Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 04:47:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228137 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Comments On Book Signing Tour
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Comments On Book Signing Tour  (Read 97258 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #160 on: January 08, 2008, 06:40:38 PM »

Jim Bob is right, though.  Slash did say that he didn't like recording with Izzy because he wouldn't play his parts right, particularly on the UYI records.  Didn't he say that he actually had to rerecord some of Izzy's parts himself on those records?

Maybe he just meant that the band missed Izzy in a writing capacity and were hurt by that, but his comments overall about playing/writing/recording with Izzy are a little confusing.

Ali
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #161 on: January 08, 2008, 06:43:45 PM »

Jim Bob is right, though.  Slash did say that he didn't like recording with Izzy because he wouldn't play his parts right, particularly on the UYI records.  Didn't he say that he actually had to rerecord some of Izzy's parts himself on those records?

"As much as has gone on, and as much as I resent Izzy for quitting and all that, and leaving me in weird spots where I had to find a replacement weeks before the next leg of a tour, or if he didn't play on the "Use Your Illusion" records - which is for the most part true - looking back on it, Izzy's Izzy."

What do you mean he didn't play on "...Illusion" albums?!

"I had to double guitars up for him on most of it. He didn't play very much."

Slash in 1995
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=16

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #162 on: January 08, 2008, 06:51:32 PM »

Jim Bob is right, though.? Slash did say that he didn't like recording with Izzy because he wouldn't play his parts right, particularly on the UYI records.? Didn't he say that he actually had to rerecord some of Izzy's parts himself on those records?

"As much as has gone on, and as much as I resent Izzy for quitting and all that, and leaving me in weird spots where I had to find a replacement weeks before the next leg of a tour, or if he didn't play on the "Use Your Illusion" records - which is for the most part true - looking back on it, Izzy's Izzy."

What do you mean he didn't play on "...Illusion" albums?!

"I had to double guitars up for him on most of it. He didn't play very much."

Slash in 1995
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=16

/jarmo

Very interesting quote.  I thought it was true that he played Izzy's parts.

Maybe at the time he was resentful towards Izzy for quitting, but later on realized his importance towards the band? 

Ali
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #163 on: January 08, 2008, 07:00:55 PM »

its about the song writing process - not the song recording process

Re-Union time, baby!!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #164 on: January 08, 2008, 07:06:13 PM »

i'm not going to read it.   i'm not interested.  he left the band 12 years ago and i see no need to look back.   fuck it.

as he claims he didnt read it....all his posts in here shouldnt count a dime....how to discuss a book you didnt read, huh?  oh, wait.... mabye Jim Bob is the one lying??!  Shocked

what am I lying about?   The quotes from the book that are innaccurate have been posted on the board for me to read.  I don't have to read the entire book to know that Slash's account of St Louis 1991 is wrong.
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #165 on: January 08, 2008, 09:08:50 PM »

I don't have to read the entire book to know that Slash's account of St Louis 1991 is wrong.

You're right ... and Slash's account is innacurate ... on stage.  However ... he'll know how it went down behind the scenes.  But regardless, you're right.

However ... saying Slash is a liar, because some of the things in the book aren't 100% accurate is utter rubbish dude.  Everyone gets things wrong.  That doesn't mean they're lying.  I think what's happened here is that people say Slash is a liar, yet that's blind faith to another musician.  Instead ... how about saying "Slash got those things wrong".  There's no proof he's lied.

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #166 on: January 08, 2008, 10:09:19 PM »

i'm not going to read it.? ?i'm not interested.? he left the band 12 years ago and i see no need to look back.? ?fuck it.

as he claims he didnt read it....all his posts in here shouldnt count a dime....how to discuss a book you didnt read, huh?? oh, wait.... mabye Jim Bob is the one lying??!? Shocked

what am I lying about?? ?The quotes from the book that are innaccurate have been posted on the board for me to read.? I don't have to read the entire book to know that Slash's account of St Louis 1991 is wrong.

Quote from: classicgunsfan on Today at 05:50:47 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on January 03, 2008, 08:19:46 PM
Quote from: classicgunsfan on January 03, 2008, 06:04:40 PM
Quote from: jarmo on December 28, 2007, 01:30:07 PM
Quote from: classicgunsfan on December 28, 2007, 01:23:42 PM
he really only wanted to set the record straight as to why he left.  He lists 3 reasons.  All of them are apparant and leaves no room for confusion.  As for the stories, that's all they are.....some of the stories led to the reasons....but their are certain facts that are what they are.....

Yeah, and musical differences apparently had nothing to do with it.

/jarmo

slash addressed that and said no; it had more to do with the chemistry of the replacements for Izzy, or lackthereof; attendance issues / start times at shows; and the whole name ownership thing; if you read the book, you'd know this...

so am I now supposed to assume that all those comments back in the 90s about how he enjoyed playing with Gilby so much more than Izzy were lies?  What about Gilby playing on the snakepit album?   or the fact that Matt Sorum has been stuck up his ass since 1991?    So its really the lack of chemistry with those guys who replaced some of the AFD members?

maybe slash is just the type of guy who says whatever suits his agenda at the time?   take a look at all the various comments he's made over the years and thats pretty obvious.

Axl fired gilby right after the Illusions tour
so what's your point? if you read the book, it was the guitarists he had chemistry issues with

chemistry with the replacement of Izzy = Gilby

-------------------------------------------------------

Where did I mention the St Louis riot?
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #167 on: January 09, 2008, 01:25:36 AM »

why are we acting like lawyers in here, trying to find errors so that we can "arrest" someone, its like we are talking about a book by bill clinton or a nobel peace winner, when in fact we are talking about Slash, one of the most rocking guitarists of all times, from the Guns N fuckin Roses, who is a fucking legend in the rock n roll world, who used to drink, smoke, do tons of drugs, fucked lots of women, destroyed hotelrooms, and partied with the baddest people out there, why are we, the fans behaving like boyscouts when we are fans of a band that dident give a fuck?? Its like if you idolize ,? I dont know, lets say Hells Angels, but then sit and discuss how terrible it is that one of them drove without a helmet, thats for the police, the churchgoers and the parents to dislike, not us??

LMAO!? hihi I completely agree!? Excellent post.

Yes, im with you both. I was reading some of the comments here and I find it hard to believe that some people actually think they can tell slash about the events and experiences in his life better than he can..actually, its to the point of hysterics....They are saying he lied! He didnt get those dates wrong because he deliberately wanted to get them wrong.? And also, the book is not about the dates of events, it is about experiencing his life through his own eyes, not a text book about the dates certain things happened. I do see its sort of the same people who have a problem with the book being ali, jim bob, and jarmo, so maybe they just hate the guy..i dunno....

No.? There is no hating the guy.? And it doesn't matter whether or not he got the dates and facts about certain events wrong intentionally or not, he still got them wrong.? Like I said before, and I'll say it again, he framed the book as him "setting the record straight".? You can't set the record straight without getting your facts straight.? Maybe he was just intending to set the record straight on his feelings and motivations behind what happened with Guns and why he left.? He wasn't that clear when the book was coming out and he was doing press.? But, in the end, how the book was framed and described led to it being taken a certain way and there you have the reaction here.

Ali

Good point - I think he was intending to set the record straight about his own feelings & motivations behind what happened and why he left.? And through the whole book, I don't feel he ever bashed Axl, at all.  Stated the way it was, at times, but never really bashed him.  Still defends him.  Does anyone care about that? 
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 01:30:45 AM by lynn1961 » Logged
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #168 on: January 09, 2008, 07:02:39 AM »

What does all this have to do with comments on book signing tour? Grin

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #169 on: January 09, 2008, 09:22:01 AM »

What does all this have to do with comments on book signing tour? Grin
Apparently, just like with Slash's "memory" of the events he included in the book, his recollection of how things went down at these book signings seems to differ from everyone else who was there.? rofl

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #170 on: January 10, 2008, 04:59:15 PM »

how did "banned" get into my title as well?

How can you ban him? Hes one of the most knowledgeable gnr fans? in the world. And you ban him because he insulted you?

You insult people everyday on here. How come your not banned Jarmo? You insult me everytime you insinuate that I have no life and I am bitter and upset about GNR. You claim I think about GNR all day. I took that as an insult.

You banned me because you took a comment I made about JimBob and said I insulted Vanessa. Was Vanessa insulted?

JimBob says:
Don't waste your time.? Its loaded with bullshit.
As for the book. It was a great read and any gnr fan should read it. For the most part it provides a pretty cool viewpoint of gnr in their heyday. I would have liked Slash to go in much greater detail about the later years in regads to GNR but whatever its his book. Its a touchy subject. I think Slash misses Axl. And I think Axl probably at times misses Slash. A reunion is not likely but I wouldnt rule it out sometime down the line

How is the book loaded with bullshit?

ADZ:
Let's see: sueing a real estate agent for ridiculous claims, rock n' roll fantasy camp, playing on lame artists' cds..

Homeboy needs dollar?

I doubt he does. Maybe he just likes doing things? If any homeboy around here needs dollars it might be Axl. Otherwise CD's  budget for marketing would have been funded by now?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 05:41:21 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #171 on: January 10, 2008, 05:22:29 PM »

How can you ban him? Hes one of the most knowledgeable gnr fans  in the world. And you ban him because he insulted you?

How?

Insults, threats, trolling etc. And it wasn't just aimed at me personally.

The guy had a chance to apologize for making those out of line comments about me hacking his account but refused because he has issues with me.

You think I should let people spread any kind of bullshit about me and how I run this site right here?

Think again.

I know you're upset because your friend got banned.

You insult people everyday on here. How come your not banned Jarmo? You insult me everytime you insinuate that I have no life and I am bitter and upset about GNR. You claim I think about GNR all day. I took that as an insult.

Yeah, I should ban myself.

Is that your goal?

You of all people are whining about this. Even after I gave you a second chance....

Nice to know you appreciate me being nice to you and making an exception as a favor to you.

Hey, at least I learned my lesson.

You banned me because you took a comment I made about JimBob and said I insulted Vanessa. Was Vanessa insulted?

Yeah, because your idea of "a joke" differs from mine.

Next time you fuck up, don't ask me for any favors.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #172 on: January 10, 2008, 05:29:40 PM »

Yeah, I should ban myself.

Is that your goal?

You of all people are whining about this. Even after I gave you a second chance....

Nice to know you appreciate me being nice to you and making an exception as a favor to you.

Hey, at least I learned my lesson.
My goal is for this place to be like it used to be...Fair...nothing more nothing less

I appreciate you letting me back. I dont think I should have been banned in the first place. Ill keep the insults at a min. but hopefully different opinions(if there are any) will not get me banned

Yeah, because your idea of "a joke" differs from mine.
maybe so...but you insult plenty of people around here as well. just be fair. unless someone is really rough with the insults I dont think they need to be ushered out of this forum so quickly.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 05:33:26 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #173 on: January 10, 2008, 05:46:48 PM »

My goal is for this place to be like it used to be...Fair...nothing more nothing less

It's not 2005 anymore.

Things have changed. Look around you.

but hopefully different opinions(if there are any) will get me banned

You and your kind need to get over this whole "difference in opinion" bullshit ASAP.

You can keep lying to yourself but it doesn't fucking work for the rest of us.

You insult me all day long, attack me, write bullshit about me and then when I ban you it's because you have a different opinion?

Are you that fucking naive?

You think I should let every poster who wants to take shots at me do so as long as their opinion differs from mine? I mean, God forbid if I ban an idiot for breaking the board rules, it's only because he/she disagrees with me. Never because of the countless "you're a nerd who thinks he knows everything" posts....

Why is it that the same people who disagree with me resort to insults and when they get banned, they fail to mention the insults? It's always "he banned me because I disagreed!".

Why don't they ever tell you about the PMs they sent? The numerous insults in their posts? How come?

Why don't they ever tell you about how much they wanna come back?

Why is that?

Why am I supposed to be nice to people who are nothing but two-faced cunts and don't even have the decency to admit that they have issues to begin with?

maybe so...but you insult plenty of people around here as well. just be fair. unless someone is really rough with the insults I dont think they need to be ushered out of this forum so quickly.

I think we had this discussion before.

You are insulted because I said you come of as a bitter person who gets off on whining...

Your view of an insult differs from mine.

You don't think an insult is an insult unless a person is insulted.

So you could make a comment about a certain group of people and it wouldn't be insulting unless a member of that group was insulted. I don't agree. I think it's an insult as soon as the comment is made with the intent of insulting somebody/something. No matter if a person is or isn't insulted.

/jarmo

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #174 on: January 10, 2008, 06:02:34 PM »

It's not 2005 anymore.

Things have changed. Look around you.
Things havnt changed too much. Actually you have filtered out any remaining people who bring the mygnr atmospshere to this board. Which is commendable. That or they just gave up.

You and your kind need to get over this whole "difference in opinion" bullshit ASAP.

You can keep lying to yourself but it doesn't fucking work for the rest of us.

You insult me all day long, attack me, write bullshit about me and then when I ban you it's because you have a different opinion?

Are you that fucking naive?

Well if people keep saying the same thing maybe it is an issue.

When have I insulted you and wrote bullshit about you?

Are you naive about the fact that many people believe that the censorship around here is over bearing?

You think I should let every poster who wants to take shots at me do so as long as their opinion differs from mine? I mean, God forbid if I ban an idiot for breaking the board rules, it's only because he/she disagrees with me. Never because of the countless "you're a nerd who thinks he knows everything" posts....
not at all. like i said this board isnt like mygnr, etc. So, again I agree with policing to an extent. I have always said that. But as I have said in our conversations online or on here, I think there are some things that have been taken to the extreme.

Why is it that the same people who disagree with me resort to insults and when they get banned, they fail to mention the insults? It's always "he banned me because I disagreed!".

Why don't they ever tell you about the PMs they sent? The numerous insults in their posts? How come?

Why is that?

Why am I supposed to be nice to people who are nothing but two-faced cunts and don't even have the decency to admit that they have issues to begin with?

Thats something you need to ask those people.

You are insulted because I said you come of as a bitter person who gets off on whining...

Your view of an insult differs from mine.
Im not really insulted by those comments. I just find it funny that you think you know me? and then can state that. If I was sensitive person than those type of comments could be taken as an insult. And then scream Insult!, Insult! Insult!

You don't think an insult is an insult unless a person is insulted.

So you could make a comment about a certain group of people and it wouldn't be insulting unless a member of that group was insulted. I don't agree. I think it's an insult as soon as the comment is made with the intent of insulting somebody/something. No matter if a person is or isn't insulted.

People are insulted by different things.

A private conversation between 2 people or a few people are not offending anyone because no one is there to be offended.

If insulting comments are made on a forum then yes, it is wrong. Public forums are for all people to enjoy and be able to read without feeling offended.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #175 on: January 10, 2008, 06:11:58 PM »

Well if people keep saying the same thing maybe it is an issue.

Oh right, like they'd take any responsibility for anything.

When have I insulted you and wrote bullshit about you?

I was speaking in general terms.

Are you naive about the fact that many people believe that the censorship around here is over bearing?

What they call censorship is basically moderation to us.

We just don't think everything needs to be discussed.

Some people are happy discussing things that aren't even true, we just try to keep the bs to a minimum.

Thats something you need to ask those people.

I figured you'd have some kind of idea....

Im not really insulted by those comments. I just find it funny that you think you know me  and then can state that. If I was sensitive person than those type of comments could be taken as an insult. And then scream Insult!, Insult! Insult!

I don't know you.

But if a person only logs in to post negative posts and complaints, then my initial reaction is that the person doesn't really seem to have a lot of nice things going on in his/her life.

You know, taking out the frustrations on a rock band....

/jarmo

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #176 on: January 10, 2008, 06:21:02 PM »

What they call censorship is basically moderation to us.

We just don't think everything needs to be discussed.

Some people are happy discussing things that aren't even true, we just try to keep the bs to a minimum.

people have noticed a change in that "basic moderation" over the past year or 2

I figured you'd have some kind of idea....

which of these apply to me then? so I can answer for you

Why is that?

which of those apply?
But if a person only logs in to post negative posts and complaints, then my initial reaction is that the person doesn't really seem to have a lot of nice things going on in his/her life.

You know, taking out the frustrations on a rock band....

I have over 3,000 posts. I will bet my house that the great majority of those posts are what you would deem positive posts.

So the fact that someone has something negative to say about a subject means that they dont have anything positive or nice going on in their lives? Shoddy Logic if you ask me.

I can spin that logic and say that you are such a nutswinger that if anyone knocks or offers how they feel about your rock band you feel the need to put down their opinions. Which would then make me think you have no life because you feel the need to defend everything bad that is said about a rock band.

Now using your logic, I know that the statements you make towards me arent true...so Ill assume that its not true about you either Grin
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 06:23:56 PM by younggunner » Logged

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #177 on: January 10, 2008, 06:41:30 PM »

Younggunner, you have always been a very positive pro GNR poster and have always enjoyed your comments. You are making great points here as well.  Jarmo, if a loyal poster like Younggunner is pissed and not a newbie, doesn't that merit looking into what he says instead of dismissing it?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #178 on: January 10, 2008, 06:48:31 PM »

We need to end this thread soon.  We have all been posting here for years and I hate to see everyone pissed off.   Huh Roll Eyes   Embarrassed Cry no  Everyone count to 10 and be reasonable.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #179 on: January 10, 2008, 07:06:39 PM »

people have noticed a change in that "basic moderation" over the past year or 2

Didn't I just say things are different?

I could understand being frustrated in like 2005 when nothing was really happening....

which of these apply to me then? so I can answer for you

Since you were so quick to question the banning, I thought maybe you'd have an idea about these things as well.

The banning had nothing to do with you, yet you were there questioning it.

I have over 3,000 posts. I will bet my house that the great majority of those posts are what you would deem positive posts.

So, you drive a car for ten years and then get drunk one night and drive home. It shouldn't matter because you've been good all that time?

I'm sorry, but it doesn't work like that for me.

In your case, it worked in your favor... So....

So the fact that someone has something negative to say about a subject means that they dont have anything positive or nice going on in their lives? Shoddy Logic if you ask me.

I explained what I meant.

Some people go to the gym and punch a bag to take out their frustrations....

I can spin that logic and say that you are such a nutswinger that if anyone knocks or offers how they feel about your rock band you feel the need to put down their opinions. Which would then make me think you have no life because you feel the need to defend everything bad that is said about a rock band.

Now using your logic, I know that the statements you make towards me arent true...so Ill assume that its not true about you either Grin

Nice of you to try to insult me again. Keep it up. ok

I don't care if you think I'm sad, I don't care if you think I'm a "nutswinger". At the end of the day, I know that I did and said what I believed in.

It's called integritySmiley

But I guess you have a different definition of that word as well.....

If you have any more issues with which one of your buddies I banned and why, please use the right section.  ok

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: