: December 28, 2007, 04:14:17 AM »

please go and check FM-tribute 1992 or Chicago 1992 again before making such a lame statement, thanks.

Please check Nightrain from rock am Ring 2006,

or Any song from Dec 20 2006 , California I think,
Before doubting his voice now,

Thanks.

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #228 on: December 28, 2007, 04:48:28 AM »

you were the one making the general statement: "He sounds way better than he did on the Illusion tour thats for sure." <-- disagreed.

i've only pointed out some Axl voice highlights from the Illusion era he just cant reach vocally today anymore.
but i also agree he has some other highlights in 2006.

and hey, we're off topic? peace

Re-Union time, baby!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #229 on: December 28, 2007, 05:21:38 AM »

We are always way off topic

Yeah, I agree Chicago 92 is phenomenal

but compared to some shows I have boots of from 92-93, he sounds better now.

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #230 on: December 28, 2007, 06:28:08 AM »

you were the one making the general statement: "He sounds way better than he did on the Illusion tour thats for sure." <-- disagreed.

For sure. One of the best shows I have ever seen, and I've seen a few, was in June of '91.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #231 on: December 28, 2007, 06:30:23 AM »

could somebody answer me one questions please :

Why are we picking on each other that much?
 We are here to talk about ?a band we all love . A lot of peolple here are doing this rollercoaster ride for some years now.....I can only speak for myself but the music of GNR means a lot to me and when a GNR tune is running it usually gets me by the nuts....
On the other hand it must be allowed to say that this whole "releasing an album and doing a perfect comeback thing " wouldn't run a lot more chaotic if Axl's dog would be deciding everythng ?Roll Eyes Most of the time it is pure fucking chaos. What happened between 2001 - 2007 was fun to watch but often well worth to shake ones head....

The discussions i read become more and more agressive .
. D says that Jarmo says that . Youngunner says that MR XXX says this etc.
It's a fucked up atmosphere these days...
And at the end everybody is telling the other to fuck off...
This thread is a good example for that

and that brings me to another "issue " which is actually also directed to Jarmo :

Jarmo, ?the whole GNR story is very complicated and full of legal stuff,mental problems ,great shows and large periods of silence.
Of course peolpe are getting fed up with the situation and begin to post their anger,disbelief , disapointment whatever.

In the last few moments this place turned out into a warzone with you Jarmo playing the role of SGT Slaughter ?sometimes
Every time a "hot" topic is born and peolple start to talk about certain issues GNR definately has you come along and try to tell us how dumb we are...
That is not necessary.It is actually uncool and it is poison for this board.

I am aware of the fact that you need to delete some dumbass- posts ands that you have to ban some Fuckers from time to time but to me it appears that GNR became something likew a "holy cow" to you and that you get angry at anyone who touches that holy cow....

Ist that the case or is it mis-interpretation from my side ??
Don't misunderstand me . I don't want to start a fight or something i just think that this board deserves a lot more than us telling each other how stupid and fucked up we are
!!

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
Megaguns
« Reply #232 on: December 28, 2007, 06:38:16 AM »

the hold up at the moment is because of the leaks.....   If i were a record label i would be the same

RECORD LABEL SAYS-   

" four songs from your 12 songs recorded for the forthcoming album have already leaked," "well then we need some fresh songs then to replace them"....... " you cant sell thbat once3 it already out there.

IM SURE THE LEAKS FUCKED THEM UP.

the album they handed in may only have a few of the leaked songs but enough for them to stop it.
Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #233 on: December 28, 2007, 07:00:20 AM »

the hold up at the moment is because of the leaks.....? ?If i were a record label i would be the same

RECORD LABEL SAYS-? ?

" four songs from your 12 songs recorded for the forthcoming album have already leaked," "well then we need some fresh songs then to replace them"....... " you cant sell thbat once3 it already out there.

IM SURE THE LEAKS FUCKED THEM UP.

the album they handed in may only have a few of the leaked songs but enough for them to stop it.

^

I disagree.

Not all rock fans or people who will buy the album have heard the leaks or gone to the shows! You've gotta keep in mind that we're a minority here. Most people barely know that they've been touring etc. Only hardcore fans have REALLY heard the news songs. Most concert goers don't even remember the "new" songs anymore when they exit the venue. They'll just nod and say yeah the news songs were great too! Maybe they'll then go and find out what those songs were, but that's a MAYBE. And youtube quality sucks anyway, LOL.

The record company must know that.

And btw didn't they play UYI songs before the albums were released? Not to mention that the songs we have heard live may (and will) sound completely different on the record.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #234 on: December 28, 2007, 07:12:08 AM »

could somebody answer me one questions please :

Why are we picking on each other that much?
 We are here to talk about  a band we all love . A lot of peolple here are doing this rollercoaster ride for some years now.....I can only speak for myself but the music of GNR means a lot to me and when a GNR tune is running it usually gets me by the nuts....
On the other hand it must be allowed to say that this whole "releasing an album and doing a perfect comeback thing " wouldn't run a lot more chaotic if Axl's dog would be deciding everythng  Roll Eyes Most of the time it is pure fucking chaos. What happened between 2001 - 2007 was fun to watch but often well worth to shake ones head....

The discussions i read become more and more agressive .
. D says that Jarmo says that . Youngunner says that MR XXX says this etc.
It's a fucked up atmosphere these days...
And at the end everybody is telling the other to fuck off...
This thread is a good example for that

and that brings me to another "issue " which is actually also directed to Jarmo :

Jarmo,  the whole GNR story is very complicated and full of legal stuff,mental problems ,great shows and large periods of silence.
Of course peolpe are getting fed up with the situation and begin to post their anger,disbelief , disapointment whatever.

In the last few moments this place turned out into a warzone with you Jarmo playing the role of SGT Slaughter  sometimes
Every time a "hot" topic is born and peolple start to talk about certain issues GNR definately has you come along and try to tell us how dumb we are...
That is not necessary.It is actually uncool and it is poison for this board.

I am aware of the fact that you need to delete some dumbass- posts ands that you have to ban some Fuckers from time to time but to me it appears that GNR became something likew a "holy cow" to you and that you get angry at anyone who touches that holy cow....

Ist that the case or is it mis-interpretation from my side ??
Don't misunderstand me . I don't want to start a fight or something i just think that this board deserves a lot more than us telling each other how stupid and fucked up we are
!!

I was going to post something inane. However, this board has, at the very least, proven that there is a flaw in Godwin's Law

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
sandman
Legend

« Reply #235 on: December 28, 2007, 07:41:29 AM »

there's a huge difference between...

1. "the album is complete"

AND

2. "the album is in the record label's hands"

HUGE difference.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #236 on: December 28, 2007, 07:49:38 AM »

so your telling me that for the first time ever Chinese Democracy is considered finished? You cant be serious. What Bach has said in regards to the album has been said countless times by band members and people around the band in the past.

Shows how ignorant you are.

Axl even told us about the 3 album plan back in London in 02. We have known about that for years. CD has been finished for years.

Please explain why it's only had one tentative release date then.  Smiley

During the past 7 yrs Axl has stated on different occasions the release of CD. To think that the album hasnt been finished this whole time is being naive. If it hasnt been finished over the yrs why would Axl bring up potential release dates over time?

It's called a wish? A hope?

You know, like the Mets would say "we hope to win the World Series in 2008" (if they had a chance).

Yea, you are correct. Im not a fan.

Turncoat fan.

JUST BECAUSE YOU CRITIQUE SOMETHING DOESNT MEAN YOU ARE NOT A FAN.

As I said, constructive criticism is one thing, your posts is another.

If you would come back to Earth like the rest of us for just one day you would realize that. We all dont party with the band. So mabe for you its harder to knock the process. For me it isnt. The situation is what it is. And again, I could careless about the wait. "I have a life". As do many others. Some things have been handled poorly over the yrs. What is so wrong about that? Get Bfoots guitar out of your ass. Your way to wound up.

Ah, the old insults when all else fails.

But your attitude along with others is comical. Its corny. especially jim bob. You all need to get off your knees.
Unfortunately there is "no logic here today". Its all gone. Everything is go axl, where can gnr play next, and if u dont like that fuck off. which is lame. its not what gnr is about.

More insults.

Now that's comical coming from a "fan" going to a fan site to whine about shit he has no control over.

What do you know about what GN'R is about?

It's very much about that. This is who we are and how we are, if you don't like it, fuck off.

That's GN'R for you.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
destry rides again
Global Moderator
Rocker

to find my wooden leg

« Reply #237 on: December 28, 2007, 08:35:49 AM »

You know, like the Mets would say "we hope to win the World Series in 2008" (if they had a chance).

/jarmo

Really unnecessary to drag the Mets into this Smiley

04/16/93 11/27/02 12/05/02 12/06/02x 05/12/06 05/15/06 05/17/06 11/05/06 11/10/06 11/13/06 02/11/10 11/17/11 11/19/11 11/20/11 11/26/11 02/10/12 02/12/12 2/15/12 2/24/12 2/27/12 6/5/13 6/6/13
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #238 on: December 28, 2007, 09:02:28 AM »

/jarmo

Really unnecessary to drag the Mets into this Smiley

Never!  Tongue

hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #239 on: December 28, 2007, 09:49:54 AM »

What will happen first, mets getting a world series or CD coming out?  I'm a fan of both and am hoping for a good 08.  I was hoping for a good 07, 06, 05 etc....   this year is different though!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: