Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 10:25:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Comments On Book Signing Tour
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Comments On Book Signing Tour  (Read 96925 times)
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #380 on: January 16, 2008, 04:34:06 AM »

I didn't get the joke either, if that helps-I wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole hihi

An example of the duplicitous nature of your posts; you contradict yourself in the same sentence.

You have to read "In Between selected Lines" to see unobscured truth hidden away under a pretense-

Here is a "strawman". Are you taking freshman english?

I could go through evryone of your posts, and probably find similar flaws, but I will stop ... that is the first one I came across after going back.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 04:36:37 AM by fuckin crazy » Logged

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #381 on: January 16, 2008, 04:46:54 AM »

OH why I didn't know you cared...I am honored.......

I need information about your opinions because you are in my next book..it is called how to be a faggoty jerkoff and get the hell beaten out of them at the next concert.......you have a LOT to learn, and your tactics don't bother me....

my goodness a negative one.......and this is the height of your life....you are a admin living parasitically off other people's glory!

take that one to the bank-

From sublime to pitiful. Really? I had such high hopes.hihi

Back to 18

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #382 on: January 16, 2008, 09:55:44 AM »

@ fuckin crazy:  Why are you arguing with someone who was banned three days ago?  confused

On topic:  Does anyone know if the book signing tour is over?
(I don't really need an answer cause I don't really care.  I just wanted to add something "on topic")  Tongue
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 09:57:22 AM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #383 on: January 16, 2008, 12:56:14 PM »

@ fuckin crazy:  Why are you arguing with someone who was banned three days ago?  confused

(I don't really need an answer cause I don't really care.  I just wanted to add something "on topic")  Tongue

lol that was just like asking "How?s the weather?"...

to answer the question you don?t care about... I?d say yes. He sure just did some dates... can?t picture him going state to state promoting his book like some presidential candidate  hihi

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #384 on: January 16, 2008, 07:43:24 PM »

Oh, don't worry, he will be back...with another account..   crying..so fuckin crazy's comments may be addressed....

Yeah, Slash is continuing to promote his book any chance he gets. He will milk the crap out of it......
70,000 books sold in the US alone by Christmas (price about double or even triple that of a CD).....not bad....but apparently he wants more cuz the paychecks from VR are geting smaller and smaller....

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #385 on: January 16, 2008, 08:59:10 PM »

VR aren't playing arenas in Europe on that upcoming tour.

Their record isn't selling.... The amounts they expected I mean.

What's really surprising is that the album hasn't been re-released yet. With a bonus disc.....

I guess it's nice to be a brand that people recognize so you can appear in video games and write "biographies"...

Seeing him on stage with Bill Gates. I think it's safe to say that none of us were thinking that would happen in the 90s.

Ironically enough, Turbonegro's "Sell Your Body (To The Night)" is playing as I type this.  hihi

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 09:00:44 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #386 on: January 17, 2008, 12:00:19 AM »

I think you two are just being mean-spirited, now, and there's no reason for that, is there?  Even if he really is doing all that to make extra money, so what?    Is that wrong for a person to do that? 
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #387 on: January 17, 2008, 12:44:11 AM »

Lynn, he could just not do anything the past 10 years or maybe appear on a washed up 80's star album that even he couldn't save.  Slash is a brand because he is consistant and still has that classic look.  Some people feel the need to "reinvent" themselves.  How can u recreate Slash?  Its fucking Slash.  Love it or hate it, its Slash.
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #388 on: January 17, 2008, 12:51:35 AM »

I think you two are just being mean-spirited, now, and there's no reason for that, is there?  Even if he really is doing all that to make extra money, so what?    Is that wrong for a person to do that? 

There is Lynn.....sadly, there is. Slash is selling out the GN'R name.....the name he willingly gave up on 12 years ago. Aside from that he paints this bad image of Axl in order to appeal to the media and their expectations and to take a shot at the current GN'R. This guy has no conscience or sense of responsibility. He likes playing the victim or the innocent nice guy, and will never admit any damage he has done.

Smoking Guns, your post is so naive and immature - it merits absolutely no comment at all.  Sad

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #389 on: January 17, 2008, 12:55:50 AM »

Lynn, he could just not do anything the past 10 years or maybe appear on a washed up 80's star album that even he couldn't save.  Slash is a brand because he is consistant and still has that classic look.  Some people feel the need to "reinvent" themselves.  How can u recreate Slash?  Its fucking Slash.  Love it or hate it, its Slash.
I agree with that.  I don't see him as selling himself as a "brand".  No matter what anyone may think or say, here, and even if you think he's "selling out" or whatever.....I've always looked at Slash as being kind of a rock n' roll icon, for good or for bad.  Like him or not, he's kind of "legend", with the top hat, sunglasses, & cig.  Very recognizable.   So, he supposedly uses that image to sell things & market himself & make a buck, and other corps use him for the same.  Could be.  If it is, so be it.......
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #390 on: January 17, 2008, 01:12:44 AM »

There is Lynn.....sadly, there is. Slash is selling out the GN'R name.....the name he willingly gave up on 12 years ago. Aside from that he paints this bad image of Axl in order to appeal to the media and their expectations and to take a shot at the current GN'R. This guy has no conscience or sense of responsibility. He likes playing the victim or the innocent nice guy, and will never admit any damage he has done.

Smoking Guns, your post is so naive and immature - it merits absolutely no comment at all.  Sad

If he's selling out anything, which I don't feel he is, he's selling out himself - not GnR.  Additionally, I don't see where he "paints this bad image of Axl in order to appeal to the media and their expectations and to take a shot at the current GnR".  I think he's been pretty good about Axl.  Initially, maybe not, but there was anger, at first, I'm sure.  Now.  I don't see it, sorry. Painting a bad image of Axl?  Axl can paint his own image, and what people think about him.  I think it's taking it pretty far to assume that Slash has "no conscience or sense of responsibility".  What do you or I know about him, in regard to that?  Nothing.  I don't see him "playing the victim", either.  I try hard to avoid the "putting down Axl" things, here, because I don't think that's fair, either.  However, as for "playing the victim", then I guess, so does the rest of the original members.  They left because they couldn't take it anymore.  I don't know GnR, personally, either, and wasn't there, obviously. However, if you listen to anyone that was dismissed/left the early band, and some of the frustrations since, you kind of get a "picture", here.  A commonality, so to speak.  I'm not putting Axl down.  He is who he is, and, personally, I think he's one of the greatest front men that ever existed, but there were, admittedly, issues.  Whatever he was/is about.  So, I guess that makes the rest all victims/innocent, here, too. 

BTW, I didn't think that Smoking Guns statement was naive & immature, meriting no commenet, at all.  Again, that was mean-spirited.   
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 01:38:25 AM by lynn1961 » Logged
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #391 on: January 17, 2008, 01:40:06 AM »

How does Guitar Hero III have one thing to do with Axl Rose?  Other than guitar riffs Slash came up with on GNR songs, what else does it have to do with GNR?  Zero.  Just like Axl on Angel Down had nothing to do with GNR.

Please Advise,

Smoking Guns
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #392 on: January 17, 2008, 01:41:19 AM »

Jarmo and Falcon, Lether Rebel just insulted me.  I am a victim.  Lynn, marry me.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #393 on: January 17, 2008, 01:45:40 AM »

Lynn, it goes back to the fandom and objectivity thing.  Being a fan and a radical are too different things.  If you can't look at yourself in the mirror and admit all is not well then something is wrong.  Guns N Roses is my band forever, but on Jan 16, 2008 GNR is beyond life support.  GNR is in a deep Coma and the excuses for said Coma are beyond comprehension.  I just don't see this story having a good ending in its current state.   This story needs a dramatic twist!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #394 on: January 17, 2008, 11:02:19 AM »

Even if he really is doing all that to make extra money, so what?    Is that wrong for a person to do that? 

It's his decision.

Many artists do the same thing. Gene Simmons is probably more known as that guy from TV than a bass player.

Bret Michaels, Tommy Lee, Ozzy Osbourne etc are all musicians who seem to be more known for other things than the music.

Is Slash going to be "that guy in the video game"? I don't know... The popularity of it might suggest that he could.

How does Guitar Hero III have one thing to do with Axl Rose?  Other than guitar riffs Slash came up with on GNR songs, what else does it have to do with GNR?  Zero.  Just like Axl on Angel Down had nothing to do with GNR.

Please Advise,

Smoking Guns

I think you could say Slash became wold famous in GN'R with Axl. Then he went away and not many paid attention to him until he started VR and he became Slash (formerly of GN'R) with the world.

Then GN'R came back too and almost every time Slash's name was mentioned, GN'R and/or Axl was mentioned.

And everybody who interviews Slash seems to want to talk about Axl.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
elmir
VIP

« Reply #395 on: January 17, 2008, 11:32:56 AM »

I think you could say Slash became wold famous in GN'R with Axl. Then he went away and not many paid attention to him until he started VR and he became Slash (formerly of GN'R) with the world.

Then GN'R came back too and almost every time Slash's name was mentioned, GN'R and/or Axl was mentioned.

/jarmo

wrong.

Slash got plenty of publicity post 1993/94/95 as a GNR lead guitarist....former guitarist...whatever you call it....first snakepit album sold very well....more people paid attention to him then they do now.....many more people....purely because no one knew what was going on with gnr...

the fact that axl came back with nu gnr didn't increase slash's popularity with the media one bit....it perhaps made some pay attention to VR/GNR similarities....but Slash's media presence was pretty much always the same...even during the "quiet decade"....you could pick up a guitar magazine and he was almost guaranteed to be in it for some or other thing.....he always had his fair share of column publicity....

re-birth of gnr, or whatever people wish to call it didn't add to slash's "popularity" factor with the media and rock fans....

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #396 on: January 17, 2008, 11:47:33 AM »

Slash got plenty of publicity post 1993/94/95 as a GNR lead guitarist....former guitarist...whatever you call it....first snakepit album sold very well....more people paid attention to him then they do now.....many more people....purely because no one knew what was going on with gnr...

the fact that axl came back with nu gnr didn't increase slash's popularity with the media one bit....it perhaps made some pay attention to VR/GNR similarities....but Slash's media presence was pretty much always the same...even during the "quiet decade"....you could pick up a guitar magazine and he was almost guaranteed to be in it for some or other thing.....he always had his fair share of column publicity....

re-birth of gnr, or whatever people wish to call it didn't add to slash's "popularity" factor with the media and rock fans....

Compare the press in like 99-01 to today.

Snakepit v2 was his main band.

True, he was in guitar magazines and metal mags, but was he on morning TV, talk shows and mainstream media as much as he's been after VR started? As far as I remember, he wasn't.

/jarmo

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #397 on: January 17, 2008, 11:54:36 AM »

IMO, the "media" uses Slash interviews just as a way to talk about GNR.

Watch the video of Slash on the Kimmel show from the other night.

Slash was there to plug his book but all Kimmel wanted to talk about to Slash was AXL!!!

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #398 on: January 17, 2008, 11:58:39 AM »

Slash is selling out the GN'R name
how???

Is Slash going to be "that guy in the video game"? I don't know... The popularity of it might suggest that he could.
Maybe if GTA was as popular as GH, Axl would be that guy in the video game too??

Then he went away and not many paid attention to him until he started VR and he became Slash (formerly of GN'R) with the world.

Has anyone really cared about Axl over the years? The same can be said for him as well.

I agree that Slash has been inconsistent with what he says over the years but its not his fault that people ask him about Axl. Its only natural. People want to know.

And I will bet you anything people ask Axk the same type of questions about Slash when the album comes out and does interviews.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #399 on: January 17, 2008, 12:14:37 PM »

Slash is selling out the GN'R name
how???

Yeah, I don't get that. How can he sell GNR out if he's not been a member since 1996?

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: