Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 12:23:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228477 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Micheal Vick Sentence was RICOCKULOUS!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Micheal Vick Sentence was RICOCKULOUS!!!!  (Read 10101 times)
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2007, 10:37:28 PM »

He'll never play in the NFL again...and if he does, he will be a marked man, not just by NFL players, but by fans.  There would be fan boycotts guaranteed.  Trust me. 

don't be so sure of that - have you seen some of the teams this year?  Shit, I could play QB for some of them.  Fans don't mind when the Ws are being put up (but Vick was never that good to me anyway).  Maybe him and Ricky Williams will play for the CFL or something...

One things for sure, he'll never EVER play for the Browns - the dog pound would FUCK HIM UP!!   hihi

on a side note, what the hell does "ricockulous" mean and where on earth did you come up with that!??!

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2007, 10:39:38 PM »

Vick should hope the XFL has a comeback from the dead.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2007, 10:47:09 PM »

Vick deserved every day of that sentence he got.  Any piece of shit that would fight animals deserves that.  Football player or not. 

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2007, 11:00:16 PM »

He'll never play in the NFL again...and if he does, he will be a marked man, not just by NFL players, but by fans.? There would be fan boycotts guaranteed.? Trust me.?

don't be so sure of that - have you seen some of the teams this year?? Shit, I could play QB for some of them.? Fans don't mind when the Ws are being put up (but Vick was never that good to me anyway).? Maybe him and Ricky Williams will play for the CFL or something...

One things for sure, he'll never EVER play for the Browns - the dog pound would FUCK HIM UP!!? ?hihi

on a side note, what the hell does "ricockulous" mean and where on earth did you come up with that!??!

ricockulous is a word I believe Zakk Wylde came up with....instead of riDICKulous he uses reCOCKulous...get it?? yeah Zakk is drunk.....often
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2007, 11:15:48 PM »

The other day he got sentenced to 23 months in Federal Prison and 5 years probation.

The guy has already lost a 100 million dollar contract, all of his endorsements and has been disgraced forever.

Throwing 23 months of prison time on top of all that is ludicrous and insane!!!!!!!!!

To think he got more time than most Child Molesters and more time than people who have killed HUMAN BEINGS.

The prison time wasn't thrown on top of it all.  He lost his contract and endorsements because people in our society don't want to employ a dogfighter.  The justice system didn't take those from him. 

While I don't condone molesters walking free with little time, I'm not sure that says anything about the appropriateness of his sentence so much as about the problems within the system.  And isn't animal brutality correlated with people who eventually become violent toward other people?  I seem to recall that fact.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2007, 03:15:03 AM »

Sentence was appropriate i think. I was actually hoping the judge wouldn't even stick to the recommended time and setenced him to even more.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2007, 07:19:17 AM »

Well, if he is good, he should only serve half the time which should amount to about 11 months. I don't know if the sentence is mandatory with no time off for good behavior or not. but yes, he got all that because he pissed off the judge. I agree that most criminals don't get enough time and this sentence is kind of ridiculous but pissing off a judge is not a good thing when it comes to sentencing.

With good behavior, because they gave him so much and sentenced him in the maximum range (1 month shy of it) he'll have to serve between 18 and 20 months of his sentence.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2007, 07:22:14 AM »

U guys arent thinking the way I am thinking though

Its like Clinton and lying about having oral sex with Monica Lewinksy

Sure he could've just admitted to it, but who the fuck would do that?

He may have gotten off had it not been for his "friends' rolling over and copping a deal as well as his attorneys may have made it very hard to prove he without a doubt was involved.

When u are famous, tons of endorsements and making millions and millions of dollars, U are not gonna just say "Ok I did it"

I am not saying what he did wasn't wrong. I think it was absolutely horrible what Vick did and sure he deserves most of everything thats happened to him.

Its just, I find it disturbing when more people are outraged over Vick killing some dogs over people molesting children and killing and doing other crazy things to human beings.

People will forgive a murderer before they will Vick and that's pretty fuckin twisted.

VIck messed up doing the dog fighting, but after the fights, he couldn't exactly make the dogs pets. So basically he had to kill them.

He should get SOME TIME but 2 years? that is simply overboard in my opinion.  Hell drug dealers get less than that.

You misunderstand.

When he copped his plea, he agreed to do certain things.  If he did them, there was one sentencing guidline.  If he didn't, there was another.

He flat out didn't, and pissed off the judge.  So how can you feel sympathy, remorse, or outrage for a guy who's actions...AFTER he had pleaded guiltly.... added at least 12 months to his sentence?

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2007, 08:27:34 AM »

Throwing 23 months of prison time on top of all that is ludicrous and insane!!!!!!!!!

Sorry D, It's ludicrous the the sadist didn't get 10 years.

To think he got more time than most Child Molesters and more time than people who have killed HUMAN BEINGS.

That is a myth that is commonly thrown around. Child molesters and murderers generally get 10-20 years, or life, in State courts. He was found guilty in Federal Court. So, he will serve atleast 85% of his time.

People who get 1-5 years for taking a life are convicted of "manslaughter". There is a difference; There was no intent. That son of a bitch intented to to commit those acts. FUCK HIM! Hopefully, when he gets out, his career will be over. I'll boycott ANY company that gives him a job.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2007, 08:51:10 AM »

He'll never play in the NFL again...and if he does, he will be a marked man, not just by NFL players, but by fans.? There would be fan boycotts guaranteed.? Trust me.?

don't be so sure of that - have you seen some of the teams this year?? Shit, I could play QB for some of them.? Fans don't mind when the Ws are being put up (but Vick was never that good to me anyway).? Maybe him and Ricky Williams will play for the CFL or something...

One things for sure, he'll never EVER play for the Browns - the dog pound would FUCK HIM UP!!? ?hihi

If Al Davis is still around in 2 years, he'll have a job.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2007, 09:55:12 AM »

i'd be shocked if he doesn't play in the NFL again. depending on if there's a suspension when he gets out of jail, he will be 29 or 30 when he's eligible to play again.

americans are very forgiving and love a good comeback story. even if he continues to be an ass, americans are facinated with "the bad guy." just look at how popular mike tyson was. hell, ray lewis was involved in a murder and he's a god to alot of people. pacman jones. the NFL is loaded with criminals.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2007, 03:27:07 PM »

i'd be shocked if he doesn't play in the NFL again. depending on if there's a suspension when he gets out of jail, he will be 29 or 30 when he's eligible to play again.

He still has his indictments in State Court to deal with, and I have a suspicion that the local Judges won't be so forgiving. I seriously doubt any further convictions will run concurrent with the federal conviction.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2007, 03:54:40 PM »

What he lost outside of the court of law is irrelevant in my book.

He deserves more than 23 months if you ask me.

I agree, throw him away

Axl is God.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2007, 05:07:14 PM »

I think the reason crime is so high, partly is, prison doesnt rehabiliate anyone.

Also when people get out of jail, its almost impossible for them to get jobs cause they are ex-cons.

I think once u serve your time, u should be free to do whatever else u want.

If Vick can still be play, he should be allowed to.

He committed a bad act but he will have paid his debt.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2007, 05:39:34 PM »

I agree. I support his decision to work where ever he wants, but I will encourage everyone I know to not support businesses that hire him.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2007, 06:40:42 PM »

I think the reason crime is so high, partly is, prison doesnt rehabiliate anyone.

Also when people get out of jail, its almost impossible for them to get jobs cause they are ex-cons.

D, Michael will be able to play all the football he wants....however, it will not be in the National Football League.  Trust me.  Someone mentioned the local charges, and yeah, they will very likely not be concurrently run with his federal time. 

Al Davis will not be in the market for a quarterback for the next ten years.  Jamarcus Russell is a stud.  No other owner is stupid enough to sign Michael Vick.  It comes down to $$$$$$$$$$$$. 

Yes, NFL teams are desperate for quarterbacks (look at Testaverde at 43 years old in Carolina) but remember, character is huuuuuuge.  Vick's got none.  He is an irresponsible piece o' shit that better be on suicide watch because this guy's life as he knew it is done, over, finished.  He'll be finding Jesus soon, trust me.

Physical talent alone doesn't guarantee you a job.  Testaverde at 43 was taken in when younger guys like Aaron Brooks and Jeff George were told no thank you.  Character means something at the quarterback position.  It's like the unofficial spokesperson for the team.  The question mark of potential gambling under-world ties would always swirl.  Hell, the game he "took off" at the end of the season a few years back...this guy is a p.o.s.  and no, I'm not afraid to "judge others."  We don't "judge others" enough in my eyes.  That's why we so much shit around us every day.  People should be judging their own actions and always seeking to strengthen their moral fiber.   yes

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2007, 06:48:25 PM »

Al Davis will not be in the market for a quarterback for the next ten years.  Jamarcus Russell is a stud. 

Yeah...if only they could get an amazingly good, fast, tall receiver for, say, a 4th round pick. 

Nah...no one would be that stupid. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2007, 07:49:00 PM »

I'm not so sure he returns to the NFL at least as a quarterback. He is very likely going to miss 3 seasons. That is an eternity for a player especially one who's a running quarterback like he is. He is not going to be able to properly train in prison. I think its going to be very difficult for him to return to his current form after missing possibly three years.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2007, 08:26:25 PM »

My thing is

Leonard Little drove drunk and killed someone yet Ram fans cheered the guy.

Ray Lewis is probably responsible for the guy dying in Atlanta over super bowl weekend some years back and people cheer him.

Pacman Jones is a raving idiot who may have caused a guy to get shot and paralyzed.

U let a guy kill a dog though and he is the antichrist.

Pit Bulls in my opinion are evil breeds of dogs to begin with that most people want rid of.

Don't believe me? Do some research on some of the unprovoked attacks.  Of course take into account I am from Kentucky, the capital of Cockfighting *which I honestly have no problem with..... Sorry....*  Its just the guy did a bad thing but he is being treated like Chris Benoit when he murdered his family.

He killed some dogs, he didn't rape and murder children or sell crack thus killing and destroying an entire community.

Im not a supporter of dog fighting, I just think people are overreacting a bit and if they cared that much about other pressing issues, maybe more important stuff would get done.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2007, 08:55:49 PM »

Pit Bulls in my opinion are evil breeds of dogs to begin with that most people want rid of.

Don't believe me? Do some research on some of the unprovoked attacks.? Of course take into account I am from Kentucky, the capital of Cockfighting *which I honestly have no problem with..... Sorry....*? Its just the guy did a bad thing but he is being treated like Chris Benoit when he murdered his family.

You really believe this?  Wow.

Why do you keep comaring the crimes of Vick to what others did?  One has nothing to do with the other. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: