Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:29:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD w/ Label = Directly from Richard
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD w/ Label = Directly from Richard  (Read 152548 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #160 on: December 27, 2007, 05:18:13 PM »

Remastering, design, publishing, advertising.    I'm sure it's still a cash cow, but it doesn't cost zero. 
GH wasnt remastered. This was even one of the reasons for Geffen to win against Axl, Slash and Duff on court.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #161 on: December 27, 2007, 05:22:34 PM »

I hope GnR tours again without an album just to spite all you cynical fuckers.  rofl
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #162 on: December 27, 2007, 05:28:58 PM »

I hope GnR tours again without an album just to spite all you cynical fuckers.  rofl

I'll never understand all the fans who complain about GN'R not doing what they're "supposed to".

You know, following the rule book.

I must've missed the memo where it was announced that GN'R is yet another one of those bands who does everything by the rule book.

I certainly remember how this band has gone against a lot of things in the past.... 16 years ago they decided to release two albums on the same day for example.

I'm aware that still upsets some of you since you say "they should've just taken the best songs and put out one album".  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #163 on: December 27, 2007, 06:09:52 PM »

Yep, Mr. Jarmo is right on.

Some 'fans' want the band to be edgy and shocking but you want them to conform to a regular schedule for updating their website. You want Axl to have his mysterious vibe and ambiguity, yet you want to know more about his personal life. You want to be surprised, but you want to be informed every step of the way. You want 'Chinese Democracy' to be a blow-away, yet you want to hear the music early and download at the click of the button.

It's a paradox you see and at the end of the day, it's not your band.
odd1
Banned
Rocker

The storm is getting CLOSER !!!

« Reply #164 on: December 27, 2007, 06:30:07 PM »

I hope GnR tours again without an album just to spite all you cynical fuckers.? rofl

I'm aware that still upsets some of you since you say "they should've just taken the best songs and put out one album".? hihi

/jarmo

Yeah! why didnt they just release 1 record with the best songs. Would have been one hell of a record!

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #165 on: December 27, 2007, 06:35:22 PM »

how is playing the same setlist in basically the same order for the past few tours dangerous?

I think most fans want a setlist that is CD heavy with some GH sprinkled in.

And after they play CD out they then have a plethera of songs to choose from for future tours in which the setlist can go back to being unpredictable again...now thats dangerous.

Jarmo, you always say how GNR do things their way, etc etc. yada yada yada. How can you rag on people who want, demand, expect, etc the album "now" and say o well gnr do things their way when in reality they are not doing things their way,

By recent accounts, the album is in the labels hands and the "ball is in the labels court". So if gnr do in fact do things "their way", we would have already had the album by now. but like many other bands, gnr hve to play by the rules of a company.

so in reality gnr arent doing things their way

The days of dangerous rock n roll are long gone

stop trying to play down the release of the album or a new tour

« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 06:37:32 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #166 on: December 27, 2007, 06:44:22 PM »

I hope GnR tours again without an album just to spite all you cynical fuckers.? rofl

I'm aware that still upsets some of you since you say "they should've just taken the best songs and put out one album".? hihi

/jarmo

Yeah! why didnt they just release 1 record with the best songs. Would have been one hell of a record!

Please tell me he's kidding.  rofl
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #167 on: December 27, 2007, 06:45:04 PM »

Jarmo, you always say how GNR do things their way, etc etc. yada yada yada. How can you rag on people who want, demand, expect, etc the album "now" and say o well gnr do things their way when in reality they are not doing things their way,

By recent accounts, the album is in the labels hands and the "ball is in the labels court". So if gnr do in fact do things "their way", we would have already had the album by now. but like many other bands, gnr hve to play by the rules of a company.

Well, do I need to spell it out for you?

Touring for the fans who want to see them instead of not touring because certain fans say it makes no sense.

Not putting out shitty albums when certain fans demanded albums out. The same fans who are "owed" an album.

Even if the release is now up to the record company, it's not like the process so far has been "by the book" so to speak.

It's like you work on something on your own terms for 99% of the time and then the last percent is up to somebody else, you're there saying "but you didn't do it on your own terms!".

Please.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #168 on: December 27, 2007, 06:50:59 PM »

Well, do I need to spell it out for you?

Touring for the fans who want to see them instead of not touring because certain fans say it makes no sense.

Not putting out shitty albums when certain fans demanded albums out. The same fans who are "owed" an album.

Even if the release is now up to the record company, it's not like the process so far has been "by the book" so to speak.

It's like you work on something on your own terms for 99% of the time and then the last percent is up to somebody else, you're there saying "but you didn't do it on your own terms!".

Please.

/jarmo

How do you put up with these people on a daily basis?

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #169 on: December 27, 2007, 06:58:07 PM »

who said not to tour?

I think the gnr fan has been more than patient with this whole process. For the most part everyone is on board with the whole "when its ready, it will be out" slogan.

Who says release an album for the sake of releasing an album? I only go by what Axl says. So when he says the album will be coming out in 2006 or whenever I assume that the album isnt shitty and its ready for release. Didnt you?

You can go on forever with the whole when its ready it will be out slogan. If its not ready by now then thats bothersome dont you think? This album has probably been ready on a few different occasions. Does that mean if CD was released back in 02 or 03 it would have bombed? what about 2004 or 05?

Im sure some great stuff has been added over the years. Particularly when Bucket was in the band. But like anything in life, there needs to be a line drawn in the sand. Its pointless now so it doesnt even matter how long it has taken. I could careless. Ive waited. Patiently and in the process I enjoyed many things from this band. But I have also been let down. And theres nothing wrong with that. Thats life.

I just hate the non chalant vibes that have taken over this place over the past yr or 2. Its nutswingerish ...lollllll

I agree with Axl when he says he doesnt care about the people who dont go to any shows. No1 should care about those whiners, complainers, and haters. But what about the people who have been to a lot of the shows, who have kept the support going, who have remained patient? There voices are just as legit as the typical nutswinger.

Its been discussed a zillion times so it doesnt really matter. We all understand Axl is doing his best to get the album out. Hopefully the album is in the labels hands. If it is than soon is the word.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #170 on: December 27, 2007, 07:02:57 PM »

How do you put up with these people on a daily basis?

the ass kissing probably keeps him goin

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #171 on: December 27, 2007, 07:22:44 PM »

Who says release an album for the sake of releasing an album? I only go by what Axl says. So when he says the album will be coming out in 2006 or whenever I assume that the album isnt shitty and its ready for release. Didnt you?

Was I talking about 2006?

Whatever fits your agenda I guess.

You can go on forever with the whole when its ready it will be out slogan. If its not ready by now then thats bothersome dont you think? This album has probably been ready on a few different occasions. Does that mean if CD was released back in 02 or 03 it would have bombed? what about 2004 or 05?

What are you talking about?

It's done. Read what Baz has said.

I just hate the non chalant vibes that have taken over this place over the past yr or 2. Its nutswingerish ...lollllll

Feel free to fuck off then. OMFG!!1!! LOLZ!!!!!!!oneone11!1!!! Smiley

"I'm so unhappy, the record's not out. My life didn't turn out the way I planned. I'm so unhappy.". We fucking get it.

You come across very bitter for somebody who's got the word "young" in his username.

/jarmo

Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #172 on: December 27, 2007, 07:24:55 PM »

Wow Jarmo, way to read content that isn't there.? Isn't that what you accuse the fans of doing?

Well excuse me. This part right here kinda gave me the impression that in your opinion it would be a bad idea to release the album now because people (casual fans) wouldn't go see the shows, because they already saw GN'R in 2006:

GNR have just toured the US.? Yeah I know - '06, but for a casual fan going to see them in 08 could well be less compelling than it was in 06, because in 06 there was no CD, but there was the significant novelty value for many fans of seeing a band that they grew up on.? Notwithstanding line up changes etc.?

If I was devising a Chi Dem tour schedule for GNR right now, I would be thinking that if they toured today they would be pulling in the die hard fans (who have also bought Chi Dem) but they will be missing out on the novelty/nostalgia segment, and that's an important segment as that's where there is good potential for growth in CD sales.? Perhaps a casual fan goes to the concert to hear SCOM, PC, LALD, NR etc. and leaves after hearing Better, TWAT, CD, Maddy etc. and picks up the CD on his way out of the venue, or the next day at the store.?

My point is that there's always these casual fans who might go see the band every year if they had the chance. Or not.

I didn't say that people just go to 1 show every 10 years for novelty reasons.? You know that, you've even confirmed that further down that you seem to understand my point.? It looks like you're just trying to start an argument.? Perhaps you should give yourself some negative karma and take a time out.

Maybe you should stop acting like a smart ass?

Agreed.? We both agree on that.? No need to argue for the sake of arguing.? ?

The only "argument" there is that you don't know what you're talking about and it makes no sense to me.

Instead of addressing the issue that you can't really count on these people to show up and the fact that there's always people who didn't go last time for whatever reason, you keep repeating the "maybe they wouldn't go see GN'R" line.

Like usual, the board has a few experts on marketing, touring, promoting, song writing, mixing, recording, managing, sales, video making, guitar playing and what not.

You even agree that you basically have no idea, but yet you're here offering your expertise on the subject.? Smiley

/jarmo

I'm not offering expertise, I'm offering an opinion.   

You're right Jarmo.   Everyone who went to see them before would go and see them again.   What was I thinking?

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #173 on: December 27, 2007, 07:30:45 PM »

Remastering, design, publishing, advertising.? ? I'm sure it's still a cash cow, but it doesn't cost zero.?
GH wasnt remastered. This was even one of the reasons for Geffen to win against Axl, Slash and Duff on court.

Maybe you're right, but Amazon and several other sites indicate that it is.? Wasn't there an "news bit" about George Sterling doing the remastering of this?? On his website??
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 07:35:40 PM by Howard2k » Logged

What leaks??
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #174 on: December 27, 2007, 07:34:51 PM »

You're right Jarmo.   Everyone who went to see them before would go and see them again.   What was I thinking?

I didn't say that did I?

I said your whole scenario is simplified and pointless.

If ten people don't go, maybe there are ten other who would who didn't go in 2006? We don't know.

Maybe you have a secret formula for when people would go see the same act again purely for nostalgic reasons?

/jarmo

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #175 on: December 27, 2007, 07:39:55 PM »

What are you talking about?

It's done. Read what Baz has said.
No SHit. Its been done for years. What Baz has said has been said by many people.

"I'm so unhappy, the record's not out. My life didn't turn out the way I planned. I'm so unhappy.". We fucking get it.

You come across very bitter for somebody who's got the word "young" in his username.

Not sure what any of that has to do with this thread.

Not bitter at all my friend. Just saying it like I see it. If you read my previous post I said that I have had a lot more ups than downs with this band. Just because this band doesnt do everything right doesnt make me bitter. I m just as big as a gnr fan as you or any1 here. I choose to tell it like it ism you choose to use every excuse in the book. Both ways are fine. thats what fans do.

I am such a bitter guy because I sit at home everyday and dwell on gnr and chinese democracy. Man you are good. How did you know? Last week I was thinking of new ways to release the album so I can help Axl and the boys. Santa got me some new magic marker boards...now i can map out a few new strategies and theories without erasing them so quickly. The week before I didnt leave my room because I was so pissed about the tour setlists over the past few yrs. And for the past 2 yrs ?I have been writing a letter every 2 weeks to Axl asking him why hasnt invited me to any of his parties when he is around the city. He has never responded. Angry I even listed you as a reference I hope you dont mind. Now you know why Im so bitter!

I dont get the personal attacks. Just because some of the process hasnt been handled ?properly doesnt mean Im bitter or a hater. in fact that is a young school girls mentality. maybe you should change your name accordingly?

Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #176 on: December 27, 2007, 07:44:02 PM »

You're right Jarmo.? ?Everyone who went to see them before would go and see them again.? ?What was I thinking?

I didn't say that did I?

I said your whole scenario is simplified and pointless.

If ten people don't go, maybe there are ten other who would who didn't go in 2006? We don't know.

Maybe you have a secret formula for when people would go see the same act again purely for nostalgic reasons?

/jarmo

No Jarmo, you didn't say it. ?But I said it wasn't the case and you indicated that I'm some sort of self professed expert. ?So I assumed that you disagreed with me. ? Instead it looks like you agree with me but want to have a go at me anyway. ? So either there IS an impact on the sale of tickets based upon the nostalgia value of the act (like I said and you made a mockery of my "expert" opinion) or there isn't. ? Obviously BOTH answers are incorrect in your opinion, or you just have some sort of personal issue with me which you should just take to PM. ?

Whatever Jarmo. ? Roll Eyes ?There's no "secret formula". ?Obviously SOME people will and SOME won't. ?You said this yourself, I agreed. ? But you still want to carry on an argument for some reason.

If you can't handle people expressing OPINIONS then you might be in the wrong line of work. ? ?Just to be clear, that was an opinion too, I'm not a career counsellor. ?

Again, I think that the record company has a LOT more to consider than just the input of the hardcore fans. ?I think most of us can understand that. ?I'm not sure why you have an issue with me expressing it.   It's not some sort of attack on the band.  It's a reflection on the sad state of the music industry.  I don't hold GNR responsible for that. 

What leaks??
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #177 on: December 27, 2007, 08:37:36 PM »

how is playing the same setlist in basically the same order for the past few tours dangerous?

I think most fans want a setlist that is CD heavy with some GH sprinkled in.

The show I went to
Was almost strictly fans who
Wanted JUST GH.

Most came for the hits.
They liked all of the new songs
But came for the old.

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #178 on: December 27, 2007, 08:38:02 PM »

No SHit. Its been done for years. What Baz has said has been said by many people.

How the fuck is that possible considering recording was done in January?

Why is it that things need to be explained to you time after time?

Something you worked on this year and finished couldn't have been finished before you did the last work on it.

Isn't that basic logic?

Just saying it like I see it.

This way: Whine, whine, whine.... We get it.

You're a big fan? I guess you're a big fan as long as the band does what you want them to,. The other times, you just like to point out how everything sucks.

Constructive criticism is one thing, but some of you go beyond that.

Does it really fill some kind of fucking void in your life to put the band, you claim to be fans of, down?

in fact that is a young school girls mentality. maybe you should change your name accordingly?

Don't wanna give you any ideas....  Tongue

Every time there's any news about the album, you and your kind are here to remind us of the past. Time to move on?

"It's been done for years". Funny.

Instead it looks like you agree with me but want to have a go at me anyway.   

Didn't you pretty much claim it's pointless to tour in case these nostalgia craving concert goers won't show up?

I don't agree with that.

I explained why. Because you can never really count on them going to any shows.

This is the kind of people who might go see a show because they happen to pass the venue on the night of the show.

/jarmo

gnrziggy
Banned
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #179 on: December 27, 2007, 08:50:53 PM »

Jarmo u suck thats right now ban my ass! I observed  here for a few years not said  to much. But Seriously when someone has an opinion leave it at that. But no u have to show your almighty I am here today gone to hell moderator power. Some things U should just keep to yourself but no u think u are this all mighty shit when u are u are just some fucking nerd rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl.Bye Bye Now

GNR= Greatest Band of all time!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: