Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 06, 2024, 05:47:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228155 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Comments On Book Signing Tour
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Comments On Book Signing Tour  (Read 97661 times)
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #280 on: January 14, 2008, 10:39:54 AM »

I still say if Slash asked you out for a drink, you'd jump at the chance,and a little shitbird told me you used to GO to VR concerts!

I wouldn't exactly call the gallery on this site a shitbird.
November-Blues
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #281 on: January 14, 2008, 10:43:45 AM »

Actually I wasn't referring to anyone or anything on this forum, just some people who keep me informed.

Sorry if my Vocabulary offended, it;s just the way I talk-

Peace!
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #282 on: January 14, 2008, 11:01:04 AM »

You didn't offend me, I was just pointing out you're not special and anyone could find out that information if they wanted to.

Cry Must hurt.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #283 on: January 14, 2008, 11:05:43 AM »

Actually I wasn't referring to anyone or anything on this forum, just some people who keep me informed.

Wait! You have people that keep you informed about what I've done, what shows I've been to etc.?

Holy fuck!

Don't you have anything more important to do with your time than to keep track of me?

I mean, sorry to burst your bubble once again, but I wasn't in the band and never claimed the opposite.

1. We ALL realize you are not in GNR's, that is apparant and a FACT. You are simply a guy that runs an unofficial forum.

If it's so clear to you, why do you keep repeating it on the board?

2. These biased opinions you voice,and finally admit that they are your OWN opinions-no one else's.

Once again, I NEVER claimed anything else. You made it all up, or was it your people?

3. No, you don't have to be in the band to "know things" but, you were not there when the band formed.nor were you at every concert.

Hello?

I wasn't in St. Louis in 1991, but I know what happened.

Is that an alien concept to you?

4.If you aren't fucking obsessed with Slash,why read his book and take notes?? Why are you trying to score points with the "powers that be?" what's your motive?

What the fuck is your motive?

I read the book because it's the first official autobiography of a former GUNS N' ROSES band member.

Do you need more clues?

5. The book could have been MUCH worse,and included much worse "episodes" FACT.

I'm sure it could always have been worse.

Would that have been any benefit to Slash?

6. I am not nor have I ever been a VR fan, I'm GNR's 100% and attended numerous concerts!

Even back in 1988 when I "was in diapers" as you put it?

7. NOTHING has been issued to support your stand on this matter from the GNR circle- Officially or by email.

Oh my.... Like I said, please prove that I have claimed the opposite or shut the fuck up already.

You sound like a broken record which is spinning the "you don't know anything, you were not in GN'R" song.

8.Slash admitted he didn't write the book to sacrifice ANYONE....maybe Goldstein,but he's dispensable!

He has admitted a lot of things over the years....

So in closing, what is your motive? Trying to score brownie points? You very well may be alienating the very people you hoped to impress....and suck up to.

I'm trying to be your online buddy!  Kiss

You obviously have some reading comprehension issues you should deal with.

I can list the "motives" over and over again. But until you hear what you want to hear, you'll ignore them. It's kinda obvious.

The truth doesn't interest you, you just want me to agree with your delusional ideas.

I still say if Slash asked you out for a drink, you'd jump at the chance,and a little shitbird told me you used to GO to VR concerts!

See- I have my Minions too, Please stop avoiding these questions and answer with SOME degree of intelligence and Integrity-
That would impress the hell out of me and others!

What would impress the hell out of me is if you actually started reading instead of talking to yourself the whole time.

Your questions have nothing to do with intelligence. If you use that word, I think it's fair to assume that you can at least read and comprehend simple answers.

But not you, you chose to ignore them because my "motives" don't fit your agenda.

You're only here to try to put me down in order to build your own ego.

Why else would anybody post shit like "you're not the only one with inside sources" when in fact I never claimed anything like that. I don't even use that phrase about myself in the first place.

In your perfect world, you're the mighty insider and I'm just a nobody who's kissing ass. Guess what, that's not the fucking case.

And also, stop pretending that you're some random fan.

We both know who you are and why you're here.

You don't have issues with me.

Riiiiiight!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #284 on: January 14, 2008, 11:35:50 AM »

Jarmo, I am confused to about these questions?  They are not legitimate and didn't deserve a response. 

Now, if he ask a question like, "Jarmo, while reading the book, what single event can we point to that caused this divide between Slash and Axl?"  Or "Jarmo, do you agree with the notion that perhaps Goldstein didn't always have GNR's best interests as their manager?" 

I just made those two questions and don't want them answered, but they are legitimate and would be acceptable to answer because they are not "calling you out" or "insulting" to you. 

For only 22 posts, read more and ask less till you see the chemistry on the board and what has been covered.

Nice to have you as a new member though, hope this helps.
robertjohn
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #285 on: January 14, 2008, 11:45:24 AM »

Jarmo, I am confused to about these questions?  They are not legitimate and didn't deserve a response. 

Now, if he ask a question like, "Jarmo, while reading the book, what single event can we point to that caused this divide between Slash and Axl?"  Or "Jarmo, do you agree with the notion that perhaps Goldstein didn't always have GNR's best interests as their manager?" 

I just made those two questions and don't want them answered, but they are legitimate and would be acceptable to answer because they are not "calling you out" or "insulting" to you. 

For only 22 posts, read more and ask less till you see the chemistry on the board and what has been covered.

Jarmo still ignores the questions about his biases here. He dances around the issue and avoids it completely. We all have biases, that's fine. But, we should all put our biases out there so others can gauge the verocity of our statements and claims. I still do not get why Jarmo goes through his book and finds meaningless errors and starts an entire thread for them. I don't get it, but I have some idea where he is coming from and to who's  attention he would like to grab.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 11:47:04 AM by robertjohn » Logged
November-Blues
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #286 on: January 14, 2008, 11:48:20 AM »

I don't "keep track of you"-sorry to burst YOUR bubble but you don't interest me in the least-I wouldn't waste my time.

I was simply inquiring what has Slash done to you personally? Or whom are you trying to impress?

If you were putting on a free show and paying people to come....I would abstain. You are a little person that runs a unofficial forum of a band I DO love. period.

I am a lot of things, grandiose maybe-but not delusional, why do these simple inquiries bother you to this point?
In my perfect world people would tell the fucking TRUTH and not for an ulterior motive-OR for personal gain-(take notes)

By taking this stand, you aren't impressing anyone, you aren't gaining brownie points,and insulting people instead of answering questions doesn't make you "cool".

And you are dead wrong about knowing who I am, unless you are psychic and looking through your "magic portal."
 The reason I am here is because I am 100% GNR supporter- not a bad thing to be!

and you still haven't answered my questions, what do you hope to accomplish by taking this stand? Favor?

Have some integrity and tell us all some truth, It's not your fight-it's between Axl and Slash.

Besides, If you are trying to be an online bodyguard-it ain't working.

And I am Fully aware you aren't in the band, stop babbling about that, and try to answer my question if you can.

Peace
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #287 on: January 14, 2008, 11:48:56 AM »

Jarmo still ignores the questions about his biases here. He dances around the issue and aviods it. We all have biases, that's fine. But, we should all put our biases out there so others can gauge the verocity of our statements and claims. I still do not get why Jarmo goes through his book and finds meaningless errors and starts an entire thread for them. I don't get it, but I have some idea where he is coming from and to who's  attention he would like to grab.

Oh ya, he will never answer those.  So don't waste time asking them.  My guess is he loves Slash's playing on the old albums but can't stand the guy personally.   Jarmo, I am not speaking for you, just speculating your emotions since you don't answer redundant questions from the board.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #288 on: January 14, 2008, 11:52:37 AM »

I don't understand how someone who says they are behind GN'R 100% (in 2008) cannot accept the viable possibility that Slash is dishonest, is a lier and a schemer, and who by enlarge cares only about money and doesn't give a damn about GN'R fans.

I don't think anyone's not accepting the possibility that he's a 'liar and a schemer'. Anyone can be a liar and a schemer. It's just that the majority of people on a GNR board are going to be pro-Slash seeing as he's an ex-member and aren't likely to think that way.

Defending Slash doesn't make someone any less of a GNR (2008) fan.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
robertjohn
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #289 on: January 14, 2008, 11:53:39 AM »

I don't "keep track of you"-sorry to burst YOUR bubble but you don't interest me in the least-I wouldn't waste my time.

I was simply inquiring what has Slash done to you personally? Or whom are you trying to impress?

If you were putting on a free show and paying people to come....I would abstain. You are a little person that runs a unofficial forum of a band I DO love. period.

I am a lot of things, grandiose maybe-but not delusional, why do these simple inquiries bother you to this point?
In my perfect world people would tell the fucking TRUTH and not for an ulterior motive-OR for personal gain-(take notes)

By taking this stand, you aren't impressing anyone, you aren't gaining brownie points,and insulting people instead of answering questions doesn't make you "cool".

And you are dead wrong about knowing who I am, unless you are psychic and looking through your "magic portal."
 The reason I am here is because I am 100% GNR supporter- not a bad thing to be!

and you still haven't answered my questions, what do you hope to accomplish by taking this stand? Favor?

Have some integrity and tell us all some truth, It's not your fight-it's between Axl and Slash.

And I am Fully aware you aren't in the band, stop babbling about that, and try to answer my question if you can.

Peace

He's using his bully pulpit to avoid all issues that would seem to expose his biases on why he posts certain things. Based upon his prior posts, he will not answer your fair questions. And why won't he answer them? Because he knows that the truth would destroy any credibility he has left, which is not much.
November-Blues
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #290 on: January 14, 2008, 11:56:13 AM »

Jarmo still ignores the questions about his biases here. He dances around the issue and avoids it completely. We all have biases, that's fine. But, we should all put our biases out there so others can gauge the verocity of our statements and claims. I still do not get why Jarmo goes through his book and finds meaningless errors and starts an entire thread for them. I don't get it, but I have some idea where he is coming from and to who's  attention he would like to grab.

Agreed Robert John, He is fishing for status quo here, Brownie points, call em' what you will-It's not his fight but I definantly see ulterior motive. My questions may be redundant, but they haven't been answered yet,simply ignored.

Peace, bro
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #291 on: January 14, 2008, 12:07:50 PM »

but I definantly see ulterior motive.

You really are something else. YOU see MOTIVES that are not there.

Just to make yourself feel good.

My motives for reading the book: I'm a GN'R fan. I read GN'R related articles, books etc.

My motives for correcting the errors: I want to provide an accurate account of what has happened. And no, nobody made me do it, I'm not better than anybody else, I just do it for fun.

My motives for posting in the VR section: To comment on things as an individual who has followed several VR members' careers for years and who's still a GN'R fan.

So the so called bias is nothing more than me posting from the point of view of a GN'R fan who's not stuck in the past.

Now, what's your motives for trying to bait me into saying things you want to hear?

Please tell me.

Peace!

You are a little person that runs a unofficial forum of a band I DO love. period.

Insult!

This is exactly what I mean. You're ONLY here to put me down.

It's a personal vendetta you have.

Quite sad.

In my perfect world people would tell the fucking TRUTH

I told you the TRUTH, but the TRUTH does not interest you.

Oh my.... Again.

This stand?

It's called my opinion!

If I changed my opinion, I'd be more popular among people like you. Ass kissing...

Oh my..

It's not my fight? No shit, I'm not even fighting with anybody. Purely trying to explain to a few slow learning people a thing or two.

I belive it's called administrator or moderator.

You are? How funny since you brought it up in the first place....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 12:46:18 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #292 on: January 14, 2008, 12:10:45 PM »

Now that you guys, or one of you using multiple account would introduce yourselves properly since you're so interested in me.

It's about time we get to know each other.

you know so much about me and my "secret motives".

It's only fair that we get to know who you are.

ok

Oh ya, he will never answer those.  So don't waste time asking them.  My guess is he loves Slash's playing on the old albums but can't stand the guy personally.   Jarmo, I am not speaking for you, just speculating your emotions since you don't answer redundant questions from the board.

I'm a GN'R fan. I never discredited anybody's input in making GN'R what it was.

Just because I enjoy the music Slash made as part of GN'R, doesn't mean I have to agree with everything he says or does.

This is the problem with many of you.

You don't like that I comment on these things, but instead of commenting on why I'm wrong or why you disagree with what I said, you attack me with "you were not in the band", "you have hidden motives!", "you hate Slash" or "you're just a little person with a web site".

It's not about the issue, it's personal for some of you.

I want an answer to why you feel you have to attack me instead of discussing the issue.

Would one of you please answer that?

I've asked before.

Why do you feel the need to attack a "little person with a web site" day after day just because he choses to post his opinion on things related to Slash?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 12:19:38 PM by jarmo » Logged

robertjohn
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #293 on: January 14, 2008, 12:18:39 PM »

but I definantly see ulterior motive.

You really are something else. YOU see MOTIVES that are not there.

Just to make yourself feel good.

My motives for reading the book: I'm a GN'R fan. I read GN'R related articles, books etc.

My motives for correcting the errors: I want to provide an accurate account of what has happened. And no, nobody made me do it, I'm not better than anybody else, I just do it for fun.

My motives for posting in the VR section: To comment on things as an individual who has followed several VR members' careers for years and who's still a GN'R fan.

So the so called bias is nothing more than me posting from the point of view of a GN'R fan who's not stuck in the past.

Now, what's your motives for trying to bate me into saying things you want to hear?

Please tell me.

Peace!

You are a little person that runs a unofficial forum of a band I DO love. period.

Insult!

This is exactly what I mean. You're ONLY here to put me down.

It's a personal vendetta you have.

Quite sad.

In my perfect world people would tell the fucking TRUTH

I told you the TRUTH, but the TRUTH does not interest you.

Oh my.... Again.

This stand?

It's called my opinion!

If I changed my opinion, I'd be more popular among people like you. Ass kissing...

Oh my..

It's not my fight? No shit, I'm not even fighting with anybody. Purely trying to explain to a few slow learning people a thing or two.

I belive it's called administrator or moderator.

You are? How funny since you brought it up in the first place....

/jarmo

Again, you still didnt answer the most important question-your biases. Well, if I have to come to a conclusion based upon your last post, you state you have no biases. If that's true, then so be it. But, are you sure about that claim? Have you ever been given access, tickets, rides, back stage passes, etc. to the best band in the world? If you have, then just say it. If that's true, I think that is great! Just let everyone know where your bread is buttered so we can take your posts with a large grain of salt. As for your claim about not being stuck in the past, I total disagree with you (my opinion only). By starting an entire thread about the errors, etc, it seems to me that you are keeping the past alive! And for setting the record straight, I'm gonna pay attention to what the players had to say about it as they lived their lives. I am not gonna rely on the opinion of you sitting behind a computer. Unless you were in the band , or are in the band, I'm sorry, Im gonna go with the guys who lived it.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #294 on: January 14, 2008, 12:31:55 PM »

Again, you still didnt answer the most important question-your biases.

What fucking biases?

Isn't it clear enough for you?

I'm not the world's biggest Slash fan. Is that the bias?

Well, if I have to come to a conclusion based upon your last post, you state you have no biases. If that's true, then so be it.

I'm a GN'R fan, not some "objective journalist".

As I've said in the past, but you choose to ignore, I post things that I can tell the person to his/her face. Integrity.

Unlike many of you, I don't hide behind an username and then have the nerve to call me a faceless coward.

Have I been backstage? It has happened. I was at that jam session in Osaka. Was it because I don't like some of the things Slash says? I guess you know better than me.  hihi

Now, please take time and read my previous post so you can address my ONLY question to you.

/jarmo

leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #295 on: January 14, 2008, 12:41:34 PM »

Is it not possible that you may have liked someone for what they once were as artists, but dislike what they have eventually become?

Seems we have schizophrenic members on this board..... nervous
A medical exam (plus an IQ test) would be nice to pass before joining a forum.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #296 on: January 14, 2008, 12:43:18 PM »

Is it not possible that you may have liked someone for what they once were as artists, but dislike what they have eventually become?

Seems we have schizophrenic members on this board..... nervous
A medical exam (plus an IQ test) would be nice to pass before joining a forum.

Tell us about your secret motives for posting here!

You were not in the band!

Slash is right, you know nothing about GN'R's past because you were not in the band!

/jarmo

PS You were not in the band! FACT

November-Blues
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #297 on: January 14, 2008, 12:43:59 PM »

Far be it for me to "Bait" someone, I don't have to- I just hire lawyers! I simply wished to know where you were coming from-

I honestly think your "perks" have activated some very arrogant attitudes, and you obviously think you are beyond reproach.
By "little person" I didn't mean PHYSICALLY, simply that you weren't famous in your own right-you don't play, or sing, or write music. You simply have an online forum about people that do.
And insulting someone is not a valid means to communication in any language-I am truly relieved you finally admitted that these were your biases and not coming from the band.- you don't need to be so defensive to someone asking simple questions.

Still not understanding why you flip a gasket, when I simply asked why you hated so much- I too know quite a bit, and I am no ass-kisser either.

Why in God's green heaven  would you dissect a book, list every mistake, and go off the deep end. Is it because it is Slash?
they are his memories, if they are fucked up-well maybe he interpreted his memories in his own way.
Mick Wall wrote a book too,and he is a douche-maybe you could devote your time to him next?

This honestly isn't doing much for your credibility,and I'd believe the members of GNR's that lived in this,and continue to live it before I'd believe anything here.
If I am wrong show me direct proof that you aren't just doing all this to insure your status quo,and gain favor.

peace
robertjohn
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #298 on: January 14, 2008, 12:45:26 PM »

Again, you still didnt answer the most important question-your biases.

What fucking biases?

Isn't it clear enough for you?

I'm not the world's biggest Slash fan. Is that the bias?

Well, if I have to come to a conclusion based upon your last post, you state you have no biases. If that's true, then so be it.

I'm a GN'R fan, not some "objective journalist".

As I've said in the past, but you choose to ignore, I post things that I can tell the person to his/her face. Integrity.

Unlike many of you, I don't hide behind an username and then have the nerve to call me a faceless coward.

Have I been backstage? It has happened. I was at that jam session in Osaka. Was it because I don't like some of the things Slash says? I guess you know better than me.  hihi

Now, please take time and read my previous post so you can address my ONLY question to you.

/jarmo

As for identity, you want the entire world to know who you are so people know that you are the MAN when it comes to gnr websites. You love the attention and all the new friends it has brought to you. I have seen you at the pre-parties and you love the attention. All those ladies flocking around you. You love it and I don't blame ya. Also, you want certain others to know exactly who you are so you can continue to get tickets, passes, etc from the band and again, I think that's great. But, that's exactly why you want people to know who you are, so you can collect the goods. I am a 100% gnr fan, period. Yes, I have biases and they all tilt in favor of gnr. I appreciate and thank slash for what he has done in the past. That time has passed us by. I am for the here and now , 100%...Axl, Robin, Richard, Tommy, Dizzy, Chris, Ron, and maybe Brain....not sure what's up there, maybe you can tell me since you are in insider...
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 12:48:39 PM by robertjohn » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #299 on: January 14, 2008, 12:55:01 PM »

As for identity, you want the entire world to know who you are so people know that you are the MAN when it comes to gnr websites.

No, I do what I do and I let others do what they do.

I don't really have an ego....

You love the attention and all the new friends it has brought to you.

I do like some of the friends I've gotten to know thanks to this site.

Like the mods!

I didn't know them before I started the board you know.

I have seen you at the pre-parties and you love the attention. All those ladies flocking around you.

Hahaha! That would be AdZ and Christos!

Some posters are female and they attend pre-shows too. Is that considered flocking around me?

Did you talk to me at those pre-shows? I bet we did talk for a long time since you know me so damn well!

Now, please get back to me regarding the question: What do you have to gain from this personal vendetta against me?

Why in God's green heaven  would you dissect a book, list every mistake, and go off the deep end. Is it because it is Slash?

Because I want GN'R fans to know the facts?

The things they don't always get in the press or Slash's book.

This honestly isn't doing much for your credibility,

My credibility seems to only be an issue to you.

Now, please answer MY QUESTION: What do you have to gain from this personal vendetta against me?

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: