Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 04:06:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Comments On Book Signing Tour
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Comments On Book Signing Tour  (Read 97436 times)
robertjohn
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #260 on: January 12, 2008, 07:08:01 PM »

Jarmo how many hours ahead is your country from Eastern Time zone in US?? 6 hours?

Unfortunately I don't have a country....? hihi This isn't exactly on topic either.

/jarmo

I was hoping you could fly over in time for the next book signing!!!!? ?rofl rofl

well, 6 hours would be cutting it kinda close. He probably needs about 7 or so..Will there be anymore book signings btw? Maybe he can go over to Sweden and Finland and apologize to jarmo in person for the book. Slash owes it to him.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #261 on: January 12, 2008, 07:11:31 PM »

Funny how the VR fans are doing everything in their power to ruin every thread in this section.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #262 on: January 12, 2008, 07:47:45 PM »

Jarmo how many hours ahead is your country from Eastern Time zone in US?? 6 hours?

Unfortunately I don't have a country....? hihi This isn't exactly on topic either.

/jarmo

I was hoping you could fly over in time for the next book signing!!!!? ?rofl rofl

well, 6 hours would be cutting it kinda close. He probably needs about 7 or so..Will there be anymore book signings btw? Maybe he can go over to Sweden and Finland and apologize to jarmo in person for the book. Slash owes it to him.

Jarmo, I know you chuckled inside on that one!  That was funny Robert John.  I wonder if the book made a lot of money.  Slash is probably the biggest name in rock guitar right now with Guitar Hero 3, new book, endorsing amps, and another signature guitar out.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #263 on: January 12, 2008, 07:55:51 PM »

Jarmo, I know you chuckled inside on that one! 

Shows exactly how much you know....

I wonder if the book made a lot of money.

I don't think he lost any.....

He's a brand now.

Quite different to ten years ago when he was basically only covered in rock publications.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #264 on: January 12, 2008, 07:59:05 PM »

Jarmo, I know you chuckled inside on that one!?

Shows exactly how much you know....

I wonder if the book made a lot of money.

He's a brand now.

Quite different to ten years ago when he was basically only covered in rock publications.

/jarmo

Just goes to show the lack of guitar players out there that are doing anything crazy, or it says that music today isn't guitar driven like it was with GNR and other bands from the 80's.  Either way, its a good thing and exposes a whole new generation to Guns N Roses and probably a few to Velvet Revolver as well.  I think Guitar Hero hit a Home Run with Slash and I think the book did pretty good too.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #265 on: January 12, 2008, 10:08:36 PM »

He's a brand now.

/jarmo

thats what makes me cringe about the whole thing.  rather than really devote his time to what he is good at doing, he is doing guitar hero 3, jamming with bill gates, writing a book, appearing on ellen degernes, etc.   

the consequences of all this?  aside from the loss of a lil integrity, one word.  libertad.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #266 on: January 12, 2008, 10:50:02 PM »

He's a brand now.

/jarmo

thats what makes me cringe about the whole thing.? rather than really devote his time to what he is good at doing, he is doing guitar hero 3, jamming with bill gates, writing a book, appearing on ellen degernes, etc.? ?

the consequences of all this?? aside from the loss of a lil integrity, one word.? libertad.

rofl rofl  Jim Bob, that was funny.  I wonder if this media blitz before Libertad would have helped the album?  Oh well.
CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #267 on: January 12, 2008, 10:56:44 PM »

He's a brand now.

/jarmo

thats what makes me cringe about the whole thing.? rather than really devote his time to what he is good at doing, he is doing guitar hero 3, jamming with bill gates, writing a book, appearing on ellen degernes, etc.? ?

the consequences of all this?? aside from the loss of a lil integrity, one word.? libertad.

funny shit. from a person who knows nothing. that is what you do when promoting something, go on shows and other stuff. its called "Promotion"!. his biggest days are behind him. he can do what ever he wants now.At least he's doing SOMETHING. Me thinks your jelous cause slash is in the spotlight without his? former "red haired" associate. you dont have to respond to this, it would be pointless.
funny how people who dislike slash hang out in VR section. I wouldn't if i hated him.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 11:13:11 PM by CaughtMeInaComa » Logged
spaghetti_incident
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #268 on: January 12, 2008, 11:00:37 PM »

I tried to start a thread on here to explain the positive excerpts in Slash's book and once again, Jarmo has to troll it and lock it as he has to get the last word in on everything so I am sure he deleted anything positive you had to say and especially if it had Slash attached to it.

Listen, you made a topic, I replied, then your buddies ruined it by starting to question me about VR shows I attended years ago and why I read interviews that talk about GN'R.

If you are gonna keep lying about me, you won't last long here.

As usual, none of your buddies did anything wrong in your eyes. They didn't even answer your original question, but that doesn't bother you as long as you can attack me.

Hypocritical...

Edit: How about we start dishing out warnings next time one of you attacks me instead of sticking to the topic?

I'm answering the same "why do you post here" questions for a handful of people week after week. They don't understand the concept of reading interviews/articles that deal with your favorite band.

Some of them are in the VR section purely to question my right to comment on things that are being said about my favorite band. They seldom seem to question the things said, they question me questioning those things. It's not "wonder why he'd say that because it's not what really happened", it's "why are you asking that? You hate Slash!".? Roll Eyes

/jarmo

First of all, I did not lie about you. ?You posted in a thread I created that was for positive Slash comments about his book and your reply was extremely sarcastic as if to provoke an argument out of the people who wanted to post positive comments regarding Slash's book.

This is what you said:

And to Guns N' Roses fans everywhere, old and new, without their undying loyalty and limitless patience, none of this would matter.

He thanks people like Jim Bob, leatherebel and myself.

/jarmo

Everyone one who posts in this section know that you, Jim Bob and letherebel are anti Slash so you indeed posted to gage a reaction out of us "VR" fans as you have clearly labeled us.

You don't see me following you around in the GNR section and posting sarcastic comments in the threads you start or the posts you make do you? ?No, I don't do that but you sure as hell do it here.

What compelled you to even post in the thread anyway? ?You obviously don't like the book nor do you find anything positive about it so again, I ask you to answer this simple question which is why did you bother to even post in that thread I created and you locked because it wouldn't have gone "off topic" as you claim if you hadn't started it by posting a sarcastic comment.

Then to further this anomosity even more you say this:

Edit: How about we start dishing out warnings next time one of you attacks me instead of sticking to the topic?

Again, if you just would stayed out of that particular thread, no one would have (what you label as attack) "attacked" you. ?There was nothing wrong with that topic. ?Again, you posted a sarcastic comment and you were wrong to do that. ?I really see that you like to get a rise out of the people in this section who like Slash or any other ex member of Guns n' Roses.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #269 on: January 13, 2008, 10:15:30 AM »

Everyone one who posts in this section know that you, Jim Bob and letherebel are anti Slash so you indeed posted to gage a reaction out of us "VR" fans as you have clearly labeled us.

Well you asked a question and I answered it.

I think it's amusing that he chose GN'R fans as the ones to thank instead of his fans. And as you might know the people I listed are GN'R fans.

What compelled you to even post in the thread anyway?  You obviously don't like the book nor do you find anything positive about it so again, I ask you to answer this simple question which is why did you bother to even post in that thread I created and you locked because it wouldn't have gone "off topic" as you claim if you hadn't started it by posting a sarcastic comment.

It's what you make of it. It seems like some of you want to make anything I say into something else to fit your own needs.

But as expected, your buddies are not the ones to blame....  Roll Eyes

By the way, you're doing the same thing yourself now. Talking about ME in the VR section.

Don't you ever get enough?

/jarmo

spaghetti_incident
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #270 on: January 13, 2008, 10:20:59 AM »

Well you asked a question and I answered it.

I think it's amusing that he chose GN'R fans as the ones to thank instead of his fans. And as you might know the people I listed are GN'R fans.

What compelled you to even post in the thread anyway?? You obviously don't like the book nor do you find anything positive about it so again, I ask you to answer this simple question which is why did you bother to even post in that thread I created and you locked because it wouldn't have gone "off topic" as you claim if you hadn't started it by posting a sarcastic comment.

It's what you make of it. It seems like some of you want to make anything I say into something else to fit your own needs.

But as expected, your buddies are not the ones to blame....? Roll Eyes

By the way, you're doing the same thing yourself now. Talking about ME in the VR section.

Don't you ever get enough?

/jarmo

Newsflash Slash was in Guns n' Roses.  Why wouldn't he thank Guns n' Roses fans Roll Eyes

And as far as making this about you.  Guess again.  You make it about you.  No one else is to "blame".

Fact is you don't like Slash nor his book and you don't have anything positive to say about him or the book so for you to post in the topics is wrong.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #271 on: January 13, 2008, 10:23:55 AM »

Fact is you don't like Slash nor his book and you don't have anything positive to say about him or the book so for you to post in the topics is wrong.

The fact is, you think that and you like to repeat it because it fits your agenda. "You hate Slash!", "you hate Slash!"

So, next time you have an issue with my reply, make sure to act like the responsible person you are and ignore it and tell others who like to get threads off topic to do the same.

Look how great you're doing now. Another thread ruined thanks to your obsession with me.

/jarmo

November-Blues
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #272 on: January 13, 2008, 10:43:47 AM »

Personally, I honestly do NOT think anyone is "obsessed" with you....I know I am not.

Previously I asked if the opinions you voice are those of the actual band and if so, please give us a reference. You then admitted

they were YOUR opinions-not anyone elses.....that made me feel a hell of a lot better about GNRs!

The book could have been MUCH worse....and included much worse happenings, involving everyone...

It was not written to SLAM anyone, and quite frankly speaking you are NOT a member of GNRs, say...if Slash asked you out for a drink, would you go?  Sure you would!

Why do you think this line of thought is getting you back in tight with GNRs? What is your motive? I am honestly curious.....

I am behind GNRs 100%, and I cannot understand why you took this stand........
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #273 on: January 13, 2008, 11:05:34 AM »

Why do you think this line of thought is getting you back in tight with GNRs? What is your motive? I am honestly curious.....

What the hell are you talking about and who are you to ask me these questions?

I'm posting my opinion on something I read. Do I need motives for that other than the fact that I try to provide a correct version of the GN'R history?

/jarmo

November-Blues
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #274 on: January 13, 2008, 06:13:10 PM »

Who I am isn't that important-this is still an anonymous board, or we wouldn't have screen names. I am interested in what is best for GNRs,and I was actually really relieved that you ADMITTED that your stance was YOUR opinion and yours alone.

While I can understand you are "trying to set the record straight" You are taking the position that you were at every function they ever attended and I do not believe this to be the case, you weren't around in the inception. when they were first forming,

You seem to be omnipotent about GNR, and until I hear it from an official source,that you are their professional "History Keeper"
I will continue to have my doubts.

Face facts, you are not,nor have ever been in GNR's, nor are you now-you do not know Axl's every move and thought-and most of your contact comes from emails of various sorts, yeah you get backstage-but a few more than you do too.

I just don't see you as the end-all-be-all source for GNRs, it ain't that simple! Are you actually one of Axl's confidants? I don't think so-I haven't seen proof!

and if Slash was in town, asked you out for a drink, you'd probably go-what has he done to YOU personally? It's a disagreement between Axl and Slash at the root of this, and you are either trying to score points, or trying to buy yourself a bigger paycheck from GNRs. It's kinda sad, actually----face facts, you will never be in Guns N' Roses. -you will always be the guy that runs an online forum, if you can provide me with Official evidence to the contrary, I just might believe you, but I see none forthcoming.

Peace!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #275 on: January 13, 2008, 06:49:02 PM »

Who I am isn't that important-this is still an anonymous board, or we wouldn't have screen names. I am interested in what is best for GNRs,and I was actually really relieved that you ADMITTED that your stance was YOUR opinion and yours alone.

I'm GLAD that you felt RELIEVED over something that's so APPARENT.

While I can understand you are "trying to set the record straight" You are taking the position that you were at every function they ever attended and I do not believe this to be the case, you weren't around in the inception. when they were first forming,

Here we go again.

This is why I think you've been here before.

I don't have to be in the band to know certain things. Agreed?

You seem to be omnipotent about GNR, and until I hear it from an official source,that you are their professional "History Keeper"
I will continue to have my doubts.

You seem to spend too much time thinking up all kinds of scenarios that aren't based in reality.

I run a fan site that I wish to keep as truthful as I can.

In no way, that I'm aware off, does that imply that I must have been a member of the band.

Face facts, you are not,nor have ever been in GNR's,

Please, please, please provide me with the quote where I claim I was! Please!

When you show me the quote where I claimed I was in the band, I will apologize to you for giving you ammo for these bizarre ideas.

I just don't see you as the end-all-be-all source for GNRs

Never said anything like that, but it's constantly used against me by people like you.

and if Slash was in town, asked you out for a drink, you'd probably go-

Wow.

and you are either trying to score points, or trying to buy yourself a bigger paycheck from GNRs. It's kinda sad, actually----face facts, you will never be in Guns N' Roses. -you will always be the guy that runs an online forum

You truly are delusional.

I have explained you everything countless times.

Does it not register at all?

I feel like I'm talking to myself.

Oh, and stop defending Slash like you're his wife. Until you provide some evidence, we won't call you Perla no matter how much you wish us to.

/jarmo

PS I still wasn't in GN'R.

robertjohn
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #276 on: January 13, 2008, 10:37:15 PM »

Personally, I honestly do NOT think anyone is "obsessed" with you....I know I am not.

Previously I asked if the opinions you voice are those of the actual band and if so, please give us a reference. You then admitted

they were YOUR opinions-not anyone elses.....that made me feel a hell of a lot better about GNRs!

The book could have been MUCH worse....and included much worse happenings, involving everyone...

It was not written to SLAM anyone, and quite frankly speaking you are NOT a member of GNRs, say...if Slash asked you out for a drink, would you go?  Sure you would!

I tend to agree with this poster. Can you please address his/her reasonable questions. We should be told about your biases here. Thank you for your reply in advance.
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #277 on: January 14, 2008, 12:13:17 AM »

I don't understand how someone who says they are behind GN'R 100% (in 2008) cannot accept the viable possibility that Slash is dishonest, is a lier and a schemer, and who by enlarge cares only about money and doesn't give a damn about GN'R fans.

Instead, they'll resort to accusations that people doubting Slash's honorable intentions are asskissers and want to impress the GN'R camp.

Let's say, hypothetically, that this is the indeed the position of the GN'R camp. Then what? You people behind GN'R 100% would still disagree and defend your guitar hero? Wow. Way to go being a GN'R fan!

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #278 on: January 14, 2008, 01:08:43 AM »

I don't understand how someone who says they are behind GN'R 100% (in 2008) cannot accept the viable possibility that Slash is dishonest

It is called "plausible deniabilty". The rest ... meh.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
November-Blues
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #279 on: January 14, 2008, 09:56:54 AM »

OK, we will take it very slowly this time- and this ain't Perla. last I heard she didn't have a dick, but you'll have to ask Slash to make sure!

1. We ALL realize you are not in GNR's, that is apparant and a FACT. You are simply a guy that runs an unofficial forum.
2. These biased opinions you voice,and finally admit that they are your OWN opinions-no one else's.
3. No, you don't have to be in the band to "know things" but, you were not there when the band formed.nor were you at every concert.
4.If you aren't fucking obsessed with Slash,why read his book and take notes?? Why are you trying to score points with the "powers that be?" what's your motive?
5. The book could have been MUCH worse,and included much worse "episodes" FACT.
6. I am not nor have I ever been a VR fan, I'm GNR's 100% and attended numerous concerts!
7. NOTHING has been issued to support your stand on this matter from the GNR circle- Officially or by email.
8.Slash admitted he didn't write the book to sacrifice ANYONE....maybe Goldstein,but he's dispensable!

So in closing, what is your motive? Trying to score brownie points? You very well may be alienating the very people you hoped to impress....and suck up to.

I still say if Slash asked you out for a drink, you'd jump at the chance,and a little shitbird told me you used to GO to VR concerts!

See- I have my Minions too, Please stop avoiding these questions and answer with SOME degree of intelligence and Integrity-
That would impress the hell out of me and others!

Peace!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: