Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 03:57:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228137 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Comments On Book Signing Tour
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Comments On Book Signing Tour  (Read 97221 times)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #180 on: January 10, 2008, 07:12:23 PM »

Jarmo, I must say, you are very organinzed in your breakdown and responses.  I like how you attack your answers weather I always agree or not.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #181 on: January 10, 2008, 07:59:44 PM »

So, you drive a car for ten years and then get drunk one night and drive home. It shouldn't matter because you've been good all that time?

I'm sorry, but it doesn't work like that for me.

In your case, it worked in your favor... So....

only you can compare drunk driving to posting on a forum. well done.

Your the one who said if a person only posts negative stuff.

I argued that by saying that the great majority of what I post is far from negative. Therefore, I do not post only negative stuff. You were clearly implying that along with me having nothing going on in my life.Which again, is shoddy logic.

Nice of you to try to insult me again. Keep it up.

I don't care if you think I'm sad, I don't care if you think I'm a "nutswinger". At the end of the day, I know that I did and said what I believed in.

It's called integrity.?

But I guess you have a different definition of that word as well.....

If you have any more issues with which one of your buddies I banned and why, please use the right section.?
I didnt insult you. I just used your logic. Stop being sensitive. If I were to use your logic on how to judge someones life then I can easily make that statement. I never said I agreed with your logic.

Im not even arguing about who you banned. I said what I had to say about that in the first post I made in this thread.?

We have discussed this topic a zillion times. We both disagree on it. You have your idea of fan support of a band and I have mine. We will have to agree to disagree

« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 08:02:36 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
spaghetti_incident
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #182 on: January 10, 2008, 08:08:37 PM »

What I am dying to find out is if Slash puts out an "Error and Omissions" book clarifying all the wrong dates and such will Jarmo still think he's a liar?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #183 on: January 10, 2008, 08:17:42 PM »

only you can compare drunk driving to posting on a forum. well done.

I wasn't comparing.

I was trying to make you see that you can be good and behave for a long time, but then fuck up.

I argued that by saying that the great majority of what I post is far from negative. Therefore, I do not post only negative stuff. You were clearly implying that along with me having nothing going on in my life.Which again, is shoddy logic.

Did I specify that I meant "only recently" or "only post negative stuff for years and years"?

If you understood my analogy, which you didn't, you'd see what I meant.

I didnt insult you. I just used your logic.

No, believe me you didn't.

Stop being sensitive. If I were to use your logic on how to judge someones life then I can easily make that statement. I never said I agreed with your logic.

I'm sensitive now?

Oh right......

I just called you out on yet another insult from you, which you try to joke away like it never happened.

As long as you keep your buddies happy I guess.....

You called me a name, I didn't call you anything. There's a difference.

You have your idea of fan support of a band and I have mine. We will have to agree to disagree

As I said, integrity.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #184 on: January 10, 2008, 08:23:35 PM »

What I am dying to find out is if Slash puts out an "Error and Omissions" book clarifying all the wrong dates and such will Jarmo still think he's a liar?

Slash said on the Kimmel show last night that he would NOT write another book.  So if he DID write an "error and omissions" book then that would be just one more thing Slash lied about.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
spaghetti_incident
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #185 on: January 10, 2008, 08:24:54 PM »

Why delete my post?  I asked a valid question and you aren't able to answer it when you have answers for everyone else?

Just answer the question.  If Slash puts out a revised book will you still think he is a liar?
robertjohn
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #186 on: January 10, 2008, 08:26:26 PM »

based upon what i have read in his responses, he would say something like this: "yes , slash is still and always will be a liar. he got caught lying, so he had to admit it because the evidence was so against him. even liars have to admit they are wrong, especially someone like slash."

cc: WAR, Beta, Vanessa, Fern, Del, Baz,Gio, WAR dogs...etc....
spaghetti_incident
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #187 on: January 10, 2008, 08:29:18 PM »

I have another question.  What makes you so sure that Axl is upset with this book?  Maybe he already read it and didn't have an issue with it as he sees that it too was how Slash remembered it to be and I am sure a lot of info was also left out.

Also, how come no one has commented on how Slash praises Axl in the book and defended him against Scott and stump the biker?  How come the positive stuff isn't mentioned?   It's there just as the mix up on his birthday, etc. are.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #188 on: January 10, 2008, 08:32:54 PM »

based upon what i have read in his responses, he would say something like this: "yes , slash is still and always will be a liar. he got caught lying, so he had to admit it because the evidence was so against him. even liars have to admit they are wrong, especially someone like slash."

You are something else.

You think I've called him a liar just because of this book?  Roll Eyes

I have another question.  What makes you so sure that Axl is upset with this book? 

Now, where did I claim that?

Or is it your mind playing tricks on you?

Like, maybe you like to think I did...

Did you ever think that I'm only posting as a fan who doesn't like being told that somebody's setting the record straight while getting a lot of shit wrong....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
williambailey
Rocker

"Axl is just another version of the Ayatollah"

« Reply #189 on: January 10, 2008, 08:35:13 PM »

I have another question.? What makes you so sure that Axl is upset with this book?? Maybe he already read it and didn't have an issue with it as he sees that it too was how Slash remembered it to be and I am sure a lot of info was also left out.

Slash said in an interview recently that a mutual friend had told him that Axl had read the book.
spaghetti_incident
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #190 on: January 10, 2008, 08:41:09 PM »

You are something else.

You think I've called him a liar just because of this book? Roll Eyes

I have another question. What makes you so sure that Axl is upset with this book?

Now, where did I claim that?

Or is it your mind playing tricks on you?

Just calling it like I see it.

Like, maybe you like to think I did...

No, I think and others on here also think that you just have this vendetta against Slash and you still haven't answered my question. ?Will an errors and omission statement from Slash or another revised book change how you feel?

Did you ever think that I'm only posting as a fan who doesn't like being told that somebody's setting the record straight while getting a lot of shit wrong....

/jarmo

Yes and you've cleary got a hang up with this book do you not?  How many times does it need to be said to you that it is how Slash saw it go down.  And again, since you were not there (neither was I) we can both assume a lot of stuff was left out.

You would not let interview Slash gave on saying that Axl has read the book and he was cool with it.    So I draw my conclusion that again you must think Axl didn't like the book and I highly doubt Slash would need Axl to promote his book and if Axl had a problem with the book, we'd have heard about it from the right people because Axl would have had a cease and desist on it or something equivalent

It is Slash.  We all know he's not the most trustworthy guy.  But we also know that going into reading something he puts together and it doesn't bother us to where we obsess about it and start a thread about it. 

Again, if any past or present member were to put a book out about GNR or their life it would contain errors and mistakes.  And given Slash was heavily into substances and alcohol, of course his account isn't going to be taken as verbatim.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 08:44:46 PM by spaghetti_incident » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #191 on: January 10, 2008, 08:51:35 PM »

You would not let me post an interview Slash gave on saying that Axl has read the book and he was cool with it.  You said to me that Slash was using Axl to promote his book sales. 

It's called my opinion.

This is the guy who was gonna stop talking about Axl/GN'R at one point.....

By the way, I don't think Axl has said anything about the book. How you can come to the conclusion that he is cool with it, I don't know...

No, I think and others on here also think that you just have this vendetta against Slash and you still haven't answered my question.  Will an errors and omission statement from Slash or another revised book change how you feel?

I think I answered your question quite well.

He could put out a number of books, I don't think the person behind the books would change over night because they chose to re-print it.

Now, since you like to ask me questions all the time, here's one for you to ignore: When will you condemn Slash for lying to his fans?

It is Slash.  We all know he's not the most trustworthy guy.  But we also know that going into reading something he puts together and it doesn't bother us to where we obsess about it and start a thread about it. 

Sure, you wouldn't.

But would you start a web site for a band because you want to provide as truthful info as possible about them?

Again, if any past or present member were to put a book out about GNR or their life it would contain errors and mistakes.  And given Slash was heavily into substances and alcohol, of course his account isn't going to be taken as verbatim.

Yet the phrase "set the record straight" comes up time after time...

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 08:58:01 PM by jarmo » Logged

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #192 on: January 10, 2008, 09:02:55 PM »

SLASH: 'MY BOOK DOESN'T ENCOURAGE DRUG ABUSE'

News Network (www.wenn.com)
2008-01-10 23:11:04 -

Rocker SLASH has dismissed claims his new autobiography glamourises hard drugs - insisting he heard far worse stories about drug abuse but still became an addict.

The former Guns 'N Roses star, who now plays in Velvet Revolver, details his battles with heroin and alcohol in his book Slash.
But the now-sober 42-year-old isn't worried his book will encourage younger fans to start taking drugs.
He says, "I've been told more explicit, negative stuff about drugs (than is in my book) and I still did them. If you're smart, you'll see where it (the book) starts and where it ends up and you'll go, 'It seems like a pain in the ass.' "At the same time, there was a lot of fun. I don't have any regrets about it."

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
spaghetti_incident
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #193 on: January 10, 2008, 09:07:32 PM »

I am not gonna condem anyone because I don't care. ?I read it for pleasure. ?No book is totally perfect I don't care who it comes from. ?

It's not up to you to set the record straight either. ?

You have no idea if Axl is or if he isn't upset with the book. ?I would tend to formulate an opinion that he isn't upset with it because we all know Axl would have taken action if he were upset with it.

When are you going to bring up the positive points in the book like how Slash praises Axl, sticks up for him a few times, etc. ?Or in your opinion, was he lying then too?

You talk in circles. ?And before you go on your "I get insulted" kick, seriously dude your logic all throughout this thread is very flawed. ?Seriously, take a step back and look at what you are saying. ?I see no integrity coming from you when you devote countless threads about a book from Slash who yes, mixed up some dates and whatnot. ?

A person with integrity would not put Slash down like you do. ?Maybe you can't see it but your tone and inflection come across as someone who is very bitter towards someone they don't even know.

Funny too, how a few years ago, didn't you attend like 5 of VR's london gigs?

Pot Kettle Black. Roll Eyes
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #194 on: January 10, 2008, 09:21:53 PM »

I am not gonna condem anyone because I don't care.  I read it for pleasure. 

I wasn't talking about the book was I?

It's not up to you to set the record straight either.

Let me guess "you were not in the band" or "you're not Slash"?

No, nobody told me to. I just chose to try to help out in bringing a truthful version of events public.

I chose to use my voice for that. What are you using yours for?

You have no idea if Axl is or if he isn't upset with the book.  I would tend to formulate an opinion that he isn't upset with it because we all know Axl would have taken action if he were upset with it.

You're assuming! 

But if I assume, I have no idea.  hihi

When are you going to bring up the positive points in the book like how Slash praises Axl, sticks up for him a few times, etc.  Or in your opinion, was he lying then too?

You really need to get things sorted out.

You can't be talking about me calling him a liar when it's not about the book. He has lied about things that happened outside this whole book thing. Can you understand that?

I see no integrity coming from you when you devote countless threads about a book from Slash who yes, mixed up some dates and whatnot. 

You don't "care" about Slash lying and admitting to lying, but you care about me commenting on it.

That truly makes me feel special.  Embarrassed

A person with integrity would not put Slash down like you do.  Maybe you can't see it but your tone and inflection come across as someone who is very bitter towards someone they don't even know.

Bitter? Hardly.

I could tell Slash these things to his face if I ever met him. That's integrity.

I could tell him that I don't think it's fair to say he's setting the record straight when it's only 1/5 of the story. That I don't think it's fair of him to be telling the GN'R story etc.

That's integrity.

So?

Are you gonna bring it up every time?

I also saw Adler's Appetite. I had tickets to Snakepit but the promoter canceled because they couldn't sell enough tickets....

You try to make it sound like I'm not allowed to listen to his music (even the GN'R stuff) because I don't agree with what he says in interviews.

Which is amusing to say the least.

/jarmo

spaghetti_incident
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #195 on: January 10, 2008, 09:27:49 PM »

Quote from: spaghetti_incident on Today at 09:07:32 PM
A person with integrity would not put Slash down like you do.  Maybe you can't see it but your tone and inflection come across as someone who is very bitter towards someone they don't even know.

Bitter? Hardly.

I could tell Slash these things to his face if I ever met him. That's integrity.

I could tell him that I don't think it's fair to say he's setting the record straight when it's only 1/5 of the story. That I don't think it's fair of him to be telling the GN'R story etc.

That's integrity.

rofl rofl rofl rofl

You call that integrity?

I call it insulting!!!

And this coming from a guy who is backstage at GNR shows and laughs at stupid things and is scared shitless to say anything at all especially to Axl.

I hope you do get the opportunity to say what you supposedly would say to Slash. 

rofl rofl rofl

Thanks for the laughs.
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #196 on: January 10, 2008, 09:31:51 PM »

I think it can be safely assumed that Axl and the people that care about him are not super happy about the book.

Call me paranoid if you want but this book is an implicit anti-Axl propaganda. ?The most important part of the book, also reiteraited in the concluding chapter, is about the GN'R break-up and what led to it. And if you haven't noticed Axl is blamed for everything. From having original members leave, to bringing in new people, to constantly going on late, to causing riots, to aquiring the name and sole power in the band, you name it....Most of this, of course, is either lies, or if not has some sort of reasonable explanation that Slash failed to see.

For example, Axl was the last one to sign off on the firing of Steven, Axl did everything possible to keep Izzy in the band, Axl never chased anyone away from the band unless they were not physically capable to play any more or unless they were looking to get fired (Matt, Guilby?).

Another example: Slash makes a big deal of that "constant" going on late, when in fact it wasn't even that "constant". If you trace the history, even during the illusions tour probably more than 50% of the shows started about right on time. Hell, in 2006 when there were so many complaints about that going on late, 9 out of 10 shows started around 11-11:20pm only 40 min after the last opening act, but it was that one show that started after midnight that everyone made a big deal out of. Also, Slash never made an effort to understand if there was a real ligitimate reason about the shows that did start late. Instead, he made it sound like (and has said it) that Axl was doing it on purpose because he was seeing himself as the "king" of this organization and therefore everyone would comply with his whims, or because he thought he was building anticipation among the fans that way.

In the same fashion, one can go on and argue that none of the things Slash accused Axl about the break-up were actually legitimate reasons, but more like a convenient way for former band members to leave and accuse Axl of everything. I mean, no wonder they caused so much trouble and mess to the GN'R organization in the mid 90s, getting out of which took over a decade.

And so, these great original members, the outstanding contributers to the greatest albums of rock music went on to do their own thing with other musicians only to decimate their own careers and bring even more harm and embarrassment to the GN'R legacy. I mean, when the 4 post GN'R albums made by Slash collectively can't even compare to one unfinished demo off of CD, and VR or Snakepit has always AFD covers as their biggest numbers in their shows, then it makes you wonder who was actually responsible for the greatness that AFD and Illusions were. Yes, Slash wrote this famous solo and that legendary solo. But if Axl wasn't there to direct him and make him do it the way it would actually turn out great, then nothing would've happened. Point me to one famous Slash solo off of his 4 post GN'R albums! He doesn't have one. And never will again. Unless he hooks up with a genious again that will drive him.

The Slash of the post GN'R era is just a mediocre musician (and sadly a lier - intentional or not) who still lives off the GN'R name and fame. That book, heavily focused on the GN'R years, is yet another way to capitalize on it. I bet he made tons more money off this book than off Libertad sales or the VR recent tour.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
robertjohn
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #197 on: January 10, 2008, 09:34:06 PM »

I am not gonna condem anyone because I don't care.? I read it for pleasure.?

It's not up to you to set the record straight either.

Let me guess "you were not in the band" or "you're not Slash"?

No, nobody told me to. I just chose to try to help out in bringing a truthful version of events public.

I chose to use my voice for that. What are you using yours for?

So?

Are you gonna bring it up every time?

I also saw Adler's Appetite. I had tickets to Snakepit but the promoter canceled because they couldn't sell enough tickets....

You try to make it sound like I'm not allowed to listen to his music (even the GN'R stuff) because I don't agree with what he says in interviews.

Which is amusing to say the least.

/jarmo

Hold up...you "just choose to try to help out bringing a truthful version of public events." That's hilarious! Who are you to portray yourself to the general public as the be all, end all of correct opinions!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 09:36:31 PM by robertjohn » Logged
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #198 on: January 10, 2008, 10:42:10 PM »

I think it can be safely assumed that Axl and the people that care about him are not super happy about the book.

Call me paranoid if you want but this book is an implicit anti-Axl propaganda.  The most important part of the book, also reiteraited in the concluding chapter, is about the GN'R break-up and what led to it. And if you haven't noticed Axl is blamed for everything. From having original members leave, to bringing in new people, to constantly going on late, to causing riots, to aquiring the name and sole power in the band, you name it....Most of this, of course, is either lies, or if not has some sort of reasonable explanation that Slash failed to see.

For example, Axl was the last one to sign off on the firing of Steven, Axl did everything possible to keep Izzy in the band, Axl never chased anyone away from the band unless they were not physically capable to play any more or unless they were looking to get fired (Matt, Guilby?).

Another example: Slash makes a big deal of that "constant" going on late, when in fact it wasn't even that "constant". If you trace the history, even during the illusions tour probably more than 50% of the shows started about right on time. Hell, in 2006 when there were so many complaints about that going on late, 9 out of 10 shows started around 11-11:20pm only 40 min after the last opening act, but it was that one show that started after midnight that everyone made a big deal out of. Also, Slash never made an effort to understand if there was a real ligitimate reason about the shows that did start late. Instead, he made it sound like (and has said it) that Axl was doing it on purpose because he was seeing himself as the "king" of this organization and therefore everyone would comply with his whims, or because he thought he was building anticipation among the fans that way.

In the same fashion, one can go on and argue that none of the things Slash accused Axl about the break-up were actually legitimate reasons, but more like a convenient way for former band members to leave and accuse Axl of everything. I mean, no wonder they caused so much trouble and mess to the GN'R organization in the mid 90s, getting out of which took over a decade.

And so, these great original members, the outstanding contributers to the greatest albums of rock music went on to do their own thing with other musicians only to decimate their own careers and bring even more harm and embarrassment to the GN'R legacy. I mean, when the 4 post GN'R albums made by Slash collectively can't even compare to one unfinished demo off of CD, and VR or Snakepit has always AFD covers as their biggest numbers in their shows, then it makes you wonder who was actually responsible for the greatness that AFD and Illusions were. Yes, Slash wrote this famous solo and that legendary solo. But if Axl wasn't there to direct him and make him do it the way it would actually turn out great, then nothing would've happened. Point me to one famous Slash solo off of his 4 post GN'R albums! He doesn't have one. And never will again. Unless he hooks up with a genious again that will drive him.

The Slash of the post GN'R era is just a mediocre musician (and sadly a lier - intentional or not) who still lives off the GN'R name and fame. That book, heavily focused on the GN'R years, is yet another way to capitalize on it. I bet he made tons more money off this book than off Libertad sales or the VR recent tour.

thats a great post.   it sums up a lot of my thoughts better than I could put into words.

I still can't believe Slash is claiming he was down for doing whatever Axl wanted to do (i.e. industrial) before he left the band.   theres countless interviews in the past where he always claimed it was musical direction.
robertjohn
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #199 on: January 10, 2008, 10:49:10 PM »

i think "leatherebel" is a bit "paranoid."
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: