Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:35:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Anyone else diagnosed with ADHD?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone else diagnosed with ADHD?  (Read 6058 times)
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2007, 11:54:08 AM »

oh and as for the "fake rich countries conditions" comment - that was uncalled for.? A personal lack of knowledge or understanding about a disease or condition should not render it non-existent.

A doctor once told me to "think positive, go jogging and do fun stuff" when I was seriously depressed. You don't say that to a person who's depressed unless you want them to jump off a roof!? Tongue

People aren't properly informed about diseases etc... adhd is for example a neurological problem, and people tend to think it's psychological. Even doctors sometimes think it is!

My favorite commentary that I received from a family member while I was depressed was "Get over it!"  Imagine if it was that easy.

I will tell you though that I was on a medication similar to yours some years ago and I stayed on it for a long time.  When I came off of it, it was awful.  My body was in withdrawl for a long time.  After going through what I did with that now I refuse to take any medications which could become addictive. 
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2007, 06:46:25 PM »

^ I've had similar "useful" comments from Drs when I suffered from depression. its crazy isnt it.    The same Drs were very quick to prescribe me with some pretty strong and dangerous medication at the time - which i struggled with for a bit, then eased myself off them completely. Managed to deal with my personal demons in other ways and havent needed medication for years (yay).  great you finally got an accurate diagnosis, and are doing ok  ok

I know it's off-topic and I apologize, but depression is a tough one.  Many of the folks I've known who have struggled with depression were not physically fit.  Is it the chicken or the egg?  What caused what?  Did the depression help cause the poor maintenance of the body, or did the poor maintenance of the body help cause the depression?  If your doctors only said, "Go exercise and you'll feel better," that's b.s.  If they worked it into your recovery plan as a component of your treatment, I'd say they're a very good doctor.   Cool 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2007, 08:24:31 AM »

interesting point.  I think any Dr or person that can encourage an interest that takes someone struggling with despression out of that "zone" - has got to be a positive step .  I didnt have a problem with personal physical fitness when I was at my worst - but it took 3 Drs before i got a referral to someone who understood and suggested recovery plan and actions.   I had problems facing up to the fact i was depressed and was made even more uncomfortable by the first few Drs attitudes, they were so damning and useless (one laughed at me when I tried to explain how i was dealing with it - wtf?Huh) - I felt even worse.  Having the right person to talk to initially would be the perfect step forward for all conditions and diseases for everyone.

I agree though,  if your body is physically in poor maintenance, it certainly leaves the door open for a poorly maintained mind as well.
Gunsnroses11391
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2008, 09:33:11 PM »

yeh i was diagnosed when i was 9 years old, im 17 years old now.....
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2008, 10:07:08 PM »

My brother was diagnosed with it a long time ago when it was called ADD. That is some strong stuff they give those kids.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: