Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:17:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD w/ Label = Directly from Richard
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD w/ Label = Directly from Richard  (Read 152312 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #180 on: December 27, 2007, 08:56:29 PM »

Jarmo u suck thats right now ban my ass! I observed  here for a few years not said  to much. But Seriously when someone has an opinion leave it at that. But no u have to show your almighty I am here today gone to hell moderator power. Some things U should just keep to yourself but no u think u are this all mighty shit when u are u are just some fucking nerd rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl.Bye Bye Now

Bye.

The problem ass clowns like yourself have with me is that I tell you to fuck off instead of kissing your ass.

I don't watch you whine and whine while tapping your back and telling you "there there"....

According to your logic (or lack there of), I should let the whiners whine and despite me disagreeing with what they say, I should just let them go on and on.

Guess what, it's not working that way.

If you come here to whine about GN'R because your life sucks, just fuck off and have a happy new year. Smiley

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 09:01:38 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #181 on: December 27, 2007, 08:59:43 PM »

No SHit. Its been done for years. What Baz has said has been said by many people.

How the fuck is that possible considering recording was done in January?

Why is it that things need to be explained to you time after time?

Something you worked on this year and finished couldn't have been finished before you did the last work on it.

Isn't that basic logic?

Just saying it like I see it.

This way: Whine, whine, whine.... We get it.

You're a big fan? I guess you're a big fan as long as the band does what you want them to,. The other times, you just like to point out how everything sucks.

Constructive criticism is one thing, but some of you go beyond that.

Does it really fill some kind of fucking void in your life to put the band, you claim to be fans of, down?

in fact that is a young school girls mentality. maybe you should change your name accordingly?

Don't wanna give you any ideas....? Tongue

Every time there's any news about the album, you and your kind are here to remind us of the past. Time to move on?

"It's been done for years". Funny.

Instead it looks like you agree with me but want to have a go at me anyway.? ?

Didn't you pretty much claim it's pointless to tour in case these nostalgia craving concert goers won't show up?

I don't agree with that.

I explained why. Because you can never really count on them going to any shows.

This is the kind of people who might go see a show because they happen to pass the venue on the night of the show.

/jarmo

I did? ? That must be in "Jarmoworld" because here on Planet Earth I said no such thing. ?It obviously doesn't matter what I wrote since by the time it leaves the information leaves your eyes and gets interpreted by your brain it gets all twisted. ? I'm really not sure what part you have issue with because you seem to both agree with what I wrote and then disagree with it in the same post. ?I really have no idea which Jarmo is trying to argue here so I'm not interested. ? You carry on seeing what you want to see. ?For the sake of the rest of the readers I won't quote my original post again, but here it is:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=50214.msg1028317#msg1028317

I never said that it's pointless to tour.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
maynard
« Reply #182 on: December 27, 2007, 09:06:27 PM »

Jarmo u suck thats right now ban my ass! I observed  here for a few years not said  to much. But Seriously when someone has an opinion leave it at that. But no u have to show your almighty I am here today gone to hell moderator power. Some things U should just keep to yourself but no u think u are this all mighty shit when u are u are just some fucking nerd rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl.Bye Bye Now

Bye.

The problem ass clowns like yourself have with me is that I tell you to fuck off instead of kissing your ass.

I don't watch you whine and whine while tapping your back and telling you "there there"....

According to your logic (or lack there of), I should let the whiners whine and despite me disagreeing with what they say, I should just let them go on and on.

Guess what, it's not working that way.

If you come here to whine about GN'R because GNR current status and lack of news suck, just fuck off and have a happy new year. Smiley

/jarmo

fixed
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #183 on: December 27, 2007, 09:07:48 PM »

I really have no idea which Jarmo is trying to argue here so I'm not interested.   

I explained it a few times!

You argue about something which I don't think is even an issue (the nostalgia crowd). That's what I don't agree with!

I agree that certain people go see shows for nostalgia, I don't think it's an issue because you can't count on them anyway.

Instead of addressing that, you keep going on and on about how I agree with you.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #184 on: December 27, 2007, 09:19:52 PM »

I really have no idea which Jarmo is trying to argue here so I'm not interested.? ?

I explained it a few times!

You argue about something which I don't think is even an issue (the nostalgia crowd). That's what I don't agree with!

I agree that certain people go see shows for nostalgia, I don't think it's an issue because you can't count on them anyway.

Instead of addressing that, you keep going on and on about how I agree with you.

/jarmo

Oh my god.  You DO know how to express yourself properly.  To be honest Jarmo you did a shit job of explaining yourself with your sarcastic and holier than thou one liners.  Go back and read your previous posts.  All you need to do it get off your high horse now and then and you're quite capable of having a conversation with us little people.

The record company would be foolish not to count on those people for ticket sales and other possible pull through revenues.  This is why when smaller bands are trying to establish themselves they'll try to spread out into other geographic markets.  It opens up the bands to new fans, it gives the "home" fans the chance to build up their appetite for the band again (even the hard core fans) and it increases both the perceived and real popularity of the band.   I don't believe that this is some sort of industry secret, it's about market penetration strategy.  I would love it if GNR were to play in my town tomorrow night, Saturday night and Sunday night.  But they couldn't count on me to go to all three shows.   The more casual the "fan" the less tolerance they have for seeing the same show twice, or three times. 

Anyway, in your opinion the nostalgia crowd is not an issue.  I think it is, especially in today's market when they should be thinking about maximizing revenues.  Neither of are experts (and I don't claim to be) so it's just opinions.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #185 on: December 27, 2007, 09:42:40 PM »

Oh my god.  You DO know how to express yourself properly.  To be honest Jarmo you did a shit job of explaining yourself with your sarcastic and holier than thou one liners.  Go back and read your previous posts.  All you need to do it get off your high horse now and then and you're quite capable of having a conversation with us little people.

Maybe it's just that I have to explain everything to you a few times until it sinks in?

You can attack me all you want, I made my opinion known, instead of addressing the issue you came up with these "amusing" smart ass remarks....

The record company would be foolish not to count on those people for ticket sales and other possible pull through revenues. 

I think they're more interested in selling albums than ticket sales. Concert promoters sell the tickets.

At least that's how it used to work....

Anyway, in your opinion the nostalgia crowd is not an issue.  I think it is, especially in today's market when they should be thinking about maximizing revenues.  Neither of are experts (and I don't claim to be) so it's just opinions.

Certain former members probably wish that GN'R was about nostalgia.....

I think the record company should worry about how to reach all the rock fans who haven't heard a great album in years instead of worrying about who might show up at the shows.

Meaning, a concert ticket buyer isn't automatically a record buyer.

It seems like concerts aren't the great promotion tool for record sales like they used to be. Just like videos aren't because MTV stopped playing them.

The most optimal would obviously be if the person got the ticket, the shirt and the record. Everybody would be happy.

By the way, wouldn't most of the people who attended the 2006 and/or 2007 tours be considered part of the "nostalgia crowd" since there's no new material released?  Wink

I don't consider myself part of that group. I'm a fan and I try to go see my favorite band as often as possible.

/jarmo

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #186 on: December 27, 2007, 09:46:00 PM »

The Spirit of St. Louis

Two of the Lou's famous rockers fill us in on their favorites of 2007 ? and what the next year holds.

By Annie Zaleski
Published: December 26, 2007

Richard Fortus once attended a Replacements/X double bill at the legendary venue Mississippi Nights. At the time, he and 'Mats bassist Tommy Stinson were the same age. Two or so decades later, the two men are bandmates in the current incarnation of Guns 'n Roses.

It's a just reward for Fortus, a talented guitarist who first found fame in the '80s with St. Louis darlings the Eyes (who were later known as Pale Divine during their major-label days) and later in Love Spit Love, the criminally underrated '90s act that also featured Psychedelic Furs figurehead Richard Butler.

Fortus is still an in-demand musician today: In 2007, he played on albums by the Crystal Method, Puddle of Mudd, the Divinyls and Scott McCloud (ex-Girls Against Boys); worked on the Spiderman 3 video-game score and played on releases by three new (and completely separate) artists named Kerli, Krista and Karen.

As for G n' R, Fortus hit Australia, Mexico, New Zealand and Japan with the band this year, and in 2008 he hopes to be touring in support of G n' R's long-awaited album, Chinese Democracy: "No, really."

Rest of article: http://riverfronttimes.com/2007-12-26/music/the-spirit-of-st-louis/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Montrealrocks
Rocker

Get on board...or fuck off!

« Reply #187 on: December 27, 2007, 09:47:39 PM »

I don't beleive how many fucking whiners there are here.

If you don't like it...JUST DON'T COME HERE!

IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT AXL DOES NOWADAYS......WHY THE FUCK YOU PAY TO GO SEE HIM AND GUNS N' ROSES IN CONCERT?

Either get on board...OR FUCK OFF!!!!!!

@gnrworld on twitter

Montreal 17/05/88
Montreal 08/08/1992
New York 14/05/2006
Ottawa 17/11/2006
Quebec 18/11/2006
Montreal 27/01/2010
Quebec 01/02/2010
Quebec 12/07/2013
Montreal 14/07/2
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #188 on: December 27, 2007, 09:56:42 PM »

As for G n' R, Fortus hit Australia, Mexico, New Zealand and Japan with the band this year, and in 2008 he hopes to be touring in support of G n' R's long-awaited album, Chinese Democracy: "No, really."

Rest of article: http://riverfronttimes.com/2007-12-26/music/the-spirit-of-st-louis/
Thanks man!  beer

WTF, couldnt this be more clear? I mean, its very baddly written.

Still, seems like Richard really hopes to be touring in support of Chinese album. Thats what I understood, at least.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #189 on: December 27, 2007, 10:05:08 PM »

IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT AXL DOES NOWADAYS......WHY THE FUCK YOU PAY TO GO SEE HIM AND GUNS N' ROSES IN CONCERT?

Who are u to tell someone to fuck off when u have been on here for like 2 minutes?

We, Youngunner and myself and countless others have been waiting patiently for over 5 years on here and u stick around through 5 more years of false starts and lets see how tested your patience gets and lets see if u are still singing that same bullshit tune.

If everyone had to choose I'd say the GNR fanbase would shrink considerably.

I am definitely no whiner or no hater but seriously, its been the same bullshit since 2002 after the VMA's.

we thought we were getting the album Spring 2003 then it was Summer, then it was November for sure

2004 same

2005 same

2006 same
2007 It HAD to be the year after the Axl press release, the firing of Merck, 2007 HAD to be the year.

So what makes anyone think 2008 will be any different?

Personally it doesn't bother me waiting, I don't bitch about it. I hate how Axl could've had the greatest comeback in music history but now has kind of ruined a lot of the magic that could've came out of it with a Great MTV performance, a video single the next day and the album in November of 2002.

It was all lined up for Axl and in my opinion they blew a great opportunity.

Who is to say the leaks weren't done purposely by the band to try and force the record label's hand.

I am kind of worried to be honest.

If The Record Label have CD, why the fuck wouldn't they release it?? Unless they feel it has no hits on it.................. To me, if a guy has taken a decade and he finally gives u the finished product, u would think u would release the damn thing and make it priority number 1.......

So there are a whole lot of questions left up in the air.

Sebastian may have said this and that, Richard and Bumble may have said this and that but I take one person's word and that is Axl

Still haven't heard it from his mouth.

Looks to me, if he already turned it in, He would've updated the fans like he promised in the last letter?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #190 on: December 27, 2007, 10:06:27 PM »

Ladies and gentleman Vice - President  Dick Cheney..................

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
TheGun
Headliner

A splinter in your mind.

« Reply #191 on: December 27, 2007, 10:07:43 PM »

With all due respect to this post, as well as the prior posts by Jarmo calling out whiners... There are a lot of whiners - this is true, however, ?there are really two types of "whiners". To me it seems there are those that, while annoying, are positive. Then there are those that deserve what is said above - as it is negative. They are two different buckets, one containing shit, and the other not.

Again, with all due respect, to me it is not bad if you have people pleading for the release of the album. While it may be whining, it is certainly positive that the people care about an album that is often referred to as a punch line, and have been led to believe the release will happen in short order, time and time again. That is no bash as we have no clue about the circumstances. But again, the whiners who are not bashing, let them whine; while annoying, it is a positve.

Those other whiny little bitches that go around doing nothing but bashing, putting no thought into what they say other than GNR sucks, no Slash then no GNR, Axl sucks and so on... They are the negative. They can and should take a hike.

Having followed the board since it was started, and seeing this "whiny" theme again, it seems that it is time to at least be thankful for the positive whiners. Those people will buy product and are simply clamoring. To me, let them come around, while the others can eat shit.
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #192 on: December 27, 2007, 10:07:49 PM »

God I whats going on,

One second we are talking about an email from richard about the record company havin the album,

the next we are talking about "NASTALGIA ACTS"

Isnt that offtopic? aside from that, its like watching tennis... back.. and ...forth
lke a dog with a bone

anyways I Belive richard was tryin to give us a subtle clue in his email,
as if to say everything is up to the record companys hands now,
and Gnr are home free,
when in actual fact, Im sure Axl is going to have at least some control over how he wants it to be marketed,
and what route he wants to take,
I know he wont have full controll, but mabye he might provide some forsight to the record company on how he wants to go about it, cause after all,
Axl dont play by rules ?hihi peace beer

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #193 on: December 27, 2007, 10:12:12 PM »

Hey there to you too! Cheesy

Guys seriously... please calm down. It?s not as all this is some new situation or whatever. In fact... what?s happening now is what?s been happening for years. I think we could just relax a bit... It?s fucked up having to wait all this time, but as Axl once said, we have to live our lives...
It sucks. We could have the album already but we don?t. It ain?t easy to be a Guns fan... we took the task, now we must endure it!  Wink

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #194 on: December 27, 2007, 10:14:36 PM »

The Spirit of St. Louis

Two of the Lou's famous rockers fill us in on their favorites of 2007 ? and what the next year holds.

By Annie Zaleski

Richard Fortus once attended a Replacements/X double bill at the legendary venue Mississippi Nights. At the time, he and 'Mats bassist Tommy Stinson were the same age. Two or so decades later, the two men are bandmates in the current incarnation of Guns 'n Roses.

It's a just reward for Fortus, a talented guitarist who first found fame in the '80s with St. Louis darlings the Eyes (who were later known as Pale Divine during their major-label days) and later in Love Spit Love, the criminally underrated '90s act that also featured Psychedelic Furs figurehead Richard Butler.

Fortus is still an in-demand musician today: In 2007, he played on albums by the Crystal Method, Puddle of Mudd, the Divinyls and Scott McCloud (ex-Girls Against Boys); worked on the Spiderman 3 video-game score and played on releases by three new (and completely separate) artists named Kerli, Krista and Karen.

Everyone's so busy arguing that most of them missed this great news!
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #195 on: December 27, 2007, 10:20:03 PM »

Hahaha, indeed man. People really need to know about this great news. Smiley

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #196 on: December 27, 2007, 10:20:14 PM »

The Spirit of St. Louis

By Annie Zaleski

Everyone's so busy arguing that most of them missed this great news!

The great news is that the album is done. Just like Baz has said a while ago.

But still, we have people going on and on about how this news isn't great.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #197 on: December 27, 2007, 10:24:44 PM »

That is cool news.

I also thought it was cool in 2004 when Tommy said basically the same thing.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #198 on: December 27, 2007, 10:24:54 PM »

I don?t get this sentence... can anyone explain it to me? ?Smiley

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #199 on: December 27, 2007, 10:25:21 PM »

I tried to explain on the last page.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: