Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 03:11:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Comments On Book Signing Tour
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Comments On Book Signing Tour  (Read 97365 times)
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #200 on: January 10, 2008, 10:56:18 PM »

Also, Slash never made an effort to understand if there was a real ligitimate reason about the shows that did start late.

And what might that reason be?

But if Axl wasn't there to direct him and make him do it the way it would actually turn out great, then nothing would've...

So basically, Slash needs Axl to direct his solos? Right.

If your post didn't read like a typical Axl fan boy's post, It just might (just a little) have been possible to take it seriously.

Fuck 'Em All.
robertjohn
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #201 on: January 10, 2008, 11:03:41 PM »

Also, Slash never made an effort to understand if there was a real ligitimate reason about the shows that did start late.

And what might that reason be?

But if Axl wasn't there to direct him and make him do it the way it would actually turn out great, then nothing would've...

If your post didn't read like a typical Axl fan boy's post, It just might (just a little) have been possible to take it seriously.

im a 100% axl person, but seriously....like slash didnt write the music for a ton of the songs and compose his guitar work...come on.....When they were together, they were BOTH great!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #202 on: January 10, 2008, 11:04:54 PM »

You'd have to be a Slash fanboy to not at least agree to some extent that at the very least, Axl was insturmental in pushing Slash to play some epic shit.    The solos in November Rain and Estranged..  not one solo he's done since the Illusions even comes close to what he did there.. nothing.    I'd say Axl played a huge role in that considering these guitar parts were on HIS songs.. songs that meant a lot to him personally.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #203 on: January 10, 2008, 11:10:23 PM »

You'd have to be a Slash fanboy to not at least agree to some extent that at the very least, Axl was insturmental in pushing Slash to play some epic shit.    The solos in November Rain and Estranged..  not one solo he's done since the Illusions even comes close to what he did there.. nothing.    I'd say Axl played a huge role in that considering these guitar parts were on HIS songs.. songs that meant a lot to him personally.

No, I never said Axl had no influence on Slash's work. They have a chemistry together which simply cannot be reproduced. Having said that, under no circumstances can you attribute any credit for Slash's solos to Axl. Did Axl push Slash to work harder on those songs? Yes, possibly. Nothing more.

Fuck 'Em All.
robertjohn
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #204 on: January 10, 2008, 11:18:30 PM »

You'd have to be a Slash fanboy to not at least agree to some extent that at the very least, Axl was insturmental in pushing Slash to play some epic shit.? ? The solos in November Rain and Estranged..? not one solo he's done since the Illusions even comes close to what he did there.. nothing.? ? I'd say Axl played a huge role in that considering these guitar parts were on HIS songs.. songs that meant a lot to him personally.

Absolutely agree with that one! Ax was the leader, no doubt...he did push slash to amazing heights, no doubt! But they were a team and played off of one another just perfectly. Oh, but Slash wrote that Estranged Solo so give him some props. I mean even Ax did. Go check the notes in the"Illusions" booklet...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #205 on: January 10, 2008, 11:24:38 PM »

You'd have to be a Slash fanboy to not at least agree to some extent that at the very least, Axl was insturmental in pushing Slash to play some epic shit.? ? The solos in November Rain and Estranged..? not one solo he's done since the Illusions even comes close to what he did there.. nothing.? ? I'd say Axl played a huge role in that considering these guitar parts were on HIS songs.. songs that meant a lot to him personally.

Jim Bob, I have often wondered about this too!  (I do think Serial Killer Solo is pretty epic).  But anyway, in 1987 and 1991 our world was full of full fledged guitar heroes.  You had John Sykes, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, EVH all out there.  I think Slash was driven by his peers to be his best.  In today's world, we don't have guitar driven rock nearly as much though it is making a come back.  Its almost like Slash has dumbed down his playing on certain songs.  In Suckertrain Blues he plays like Appetite, in Get Out the Door, though a cool solo, he mailed that one in.  Slash is the last guitar hero and he knows it.  He may not be as hungry as he once was at Appetite and UYI and he had more time constraints to record the VR albums.  I think the solo in You Got No Right is very beautiful and the guitar melody in Messages rivals Estranged.

As far as Axl's piano songs that Slash converted to rock tunes, I think he is undervalued here and Axl loves what Slash did with those songs adding solos, fills and bridges to piano pieces.

I agree with Genesis that Axl and Slash brought out the best in each other.

Falcon, you can lock this thread now.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 11:27:23 PM by Smoking Guns » Logged
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #206 on: January 10, 2008, 11:32:50 PM »

thats a great post.? ?it sums up a lot of my thoughts better than I could put into words.

I still can't believe Slash is claiming he was down for doing whatever Axl wanted to do (i.e. industrial) before he left the band.? ?theres countless interviews in the past where he always claimed it was musical direction.

I'm practicing for an Analysis of an Issue/Argument essays writing on an upcoming exam.... peace
Need to be convincing.

On a side note, I do believe everything I said. And I mostly mentioned Slash of the original members that left because this is his thread. But generally I won't be politically correct, like alot of people in light of the 2006 events, and could easily trash Izzy as well (although he has tons more integrity than Slash). However, let's not right now.

The bottom line is that there was one man, one visionary, one genious. And all the rest were just (perfect at the time) supporting actors or complementary (but not irreplacable) pieces. I am sorry to say this but people who fail to see that must be pretty shallow.

All that said, I don't think Axl is a saint. But then again, he never claimed to be one. And then again, which genious is? Yes, Axl is a complex and complicated individual with his own biological clock and strongly customized unique process. Yes, I too (like many others) have at times felt frustrated or sad about how certain things have turned out, subconsciously thinking that he had had the control or ability to make them better. ?Whether he did, probably we'll never know.

Being a GN'R fan is not easy. It is a complicated, agonizing, intense, and extraordinary experience that could bring one both harm and charm.

But you know what? At the end of the day maybe it's worth all the sacrifices... at least for the loyal fans (and for the band members for that matter).

The music of GN'R, the deep lyrics of Axl, and his magical presence on stage have saved my life on a number of occasions when nothing else could. They have made me a better person at what I am, what I do, and how I view life and deal with its ups and down.

Regardless of the implications, if there is one thing I will never regret doing in my lifetime, it is that I became a GN'R and Axl fan....

peace

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #207 on: January 10, 2008, 11:53:05 PM »

SLASH: 'MY BOOK DOESN'T ENCOURAGE DRUG ABUSE'

News Network (www.wenn.com)
2008-01-10 23:11:04 -

Rocker SLASH has dismissed claims his new autobiography glamourises hard drugs - insisting he heard far worse stories about drug abuse but still became an addict.

The former Guns 'N Roses star, who now plays in Velvet Revolver, details his battles with heroin and alcohol in his book Slash.
But the now-sober 42-year-old isn't worried his book will encourage younger fans to start taking drugs.
He says, "I've been told more explicit, negative stuff about drugs (than is in my book) and I still did them. If you're smart, you'll see where it (the book) starts and where it ends up and you'll go, 'It seems like a pain in the ass.' "At the same time, there was a lot of fun. I don't have any regrets about it."

Actually, apart from everything else mentioned above, this book can be easily viewed as the Perfect Guide of an Aspiring Drug Addict.

Way to go (rolemodel) Slash  ok

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
robertjohn
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #208 on: January 10, 2008, 11:57:30 PM »

For example, Axl was the last one to sign off on the firing of Steven, Axl did everything possible to keep Izzy in the band, Axl never chased anyone away from the band unless they were not physically capable to play any more or unless they were looking to get fired (Matt, Guilby?).

Just to point out how meaningless that error in slash's thread is, I found what someone wrote about an error and I will quote:

" Several pages: Slash's current band mate in VR, Dave Kushner, is referred to as Dave Kirscher in several places in the book."

/jarmo

Just like this poster spelled Gilby's name , "Guilby." Who the hell cares! We know who Gilby is and we know who Dave is. So, now everything that "Leatherebel" says is an error and can't be trusted. That is very foolish, is it not?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 11:59:29 PM by robertjohn » Logged
williambailey
Rocker

"Axl is just another version of the Ayatollah"

« Reply #209 on: January 11, 2008, 01:46:43 AM »

I think it can be safely assumed that Axl and the people that care about him are not super happy about the book.

Call me paranoid if you want but this book is an implicit anti-Axl propaganda. ?The most important part of the book, also reiteraited in the concluding chapter, is about the GN'R break-up and what led to it. And if you haven't noticed Axl is blamed for everything. From having original members leave, to bringing in new people, to constantly going on late, to causing riots, to aquiring the name and sole power in the band, you name it....Most of this, of course, is either lies, or if not has some sort of reasonable explanation that Slash failed to see.

For example, Axl was the last one to sign off on the firing of Steven, Axl did everything possible to keep Izzy in the band, Axl never chased anyone away from the band unless they were not physically capable to play any more or unless they were looking to get fired (Matt, Guilby?).

Another example: Slash makes a big deal of that "constant" going on late, when in fact it wasn't even that "constant". If you trace the history, even during the illusions tour probably more than 50% of the shows started about right on time. Hell, in 2006 when there were so many complaints about that going on late, 9 out of 10 shows started around 11-11:20pm only 40 min after the last opening act, but it was that one show that started after midnight that everyone made a big deal out of. Also, Slash never made an effort to understand if there was a real ligitimate reason about the shows that did start late. Instead, he made it sound like (and has said it) that Axl was doing it on purpose because he was seeing himself as the "king" of this organization and therefore everyone would comply with his whims, or because he thought he was building anticipation among the fans that way.

In the same fashion, one can go on and argue that none of the things Slash accused Axl about the break-up were actually legitimate reasons, but more like a convenient way for former band members to leave and accuse Axl of everything. I mean, no wonder they caused so much trouble and mess to the GN'R organization in the mid 90s, getting out of which took over a decade.

And so, these great original members, the outstanding contributers to the greatest albums of rock music went on to do their own thing with other musicians only to decimate their own careers and bring even more harm and embarrassment to the GN'R legacy. I mean, when the 4 post GN'R albums made by Slash collectively can't even compare to one unfinished demo off of CD, and VR or Snakepit has always AFD covers as their biggest numbers in their shows, then it makes you wonder who was actually responsible for the greatness that AFD and Illusions were. Yes, Slash wrote this famous solo and that legendary solo. But if Axl wasn't there to direct him and make him do it the way it would actually turn out great, then nothing would've happened. Point me to one famous Slash solo off of his 4 post GN'R albums! He doesn't have one. And never will again. Unless he hooks up with a genious again that will drive him.

The Slash of the post GN'R era is just a mediocre musician (and sadly a lier - intentional or not) who still lives off the GN'R name and fame. That book, heavily focused on the GN'R years, is yet another way to capitalize on it. I bet he made tons more money off this book than off Libertad sales or the VR recent tour.

Your post cracks me up - you truly belive this?.? Wow, I'm a little stunned.

Slash's book set the record straight on what he was thinking and feeling about certain events and incidents that ultiimately led him to make the decisions that he did.? There are other parts of the book where he has got things wrong, probably being drugged fucked didn't help him remember things very well, so these are unintentional.? But I am also under no illusions that there are a couple of incidents that he describes in the book which are totally inaccurate.? These are inaccurate not because he had a hazy memory from drugs, I believe he remembers them damn well - but instead he has made the conscious decision to tell them differently - lie.

I'm realistic and open to the fact that the guy is flawed and I belive that he did lie about a couple of things in his book.? I'm looking at the guy objectively - why can't you?

Now having said that, your post I find to be completely biased, blinkered and naiive.

I totally disagree that the book is an implicit anti-Axl propoganda.? I don't believe Slash sat down and decided to write a book simply so he could hang shit on Axl.? Yeah he relays some things Axl did that don't paint the guy in the best light (eg. never knowing if or when he would turn up for rehursals etc), but he is also extremely complimentary to him at times.? If Slash wanted anti-Axl propganda then he could have really gone to town on him but he didn't.? Therefore I belive your assessment of the book is incorrect.

There are so many outrageous claims in your post I don't know where to start.

To suggest that Slash only played good guitar because Axl told him to play a certain way is a complete joke!? I also think you underestimate Izzy's whole song writing ability too - it wasn't simply Axl by himself that was the reason they made good music, Izzy helped to write and bring just as much ability out of Slash.? Oh and I think Slash brought just a little bit of talent to the table on his own as well.

You call Slash a liar about saying Axl tried to control things and seeing himself as "king" of the organisation as you put it.? Here is a quote from an interview with Axl in 2002:

"Slash chose not to be here over control issues. Now people can say ?Well Axl, you?re after control of the band too.? You?re damn skippy. That?s right. I am the one held responsible since day one". -

Hmmm - that would imply that Slash is telling the truth about having no say in a lot of things and being dictated to with Axl trying to control everything.? Your point on this issue sounds a little silly with that quote from Axl in mind?

I also like your statement about the former members bringing harm and embarassment to the GN'R legacy.? Anything they have done pales into insiginifcance when compared against the long suffering joke called "Chinese Democracy".? Yes the music I have heard sounds great and I am sure it will be and I can't wait until it's finally released - but you can't deny that to Joe Average on the street Chinese Democracy is purely seen as a joke.?

Another point where you have a crack at Slash for writing a book and capitalising on the GN'R name.  Gimme a break how hypocritical do you wanna be.  There are quite a few "employees" currently in GN'R that have made money off "The GN'R name and legacy" over the last couple of years that had no hand in the creation of that legacy and have yet to officially add to that legacy yet either.? Yet you have a crack at Slash for writing a book and capitalizing on something he created!  Undecided 

Let me make it clear I don't blame the current band members for touring and I really hope for their sake the album comes out soon and they are rewarded for all their hard work, but I simply use this as an easy examply to discredit an absolutely pathetic attempt to put Slash down for his book.

There are plenty of other things in your post but I can't be bothered reponding to them all.? I have an objective view of Slash and his events of what happened why can't you do the same?? Is it that hard to believe that some of the bad stuff he said about Axl might actually be true?? Axl is a human being he's not perfect - I don't expect him to be - everything Slash said that might be considered bad about Axl is not necessarily incorrect.? Is it that hard to entertain the possibilty?? I know I entertain the possiblity that everything Slash says is not correct either.

I am not a Slash apologist nor am I an Axlite, I try and be objective as possible.  But for you it seems totally oversimplified - "Slash bad" - "Axl good"
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 03:30:48 AM by williambailey » Logged
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #210 on: January 11, 2008, 01:59:44 AM »

Just to point out how meaningless that error in slash's thread is, I found what someone wrote about an error and I will quote:

" Several pages: Slash's current band mate in VR, Dave Kushner, is referred to as Dave Kirscher in several places in the book."

/jarmo

Just like this poster spelled Gilby's name , "Guilby." Who the hell cares! We know who Gilby is and we know who Dave is. So, now everything that "Leatherebel" says is an error and can't be trusted. That is very foolish, is it not?

Are you comparing Slash getting Dave Kushner's name wrong in his book with Leatherebel getting Gilby's name wrong in his post?  confused

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #211 on: January 11, 2008, 02:14:31 AM »

was trying to make you see that you can be good and behave for a long time, but then fuck up
An opinion on a forum and driving home drunk are two completely different things. Behavior is not related to an opinion. An opinion is an opinion. A different opinion does not mean a person "fucks up".

Your fuck up comment right there shows how you view differing opinions. Like a different opinion doesnt follow your rules....they "fucked up"

nice try though....

Did I specify that I meant "only recently" or "only post negative stuff for years and years"?

If you understood my analogy, which you didn't, you'd see what I meant.

But if a person only logs in to post negative posts and complaints, then my initial reaction is that the person doesn't really seem to have a lot of nice things going on in his/her life.

Again, I dont only log in and post negative stuff. If you need proof on that browse through my 3000 posts
And more importantly...if a person posts negative stuff about a topic doesnt mean they have no life or not a lot of nice things goin on.

I dont have time to disect what you might mean. You used the world only. So I read the sentence as is. But you can change that statement now if you would like.
As I said, integrity.
Again, integrity doesnt mean being a bands yes person.
You throw that word around way too much. Integrity is having a belief in something and standing by it. I believe certain things GNR do are wrong or dont make much sense. That doesnt mean I lack integrity or am not a fan of the band.

You fail to realize that..so again...we will have to agree to disagree

I think it can be safely assumed that Axl and the people that care about him are not super happy about the book.

Dont be so sure about that. In fact, I have heard that Axl has read the book and doesnt have any major problems with it.

Where to begin with this long, comical post regarding Slashs book. And I thought JimBob took the cake.

Call me paranoid if you want but this book is an implicit anti-Axl propaganda. ?The most important part of the book, also reiteraited in the concluding chapter, is about the GN'R break-up and what led to it.
No, that is what you deemed the most important part of the book. Do you think Slash viewed that as the most important part of the book or the main reason why he wrote the book?

Dont get me wrong...everyone wants to read what Slash has to say in regards to Axl and the breakup. That is certainly the most intriguing part of the book. But to state that its the most important and sole reason why anyone read the book is insane.

And if you haven't noticed Axl is blamed for everything. From having original members leave, to bringing in new people, to constantly going on late, to causing riots, to aquiring the name and sole power in the band, you name it....Most of this, of course, is either lies, or if not has some sort of reasonable explanation that Slash failed to see.

yikes! Did you even read the book?

Another example: Slash makes a big deal of that "constant" going on late, when in fact it wasn't even that "constant". If you trace the history, even during the illusions tour probably more than 50% of the shows started about right on time. Hell, in 2006 when there were so many complaints about that going on late, 9 out of 10 shows started around 11-11:20pm only 40 min after the last opening act, but it was that one show that started after midnight that everyone made a big deal out of. Also, Slash never made an effort to understand if there was a real ligitimate reason about the shows that did start late. Instead, he made it sound like (and has said it) that Axl was doing it on purpose because he was seeing himself as the "king" of this organization and therefore everyone would comply with his whims, or because he thought he was building anticipation among the fans that way.

Gnr is/was known for going on late and sometimes not showing up. You can crunch the numbers all you want...when the general public knows that your band is prone to go on late than its an issue. GNr have played a zillion shows. Of course they showed up to more than 50% of them.

Stop trying to sugar coat Axl going on late. It is what it is. SLash never made an effort to undertsand Axl going on late? I must have missed something...did he quit the band because of this at any point?

And so, these great original members, the outstanding contributers to the greatest albums of rock music went on to do their own thing with other musicians only to decimate their own careers and bring even more harm and embarrassment to the GN'R legacy.
what a lame comment

That book, heavily focused on the GN'R years,
I nominate this for dumbest statement ever made in the history of this site.

Slash was a main member of one of rocks biggest bands. To discredit that is insane. And to say that his accounts of his life heavily focus on that period, well,...... rofl

Im not the biggest Slash fan in terms of how he has handled things but to discredit his role in gnr is insane. you take the cake for ultimate fanboy for 2008. congrats

« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 02:39:29 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #212 on: January 11, 2008, 03:56:22 AM »

Its starting to be sad in here, with so much Slash-hating going on... I mean are some of you afraid of him because he is as famous as Axl to the world, and he is the only one who has ever been in the band to reach that status, that iconic legend status that most celebrities never reach? I think most of the fanbase would rather have Slash in GnR than anyone else, and I mean anyone, the majority of the fans ( the 8471 members in here is like a drop in the sea of fans) would rather have Slash as the guitarist than Buckethead, BumbleFoot, Richard, Paul, fuck they would prefer him over Van Halen or Steve Vai as well, because Slash was for a lot of people GnR just as much as Axl. Im not saying this to piss you off, but it is true and you know it, and I wonder if thats why some of the posters here write so much shit about him. Dont feel threatned by his popularity guys? I have never included my self in the bullshit in here with writing shit about Axl because I love him, I fucking do, Im a huge fan of him sice 88 and always will be. I prefer the lineups that included Slash from 85 to 96, where 80% of all GnR action happened, and 100% of their hits got released to date, and I was bummed out when he left and I knew that without eachothers Axl & Slash would never reach as far musical and popularity wise ever again, and I bet all my GnR albums that they never will. They can release great and good and cool songs both of them, but I bet you all that CD will not hit the mainstream anywhere near AFD or the UYI albums and I bet you VR never will either. I hope that they one day realize this and decide to do something about this, but life goes on even if they dont. I will fallow what both of them do and I always have ,but I think that the bitterness and picking on former members in here, while praising who ever is in the current lineup like they were messengers of God is kind of strange... I get it Jarmo, we can only talk shit (even if its true or not) about members who is out of GnR , and we must never do that to the ones who is not out (yet) of GnR. I bet you that some of the current members will be out between now and 2010, so we must hold all our negativity towards them until then.. right?? But meanwhile: Lets bash on Slash!!  ok That should be the new name on this thread by the way: Bash on Slash ! rofl

Anyway, Ive been a heavy follower of this board for many years now, and I have enjoyed myself a lot in here. I have always respected you Jarmo, and never ever insulted someone, never recived any warnings or bad Karma, or ever gotten into a ugly discussion in here, and that should be easy to prove if anyone dont belive it. But Jarmo, more and more people have complained about this negativ aura that have enbraced this board this past 2 years, and your way of talking and this kind of strange attitude that you have towards a good deal of ppl in here, and I just think its sad to watch.. I hope you will take this constructive critisism to consideration without feeling offended because that is not what I intend with this post. I understand that you may feel tired of repeating yourself about certain rules and stuff, but its kind of weird seeing you falling down to their level in regards of internet ethiquette ?(how do I spell it??)  Its very clear that you dont follow your own rules, like in this thread, you have allowed both yourself and others to drift far away from the topic, but you dont allow it so much in the GnR threads, true or not? You have a great board and a great site, but keep it going up, not down my swedish friend beer Or to say it in scandinavian: Du m? inte la siten  g? til helvete nu n?r du har kommat s? langt p? veg min venn!  But just consider my words if you are able to and I hope that this negativity will end soon, because Im fucking fed up with it!

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #213 on: January 11, 2008, 09:58:27 AM »

Like a different opinion doesnt follow your rules....they "fucked up"

Oh my... Talk about taking things out of context.

No, a different opinion isn't fucking up. Breaking the rules is.

Do you get it now?

How many different ways can I spell it out for you?

But if a person only logs in to post negative posts and complaints, then my initial reaction is that the person doesn't really seem to have a lot of nice things going on in his/her life.

Again, I dont only log in and post negative stuff. If you need proof on that browse through my 3000 posts
And more importantly...if a person posts negative stuff about a topic doesnt mean they have no life or not a lot of nice things goin on.

Well, that's the experience I have with certain people.

Again, integrity doesnt mean being a bands yes person.

Ah, trying to insult me again. A nicer phrase for nutswinger and asskisser.

You throw that word around way too much. Integrity is having a belief in something and standing by it.

So, are you saying I change my opinion just because you and your buddies make fun of me?

I believe certain things GNR do are wrong or dont make much sense. That doesnt mean I lack integrity or am not a fan of the band.

Since you're a person of integrity, I assume you stand behind everything you have said and would have no problems telling the people your comments were aimed at the same things in person.

Hold up...you "just choose to try to help out bringing a truthful version of public events." That's hilarious! Who are you to portray yourself to the general public as the be all, end all of correct opinions!

Did I say I was?

No I didn't.

I said I chose to use my voice (one of many on this planet) for something I believe in. For something I think is a good thing.

I never claimed my voice was the only one or better than anybody else's.

That's just something a bunch of people have made up so they can have another reason to attack me.

If just once you people would read what I said instead of assuming that I said something things would be easier for all of us.

rofl rofl rofl rofl

You call that integrity?

I call it insulting!!!

Oh really?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 10:09:05 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #214 on: January 11, 2008, 10:05:26 AM »

Talk about grasping at straws here.... 

Just because I pointed out an insignificant error, it must mean the whole point that the book isn't accurate is invalid.  rofl

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #215 on: January 11, 2008, 10:21:01 AM »

Lock this thread, Lock this thread, Lock this thread,Lock this thread, Lock this thread, Lock this thread,Lock this thread, Lock this thread, Lock this thread,Lock this thread, Lock this thread, Lock this thread,Lock this thread, Lock this thread, Lock this thread,Lock this thread, Lock this thread, Lock this thread,Lock this thread, Lock this thread, Lock this thread,Lock this thread, Lock this thread, Lock this thread, 90% of board are fans of both, yet 100% of anti Slash hangs out in VR section.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #216 on: January 11, 2008, 10:24:10 AM »

I think it's amusing how I have to constantly defend myself. Just because I chose to post about Slash there's a bunch of people who think I shouldn't and are trying to silence me.

They don't care if Slash says things that aren't true, but they care if I point it out.

That's just amazing!

When will they start addressing the issues instead? Oh wait, they don't care about them.. It's just about me.  rofl

/jarmo

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #217 on: January 11, 2008, 11:21:48 AM »

No, a different opinion isn't fucking up. Breaking the rules is.
You compared someone who followed the rules but then messed up and drove drunk and then said they fucked up.

Your associating driving drunk with the person who has a negative opinion....so again, with your logic, the person who might have been good over a long period of time(positive posts) has now fucked up because they drove drunk(negative posts)

A differing opinion is not fucking up. So stop using this comparison.

Breaking rules is one thing, a differing opinion is another.

So, are you saying I change my opinion just because you and your buddies make fun of me?
No, what Im saying is that integrity has nothing to do with forming an opinion. We both have different opinions on some of the things axl/gnr does. Doesnt mean we both dont have integrity.

Since you're a person of integrity, I assume you stand behind everything you have said and would have no problems telling the people your comments were aimed at the same things in person.
Absolutely. If I was fortunate enough to meet Axl or run into Axl in some kind of non concert setting and I was able to have a descent convo with him that hes known to have with people/fans I would def bring it up.

I would try to gather certain facts as we conversed and then I would offer my negative points if the info he gave doesnt alter them.

I wouldnt berade him with negativity. It would be a convo. I dont think a lot of people around here give Axl enough credit. Hes a big boy and I think he can hadle differing opinions on certain things.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 11:25:19 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #218 on: January 11, 2008, 11:25:15 AM »

Jarmo, don't respond, Jarmo, don't respond, Jarmo, don't respond, Jarmo, don't respond, Jarmo, don't respond, Jarmo, don't respond, Jarmo, don't respond, Jarmo, don't respond, Jarmo, don't respond, Jarmo, don't respond, Jarmo, don't respond, Jarmo, don't respond, Jarmo, don't respond, Jarmo, don't respond, Jarmo, don't respond, Jarmo, don't respond,

Younggunner, drop it.  Lets all hold hands. Be happy while Falcon locks this thread.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #219 on: January 11, 2008, 11:42:11 AM »

Jarmo, don't respond, Jarmo, don't respond, Jarmo, don't respond, Jarmo, don't respond, Jarmo, don't respond, Jarmo, don't respond, Jarmo, don't respond, Jarmo, don't respond, Jarmo, don't respond, Jarmo, don't respond, Jarmo, don't respond, Jarmo, don't respond, Jarmo, don't respond, Jarmo, don't respond, Jarmo, don't respond, Jarmo, don't respond,

Younggunner, drop it.  Lets all hold hands. Be happy while Falcon locks this thread.

It's funny how certain people don't understand the concept of an analogy.

If you believe all these people who oppose my posts, I have compared VR fans to nazis and people who have different opinions to drunk drivers.

A different opinion is not fucking up. Driving drunk after behaving for ten years is fucking up. Posting insults after behaving for two years just because you disagree with someone is fucking up.

Read it again and again until you see the difference in what you are saying and what I'm actually saying.

It's common sense.

For everybody except the people who oppose me. They think it's their right to decide what I meant with my own words.  Talk about taking things out of context. hihi

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: