Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 04:29:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD w/ Label = Directly from Richard
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD w/ Label = Directly from Richard  (Read 152673 times)
Chief
Legend

« Reply #60 on: December 24, 2007, 05:01:44 PM »

well, i really hope this is the case, then at least that is one less thing to worry about. I wish them all the best and speed in getting the album out!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
AxlsSweetChild
Headliner

proof the band stands the test of time

« Reply #61 on: December 24, 2007, 05:05:55 PM »

i dont really see hwy richard would say the album is in teh labels hands if it really wasnt. he may not have been supposed to say it, but since he did theres got to be something

If you play My World backwards, Axl announces the release date for Chinese Democracy
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #62 on: December 24, 2007, 05:32:44 PM »

You heard right Greg.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: From NYC
Date: Sat, December 22, 2007 11:50 am
To: 4tus@richardfortusonline.com

Hey Rich....how are things going? Merry Christmas and Happy New....please
man, get this album out already! From what i hear, the label has the album
but arte holding up the release? Or has Axl not delivered it to them yet?

- Greg

So the has the label got the album or has Axl not delivered it?? Two questions there, and the same answer applies for both, no closer to knowing anything in my opinion? Angry

here's someone that actually got it right. there are 2 questions here and it is not clear at all which one he is answering. the label does not have the cd.

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
Regibold
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: December 24, 2007, 05:33:07 PM »

Well, I think Axl said it best during......

September 21st, 2006 - San Francisco, CA @ The Warfield

Notes: Axl stops the show during Sweet Child O' Mine due to some people causing problems. He tells them they're fucking up other peoples' show and asks them if their mommy bought them the tickets. He also says If you think you're a bigger asshole than me, you have alot to learn!" and "I don't wanna throw my money down the toilet.... I know Universal's hoping they didn't!".

ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #64 on: December 24, 2007, 05:37:04 PM »

Not to mention that making formal statements against the record label are not in the best interest of getting the album out either.

I'm sure the band is doing their best to get it sorted out.

Basically, it is all down to common sense, as said above. ?

gotta disagree, sorry. think the label cares about what a bunch of internet nerds are talking about regarding telling them how to run their own business? i think not.

DuffRock
Rocker

www.cafepress.com/patiencepays

« Reply #65 on: December 24, 2007, 06:12:01 PM »

You heard right Greg.

but are holding up the release? Or has Axl not delivered it to them yet?

- Greg

So the has the label got the album or has Axl not delivered it?  Two questions there, and the same answer applies for both, no closer to knowing anything in my opinion  Angry

here's someone that actually got it right. there are 2 questions here and it is not clear at all which one he is answering. the label does not have the cd.

bullcrap, you're misinterpreting what has been said! (see above)

he is clearly referencing the part where Greg said "From what i HEAR", not the part where he questions what he's been told.  Otherwise he wouldn't use "you HEARD right" would he?

ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #66 on: December 24, 2007, 06:22:44 PM »

You heard right Greg.

- Greg

So the has the label got the album or has Axl not delivered it?? Two questions there, and the same answer applies for both, no closer to knowing anything in my opinion? Angry

he is clearly referencing the part where Greg said "From what i HEAR", not the part where he questions what he's been told.? Otherwise he wouldn't use "you HEARD right" would he?

"from what i hear," pertains to both sentences. but, this isnt an english class. bottom line, the cd has not been handed in. you are free to believe this or not, that's all good. if you dont believe me, then try and ask someone else on this board that question and then see if you get a straight answer...you wont....

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #67 on: December 24, 2007, 06:25:59 PM »

You heard right Greg.

- Greg

So the has the label got the album or has Axl not delivered it?  Two questions there, and the same answer applies for both, no closer to knowing anything in my opinion  Angry

he is clearly referencing the part where Greg said "From what i HEAR", not the part where he questions what he's been told.  Otherwise he wouldn't use "you HEARD right" would he?

"from what i hear," pertains to both sentences. but, this isnt an english class. bottom line, the cd has not been handed in. you are free to believe this or not, that's all good. if you dont believe me, then try and ask someone else on this board that question and then see if you get a straight answer...you wont....

Stop acting like you know shit, because you don't. Richard was answering the first question asked. The record is turned in end of story. Stop trying to make trouble where there isn't any.
superloconoriega
Big gay Al
Headliner

« Reply #68 on: December 24, 2007, 06:53:50 PM »

pretty fucked up that you posted this here. From what you say it sounds like you've had a few emails with richard, and he's telling you this like a personal conversation, not for you to post it all over message board.
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #69 on: December 24, 2007, 07:41:34 PM »

pretty fucked up that you posted this here. From what you say it sounds like you've had a few emails with richard, and he's telling you this like a personal conversation, not for you to post it all over message board.

he should know that the magnitude of this album,
is greater then anything out their today,
and being in guns n roses, he should REALLY know this  aka, be drilled in his head repeatedly 20 times a day...

So mabye him saying this in an email,
its not like hes giving away anything,
because its in the record companys hands,
SO what?
does that mean we are closer to having the album in our hands?
No,
it just means that we are one step closer to chinese democracy,
but that one step closer might just be a few weeks/months/years closer for all we know,

Stop being so negative,
anything from the band in regards to the album is news, and should be taken postively , unless stated otherwise

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
SterileEyes
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: December 24, 2007, 07:55:41 PM »

The label isn't holding it up to hurt the band.

They've sunk upwards of $20 million into this thing and even if they were to pull Nickelback sales numbers (7 million, and they won't), they wouldn't come close to breaking even. Tour and greatest hits money or not, they won't break even.

Axl's legacy rides on this.

Records don't sell anymore.

They will fail no matter how much they promote it.

They're trying to figure out a sensible/new/clever way of releasing it. If it's ever going to come out, it sure won't just be another CD released on a Tuesday that's available for free streaming a week before or however they do it these days.

There is no album in history that has been this anticipated. Brian Wilson wasn't this notorious when he finally released "Smile", no artist of Axl's status has ever done something like this (as in, Robert Plant didn't come out as Led Zeppelin after 15 years, Aerosmith and Metallica never waited this long between albums, etc.) It is simply the most anticipated record in rock music history and there are a million ways to fuck it up and perhaps the only way to do it right hasn't been discovered or agreed upon yet.

I personally don't believe it will ever come out, but if it does, that's my prediction of what's going on here.

Merry Christmas everyone  peace

P.S. Thanks D...
« Last Edit: December 25, 2007, 01:18:29 AM by SterileEyes » Logged

Follow the link below to hear my cover of "Pretty Tied Up"

http://www.myspace.com/marlahooch1
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #71 on: December 24, 2007, 07:56:06 PM »

You heard right Greg.

- Greg

No it does not pertain to both sentences. He asks if what he has heard is right. That being that the record is in the company's hands. After the period there is a NEW question in which has nothing to do with what he has heard.

Now lets say you are correct. He wasn't clarifying which question he was talking about or he was talking about the second question.... That would mean Richard does not know English since the person who emailed him didn't talk about "hearing" about Axl not turning it in. It was just a question he asked in case his first question ended up being a NO.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 08:19:07 PM by HungerForChaos » Logged
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #72 on: December 24, 2007, 08:07:16 PM »

Not to mention that making formal statements against the record label are not in the best interest of getting the album out either.

I'm sure the band is doing their best to get it sorted out.

Basically, it is all down to common sense, as said above. ?

gotta disagree, sorry. think the label cares about what a bunch of internet nerds are talking about regarding telling them how to run their own business? i think not.

Excuse me, but can you read?HuhHuhHuhHuh?

I was talking about people that want Axl to make some type of formal statement regarding the status of the album. 

I'm quite sure that the record company could care less about our opinions but if Axl goes on record stating they are holding everything up then YES, I think they might care. 

Also, it is clear as day what Richard was answering in the e-mail. 

You need to seriously brush up on your comprehension skills.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #73 on: December 24, 2007, 08:09:26 PM »

I think we have known for a while that Geffen was in some trouble and were going through some shakeups. I remember hearing that a year and a half ago or so.

Thing is, with record labels, Each band has a certain A&R guy assigned to them to help out with everything if Im not mistaken. then u have a team who a long with the artist come up with a release plan "Video,marketing etc etc" and then things roll from there.

With Geffen in a transition stage and Chinese Democracy being its biggest release in quite some time. They are gonna make sure everything is situated and stable before trying to attack their biggest release.

So the album is finished. The record label is reforming and shuffling people around.
Once that is under control, Im sure they will start the CD ball rolling.

I think its a great sign that its the record label and not Axl holding it up.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #74 on: December 24, 2007, 08:10:57 PM »

The label isn't holding it up to hurt the band.

They've sunk upwards of $20 million into this thing and even if they were to pull Nickelback sales numbers (7 million, and they won't), they wouldn't come close to breaking even. Tour and greatest hits money or not, they won't break even.

Axl's legacy rides on this.

Records don't sell anymore.

They will fail no matter how much they promote it.

They're trying to figure out a sensible/new/clever way of releasing it. If it's ever going to come out, it sure won't just be another CD released on a Tuesday that's available for free streaming a week before or however they do it these days.

There is no album in history that has been this anticipated. Brian Jones wasn't this notorious when he finally released "Smile", no artist of Axl's status has ever done something like this (as in, Robert Plant didn't come out as Led Zeppelin after 15 years, Aerosmith and Metallica never waited this long between albums, etc.) It is simply the most anticipated record in rock music history and there are a million ways to fuck it up and perhaps the only way to do it right hasn't been discovered or agreed upon yet.

I personally don't believe it will ever come out, but if it does, that's my prediction of what's going on here.

Merry Christmas everyone? peace

I dont agree.

Record labels normally get upwards to 5 dollars per CD sold if not more.

So, If GNR sell 4 million albums worldwide, they break even.? GNR better sell 4 million worldwide, unless the album is a complete flop, it will move that worldwide even with Downloading.

U meant Brian Wilson, not Brian Jones.... hihi hihi

gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #75 on: December 24, 2007, 08:29:33 PM »

You heard right Greg.

but arte holding up the release? Or has Axl not delivered it to them yet?

- Greg

Mabye thats the question Richard Was answering...

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Negleyjj
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: December 24, 2007, 08:48:32 PM »

I think we should take alot more notice of Mysteron's more recent comments about changes to the record industry:

"The record industry in 5-10 years time is going to be very different

Those who adapt early and with good foresight will prosper. Those who wait will fade away

It'll be interesting to watch"

I take interest (unfortunately) in Mysteron's other statement that nothing is planned right now.

Marry the two together and I think we have our reason for the delay. I hate to say it, folks, but I think we may have a couple more years yet to wait.

Wouldn't his statement imply that they are going to take a good long-ish look, and make the right move soon. Not wait, and fade away?

In any event, I've learned over the last 5 years to not expect anything, but this is good news.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #77 on: December 24, 2007, 08:50:40 PM »

Sorry SterileEyes, I disagree. ?D is right. ?The record company will do very well. ?If the company's sunk $13 to $15 million...you have to remember, that's for 3 to 4 freaking albums. ?Hell, Greatest Hits has been an incredible moneymaker. ?The '06-'07 touring did very well without a new album and very little marketing. ?

btw, Bandita was right...it's clear as day Richard is referring to the album being in the label's hands. ?I won't go as far as saying this was a great Christmas present, but I'll term it a great stocking-stuffer!!! ? beer

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #78 on: December 24, 2007, 08:56:16 PM »

U have to remember, Greatest Hits is straight profit.

As it took nothing to make it.

So that has easily moved 8 million worldwide. Thats about 40 million for the record label which easily pays back the 15 million for CD

To break even CD just has to sell 3 million copies.

Negleyjj
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: December 24, 2007, 09:35:35 PM »

I think $5 per CD may be a little much, but yes, 3 (3+?) albums, and a few bucks from each, with international sales (think how many people saw them in 2006; think Michael Jackson)... there's no way it can really lose money. It might be a disappointment, but it won't really "flop."

Not to mention Greatest Hits and touring as D and others have said.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: