Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 04:20:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD w/ Label = Directly from Richard
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD w/ Label = Directly from Richard  (Read 152652 times)
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2007, 02:58:49 PM »

Not to mention that making formal statements against the record label are not in the best interest of getting the album out either.

I'm sure the band is doing their best to get it sorted out.

Basically, it is all down to common sense, as said above. 

i hope your right

i am not slating GNR or anything, i just wonder why people can have so much faith after all the promises, and everything thats gone on for the past 10 years or so, well 5 if they were serious

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2007, 03:03:35 PM »

Or it could be that she simply connected the link between those holding onto the past and the bitterness that some supporters of old members usually have. There is a correlation there. Maybe it was a little out of sorts, but I think we're all tired of the old band fanboys on this and other forums. There's opinion and then there is being a douchebag just to piss people off.

His comments were in contrast of what many feel is a strong argument for the album's release. The fact is, no one knows outside of the GN'R Camp what is going on and since most of these comments come from people in or close to the vicinity of the GN'R Family they are likely to be credible.

credible yes, but wernt axl's when he has said the album will be released in march 07 and it never showed?!

im not being a wanker or a jerk as you US people say, but i just can't see how you can have so much faither after all tyhese years of saying this album will be out, and it hasnt been

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2007, 03:07:32 PM »

Or it could be that she simply connected the link between those holding onto the past and the bitterness that some supporters of old members usually have. There is a correlation there. Maybe it was a little out of sorts, but I think we're all tired of the old band fanboys on this and other forums. There's opinion and then there is being a douchebag just to piss people off.

His comments were in contrast of what many feel is a strong argument for the album's release. The fact is, no one knows outside of the GN'R Camp what is going on and since most of these comments come from people in or close to the vicinity of the GN'R Family they are likely to be credible.

I'm a bit unsure of what you are trying to state here. ?I am an old school fan of 20 years now.

I could see if some random person was making statements but we have had 4 people directly involved with this band make virtually the same statement.

If he spent time in this section of the board he would be painfully aware of this as the rest of us are.

Do you think that if Axl made a public statement saying "My record company sucks and they are holding this up" that it's going to get CD in your hands any faster?HuhHuhHuh? ?My guess is that would not be helpful at all. ?

When it gets sorted out I am sure we will hear something.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2007, 03:11:58 PM »

I'm a bit unsure of what you are trying to state here.  I am an old school fan of 20 years now.

I could see if some random person was making statements but we have had 4 people directly involved with this band make virtually the same statement.

If he spent time in this section of the board he would be painfully aware of this as the rest of us are.

Do you think that if Axl made a public statement saying "My record company sucks and they are holding this up" that it's going to get CD in your hands any faster?HuhHuhHuh?  My guess is that would not be helpful at all. 

When it gets sorted out I am sure we will hear something.

he's talking about the old band fanboys (see typical poster at mygnr.com) who are still fuming over silly shit like Axl owning the GnR name all these years later and feel the need to tell us on a daily basis.
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2007, 03:14:11 PM »

I was saying that we have good sources for thinking that it's true: that the album is with the record company and they have been a part of the delays. I was also saying how some people who like Slash, Old Members and/or Velvet Revolver usually have a chip on their shoulder and are holding onto some grudge. Thus they are more pessimistic and less likely to be happy about good news/comments.

It wasn't about you. I was just saying I see where you are coming from. And yes, it's better to wait to hear something official from the band.

he's talking about the old band fanboys (see typical poster at mygnr.com) who are still fuming over silly shit like Axl owning the GnR name all these years later and feel the need to tell us on a daily basis.

Exactly.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2007, 03:21:55 PM »

I was saying that we have good sources for thinking that it's true: that the album is with the record company and they have been a part of the delays. I was also saying how some people who like Slash, Old Members and/or Velvet Revolver usually have a chip on their shoulder and are holding onto some grudge. Thus they are more pessimistic and less likely to be happy about good news/comments.

It wasn't about you. I was just saying I see where you are coming from. And yes, it's better to wait to hear something official from the band.

Exactly.

Thanks. Grin

I just don't see the point in being bitter or pessimistic anymore, especially after the past 2 years and all the shows GNR has completed. 

I mean, I think it sucks that the record company is standing in the way at the moment but I can understand why the band may not want to rock the boat by making public statements that confirm that. 

Oh, and Merry Christmas!
Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2007, 03:33:29 PM »

You heard right Greg.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: From NYC
Date: Sat, December 22, 2007 11:50 am
To: 4tus@richardfortusonline.com

Hey Rich....how are things going? Merry Christmas and Happy New....please
man, get this album out already! From what i hear, the label has the album
but arte holding up the release? Or has Axl not delivered it to them yet?

- Greg

Why are you all so sure that this message isn't fake?  Huh
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2007, 03:35:37 PM »

You heard right Greg.

- Greg

Why are you all so sure that this message isn't fake?  Huh

How else would you like for me to prove its real, take a picture on my INBOX from Microsoft Outlook??!?
GunnerRose
Headliner

You can make my money Tonight!

« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2007, 03:35:56 PM »

It could be a simple answer.....Axl gave them 12 songs and the majority of the album leaked years ago.
Maybe, the record company wants a different 12 songs?

LJ
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2007, 03:36:07 PM »

I was thinking that...but you've been here long enough, so I trust you.

EDIT: This is @ W AXL II

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2007, 03:37:24 PM »

What are the most logical reasons for the record company holding it up?

Given the decline in sales for the music industry in general, the outrageous cost to make the album, and Geffen's current financial situation the most likely reason is a cosmic divide between Axl and the label over the marketing and promo budget.

Mysteron's quote that it was in the label's hands suggests Axl probably told the label what they want, and the apparent lack of any release date in sight suggests that the label has a different idea about how much money is going to be budgeted for it and who is going to pay for it.

The sad fact is that label's are not making a whole lot from album sales or downloads right now, hence why alot of them are in financial jeopardy. We all know the issues surrounding the money spent to make this album, so it is not unrealistic to believe the label has not exactly offered to spend a boatload marketing this thing. We know they were financially cut off a while ago, so the delay is most likely a pissing contest over money.

From a business standpoint no amount of marketing budget will push sales past a certain point. It will sell a few million copies tops, as there seems to be a cap on rock sales recently no matter who the artist is. Hip-Hop sales and Daughtry are about the only two entities moving sales right now.

Cd has enough built in promo and curiosity that to spend alot of money on marketing/promo does not financially make sense if you know that no amount of money spent on it will provide the incremental increase in sales to make it worth throwing a ton of money at. Throw that fact in with the significant fixed cost that needs to be recouped by the label for the money spent to record it and they are probably being very very stingy right now financially.

On the other hand Axl probably has a significantly different idea about what should be done and spent to market/promote this album because he desperately needs it to be a success. He probably has the mentality that he would rather have it not come out than have it come out and bomb based on a lack of promo because he stands to lose more than anyone on either side of the equation were that to happen.

When you look at Mysteron's comment and Geffen's current financial status money is the most likely candidate for the cause of delay. Everyone has always just assumed the label was just going to throw a ton of money at a huge promotional campaign, but in the current environment the industry is in it just doesn't make sense. When you have two sides with the same goal but 2 entirely different means of getting there it causes the gridlock we are seeing towards the album.

said perfectly.  it need a lot of money to be promoted to be able to live up to the success axl wants.  on another note, one of the best ways to promote is on TV.  but what station would play GNR nowadays?   up here in Canada i certainly dont see muchmusic playing it, and i think its too heavy for muchmoremusic (atleast some songs anyway).  and with all the shit on these music channels these days, im probably thinking that the record companies have to pay the music channel a lot for it.  if you look at muchmusics top 30 countdown you will see the worst music in history, theres no way they just decide to pick that music.
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2007, 03:42:19 PM »

What are the most logical reasons for the record company holding it up?

Given the decline in sales for the music industry in general, the outrageous cost to make the album, and Geffen's current financial situation the most likely reason is a cosmic divide between Axl and the label over the marketing and promo budget.

Mysteron's quote that it was in the label's hands suggests Axl probably told the label what they want, and the apparent lack of any release date in sight suggests that the label has a different idea about how much money is going to be budgeted for it and who is going to pay for it.

The sad fact is that label's are not making a whole lot from album sales or downloads right now, hence why alot of them are in financial jeopardy. We all know the issues surrounding the money spent to make this album, so it is not unrealistic to believe the label has not exactly offered to spend a boatload marketing this thing. We know they were financially cut off a while ago, so the delay is most likely a pissing contest over money.

From a business standpoint no amount of marketing budget will push sales past a certain point. It will sell a few million copies tops, as there seems to be a cap on rock sales recently no matter who the artist is. Hip-Hop sales and Daughtry are about the only two entities moving sales right now.

Cd has enough built in promo and curiosity that to spend alot of money on marketing/promo does not financially make sense if you know that no amount of money spent on it will provide the incremental increase in sales to make it worth throwing a ton of money at. Throw that fact in with the significant fixed cost that needs to be recouped by the label for the money spent to record it and they are probably being very very stingy right now financially.

On the other hand Axl probably has a significantly different idea about what should be done and spent to market/promote this album because he desperately needs it to be a success. He probably has the mentality that he would rather have it not come out than have it come out and bomb based on a lack of promo because he stands to lose more than anyone on either side of the equation were that to happen.

When you look at Mysteron's comment and Geffen's current financial status money is the most likely candidate for the cause of delay. Everyone has always just assumed the label was just going to throw a ton of money at a huge promotional campaign, but in the current environment the industry is in it just doesn't make sense. When you have two sides with the same goal but 2 entirely different means of getting there it causes the gridlock we are seeing towards the album.

said perfectly.  it need a lot of money to be promoted to be able to live up to the success axl wants.  on another note, one of the best ways to promote is on TV.  but what station would play GNR nowadays?   up here in Canada i certainly dont see muchmusic playing it, and i think its too heavy for muchmoremusic (atleast some songs anyway).  and with all the shit on these music channels these days, im probably thinking that the record companies have to pay the music channel a lot for it.  if you look at muchmusics top 30 countdown you will see the worst music in history, theres no way they just decide to pick that music.

kerrang  rofl

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2007, 03:43:41 PM »

You heard right Greg.

- Greg

Why are you all so sure that this message isn't fake?? Huh

Because the guy has been a consistent poster for years.
Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2007, 03:46:36 PM »

You heard right Greg.

- Greg

Why are you all so sure that this message isn't fake?? Huh

How else would you like for me to prove its real, take a picture on my INBOX from Microsoft Outlook??!?

No, that was just a thought.

I hope it's real because it's really good news. ?smoking
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2007, 03:48:34 PM »

Look why b*tch about this, We all know for sure now the record has been handed in like 2 months ago,  Ron has said this, Baz has said this,  hack Rich said this,  and by Feb we knew the record was done, and was being mixted, so of course it's handed in, you need no proof for that.

THey also said that No news had to be considered as Good news.

Everytime they talked about the album it caused delays,
Remember when axl said, We're not allowed to talk about this but this song is called better and is of our new album Chinese Democracy.

Even Axl couldn't talk by that time he said it.
It's a contract everyone is envolved in, from the band to crew and management.

They want to keep it as hidden as posible and as quiet as posible.

I'm betting they are taking 2 weeks of now, and after that they will work on how to bring CD to the audience(and don't give me) just put it out crap like always.

It needs heavy promotion.
But due to the stuff going on at Geffen don't count on it in the next 8 to 16 weeks,
Geffen could Ask Axl for money to finance his own promotion but Axl says no... wo knows(I'm just guessing here)

But, it's clear it's handed in.
Bbf gave us his stuff cause he knows we won't be getting something else untill like late januari or begin Feb. HE knows that, so he gave a little present to wine about.

and rich,  Lay of him,  He just tells what he feels it's right to tell us, he won't be giving direct info, he just gave something we already knew so wasn't dangerous for his in any ways.

I wish the band, the crew, the management,  everyone involved in project Chinese democracy and the label, A great season ending and some great holidays, and a happy very big happy new year and hope that everything comes around good.

I wanna thank the band for the songs we have heard of CD if it was them or not who leaked em, and the band for touring again and showing How much they became a big band again!.

Happy holidays Guys!

Janus
gav
« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2007, 03:48:51 PM »

I think we should take alot more notice of Mysteron's more recent comments about changes to the record industry:

"The record industry in 5-10 years time is going to be very different

Those who adapt early and with good foresight will prosper. Those who wait will fade away

It'll be interesting to watch"

I take interest (unfortunately) in Mysteron's other statement that nothing is planned right now.

Marry the two together and I think we have our reason for the delay. I hate to say it, folks, but I think we may have a couple more years yet to wait.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2007, 03:51:09 PM »

Well, this topic hasn't been killed yet, so I hold out hope that this is an early Christmas present, at the very least. 

Montrealrocks
Rocker

Get on board...or fuck off!

« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2007, 04:03:39 PM »

I don't doubt the fact that this email is true, but there's another thing I am sure of, is that Richard won't be happy to see that a personal email is on this board....

@gnrworld on twitter

Montreal 17/05/88
Montreal 08/08/1992
New York 14/05/2006
Ottawa 17/11/2006
Quebec 18/11/2006
Montreal 27/01/2010
Quebec 01/02/2010
Quebec 12/07/2013
Montreal 14/07/2
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2007, 04:50:41 PM »

nextwe'll get a message from Richard saying he never said this, just like bumblefoot did  hihi
Montrealrocks
Rocker

Get on board...or fuck off!

« Reply #59 on: December 24, 2007, 04:53:50 PM »

in what circumstances did Ron said he never said what?

@gnrworld on twitter

Montreal 17/05/88
Montreal 08/08/1992
New York 14/05/2006
Ottawa 17/11/2006
Quebec 18/11/2006
Montreal 27/01/2010
Quebec 01/02/2010
Quebec 12/07/2013
Montreal 14/07/2
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »