Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 01:28:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy won?t be a surprise anymore?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy won?t be a surprise anymore?  (Read 7379 times)
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« on: December 21, 2007, 10:49:10 PM »

Better and IRS played a lot in some radio stations (not those pop ones) here in Brazil, and still are, played as "the new GNR song". The "pop ones" you get a "mix" of all music, rhianna, FOB, Justin Timberlake, MCR...
People are confusing, if these songs are played, the album and the band is out there, doesn?t change the fact that this is leaked demos, the songs are beeing played for at least 2 years.
A few years ago we had some great radio stations here in Brazil, but not today, the public of these radion stations are these type of listeners, and the "rock listeners" already heard the "new GNR song", for the past 2 years of more.
MTV does not play music videos anymore, maybe you get 1 hour with music today at MTV Brazil, if you get lucky.
GNR did some shows, but people ( people I mean 95% normal people, and 5% us crazy motherfuckers fanatics) think GNR toured in 2001 (rock in rio), 2002, 2006 and 2007 because of the album. They forget that, in every review, good or bad, the "Chinese Democracy is beeing recording a long time ago and is not released yet" mention is there, but people didnt realize that anymore, doesn?t count anymore for them, it?s like "pfff whatever"
^
this is just some points, based on what I?m seeing in the past few years around here.

Do you think this is bad?

I mean, people could be already "bored" with something that is not even there yet, and will not give a 2? chance.

HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 01:03:51 AM »

I feel ya. It's kinda like having three "Chinese Democracy World Tour" with the album. It's kinda "been there, done that"...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 01:21:18 AM »

I feel ya. It's kinda like having three "Chinese Democracy World Tour" with the album. It's kinda "been there, done that"...

only for us

When the album drops they're gonna use a newer song that no one has heard before (if there is one at the time). I imagine a song like Prostitute or Sorry will be the first single or maybe something like the Blues or TWAT will be. Who knows. But with this thread going like it is already this will probably turn into another "whats the first single gonna be" thread.

but i know what you mean and when my radio station was playing better it was in really heavy rotation. I'd hear the song 2 or 3 times a day, and i loved it. It never got boring to me but i see how it could. Thats why when the album drops a newer more heavy and dare i say "hip" song will be chosen. something along the lines of Better and TWAT i predict.

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
W. Adam S
Rocker

...Gone to the toilet

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 05:42:26 AM »

I have been thinking this also, have we heard most of CD already? I hope not. I dont think many of the general public have heard the leaks, its more of an internet thing, so I think it will still be fresh stuff for most people.

'For Ricky to be any smarter he would have to die and come back as a turnip' - Trailer park boys.
Fortus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2007, 08:44:09 AM »

someone stated in 2002, that the band wont tour again without an album,I think that the band could do another trek without an album playing for example...Southamerica.
Janabis
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2007, 12:10:10 PM »

someone stated in 2002, that the band wont tour again without an album,I think that the band could do another trek without an album playing for example...Southamerica.

The thought of a 4th (5th?) Chinese Democracy tour without an album really depresses me.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2007, 12:14:16 PM »

The thought of a 4th (5th?) Chinese Democracy tour without an album really depresses me.

go see a shrink and start a life then?Smiley
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2007, 12:43:46 PM »

Axl could turn around and use NONE of the leaked songs on CD, well maybe not including CD itself.  No one really knows.

I can't imagine the band touring would depress anyone!  You are getting to see your fav band live for crissakes!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2007, 12:44:53 PM »

This is the exact reason Jarmo doesn't let leaks get posted here and the reason leaks suck

I wish I never would've listened to anything cause yeah, Half the album has been heard and now we pretty much have just half an album to look forward to.

Good news is however, After 6 years, I still am not tired of Madagascar and The Blues.

TWAT and Better however, I am burnt out and sick of.

I think Axl could have had a monumental comeback and all the false starts have definitely taken some of the luster off of it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2007, 12:57:18 PM »

This is the exact reason Jarmo doesn't let leaks get posted here and the reason leaks suck

I wish I never would've listened to anything cause yeah, Half the album has been heard and now we pretty much have just half an album to look forward to.

Good news is however, After 6 years, I still am not tired of Madagascar and The Blues.

TWAT and Better however, I am burnt out and sick of.

I think Axl could have had a monumental comeback and all the false starts have definitely taken some of the luster off of it.

Given that there is allegedly 3-4 albums worth of material, is it fact or assumption that the all the leaks will all be on CD at this point? 
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2007, 12:58:18 PM »

theres also a lot of markets in the US they could still play.. they haven't been to Texas yet.   and then you have places like NYC and Vegas which will be guaranteed sell outs whenever they book shows there.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2007, 12:58:59 PM »

i'd take a tour and the chance to see my favorite band any day.. album or not.   your attitude depresses me.
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2007, 01:39:07 PM »

I'd go and see them, if they came without doubt

but they'll continue to sell less tickets IMO if they dont release anything to support it, people will get tired of the same old set list, and maybe axl wont be able to count on the die hard fans soon, who knows

i kinda feel that the optimum chance to release CD was gone by march this year, i mean GNR seemed to be back, everyione was raving about them again and it was perfect for axl to drop the bomb, but it failed to show up....to my suprise Roll Eyes

i just dont know wether to believe there is 3 or 4 albums worth of material there, lets hope so, or we could be seeing the leaks and boots of the new songs, being the finnished product

lets hope it isnt the case

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2007, 01:55:32 PM »

I don't know about you but I could listen to the leaks all day long with the same interest and passion.

The lyrics are some of the best written and the riffs some of the most memorable and reek of fist-pumping awesomeness. And they are only Demos, a final, properly mixed and mastered track will be very dense and well layered and give the amazing arrangements that these songs have proper due.

And that's not even including the 7 songs we haven't heard. Undoubtedly some big guns are yet to be heard. And if I know anything about Axl, it's ability to surprise people. In a good way.

The only reason people are burnt out about the band or the songs or give them negative reviews is because they are fatigued. When the album surfaces and Chinese Democracy really starts, critics and fans alike will be all over it.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 01:57:39 PM by mrbucketfoot » Logged
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2007, 02:15:21 PM »

yesterday i woke up with catcher in the rye in my head, and i haven't heard it in months but all day i had the melody and the lyrics to the ending verse stuck in my mind..

if it'll be a surprise i don't care it's still worldclass quality music, and i don't feel like boo-hooing over 6-7 songs
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2007, 02:27:53 PM »

Mostly diehard GNR fans have heard the leaks, I think it will be plenty new to people around the world

libertad
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2007, 02:51:40 PM »

Axl said on Eddie Trunk that the songs were from the album and were gonna be on it.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
masterrecorder
Opening Act

That's called the blues...

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2007, 02:59:13 PM »

And now? Axl also said, Chi-Dem will be coming out in March 2007 - tentative. We do not know anything, even the tracklist.
CheapJon
Legend

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2007, 03:36:13 PM »

Axl said on Eddie Trunk that the songs were from the album and were gonna be on it.

r u sure? because i don't remember that.. i remember him saying that they were still thinking of wich songs they were going to put on the record and they weren't sure if brian may would stay on CITR

(of course i can remember wrong)
jordinho
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2007, 03:41:08 PM »

Don't think we'll get all the leaks on the album. Maybe 3 or 4. ?Even if we get 5 or 6 of them there could still be as many as 8-9 brand new songs, maybe less if there are some really long and epic ones. ?drool
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: