Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:33:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD w/ Label = Directly from Richard
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD w/ Label = Directly from Richard  (Read 152242 times)
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #400 on: December 29, 2007, 04:33:57 PM »

Love him or hate him, he is a Rockstar that hasnt sold out to his fans by giving them anything less than his best.

This is what some people don't seem to get. Who wants an album that isn't the best they (he) can do?

How would you know??? You have to take that at face value, perfection doesn't exist, anybody seeking it will be disappointed or very late in delivering it - and the moment will have passed....

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #401 on: December 29, 2007, 04:37:03 PM »

one's best doesn't mean the perfection that doesn't exist.
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #402 on: December 29, 2007, 04:40:41 PM »

This thread is an absolute shitstorm, you'd think people would be happy at least for a little while reading this.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #403 on: December 29, 2007, 04:45:56 PM »

Love him or hate him, he is a Rockstar that hasnt sold out to his fans by giving them anything less than his best.

This is what some people don't seem to get. Who wants an album that isn't the best they (he) can do?

How would you know??? You have to take that at face value, perfection doesn't exist, anybody seeking it will be disappointed or very late in delivering it - and the moment will have passed....

You're right, perfection doesn't exist. But you can strive for it. Artists are rarely completely happy with their work. But sometimes they reach a point when they are at least momentarily happy and confident that they have succeeded in making a great album, and that's perfection to them. That's when they have done their best, and that's when they want to give their work to the public. I hope Axl has reached that point now. yes

What I'm saying is that it's not too late yet...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #404 on: December 29, 2007, 04:52:50 PM »

UYI took over a year just to mix.

It took a year from the day in June 1991 when the recording was finished until September 1991 when it was released?

And by the way Jarmo, yeah, there's a lot of trolls (maybe I'm one of them), but it doesn't always mean our lives must suck if we criticize the band or Axl or maybe think we've been lied to a bit as fans on occasion.

Well, it's my opinion that there seems to be a void when you do the same routine year after year "I've been lied to, there's no album".

It is logical and reasonable that he believes that axl is still tinkering with the album. let's say i agree with you that he planned on letting it go on march 6th if everything had gone to plan. Fine. So, that would mean that the album was finshed and ready to go. you dont say something like before the end of 2006  if the album is not finshed. then all of a sudden, we get word that they had to cancel the shows in the beginning of 2007 so ron and frank could go into the studio....to do what? yup, record....so it is completely reasonable based upon what has already happened that axl is still tinkering....

/ibelieveinaxl

Ah, the old "I'm gonna disregard information in order to prove my point".

This is what was basically said: The recording will be finished and certain things need to be dealt with (contractual stuff), then it'll be out in March.

Now, in order to finish recording and to get it out in March, it wasn't possible to be on tour at the same time. You know how difficult it is to be in two places at once right? Wink

If you read Del's update, it even mentions that there were delays in that whole process and that's why March didn't happen.

Now you're saying, if they knew March wasn't gonna happen, they should've played the shows. Well, they didn't know that back in December did they?

It's not like they're all a bunch of fortune telling gypsies with crystal balls...

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 06:21:57 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sandman
Legend

« Reply #405 on: December 29, 2007, 05:23:03 PM »

the album is in the record label's hands.

so isn't it safe to assume that any future delays have NOTHING to do with axl???

isn't it also safe to assume that there are NO contract or other negotiations to be finalized?

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #406 on: December 29, 2007, 05:34:19 PM »

the album is in the record label's hands.

so isn't it safe to assume that any future delays have NOTHING to do with axl???

isn't it also safe to assume that there are NO contract or other negotiations to be finalized?

LOL   Are you serious with this?
Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #407 on: December 29, 2007, 05:38:16 PM »

They're probably just starting the negotiations!
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #408 on: December 29, 2007, 05:38:34 PM »

It took a year from the day in June 1991 when the recording was finished until September 1991 when it was released?

And by the way Jarmo, yeah, there's a lot of trolls (maybe I'm one of them), but it doesn't always mean our lives must suck if we criticize the band or Axl or maybe think we've been lied to a bit as fans on occasion.

Well, it's my opinion that there seems to be a void when you do the same routine year after year "I've been lied to, there's no album".

It is logical and reasonable that he believes that axl is still tinkering with the album. let's say i agree with you that he planned on letting it go on march 6th if everything had gone to plan. Fine. So, that would mean that the album was finshed and ready to go. you dont say something like before the end of 2006? if the album is not finshed. then all of a sudden, we get word that they had to cancel the shows in the beginning of 2007 so ron and frank could go into the studio....to do what? yup, record....so it is completely reasonable based upon what has already happened that axl is still tinkering....

/ibelieveinaxl

This is what was actually basically said: The recording will be finished and certain things need to be dealt with (contractual stuff), then it'll be out in March.

Now, in order to finish recording and to get it out in March, it wasn't possible to be on tour at the same time. You know how difficult it is to be in two places at once right? Wink

If you read Del's update, it even mentions that there were delays in that whole process and that's why March didn't happen.

Now you're saying, if they knew March wasn't gonna happen, they should've played the shows. Well, they didn't know that back in December did they?

It's not like they're all a bunch of fortune telling gypsies with crystal balls...

/jarmo

there you go again, jarmo. on your high horse if someone disagrees with your opinion. what you said makes zero sense in gnr world. so they record in january and its out in march 2006? no, not in any recording world, especially not gnr recording world. so they needed to cancel those shows because they needed an extra 4 days to record? oh please, even you can't believe that (oh, wait, yes you can). oh, and check your gnr history about "Illusions," Those albums took over a year to master and the cds were in the "can" by June 1991. That is, they were all done and packaged up and the orignal release was scheduled for mid-july 1991..remember that? i guess not. so you have no clue what you are talking about when you said the albums were done by then and not mixed and mastered until after june 1991.....its the same thing everyday here. you try to discredit and bring people down just because they disagree with your opinion or interpret facts differently than you. thats pretty petty and immature. so what do you do? you just get rid of them.....and of course, you will repond with some off-handed smear remark...well, if you enjoy it, go right ahead....

/ibelieveinaxl///////
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 06:12:51 PM by ibelieveinaxl » Logged

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #409 on: December 29, 2007, 05:48:57 PM »

EDIT: And for the record, back to the original focus of this thread, Fortus has not emailed me back once I apologized for releasing his email to me.
Just be grateful that Richard hasn't been reading this thread cause he'd probably come after you and your computer with a baseball bat.? hihi

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #410 on: December 29, 2007, 06:08:42 PM »

It is logical and reasonable that he believes that axl is still tinkering with the album. let's say i agree with you that he planned on letting it go on march 6th if everything had gone to plan. Fine. So, that would mean that the album was finshed and ready to go. you dont say something like before the end of 2006? if the album is not finshed. then all of a sudden, we get word that they had to cancel the shows in the beginning of 2007 so ron and frank could go into the studio....to do what? yup, record....so it is completely reasonable based upon what has already happened that axl is still tinkering....

/ibelieveinaxl

This is what was actually basically said: The recording will be finished and certain things need to be dealt with (contractual stuff), then it'll be out in March.

/jarmo

do you mean "actually" or "basically" Well, here's the actual quote from the letter...

"Because of the scheduling of these particular shows, valuable time needed by the band and record company for the proper setup and release of the album ?Chinese Democracy? would have been lost. Rather than delay the album yet again, all involved have decided to remove these shows from GN?R?s schedule. We hope our fans understand and we apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused. Tickets may be refunded at point of purchase."

He didnt even mention that the band needed the time to record more, so dont try to mention something that was not said.  he said they needed the time "for a proper setup and release of the album" get your facts straight, please....

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #411 on: December 29, 2007, 06:15:31 PM »

there you go again, jarmo. on your high horse if someone disagrees with your opinion.

No, just trying to explain why I think you're wrong.

what you said makes zero sense in gnr world.

And I'm the one on the high horse....

so they record in january and its out in march 2006? no, not in any recording world, especially not gnr recording world. so they needed to cancel those shows because they needed an extra 4 days to record? oh please, even you can't believe that (oh, wait, yes you can).

What do you know about the recording world? Just wondering.

Let me clarify something, the shows were canceled in order to get the album out in March.

As far as I can tell, it meant that it was other stuff in addition to the recording that needed to be taken care of in January.

See: Because of the scheduling of these particular shows, valuable time needed by the band and record company for the proper setup and release of the album ?Chinese Democracy? would have been lost.

You know, I'm gonna make an educated guess here... I don't think you can have a "proper setup and release" if the album isn't completely recorded...

It goes hand in hand. Once again, that's just logic to me. But what do I know?

I guess you'll just say that that was another insult.

oh, and check your gnr history about "Illusions," Those albums took over a year to master and the cds were in the "can" by June 1991. remember that? i guess not. so you have no clue what you are talking about when you said the albums were done by then and not mixed and mastered until after june 1991.....

They were in Toronto in June 1991 recording.

As you remember the chant for Get In The Ring was also recorded in June 1991. You were there so you must remember it.

So obviously it wasn't 100% done in June. It's likely that most of the album was done. Which sounds familiar..... Disagree?

I don't know how the process works. I only assume that since they still RECORDED things for it in June 1991, it wasn't 100% mixed and mastered in until maybe late June 1991.

That's just logic according to me.

You might also wanna explain this:

July 29th, 1991 - During the show at the Great Western Forum in Inglewood, CA, Axl mentions how Slash and himself finished the record yesterday. "The motherfucker is done".

I guess it was done in June because you know it, Axl doesn't..... Or?

its the same thing everyday here. you try to discredit and bring people down just because they disagree with your opinion or interpret facts differently than you.

Yes, I have issues with people who are shown facts that prove they're wrong so they try to insult me.

I mean, saying things like "it was done" and using quotes that say "nearly", "almost" and "90% done" to prove it was finished just makes no sense to me.

At the same time, saying shit like "it was done in June" when Axl says he finished a record in July makes no sense to me either.

I just believe that Axl has a far better idea of when his albums are done than any of us.

that pretty pretty and immature. so what do you do? you just get rid of them.....and of course, you will repond with some off-handed smear remark...well, if you enjoy it, go right ahead....

You amuse me. You're telling me about being immature.  hihi

/ibelieveinaxl///////

Talking of immature....

Edit: Typo....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 06:19:06 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #412 on: December 29, 2007, 06:21:54 PM »

Let me clarify something, the shows were canceled in order to get the album out in March.

As far as I can tell, it meant that it was other stuff in addition to the recording that needed to be taken care of in January.

See: Because of the scheduling of these particular shows, valuable time needed by the band and record company for the proper setup and release of the album ?Chinese Democracy? would have been lost.

You know, I'm gonna make an educated guess here... I don't think you can have a "proper setup and release" if the album isn't completely recorded...

It goes hand in hand. Once again, that's just logic to me. But what do I know?

I guess you'll just say that that was another insult.

Jarmo-just admit for once you are wrong. A "proper set up and release" has nothing to do with recording, man. recording is exactly that, recording. that took a while. when that's done, you have the pr, ads, etc...thats the set up and proper release part...you're really stretching your aguments so thin that the more you say, the less credibility you will have...

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #413 on: December 29, 2007, 06:25:03 PM »

Jarmo-just admit for once you are wrong. A "proper set up and release" has nothing to do with recording, man. recording is exactly that, recording. that took a while. when that's done, you have the pr, ads, etc...thats the set up and proper release part...you're really stretching your aguments so thin that the more you say, the less credibility you will have...

Oh right. So instead of answering my question, I should just admit that I'm wrong.  hihi

Can you or can you not release an album and properly promote it if recording for that said album isn't completed?

A simple Yes or No will do.

Thanks! Smiley

By the way, nice of you to ignore the whole UYI part of my post. Smiley

/jarmo

Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #414 on: December 29, 2007, 06:25:37 PM »

? ?CD w/ Label = Directly from Richard
? on: December 24, 2007, 10:49:40 AM ? ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Richs reply.. ? ? ? ? ? ? You heard right Greg.

Hey Rich....how are things going? Merry Christmas and Happy New....please
man, get this album out already! From what i hear, the label has the album
but arte holding up the release? Or has Axl not delivered it to them yet?

- Greg

I dont really see how or why everyones getting there hopes up bye this!!!!!
The label could he holding things up like agreeing to contracts befor Axl hands the CD over...
I cant wait for the album as much as anyone but untill i read an official statement saying the label had the CD
then i wont read too much into things.. peace

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
sandman
Legend

« Reply #415 on: December 29, 2007, 06:58:57 PM »

i haven't been following things and i'm no expert on the process of releasing an album, but...

would Axl turn the album over BEFORE contract negotiations are complete?

i've been assuming NO. but let me know if that assumption is incorrect.

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #416 on: December 29, 2007, 07:05:53 PM »

i haven't been following things and i'm no expert on the process of releasing an album, but...

I'm not sure what it means "handed in" exactly.

Does it mean they have all the music-content in their hands now-
- or does it just means the band has informed the company they are entierly done with the music on their part?

In either way, it confirms the band are done with it which we heard from Mysteron and Bach already peace
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 07:07:59 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
sandman
Legend

« Reply #417 on: December 29, 2007, 09:02:12 PM »

I'm not sure what it means "handed in" exactly.

Does it mean they have all the music-content in their hands now-
- or does it just means the band has informed the company they are entierly done with the music on their part?

In either way, it confirms the band are done with it which we heard from Mysteron and Bach already peace

what we heard from Bach was that it was done. and mysteron's comment could have been (and was) interpreted many different ways.

but i thought based on Richard's e-mail that we could now assume that the record label has the album.

is that NOT the general assumption at this point?

i would read through the thread but there's only so much of the 2nd grade arguments i can take.

SterileEyes
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #418 on: December 29, 2007, 09:38:29 PM »

When Axl said "the motherfucker is done", that was the day it was mastered. They had a mix in early '91 that they scrapped and did over again, so yeah, they spent at least 8 months mixing if not a year. I get this from Slash's book, various interviews in guitar magazines from that era, etc.

Actually I have a certificate in recording engineering and I worked at Clear Lake Audio in Burbank for two years. I know this wasn't directed at me, but "finishing recording" does not mean a record is done. Hardly. Mixing/post-production and mastering can take longer than recording itself, especially with someone like Axl. By all accounts he spent more time tinkering in post-production on UYI than they spent recording, Slash claims the instrumental tracks were recorded in a three month period.

I'm not complaining, the stuff Axl put on top of the UYIs was genius, and I'm sure the end result will be worth the wait if we ever get it...but saying 'all recording is finished' hardly means the album is done. Saying "it's done" means its done, like they said in July '91, which is why I find Richard's e-mail to be significant if it's the real deal.

Follow the link below to hear my cover of "Pretty Tied Up"

http://www.myspace.com/marlahooch1
user FKA webmoster
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #419 on: December 29, 2007, 11:34:04 PM »

there you go again, jarmo. on your high horse if someone disagrees with your opinion.

No, just trying to explain why I think you're wrong.

jarmo, thats retarded. you just proved his point. 'why i think' implies opinion.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: