Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 02:50:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Comments On Book Signing Tour
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Comments On Book Signing Tour  (Read 97347 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #220 on: January 11, 2008, 11:58:58 AM »

last post for me regarding your analogy

A different opinion is not fucking up. Driving drunk after behaving for ten years is fucking up. Posting insults after behaving for two years just because you disagree with someone is fucking up.

But if a person only logs in to post negative posts and complaints, then my initial reaction is that the person doesn't really seem to have a lot of nice things going on in his/her life.

you clearly are talking about negative posting not insulting. The subject we have, or atleast I have been talking about is negative posting, differing opinions, etc...not insulting.......

we both are on the same page with people who come here who soley insult

smoking guns your wish is granted im done Lips Sealed peace

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #221 on: January 11, 2008, 12:07:08 PM »

For the last fucking time:

You can behave for two years, then you start logging in just to disagree and insult others on the board. Which means you're breaking the rules.

Now, if you get banned, it's not just because you disagree. It's because you have to resort to insults.

Now, maybe it's because you (not you personally) don't know how to behave in a discussion or maybe you're just lost for words, but quite often the "nutswinger", "ass kisser" and "yes man" phrases start flying around instead of trying to answer questions like you would in a normal discussion.

From my experience, a lot of people who chose to disagree with me throw in personal insults in their posts without taking any responsibility for it. They just like to say "I was banned for disagreeing with him".

Bullshit!

It's apparent from your posts that you just take everything I said and lump it all together to fit your agenda.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #222 on: January 11, 2008, 12:10:01 PM »

Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
November-Blues
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #223 on: January 11, 2008, 12:32:13 PM »

For the last fucking time:

You can behave for two years, then you start logging in just to disagree and insult others on the board. Which means you're breaking the rules.

Now, if you get banned, it's not just because you disagree. It's because you have to resort to insults.

Now, maybe it's because you (not you personally) don't know how to behave in a discussion or maybe you're just lost for words, but quite often the "nutswinger", "ass kisser" and "yes man" phrases start flying around instead of trying to answer questions like you would in a normal discussion.

From my experience, a lot of people who chose to disagree with me throw in personal insults in their posts without taking any responsibility for it. They just like to say "I was banned for disagreeing with him".

Bullshit!

It's apparent from your posts that you just take everything I said and lump it all together to fit your agenda.

/jarmo

Gee so I guess Axl4Prez2004 broke forum rules by logging in and insulting me and he's behaved for a long time yet you refused to do anything to him when he did insult me. ?Granted he didn't like that email I had posted but it's not like I signaled him out specifically. ?I just posted something I received in my email and asked the board if anyone received it and he attacked me and you did nothing to him so I guess you do have your favorites.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=50379.2840

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

The 2007 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion! Smiley

? ?Re: 2008 Presidential Election Thread
? Reply #2859 on: January 08, 2008, 04:24:21 PM ? ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
November-Blues, I actually saw that bullshit e-mail you posted and I'm glad you posted it. ?

Yes, Barack Obama is looking to tear down the United States from the inside. ?Posted on snopes.com? ?It's gotta be true. ?Seriously, I'm never shocked by the level of ignorance in this country. ?

Ya know what? ?I've re-read your post and if you honestly believe that shit to be true, you are a complete fucking idiot.
I'd say how dare you, but that sounds pretty lame, so a simple, "fuck off, you ignorant p.o.s." will suffice...if indeed you believe that bullshit to be true.

November-Blues also had this golden nugget to add: ?"Obama has as much experience as I would running the USA which is zero." ?Listen homefuck, none of the candidates running has experience "running the USA." ?Next time please pretend you're not an ass-hat. ?Thanks Freedom, I just saw your post saying the same exact thing. ?That's the type of shit that got me very negative early on in this campaign. ?I'm glad so many folks have been able to disregard the bullshit...does that scare you November-Blues? ? ? ?

robertjohn
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #224 on: January 11, 2008, 12:34:58 PM »

Just to point out how meaningless that error in slash's thread is, I found what someone wrote about an error and I will quote:

" Several pages: Slash's current band mate in VR, Dave Kushner, is referred to as Dave Kirscher in several places in the book."

Just like this poster spelled Gilby's name , "Guilby." Who the hell cares! We know who Gilby is and we know who Dave is. So, now everything that "Leatherebel" says is an error and can't be trusted. That is very foolish, is it not?

Talk about grasping at straws here....?

Just because I pointed out an insignificant error, it must mean the whole point that the book isn't accurate is invalid.? rofl

/jarmo

That's my point! Thanks for agreeing finally! Who gives a shit that someone's name was spelled wrong! The point of the book was not about spelling someone's name correctly, just like the when people post here and have a spelling error in their posts! We know what they are talking about and don't say everything they post is a lie.
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #225 on: January 11, 2008, 01:48:56 PM »

I didn't post here to provoke or insult anyone on this board. I just wrote my honest opinion of the book after reading it. Since the other book discussion thread was locked, I thought this one was appropriate.

I used to have alot of respect for Slash. After reading his book (and listening to his latest album), almost all of it is gone. And nobody made me believe the things that I said but his book, along with comparisons to things that are known to have happened certain ways. It may sound illogical but that was the effect this book had on me.

Although I see alot of shortsightedness and misunderstanding in some of the responses, I don't wanna argue with anyone, so if you don't like my post, just ignore it, or have a laugh out of it - whatever best works for you.

Appologies for the spelling and grammer mistakes. With so many international posters here, we may need some spelling/grammer tool, no?  peace

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
November-Blues
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #226 on: January 11, 2008, 01:52:17 PM »

was trying to make you see that you can be good and behave for a long time, but then fuck up
An opinion on a forum and driving home drunk are two completely different things. Behavior is not related to an opinion. An opinion is an opinion. A different opinion does not mean a person "fucks up".

Your fuck up comment right there shows how you view differing opinions. Like a different opinion doesnt follow your rules....they "fucked up"

nice try though....

Did I specify that I meant "only recently" or "only post negative stuff for years and years"?

If you understood my analogy, which you didn't, you'd see what I meant.

But if a person only logs in to post negative posts and complaints, then my initial reaction is that the person doesn't really seem to have a lot of nice things going on in his/her life.

Again, I dont only log in and post negative stuff. If you need proof on that browse through my 3000 posts
And more importantly...if a person posts negative stuff about a topic doesnt mean they have no life or not a lot of nice things goin on.

I dont have time to disect what you might mean. You used the world only. So I read the sentence as is. But you can change that statement now if you would like.
As I said, integrity.
Again, integrity doesnt mean being a bands yes person.
You throw that word around way too much. Integrity is having a belief in something and standing by it. I believe certain things GNR do are wrong or dont make much sense. That doesnt mean I lack integrity or am not a fan of the band.

You fail to realize that..so again...we will have to agree to disagree

I think it can be safely assumed that Axl and the people that care about him are not super happy about the book.

Dont be so sure about that. In fact, I have heard that Axl has read the book and doesnt have any major problems with it.

Where to begin with this long, comical post regarding Slashs book. And I thought JimBob took the cake.

Call me paranoid if you want but this book is an implicit anti-Axl propaganda. ?The most important part of the book, also reiteraited in the concluding chapter, is about the GN'R break-up and what led to it.
No, that is what you deemed the most important part of the book. Do you think Slash viewed that as the most important part of the book or the main reason why he wrote the book?

Dont get me wrong...everyone wants to read what Slash has to say in regards to Axl and the breakup. That is certainly the most intriguing part of the book. But to state that its the most important and sole reason why anyone read the book is insane.

And if you haven't noticed Axl is blamed for everything. From having original members leave, to bringing in new people, to constantly going on late, to causing riots, to aquiring the name and sole power in the band, you name it....Most of this, of course, is either lies, or if not has some sort of reasonable explanation that Slash failed to see.

yikes! Did you even read the book?

Another example: Slash makes a big deal of that "constant" going on late, when in fact it wasn't even that "constant". If you trace the history, even during the illusions tour probably more than 50% of the shows started about right on time. Hell, in 2006 when there were so many complaints about that going on late, 9 out of 10 shows started around 11-11:20pm only 40 min after the last opening act, but it was that one show that started after midnight that everyone made a big deal out of. Also, Slash never made an effort to understand if there was a real ligitimate reason about the shows that did start late. Instead, he made it sound like (and has said it) that Axl was doing it on purpose because he was seeing himself as the "king" of this organization and therefore everyone would comply with his whims, or because he thought he was building anticipation among the fans that way.

Gnr is/was known for going on late and sometimes not showing up. You can crunch the numbers all you want...when the general public knows that your band is prone to go on late than its an issue. GNr have played a zillion shows. Of course they showed up to more than 50% of them.

Stop trying to sugar coat Axl going on late. It is what it is. SLash never made an effort to undertsand Axl going on late? I must have missed something...did he quit the band because of this at any point?

And so, these great original members, the outstanding contributers to the greatest albums of rock music went on to do their own thing with other musicians only to decimate their own careers and bring even more harm and embarrassment to the GN'R legacy.
what a lame comment

That book, heavily focused on the GN'R years,
I nominate this for dumbest statement ever made in the history of this site.

Slash was a main member of one of rocks biggest bands. To discredit that is insane. And to say that his accounts of his life heavily focus on that period, well,...... rofl

Im not the biggest Slash fan in terms of how he has handled things but to discredit his role in gnr is insane. you take the cake for ultimate fanboy for 2008. congrats

OKAAY-lets put a true test on this,Sound good? IF Jarmo's true point of view reflects the feelings of the GNR camp, yeah-he knows what I am talking about....then it's REAL SIMPLE...Let's have an OFFICIAL STATEMENT backing up everything in this thread,and giving Jarmo some support in his "point of view"...that would do a LOT to make a confirmed believer out of me..which right now,under the circumstances I has my doubts!

Direct challenge.....don't bother calling me innane names to defend yourself-I want the proof in the pudding...or I'm gonna remain suspicious that you are just trying to score points by doing this, so grab real hard to reality and TRY to make this happen! MMMMKAY?

Peace! crying
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #227 on: January 11, 2008, 02:01:03 PM »

OKAAY-lets put a true test on this,Sound good? IF Jarmo's true point of view reflects the feelings of the GNR camp, yeah-he knows what I am talking about....then it's REAL SIMPLE...Let's have an OFFICIAL STATEMENT backing up everything in this thread,and giving Jarmo some support in his "point of view"...that would do a LOT to make a confirmed believer out of me..which right now,under the circumstances I has my doubts!

Direct challenge.....don't bother calling me innane names to defend yourself-I want the proof in the pudding...or I'm gonna remain suspicious that you are just trying to score points by doing this, so grab real hard to reality and TRY to make this happen! MMMMKAY?

Peace! crying
You've got to be fuckin kidding.? You're challenging the GNR camp to comment on Slash's Book??? Roll Eyes

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
November-Blues
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #228 on: January 11, 2008, 02:18:54 PM »

Nope.........no door prize.......I asked for OFFICIAL recognition for the attitude prevailant with the admin on this board...he has absolutely nothing OFFICIAL to back him up on his very biased opinion, so I think he is just trying to score points with "certain" people...prove me wrong! Otherwise I am going to think it's just his opinion and his alone...........

no vile names or double talking jive is necessary, I just want the absolute truth

NOW do we understand each other?

peace

and another way-the-hell out in left field, why is this board not official......?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 02:21:16 PM by November-Blues » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #229 on: January 11, 2008, 02:30:14 PM »

That's my point! Thanks for agreeing finally! Who gives a shit that someone's name was spelled wrong! The point of the book was not about spelling someone's name correctly, just like the when people post here and have a spelling error in their posts! We know what they are talking about and don't say everything they post is a lie.

Now, if you had taken a deep breath and actually read some of what has been said, you'd know that the typos and such aren't why some of us think Slash is being a dishonest person.

Cheesy

I thought I had explained this point over and over again.

Yet the "he spelled Dave's name wrong and you say he's a liar because of that" shit appears again and again.... I don't know why. Is it because you chose to ignore everything explained or is it because you just told yourself that?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #230 on: January 11, 2008, 02:30:38 PM »

NOW do we understand each other?

peace

and another way-the-hell out in left field, why is this board not official......?
Oh.? NOW I understand!!!? You're jealous of how successful this site and board is despite the fact that the admin and mods don't back down when challenged on their opinions and rules!!!? ok

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #231 on: January 11, 2008, 02:45:49 PM »

Or to say it in scandinavian: Du m? inte la siten? g? til helvete nu n?r du har kommat s? langt p? veg min venn!? But just consider my words if you are able to and I hope that this negativity will end soon, because Im fucking fed up with it!

There's no such language as "scandinavian". That looks a fair bit like Norwegian to me. If Jarmo's profile thing is correct, he lives in Sweden. If we take a giant leap and assume he is Swedish, you would want to say something like "L?t inte den h?r sajten g? ?t helvete nu n?r du har kommit s? l?ngt, min v?n." Swedish is not my first language, so I'm not 100% sure this is correct.

Lesson over. Back to the pointless bashing now.
November-Blues
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #232 on: January 11, 2008, 02:49:15 PM »

Nope, I'm simply asking for OFFICIAL information that backs up your rather biased "opinions"

Does GNR themselves support this opinion? Or is it simply a way to score points within the circle?

Inquiring minds want to know-this post is not hard to understand,so stop trying to twist my words and turn this around.

All I am asking for is OFFICIAL information, and I am doing it politely. This should NOT be hard to do IF the band actually supports

this forum's point of view.

Thanks,peace!
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #233 on: January 11, 2008, 02:53:48 PM »

All I am asking for is OFFICIAL information, and I am doing it politely. This should NOT be hard to do IF the band actually supports

this forum's point of view.

Thanks,peace!
So you ARE challenging the GNR camp to comment on Slash's book. lmao?

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #234 on: January 11, 2008, 02:57:35 PM »

why is this board not official......?
Grin Lips Sealed

Does GNR themselves support this opinion?
I have heard that Axl has read the book and does not have any major problem with it.

As for the official information/opinion stuff.....

I think its safe to say that there really isnt an official gnr message board. This is certaintly the best of the bunch but by no means is it official or express the views of GNR. The atmosphere around here makes me believe that even more and more over the past yr or 2. But thats just me.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #235 on: January 11, 2008, 03:00:04 PM »

Unless otherwise noted, I'm speaking on behalf of myself and nobody else.

Just like most people, I base my opinions on what I've experienced, read, learned, heard, seen etc.  ok

I wouldn't hold my breath for a comment on gunsnroses.com regarding this book.

I have heard that Axl has read the book and does not have any major problem with it.

Oh really?

Are you 100% sure that's what you heard?

I mean, God forbid if the truth actually is: You heard that Slash ASSUMES that's the case because Axl has not commented at all?

Could that be closer to the truth?

/jarmo

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #236 on: January 11, 2008, 03:03:45 PM »

Are you 100% sure that's what you heard?
yes

I mean, God forbid if the truth actually is: You heard that Slash ASSUMES that's the case because Axl has not commented at all?

Could that be closer to the truth?

I wasnt referring to Slashs quote. I didnt even know Slash said that until I read this thread. I heard it from somewhere else...
So to answer your question....no, thats not close to the truth at all

« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 03:09:17 PM by younggunner » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #237 on: January 11, 2008, 03:12:04 PM »

I wasnt referring to Slashs quote. I didnt even know Slash said that until I read this thread. I heard it from somewhere else...
So to answer your question....no, thats not close to the truth at all

Care to enlighten us?

/jarmo

November-Blues
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #238 on: January 11, 2008, 03:15:59 PM »

Obviously Gypsy soul isn't answering my question, or is unable to.......like it or not Young Gunner makes sense.

I was simply asking in a very nice.polite was whether the opinions expressed here are that of the forum (admin) or whether someone gave the go-ahead with this method of thinking,someone OFFICIAL..if you get my drift.

I personally haven't heard the GNR camp or anybody within it's hollowed borders to either react to this forum's attitude or acknowledge whether they are even in agreement with it or not. I'm just another curious camper in this forest of mystery....

BUT, I do appreciate you admitting that it was your opinion and your opinion alone,that meshes with the information I have..to date.....in my small frame of reference.

Peace!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #239 on: January 11, 2008, 03:18:00 PM »

Care to enlighten us?
not really. Its something I heard. Dont know much about. I have no reason to doubt the person who told me.

Its not really groundbreaking anyway. I would have guessed Axl didnt have a problem with the book either. Its a solid book and is a must read for all GNR fans. Im sure he disagrees with some stuff in there. But overall any GNR fan should take the time and read it.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 03:20:30 PM by younggunner » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: