Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 10:37:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Comments On Book Signing Tour
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Comments On Book Signing Tour  (Read 96934 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #400 on: January 17, 2008, 12:27:15 PM »

Maybe if GTA was as popular as GH, Axl would be that guy in the video game too??

lame.  come on dude, you can do better then that.     is it possible for your kind to defend Slash without bringing Axl into it?  I don't think so.

But since you want to go that route, its apples and oranges.   Axl did not appear on that video game as himself.    He was a DJ, one of many and I dont even remember the name he was using.   Slash whores HIMSELF to anything and anything he can to make a buck.

and a couple years ago GTA was as popular as GH is now.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #401 on: January 17, 2008, 12:41:42 PM »

is it possible for your kind to defend Slash without bringing Axl into it?  I don't think so.
my kind? I didnt know Gnr fans were a "kind". Enlighten me about this breed of people.

As for bringing Axl into it..um when people make statements about Slash....or when people make statements about Axl, they have a tendancy to be implying/comparing the other. Whether written or not.

Slash whores HIMSELF to anything and anything he can to make a buck.
I think GH went to him. If you think hes selling out because he was asked to be the figurehead for a popular music game then I feel bad for you. Its people of your kind who we can blame for rocks decline because you act as if its a sin for a great guitar player to promote something. Thats why rap is where its at and rock is where its at.

Its funny how I hear "your kind" say o if Slash wants to jam with snoop dog, etc thats his choice, its sad but his choice, etc ...yet when Buckethead was with GNR no one called him out for making a zillion appearances with people and no one said that Axl contradicted himself when he made that snoop dog statement in Albany.

GTA compared to GH is a stretch but its the same thing in principle. Axl chose to be in a video game jsut like Slash. Isnt Paradise City in a new game as well? I hear the commercials all the time.

And what about the Better Ad? Harley Davidson?

Stop being a tool.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #402 on: January 17, 2008, 12:48:44 PM »

And what about the Better Ad? Harley Davidson?

Stop being a tool.

i'm not going to even bother with you anymore until you can cut the insults and keep the discussion on topic.   that shit has nothing to do with this.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #403 on: January 17, 2008, 12:50:11 PM »

ok im sorry for that horrific insult. now respond ...or maybe you cant?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #404 on: January 17, 2008, 12:53:36 PM »

the topic has nothing to do with Axl or Buckethead.  When you can have the discussion without bringing up totally irrelevant shit we can talk.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #405 on: January 17, 2008, 12:57:47 PM »

the topic has nothing to do with Axl or Buckethead.  When you can have the discussion without bringing up totally irrelevant shit we can talk
nice cop out.

Its totally relevant because you decided it was a genious idea to throw in terms like "your kind". Your implying that there is some sort of agenda involved. Im telling you that there isnt. Im telling you that "the other kind" has contradictions too. So in order to back that statement up I use Axl and Buckethead. Makes sense to me.

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #406 on: January 17, 2008, 12:59:38 PM »

the topic has nothing to do with Axl or Buckethead.  When you can have the discussion without bringing up totally irrelevant shit we can talk.

Face it, everybody brings up irrelevant shit, here.   
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #407 on: January 17, 2008, 01:03:27 PM »

the topic has nothing to do with Axl..

It is a GNR board you know.

Works both ways...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #408 on: January 17, 2008, 01:08:34 PM »

but the topic isn't about Axl.  This discussion isn't about what Axl does.   I'm in no way shape or form comparing Slash to Axl or anyone else in GnR.   Defend the guy on his merits, not by taking a shot at someone else.  Defend him without even bringing those other people into the discussion, and you have yourself a good argument.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #409 on: January 17, 2008, 01:10:51 PM »

but the topic isn't about Axl.  This discussion isn't about what Axl does.   I'm in no way shape or form comparing Slash to Axl or anyone else in GnR.   Defend the guy on his merits, not by taking a shot at someone else.  Defend him without even bringing those other people into the discussion, and yourself an argument.

In order to prove a point, examples are needed. Axl and Buckethead are perfect examples to my argument because they both play music. We dont want someone using the good ole apples and oranges line now do we? no

Im enjoying your cop out technique though. Nice work.

Plus if I started a thread in the GNr section about a topic similar to this it would be deleted.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 01:13:01 PM by younggunner » Logged

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #410 on: January 17, 2008, 01:12:55 PM »

Maybe if GTA was as popular as GH, Axl would be that guy in the video game too??

I will explain the difference to you since you obviously fail to see it.

Axl: Voice for a character not named Axl in a video game and Axl did no promotion for it.

Slash: Character modeled after Slash, with top hat and everything in game, picture on the game's cover art, done promotion for it.

Most people wouldn't even know Axl is in that game unless they're told in advance.

Can you see the difference?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 01:15:43 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #411 on: January 17, 2008, 01:14:17 PM »

Even if he really is doing all that to make extra money, so what?    Is that wrong for a person to do that? 

It's his decision.

Many artists do the same thing. Gene Simmons is probably more known as that guy from TV than a bass player.

Bret Michaels, Tommy Lee, Ozzy Osbourne etc are all musicians who seem to be more known for other things than the music.

Is Slash going to be "that guy in the video game"? I don't know... The popularity of it might suggest that he could.

How does Guitar Hero III have one thing to do with Axl Rose?  Other than guitar riffs Slash came up with on GNR songs, what else does it have to do with GNR?  Zero.  Just like Axl on Angel Down had nothing to do with GNR.

Please Advise,

Smoking Guns

I think you could say Slash became wold famous in GN'R with Axl. Then he went away and not many paid attention to him until he started VR and he became Slash (formerly of GN'R) with the world.

Then GN'R came back too and almost every time Slash's name was mentioned, GN'R and/or Axl was mentioned.

And everybody who interviews Slash seems to want to talk about Axl.

/jarmo

That's right.  It's his decision.  Those other guys mentioned all do reality shows.  I think Slash has been offered to do reality shows, similar to those, and has turned them down.  

Good point, made at the end, about everybody who interviews Slash seems to want to talk about Axl & GnR.  Seems like one can't be brought up without the other being mentioned.   I've tried to say that, here, before, as have others, and got pretty much shot down, because some people want to continue to think that Slash just makes a living whoring himself and that he can't stop talking about GnR.    

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #412 on: January 17, 2008, 01:14:53 PM »

I will explain the difference to you since you obviously fail to see it.
I already said it was a stretch....but in principle its the same thing. They both chose to be in a video game{nothing wrong with that imo).

Did Slash get paid for his appearance? Yes....Did Axl get paid? Yes

And while we are on the topic...."you people" keep saying Slash whores himself out using the gnr name.....

What about our beloved Axl? Could it be possible that he has toured simply to raise more money for CD and the band? Shocked Huh

« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 01:17:19 PM by younggunner » Logged

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #413 on: January 17, 2008, 01:19:12 PM »

And while we are on the topic...."you people" keep saying Slash whores himself out using the gnr name.....

What about our beloved Axl? Could it be possible that he has toured simply to raise more money for CD and the band? Shocked Huh

you will never learn.. its pointless.  no
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #414 on: January 17, 2008, 01:23:03 PM »

you will never learn.. its pointless.
nor will you no ok

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #415 on: January 17, 2008, 01:30:00 PM »

you will never learn.. its pointless.
nor will you no ok

make a thread about Axl in the right place and I'll show you how you can defend someone without bashing someone else.

even if what you are saying is correct (which I don't believe it is), 2 wrongs don't make a right.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #416 on: January 17, 2008, 01:31:41 PM »

why make a new thread. just talk about it here.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #417 on: January 17, 2008, 01:33:36 PM »

because the topic is about Slash!  This is the VR section.   Has shit to do with Axl.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #418 on: January 17, 2008, 01:36:46 PM »

I already said it was a stretch....but in principle its the same thing. They both chose to be in a video game{nothing wrong with that imo).

By that logic, Dizzy is most known for his hot sauce.

Did Slash get paid for his appearance? Yes....Did Axl get paid? Yes

You don't see the difference between using your old band's name to further your own current career and playing shows with your current band in order to keep that band moving forward?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #419 on: January 17, 2008, 01:43:44 PM »

Slash will always be known as a GNR guitarist. That is how he became famous and he was a huge part on how GNR got famous.

He is entitled to use that fame anyway he wants. He has earned that. You or I may not agree with how or what he does all the time but he most certainly is entitled to do that.

What Slash does isnt as bad as you all make it out to be. Hes obnoxious at times but its not like hes on some VH1 reality show.

There is a difference between the two but it still comes down to using something of the old to make money. So by your definiton and examples in this discussion it could be classified as selling out.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: